• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
If they picked characters based on sales, half the game would be pokemon
Guess what Nintendo is a business and is always going to judge its propertys importance in sales terms. Its just common sense.

Pokemon is the 2nd biggest selling franchise and, if you havnt noticed, in Melee they had the second ammount of reps with Zelda. Not to mention the Pokeballs.

Popularity will always be judged in terms of sales. Its the only effective way of measuring it. Ergo - D.K. = 4th most popular Nintendo Franchise as far as Nintendo is concerned.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pokémon still will be a very dominant franchise character wise in Brawl cause of the Pokémon Trainer. 3 Pokémon in one, and surely Jigglypuff and Mewtwo will return. Maybe we also get a newcomer for the Pokémon franchise, who knows?

I still think equality for all franchise is what Sakurai should aim for, not what franchises are selling the best. Thank god he won't... Otherwise we'd have Daisy, Waluigi, Bowser Jr. (though still likely) and Petey Piranha playable and who the hell is waiting for that?

If Kirby get's 3 characters, I hope Donkey Kong, Metroid and at least Star Fox get three characters as well since they are the more major franchises. Three Fire Emblem characters would also be really nice, but I'm guessing it'll be only Ike and Marth. F-Zero shamefully will probably have just one rep, same for Mother... And I'm guessing Wario Ware will only have Wario as well, though I can live with that since it's a new franchise in SSB.

Kirby, DK and F-Zero should've had their second character in Melee already. But since we're (probably) not getting another F-Zero character, I'm hoping that at least DK will get King K.Rool, especially cause the series is so neglected after Rare's department.

Anyways, King K.Rool for Brawl!

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
The characters that are included should be judged on a few factors:

1. Popularity (the only way to meassure this is in terms of sales and the poll)
2. Importance to their respective franchise and to Nintendo
3. Moveset Potential

And if that was the criterea then K Rool should definatly be in Brawl.

Sale's of the series WILL BE A MAJOR factor in deciding in which characters are included but not the only one. Metroid is a good example. Im pretty sure its sold alot more than Kirby and Star Fox but doesnt have the characters to back it up, so they'll probably get 2 (or 3 counting ZSS)

The final roster will definatly have a reflection on how important the franchises are to Nintendo and the sales of the franchises. Heres what I think the roster should look like:

Mario - 5-6 Characters
Pokemon - 4-5 Characters
LOZ - 4-5 Characters
D.K. - 3 characters
Kirby - 3 Characters
Star Fox - 3 Characters
Metroid - 2 Characters (3 including ZSS)
Fire Emblem - 2 characters
Earthbound/MOTHER - 1-2 Characters
F-ZERO - 1 Character
Various newer Nintendo franchises and retro franchises and third party franchises - 1 Character

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Made in less than 2 minutes. We have a beginning at least. :)

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
that'd be awsome thanks.... but i was wondering if we could put your K. Rool sig on the official post.

Please make the animated slim. And you can join straght away.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
At the moment, POSSIBLE Captains for Kremling Power:

1) Andy4Brawl_911

2) Xiangfeng

3) Vesperview (since your making the sig, im predicting you wanna join)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I'm all for K.Rool in Brawl. The DK series is criminally under-repped. K. Rool would be the fitting third inclusion and would be a great villian in the roster.

@ Andy4Brawl. Don't double post, instead use the 'edit' function in the bottom right corner of your posts if you want to add anything you forgot. Otherwise great job on this thread, the other one was terrible.

King K.Rool for Brawl.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
Thank god. I can't believe that other one was up for so long. It wasn't fair that our fan thread started with a message basically saying "K. Rool Sucks!"

K. Rool for Brawl!

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
I'm all for K.Rool in Brawl. The DK series is criminally under-repped. K. Rool would be the fitting third inclusion and would be a great villian in the roster.

@ Andy4Brawl. Don't double post, instead use the 'edit' function in the bottom right corner of your posts if you want to add anything you forgot. Otherwise great job on this thread, the other one was terrible.

King K.Rool for Brawl.
i know i should use edit, but slack man like me, gets into bad habits... would you like to join Kremling Power.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
If I were to join I really wouldn't have time to be an active, participating member of the group.

Because of that, I think I'll just help you guys out, be a regular in this thread and post artwork when I can. Thanks for the offer though. I will do some K.Rool art and post it here sometime soon.

