• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
King K rool would be a good choice, but cranky Kong would have a more unique move set XD (Seriously).

Er... we support K. Rool here, sorry mate.

And I disagree, but Ive already argued with people tonight, I dont want to do it again.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Nothing's better than a reptile with an eye tic and dissociative identity disorder!

I've been a K. Rool supporter since day one, so add one more member to THA KREMLING POWA.

KF11

Smash Apprentice
Nothing's better than a reptile with an eye tic and dissociative identity disorder!

I've been a K. Rool supporter since day one, so add one more member to THA KREMLING POWA.
before you join you need at least 20 post and participate in the k.rool thread more

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
1. That was a joke
2. How can an old man not have a unique moveset?
While I didnt say he wouldnt have a good moveset, I said his would not be better than that of K. Rool, and that has been established already in the thread.

Off topic, KaptK.Rool said during his synopsis that in DK64, K. Rool suffered from dimentia and schytzophrenia, which you would have to be more than a young person to realize.

I at first wondered when this could have happened in the game after I read this, but then it hit me.

After you finished a boss fight, and K. Rool sits in his chair and looks at what is supposedly a screen with a large barrel behind it, in which strange things happened, like Lanky Kong running up and down the barrel, outwitting his Kremlings, or DK slamming his fists onto the ground and recovering a golden banana.

All this appears to be happening behind the screen, like DK or Lanky were trapped behind a wall, but all of it couldnt have really happened, was THIS the paranoia, dimentia and Schytzophrenia <sp?> He was clearly seeing a visualization of his plans being unravelled, but he couldnt have really been seeing all that..

Strange that something so simple makes you think so much..

Just trying to clear up, was this what you meant?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gangplank Galleon was just predicted by a "Prophet"

I know it doesn't mean much...

But, that would be awesome...

Machete

Smash Ace
Gangplank Galleon was just predicted by a "Prophet"

I know it doesn't mean much...

But, that would be awesome...
Yeah, the Gangplank Galleon (and his music) would be awesome. I don't believe the prophets, though.

PD: The one of your sig is Kerrigan?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, the Gangplank Galleon (and his music) would be awesome. I don't believe the prophets, though.

PD: The one of your sig is Kerrigan?
The Kerrigan in my sig was fan made...found it on deviantART...

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
King K. Rool is one of my favorite video game characters and I would LOVE it if he was in the game but I realy doubt he'll be in now since DK really isn't a popular series at all anymore (It's still awesome, Jungle beat is by far my favorite DK game and king of swing and stuff rocked although that new racing game was awful) so 2 reps seems fitting.

Luigi player

Smash Master
King K. Rool is one of my favorite video game characters and I would LOVE it if he was in the game but I realy doubt he'll be in now since DK really isn't a popular series at all anymore (It's still awesome, Jungle beat is by far my favorite DK game and king of swing and stuff rocked although that new racing game was awful) so 2 reps seems fitting.
The DK franchise has very many games. Probably more then double than Kirby's (I think..). And it was probably much more popular than the Kirby series ever was. If Kirby get's 3 reps, DK should get 4. So please give him at least 3. DK isn't as big as it was, so 3 seems to be perfect. Diddy should've been in Melee, so it's only fair to give him 2 new ones.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
The DK franchise has very many games. Probably more then double than Kirby's (I think..). And it was probably much more popular than the Kirby series ever was. If Kirby get's 3 reps, DK should get 4. So please give him at least 3. DK isn't as big as it was, so 3 seems to be perfect. Diddy should've been in Melee, so it's only fair to give him 2 new ones.
i agree with u. although kirby is sakurai's
creation dk deserves more because its more
popular then kirby. and because diddy was
susposed to be in melee K.Rool is for surely in
K.Rool FTW!!

D

Deleted member

King K. Rool vs. Sukapon.

I now have a reason to get Brawl.

Luigi player

Smash Master
^lol.

I really hope King K. Rool is a playable character. It'd be really disappointing if he's not... I'm not sure if I even want to see the roster... maybe it's better not to know it so my hopes won't get crushed, and to (maybe) see some pretty big disppointments...

D

Deleted member

If K. Rool isn't in... I'll cry. K. Rool is just that phenomenal. He's the only DK rep that needs a spot. I mean, we have Kirby, Meta Knight and Dedede. That's the perfect Kirby team. I can't see why we won't get K. Rool.

KF11

Smash Apprentice
dunno about you but my dream matches are team kirby(kirby MK 3D) vs team Dk( DK diddy k.rool) and K.rool vs 3D ...... i mean come on who dosent want to see a demented croc with a personality disorder vs a giant greedy penguin with a jet powered hammer

super-7

Smash Journeyman
dunno about you but my dream matches are team kirby(kirby MK 3D) vs team Dk( DK diddy k.rool) and K.rool vs 3D ...... i mean come on who dosent want to see a demented croc with a personality disorder vs a giant greedy penguin with a jet powered hammer
K.Rool vs DDD ftw!!

