• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool New Official Support Thread *(Now recruiting people for Kremling Power)

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Hmm? Not really. The Super Show was sucessful enough, though kids enjoyed the animated part better it seems, so when it became based on SMB3 and SMW, it was all cartoons, I know that. It survived a lot longer than that DK cartoon.
And here I was under the impression that only F-Zero and Kirby had decent cartoons. :psycho:

K. Rool doesn't matter in comparison to their importance though. He's just the throw away villain created soley for that spot. There's no deeper connection between him and DK other than his standard stealing and threatning. Any villain can fill that roll and nothing would be lost.
You could say the exact same thing about every other villain ever made. It doesn't take deep personal history with the hero to be a good villain. You just have to be a bad mother****er and K.Rool has that by the ****load.

The AC human though is the face of Animal Crossing,
Tom Nook says hi.

which has been highly sucessful,as shown in how much representation it's getting. They are more unique, recognizable, and create a better balance.
More unique? They are personalityless avatars. Recognizable? I laugh at that idiotic comment. K.Rool is the villain of one of Nintendo's all star franchises. A better balance? WTF?

Sorry, you just threw in that accronym without explination. He has more M.P.D? I just assumed that it had to do with the context and that he was a more important villain. Please explain yourself.
Multiple Personality Disorder. It means K.Rool has several personalities. It's the same disease the hulk has.

Ridley actually has more of a connection to the main character than the simple "Blarg i stel j00r banas" or "mah blast-o-matic wil keel u all to teh deds." Also he's really the only acceptable character for the second Metroid spot. (Third if technical, but he deserves it more than ZSS anyways) And it is a good balance. Bowser, Ganondorf, Wario, Dedede, and Ridley are all the villains that are worth it. I guess you can count Mewtwo in there, but he's kinda on the fench like Metaknight. The point is that they are all big name memorable and original villains instead of trash like K. Rool.
You are totally biased against K.Rool. To YOU he may not be memorable or original but to his legions of fans he is in fact very memorable and original.

That comment was labeled at the hypocracy of thinking that K. Rool could ever get in other than to add numbers to his franchise. =/
:confused: The main villain of the franchise would totally be added just to bolster his series numbers.

You have a musket, and that's it. He's not unique beyond that. Heck, Snake's rocket launcher basically emulates that. You can use the Cracker Laungher or the Super Scope too. All of his other moves are basically already used.
Wow. You totally choose to ignore all the great movesets that have been shoved in your face. Why don't you go back a few pages to the moveset I made in my first response to you? That should shut you up, unless of course you choose to ignore it again.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to join Kremlin Power.
sure, just aslong as you wear the sig with pride.

Also guys visit http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=125751 and vote for K. Rool tommorow, also Geno fans, don't waste your vote straight away, It's likely Geno will go shooting ahead and it miht not matter if you don't vote for him. Also DiddyKong8, are you wondering why your sig aint comming out, its because you you have doubl http

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You people should REALLY play DK Jungle Climber before saying K.Rool's personality didn't develop. <_<; In Jungle Climber, K.Rool stole the sacred Crystal Bananas from a humanoid-banana alien called Xananab to conquer the world. Also it's been explained in the game that K.Rool doesn't even likes bananas, at all!

Anyways, K.Rool's plans go further than just steal DK's nanners. Ever since even DKC2, K.Rool's main motive wasn't even stealing DK's bananas. In DKC2 GBA they explained that K.Rool would trade DK's freedom for the Banana Hoard, but the Kongs didn't accept the offer. And in DKC3, K.Rool captured DK and Diddy behind the scenes while they were searching for the Lost World to use their body and brains to controll his robot KAOS.

K.Rool didn't had as many appearances as say Bowser, but that doesn't mean that he's less important to his franchise as Bowser is. In every game he was in (except Donkey Konga in which he still had a cameo appearance in and Jungle Beat which was a plain horrible game without any other Rare created DK character in) he was the main villian and in my opinion he's one of the most original Nintendo villains ever created.

Luigi player

Smash Master
"It's not like I'm trying to make you all hate the character like I do. >_>"

Now there we go! We found the reason why you think/wish he doesn't has a good chance.

We all know K. Rools chances aren't THAT high. But they're more than some other characters and probably about 60%. And like I said before: He had 2 votes on Sakurais poll. Sakurai put him in his poll for a reason, and the fact that he got 2 votes really put him a little higher.

I'm still not so sure if he'll make it and I'm worried about that, but his chances aren't as bad as you make it sound.

