• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah, he lost, but I don't think it's too sad... he really had famous enemies there /: not even Donkey Kong would've had a chance. I'm glad K. Rool still got 16 votes. That means he's still loved by some people...

Diddykong08

Smash Cadet
Although it is unfortunate that K. Rool lost, he had a ridiculous group to go up against and this by no means say that he's not going to in brawl. It's nice to see that he's still got some fans.

Aamon

Smash Cadet
King K. Rool would be awesome for Brawl.
You can never have too many villains, after all. :)

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
still recovering over the fatal loss, on smash boards character thingy, oh well does anyone have anything that would help the support thread

Diddykong08

Smash Cadet
Ok, i've finally have finished my K. Rool moveset that may or may not be different from other people's ideas. This will only contain his smash attacks, his special moves, and i'll include his final smash.

Smash Attacks:
Left/Right Smash Attack: takes his side and rams it into the opponent NOT HIS SHOULDER
Up Smash: Whips his head, headbutting the opponent while having his crown fly off his a two-hit type combo
Down Smash: Takes both of his hands and smashes them into the ground creating a shockwave (similar to the one that he does in DK64) doing damage dependent on how long you charge the attack
Standard A: throws his crown in a boomerang fashion doing minimal damage

B Attacks:
Standard B: Takes out his blunderbuss and shoots either a cannonball, spikedball which both do good damage, blue material that freezes the opponent but does no damage, red material that reverses the opponents actions while doing no damage, and purple material that slows the opponent down but does no damage. All of the material things last from 3-6 seconds.
B left/right: Again, He takes out his blunderbuss and he moves like he did in DKC 2 using it as a propeller, having fire come out of the end and moving from left to right doing damage to whoever gets in the way.
Down B: Turns invisible, as he's done in DKC 1-3 and DK64 and he stays invisible from 5-7 seconds and while he's invisible, his stats get doubled for that time period.
Up B: Many people have argued whether to use the jet pack or something else because where would the jet pack be placed? I have a different arguement that uses a different option from the jet pack that K. Rool uses in DKC 3 so here is what I have come up with. He takes out his blunderbuss and fires three cannonballs to the ground creating a pretty decent sized air-blast out of the end of the blunderbuss, shooting K. Rool up in the air. Anyone that is in the way of the cannonballs gets damage and anyone that hits K. Rool when in the air will receive damage.

FINAL SMASH: K. Rool's FS is a comibination of his personas throughout his major games. First, K. Rool goes completely invisible and starts jumping up and down (you can see this by the ground shaking, which stuns any opponent in they way) and cannonballs and spiked cannonballs fall from the sky at random, creating mass damage to anyone that gets hit. While all of this is happening, K. Rool can attack ANYONE while he's invisible and his attack stats have tripled to have maximum damage on his opponents. His FS lasts for a decent amount of time, typically how normal FS's last.

I felt that I could not think of any air attacks for I probably wouldn't be unoriginal. I wanted my moveset to be as different as possible which I feel like I have succeeded in that department.

If anyone has any comments or thoughts of changing or tweaking things, feel free to post your opinion. K. ROOL FOR BRAWL!!
PS: K. Rool stage coming up next...

Diddykong08

Smash Cadet
I've been trying to find a image of King Krusha K. Rool but I have not been able to find one as of lately but i'm still trying. I'll do whatever for this support thread so just let me know

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
um could people judge between the move set on the thread and DiddyKong08, on which one shld be official? It's too hard for me to decide

Machspeed

Smash Lord
um could people judge between the move set on the thread and DiddyKong08, on which one shld be official? It's too hard for me to decide
I like the current one in the main post more.

And maybe for his FS, we could have a DK64 memoir, kind of like the peanut popguns.

Maybe K. Rool could do something like
pull out his boxing gloves from the final battle of DK64
, and have a limited time transformation, super moves, or possibly a whole match type transformation, like Zamus, and have an altered moveset.

Or maybe he could turn into a random version of K. Rool. (e.g. Baron K. Roolenstein, Kaptain K. Rool, King Krusha K. Rool blah blah)

Luigi player

Smash Master
"B Attacks:
Standard B: Takes out his blunderbuss and shoots either a cannonball, spikedball which both do good damage, blue material that freezes the opponent but does no damage, red material that reverses the opponents actions while doing no damage, and purple material that slows the opponent down but does no damage. All of the material things last from 3-6 seconds."

The red thingy slows down and the purple one reverses the movement. Just4info ^^

Diddykong08

Smash Cadet
Yeah I couldn't remember which did which so I went with my best judgement. Sorry about that.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
dnt worry, i've found a new way to get all the moivesets up, just if you want to improve your moveset, edit it, then post a seperate message telling me.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Ok, i've finally have finished my K. Rool moveset that may or may not be different from other people's ideas. This will only contain his smash attacks, his special moves, and i'll include his final smash.