K. Rool for Brawl.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Oh i forgot to sya, Kremling Power members ahve a duty, to try and make this a big, thread, so for stuf i haven't filled in the gaps, please help fellow Kremling Power people.

Oh and this will be our first Kremling Power kinda thing (yeah thingy.)

K. Rool Poll 1: Attacks from other costumes

I will only count votes from members of Kremling Power

A) Should K. Rool have his moves only from his king costume.

B) Should K. Rool wear his king costume but have attack from his other cotumes (preferably 1)

Results:

Andy4Brawl_911 - A

Zero Suit Falcon - A

Insurance Salesman - B

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
K. Rool for Brawl! He is a boxer, pirate, and scientist, which all have moves that would fit right in Smash Brothers. Plus, DK only has two reps, and it's a bigger franchise than many games with 2 or more reps in Melee or Brawl.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Oh i forgot to sya, Kremling Power members ahve a duty, to try and make this a big, thread, so for stuf i haven't filled in the gaps, please help fellow Kremling Power people.

Oh and this will be our first Kremling Power kinda thing (yeah thingy.)

K. Rool Poll 1: Attacks from other costumes

I will only count votes from members of Kremling Power

A) Should K. Rool have his moves only from his king costume.

B) Should K. Rool wear his king costume but have attack from his other cotumes (preferably 1)

Results:

Andy4Brawl_911 - A
I choose A

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
K. Rool for Brawl! He is a boxer, pirate, and scientist, which all have moves that would fit right in Smash Brothers. Plus, DK only has two reps, and it's a bigger franchise than many games with 2 or more reps in Melee or Brawl.
are you saying its good or bad.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Very nice. it's better than anything i can make thats for sure
Zero Suit Samus, since you've been constantly chatting with me about K. Rool and help organizing it, in maybe a week and 2 weeks i might let you post the poll for K. Rool and become a commander, but i think for now 3 is quite alot of commanders for a start.

Yeah I'll join.
Sweet, this isn't compulsary but it would be good if you made a small icon, saying KP (Kremling Power) commander. A bit like your Claus one. Thanks alot you have done a big part to Kremling Power, and you will always be high ranked.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
How would you guys see K.Rool fitting in the Subspace Emissary?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
He could face DK, that would be the rational thing. Now that we know Diddy and DK split up, who knows DK may have to face Bowser and K.Rool. That would be something I would love to see.

Alternatively, if he isn't facing one of the Kong's, who can you envisage him facing?

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
I think i see him two ways:

1) He is in another villainous group (other than the Sunspace Embassy,) called the Sinister Kings (it containing King Dedede, King Porkey [if Clause is pc] amd maybe Bowser.) Pretty they make havic.

2) Dk chases Bowser for the banana's, and discovers K. Rool was the stealer. I don't like this idea because i don't think in Brawl, characters should verse their arch rivals, if you know what i mean (since it's likely Mario will vs Subspace and Link will verse Wario.) I also thought Fox might vs. Mewtou (if he is in.)

3) If their is a boss in the DK series Wizpig, is likely to be it. Since bosses, normally only have appeared as an antagonist or a villain, that was thought to be the main but in the end wasn't (Example: SPOILER, General Scales.) Wizpigs attacks would have the uses of all his vehicles in Diddy Kong Racing.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
If he takes over Mushroom Kingdom im all for K Rool Vs Luigi, since Peach is off with Kirby and Mario with Pit.

I'd also like to see K Rool vs Samus as well. Or even K Rool vs Mega Man.

Or just seeing him at all is good enough for me.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I choose B for the poll. He needs to use his musket, otherwise he'll lose an awesome part of his moveset.

And in Subspace, I really don't know who he'll face. Maybe the Mushroom kingdom, like someone else said. It would be really funny if he faced someone serious like Samus or Captain Falcon, though.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Hay guys what do you reckon K. Rools Final Smash is... Or his taunts (I reckon a taunt should be him ripping the RARE logo apart. Jokes, jokes.)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
His taunt could be his faux death, or his gun exploding

Dry Bones

Smash Ace
i agree that K. Rool should be in the game, brawl would benefit from more classic villians like him =)

that said, i dont really see him getting in... he doesnt seem "japanese" enough for me, i dunno...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i agree that K. Rool should be in the game, brawl would benefit from more classic villians like him =)

that said, i dont really see him getting in... he doesnt seem "japanese" enough for me, i dunno...
Maybe because he wasn't invented in Japan?

Top Bottom