KF11

Smash Apprentice
i still think DDD i far more scarier than K.Rool though.........look at is eyes, LOOK AT IS EYES, IS EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I had some ideas, I thought I'd post them! I hope that's okay! ;)

Now, Kirby *like DK* has been represented for two games now, with only ONE character. Kirby has just received his third rep now.

So...DK needs one more to satisfy me and most die hard DK fans.

Now..who is this representative? Dixie? Perhaps, but I think that King K. Rool would be a good choice. He's a villain, and he's a big character in the series. So, he's the most logical choice.

Now, K. Rool has three main appearances:
1. King K. Rool
2. Kaptain K. Rool
3. Barron K. Roolenstein

Each appearance gave him different attacks and tricks. I think that...
1. He should be repped by his most common appearance, the King
2. He COULD have alternate costumes *Wario does* but only Kaptain K. Rool

So...here's the moveset:
<Standard Special:> Shotgun *Kaptain* K. Rool will whip out a shotgun. Now, this move has varying effects. It will either shoot, 1 cannon, 3 cannons, or 1 spiked orb. They will vary in damage. The projectiles will fly in a straight line.

<Up Special:> K Rool Kopter. (Barron) K. Rool will have a small propeller that appears above his head. It will lift him up in the air for a distance, it does damage those it hits.

<Side Special> Crown toss: (King) K. Rool will toss a crown and it will travel in a straight line.

<Down Special> Cannon: He will raise his hands and a cannon ball will drop from the sky. *From DKC 1*

Final Smash 1: kremling army. A group of Kremlings will appear and attack players
Final Smash 2: Canon balls will fall quickly from the sky landing all over the stage.

Now...I have derived a different moveset that is centered around the K. Rool's main appearnce as King.

<Standard Special> the King will toss his crown and it will fly in a straight line
<Side Special> Shoulder bash: He will do a shoulder bash to the side, leaping surprisingly far.
<Down Special> The King will jump on a nearby opponent and ride on their shoulders, driving them to the ground, where they will lie crushed for a short time. He'll leap to the side basically, landing on anyone near.
<Up Special> Using his cape as an aid, the king will leap straight in the air. Just straight up, where he will do a small summersault at the top. *resembles capt. Falcon's Up special"

Now, right there you have it, my two movesets for K. Rool.

I would lOVE to see him playable

Nice ideas, I HOPE he makes it in!

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
I hear a lot of people talking now about Star Fox having 4 characters...(Because of the Krystal VA leak and "Prophet" prediction of Wolf)

Yet, they feel Donkey Kong is undeserving of 3...

I think that's outrageous!!!
Couldn't agree more with that.

OK, so a series of 4 games whose only claim to fame is having one of the first game to use 3D graphics is worthy of having more rep than the series that spawned the very first succesful game of Nintendo?

OK.

Good to see this thread has grown so much during my absence.

LuigiTendo said:
Now, K. Rool has three main appearances:
1. King K. Rool
2. Kaptain K. Rool
3. Barron K. Roolenstein
You forgot King Krusha K. Rool (Boxer), K. Rool also had a WII pilot costume in the cancelled game Diddy Kong Pilot.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah you forgot the Boxer K. Rool.

I think his down B should be a stomp attack and little shockwaves come out of it.

Otherwise I like the moveset.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I like the moveset LuigiTendo, but I still think his FS should be the invisible uppercut from Dk64, with a jetpack to catch jumpers.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
I feel that DK was at one time, ENORMOUSLY successful. The downfall of the series? Bongos. Those infernal things destroyed it.

Now, DK is a series worth representing, they had some phenomenal games and characters. Besides, the series is struggling currently...perhaps adding their "presenense" in brawl as much as possible would boost popularity! Especially if K Rool AND dixie both got in!

So...GO DK!

I support the series still, I just don't approve of the bongo games! ;)

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Oh wow. Just read the official leaks for Brawl thread... you guys should go read it if you haven't already.

Because one of the leaks mentioned was of several stages; Gorons Mountin, Luigi's Mansion, and Kaptain K. Rool's ship.

The specific naming of it leads me to believe it's either got K.Rool geared mostly for a pirate-y outfit (heavy use of the blunderbluss), or it's a stage that's supposed to be accredited to Diddy, as he's the star of DKC2.

As of now, we can only speculate one way or the other on how K.Rool's MS is going to be... as though it says "Kaptain K.Rool's ship", I take that to mean Gangplank Galleon, his "original" ship, but upon further though I remembered, he not only has the Flying Krock, but also that submarine which IIRC is also technically a ship...