Smash Attacks:
Left/Right Smash Attack: takes his side and rams it into the opponent NOT HIS SHOULDER
Up Smash: Whips his head, headbutting the opponent while having his crown fly off his a two-hit type combo
Down Smash: Takes both of his hands and smashes them into the ground creating a shockwave (similar to the one that he does in DK64) doing damage dependent on how long you charge the attack
Standard A: throws his crown in a boomerang fashion doing minimal damage

B Attacks:
Standard B: Takes out his blunderbuss and shoots either a cannonball, spikedball which both do good damage, blue material that freezes the opponent but does no damage, red material that reverses the opponents actions while doing no damage, and purple material that slows the opponent down but does no damage. All of the material things last from 3-6 seconds.
B left/right: Again, He takes out his blunderbuss and he moves like he did in DKC 2 using it as a propeller, having fire come out of the end and moving from left to right doing damage to whoever gets in the way.
Down B: Turns invisible, as he's done in DKC 1-3 and DK64 and he stays invisible from 5-7 seconds and while he's invisible, his stats get doubled for that time period.
Up B: Many people have argued whether to use the jet pack or something else because where would the jet pack be placed? I have a different arguement that uses a different option from the jet pack that K. Rool uses in DKC 3 so here is what I have come up with. He takes out his blunderbuss and fires three cannonballs to the ground creating a pretty decent sized air-blast out of the end of the blunderbuss, shooting K. Rool up in the air. Anyone that is in the way of the cannonballs gets damage and anyone that hits K. Rool when in the air will receive damage.

FINAL SMASH: K. Rool's FS is a comibination of his personas throughout his major games. First, K. Rool goes completely invisible and starts jumping up and down (you can see this by the ground shaking, which stuns any opponent in they way) and cannonballs and spiked cannonballs fall from the sky at random, creating mass damage to anyone that gets hit. While all of this is happening, K. Rool can attack ANYONE while he's invisible and his attack stats have tripled to have maximum damage on his opponents. His FS lasts for a decent amount of time, typically how normal FS's last.
I felt that I could not think of any air attacks for I probably wouldn't be unoriginal. I wanted my moveset to be as different as possible which I feel like I have succeeded in that department.

If anyone has any comments or thoughts of changing or tweaking things, feel free to post your opinion. K. ROOL FOR BRAWL!!
PS: K. Rool stage coming up next...
You have a pretty decent move set here but I think he should be invisable till he gets hit. That work a lil better. But as for the Final smash, I love the idea that he's invisable the whole time and that cannon balls far from the air n all but I also think adding the purple slow down would help make it hard to dodge. But maybe that'd be a lil much. But the invisability is a good add on to the cannon final smash.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Oh snap, you guys been busy debatin' while my computer was out hatin' (me.) Still don't have it... but it should be coming soon... (I REALLY need to give out my MSN after next week of college finals, so people can bug me to work on that K.Rool moveset I set out to make last June!)

At least now for this weekend while I am at my mom's appartment, I can use our old printer/scanner to get some scanning/printing done...

I said I'd do it, and I finally did it.

I'd start agruging why I gave him a cape and not a crazy-eye, but I don't have the time right now... <.<

Tried to color it last night when I couldn't sleep, but since I'm having to use my bro's laptop, I couldn't reference Kirby's eye colors when I couldn't remember... and I messed them up... so I'll try again when we get back on Sunday.

Wish I could've been there to vote for K.Rool too, sad that it's already over. :(

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
B- musket- K.Rool takes out the musket and fires a single shot. The attack has some lag and is quite slow but is very powerful and makes an explosion on impact.

Smash B- blind fury- K. Rool closes his eyes and swings his arm around like an idiot while running foward. This move is a homage to when he got the giant light stuck on his head in his DK64 fight.

Down B- Grenade- K.Rool tosses one of the orange grenades from DK64. Sometimes he will accidently throw a dud that doesn't explode and does only one damage with no knockback.

B up- Updraft- this is a response to the guy I quoted above's point about the cape taking away the chance of the jetpack. K.Rool catches an updraft with his cape that sends him upward a little. He can not glide due to his weight but he is invincible while doing this move.

Final smash- King Krusha uppercut- K.Rool turns invisible and appears in front of one random enemy uppercutting them. This is the same move he did to Chunky in the 64 fight except you can't see his shadow and anticipate his movements.

I'd do A attacks and what not but those are always generic physical attacks anyway.
This is my moveset I posted a couple pages back. I didn't get much feedback so can some of you please tell me what you think?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
This is my moveset I posted a couple pages back. I didn't get much feedback so can some of you please tell me what you think?
Haha, I like your moveset; maybe because I loved the DK64 final boss battle.

Since Diddy has his peanut popguns from DK64, I see no reason for Sakurai to not use bits and pieces of DK64 for K Rool's moveset.