I dont' think this has been mentioned before, so... discuss.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh wow. Just read the official leaks for Brawl thread... you guys should go read it if you haven't already.

Because one of the leaks mentioned was of several stages; Gorons Mountin, Luigi's Mansion, and Kaptain K. Rool's ship.

The specific naming of it leads me to believe it's either got K.Rool geared mostly for a pirate-y outfit (heavy use of the blunderbluss), or it's a stage that's supposed to be accredited to Diddy, as he's the star of DKC2.

As of now, we can only speculate one way or the other on how K.Rool's MS is going to be... as though it says "Kaptain K.Rool's ship", I take that to mean Gangplank Galleon, his "original" ship, but upon further though I remembered, he not only has the Flying Krock, but also that submarine which IIRC is also technically a ship...

I'm pretty sure it's gangplank galleon...IF it's true

Luigi player

Smash Master

Meh, and why should we believe this? There isn't any proof (I'm assuming), but I think there'll still be a K. Rool stage, even if this info is made up :p

Diddykong08

Smash Cadet
The reason why there isn't any proof because it's just a rumor...it hasn't been confirmed or deconfirmed but the more I find and read about K. Rool being in brawl and stage leaks, the more convinced I am that he's going to be in brawl one way or another...and more on the lines of a playable character.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys

I really really love the idea of having King K. Rool in Brawl, but it looks bitter: there is an Event stage called "Fight the Kings" or something like that in which you fight King Bowser and King Dedede. Now if King K. Rool would be in the game, he would be in that event as well, don't you think?

Very very sad :(

Machete

Smash Ace
Hey guys

I really really love the idea of having King K. Rool in Brawl, but it looks bitter: there is an Event stage called "Fight the Kings" or something like that in which you fight King Bowser and King Dedede. Now if King K. Rool would be in the game, he would be in that event as well, don't you think?

No. K. Rool would be unlockable, so he wouldn't appear in the first even match.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Hey guys

Kings II

they did this in melee alot.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hey guys

Yep, I think there might be an event match called three trouble kings, where he fights along with Bowser and Dedede. It would be strange if you'd unlock him in the first event match >_>

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Hm, couldn't you fight some of the secret characters in Melee-Events too before actually unlocking them? Like Mewtwo, Ganondorf, Game & Watch...

Crossfire

Smash Rookie
Well, I, as a newbie, am pretty late to be joining in this discussion, but I might as well chip in my two cents.

First of all, I could see him as a Boss rather than a PC, but if he were a PC, I imagine his moves could be something like this:

Melee

Standard - right jab, left jab
Forward - belly bump
Smash - karate chop
Downward - tail sweep
Smash - body slam
Upward - uppercut
Smash - crown swipe
Running - shoulder rush

Aerial

Standard - belly bash
Forward - arm thrust
Downward - belly flop
Upward - upward belly bounce
Backward - tail swipe

Grab/Throw

Grab - barrel cannon
Forward - forward blast
Downward - ground smash
Backward - rear blast
Upward - upward blast

Special

Standard - Kremling Krown

K. Rool tosses his crown, which hits foes caught multpile times, then returns. Kind of like Link`s Boomerang, but with more hits.

Forward - K.Rush Charge

After holding down to charge the attack, K.Rool hurls himself forward shoudler-first, knocking anyone he hits into the air.

Down - Steel Keg Shelter

K. Rool pulls out a steel keg and hides under it, rendering him impervious to attack. However, he cannot attack in this state, can only jump once and walks slower. Strong enoguh attacks also budge him, and if he stands on a steep enough slope, begins rolling until either you reach more level ground, in which case you can prop yourself back up by jumping, or shoot over a cliff, in which case you must remove the keg. You can remove it at any time by pressing B except when rolling down slopes.

Recovery - K.Rool Kannon

K. Rool loads himself into a Barrel Cannon, which begins turning around in mid-air. Release B to fire K. Rool out of the cannon in the direction the mouth is facing; if B is not released within ten seconds, K. Rool will be launched automatically.

Final Smash - Kolossal Klaptrap

K. Rool calls a giant Klaptrap to his side with a whistle. He hops on to ride it. Controls are normal, except A triggers a snapping frenzy, and double-jumping, grabbing and specials are unavailable. Eventually the Klaptrap shrinks down and runs way, whimpering.

Taunt

Up - imitates Diddy`s victory animation from DKC1 with his crown
Side - rolls crown along arms and shoulders
Down - takes crown off and bows

Well, shoot, now I guess he could go either way. Probably not the best moveset ever, but at least I tried.

Top Bottom