Diddykong08

Smash Cadet
I def. like your moveset as well Numa Dude...nice job with the DK64 memoir...maybe we should just combine all of the posted movesets and post them in the intro section at the beginning of the page

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
K. Rool's final smash should be spawning a canon, and he could shoot different types of canon balls from it like in the final fight in Donkey Kong Country 2 diddy's Kong quest.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Yeah his B should be definently be his musket.

That being said, would you guys rather the projectile be aim-able, home in on enemies, or fly horizontally?

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
up b - helicopterpad

side b - musket fire

normal b - throws crown boomerang

down b - krushas people with his fists, simlar to DK's except instead of slaps it's fists with boxing gloves.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
up b - helicopterpad

side b - musket fire

down b - krushas people with his fists, simlar to DK's except instead of slaps it's fists with boxing gloves.
Only thing I disagree with in your moveset is the Down + b.

Sakurai said no clones or clone-like moves. Change that and I'll be satisfied.

Also, what do you suggest for his FS?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I think the Up B helicopter would work pretty good. The updraft of the cape is cool n all too but his DKC3 helicopter is cooler and to me seems like a better up b.

Machete

Smash Ace
Nice thread, K. Rool is too cool.

up b - helicopterpad

side b - musket fire

I like the moveset, but I think that his down b should be another musket shot, firing these energy blasts that invert your movements. If you charge it, then the blast moves in spiral, like in DKC2.

Also, I think that his side b move (the musket one) should be chargeable (if you charge it, then the cannonball has spikes), but if you charge it too much, the musket explodes (like Diddy's peanut popgun).

He should use his boxing gloves in his smash attacks.

His FS should be the Blast-O-Matic from Donkey Kong 64, or KAOS from Donkey Kong Country 3.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Only thing I disagree with in your moveset is the Down + b.

Sakurai said no clones or clone-like moves. Change that and I'll be satisfied.

yes but i aim in my moveset to have atleast one move from each of K. Rool personas, and Krusha is ahard one

Machspeed

Smash Lord
yes but i aim in my moveset to have atleast one move from each of K. Rool personas, and Krusha is ahard one
Ahh, didn't notice that...

For Krusha K. Rool, maybe he could do the "Jump up and sit down move" with a shockwave as he did in the ring of the final battle of DK64. The shockwaves could get increasingly bigger as he does it, but it only grows to a certain point.

Theres a Krusha K. Rool pic for the first post in the thread until we get in the better one, did my best with sharpening it; was very blurry when I first got it.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman

For Krusha K. Rool, maybe he could do the "Jump up and sit down move" with a shockwave as he did in the ring of the final battle of DK64. The shockwaves could get increasingly bigger as he does it, but it only grows to a certain point.

Theres a Krusha K. Rool pic for the first post in the thread until we get in the better one, did my best with sharpening it; was very blurry when I first got it.
thanks for the krusha pix, unfortunately myu brpadband is out, and it will take ageas for it to load but thanks

Machspeed

Smash Lord

That's a much better one imo. Use that one instead of the blurry one, sharpened it a bit more.

Well, whenever you get your broadband fixed.

Machete

Smash Ace

For Krusha K. Rool, maybe he could do the "Jump up and sit down move" with a shockwave as he did in the ring of the final battle of DK64. The shockwaves could get increasingly bigger as he does it, but it only grows to a certain point..
Yes, that's Krusha's best special move, this could be his down b.

Although I think that Krusha's participation in K. Rool's moveset should be only in Smash Attacks.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Yes, that's Krusha's best special move, this could be his down b.

Although I think that Krusha's participation in K. Rool's moveset should be only in Smash Attacks.
Yeah.

F Smash - An immediate jab in front of K. Rool with the boxing glove.

D Smash - Does the Jump and Sit move, creating a small shockwave which expands both ways horizontally.

U Smash - Throws a boxing glove just a bit overhead, reaching no more than Marth's Up + Smash attack, just like he tried to get Diddy down from the ceiling in the DK64 final boss battle.

That would be something like the Krusha smash moveset, however I would prefer if both the smash attacks and specials were integrated through all his forms. (each version of K. Rool get's their special attack/smash attack)

Machete

Smash Ace
Yeah.

F Smash - An immediate jab in front of K. Rool with the boxing glove.

D Smash - Does the Jump and Sit move, creating a small shockwave which expands both ways horizontally.

U Smash - Throws a boxing glove just a bit overhead, reaching no more than Marth's Up + Smash attack, just like he tried to get Diddy down from the ceiling in the DK64 final boss battle.

That would be something like the Krusha smash moveset, however I would prefer if both the smash attacks and specials were integrated through all his forms. (each version of K. Rool get's their special attack/smash attack)
Yes, that's what I'm thinking.
His dash attack should be the blind fury move that Numa Dude described in the last page.
Maybe, his d tilt could be similar to Samus', but with his musket.

I can't think anything from DKC3 beyond KAOS and the helicopterpad.

Top Bottom