Why do you hate a video game character anyway? Has he done anything to you? (>_>) You probably just don't want that he takes the spot over your wanted characters.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
Why bother arguing against me? I feel that I have the correct stance, and they keep opposing me. Thus, why should I give up? Though it's possible I should. No one's comming up with anything good anymore. Even if I havn't changed their minds, the point about his chances are so low, has been made clear. =/

because you're posting in their thread. obviously.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Here's just my two cents.

K. Rool has been around since I can remember playing Donkey Kong games, and he has been in many shapes and sizes. He has always been the antagonist as we all know, and has made trouble for all the kongs through different schemes. However, he's done this differently many times (Baron K. Roolenstein, Kaptain K. Rool etc.). These different "forms" of K. Rool make way for a great and unique moveset. And to those who say the musket can't do anything because they're other types of projectile characters, think again. This would be the only addition to the roster, who is a heavyweight using aimed projectiles. It wouldn't hurt also, adding to the "grand total" of only three DK characters. (Come on guys we need SOMETHING evil from DK's series :p) If K. Rool isn't in SSBB I can definently see him making the cut in future sequels to this game.

With all that said, K. ROOL FOR BRAWL!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
2 people voting K. Rool doesn't really mean a thing. Heck, does that mean everyone else with two votes is going to be a character? If me and a friend suggested a random character, would that make them all the more likely?

And I hate him for the same reason as Waluigi. They are just bad characters.

(And wait, he says he doesn't want bananas, but he steals the banana horde in the first game, and then wants to trade DK for them later?)

And here I was under the impression that only F-Zero and Kirby had decent cartoons. :psycho:

You could say the exact same thing about every other villain ever made. It doesn't take deep personal history with the hero to be a good villain. You just have to be a bad mother****er and K.Rool has that by the ****load.

Tom Nook says hi.

More unique? They are personalityless avatars. Recognizable? I laugh at that idiotic comment. K.Rool is the villain of one of Nintendo's all star franchises. A better balance? WTF?

Multiple Personality Disorder. It means K.Rool has several personalities. It's the same disease the hulk has.

You are totally biased against K.Rool. To YOU he may not be memorable or original but to his legions of fans he is in fact very memorable and original.

:confused: The main villain of the franchise would totally be added just to bolster his series numbers.

Wow. You totally choose to ignore all the great movesets that have been shoved in your face. Why don't you go back a few pages to the moveset I made in my first response to you? That should shut you up, unless of course you choose to ignore it again.
K.Rool has intercourse with his own mother? Now that's just more of a reason not to let him in. In anycase, K. Rool is way to cartoony to be what you are really implying, along with his constant habit to play dress up like Super Show Bowser did. >_>

Tom Nook being excluded saddens me, but he really isn't the face of the series. He's the most memorable character, but not the face, since the face is supposed to be yourself, and you are the AC human. (Which is why the AC human isn't the most memorable character).

In comparison to K. Rool, all of them have more personality, with the exception of Ridley and his lack of diologue. (Who's actually more involved in Samus's story, and is unique from the other villains) They are also more recognizable, and by effect, much more popular. That much is obvious. And K. Rool may be a villain of a all-star franchise, but that doesn't make him deserve it. Andross is the main villain of Star Fox, and he doesn't deserve a spot. Neither does Wolf. Being the main villain doesn't cut in anymore if you don't deserve it.

I'd hardly say he has a legion of fans. Heck, are you guys fans of Dr. Claw from Inspector Gaget? Or were you a fan of the Super Show Bowser, who K. Rool's virtually the same as? How about thos Scooby Doo villains? They are basically all the same thing.

I'm actually confused as to what page we're on with this part. I guess you're trying to be sarcasitc here and say he wouldn't be added just to add numbers to the series. The thing is there's no excuse for him outside of that.

I've seen your movesets, and there's nothing particularly original about them. If you've got something you're really proud of though, just state it instead of trying to make me run around. >_>

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
2 people voting K. Rool doesn't really mean a thing. Heck, does that mean everyone else with two votes is going to be a character? If me and a friend suggested a random character, would that make them all the more likely?

(And wait, he says he doesn't want bananas, but he steals the banana horde in the first game, and then wants to trade DK for them later?)

K.Rool has intercourse with his own mother? Now that's just more of a reason not to let him in. In anycase, K. Rool is way to cartoony to be what you are really implying, along with his constant habit to play dress up like Super Show Bowser did. >_>

Tom Nook being excluded saddens me, but he really isn't the face of the series. He's the most memorable character, but not the face, since the face is supposed to be yourself, and you are the AC human. (Which is why the AC human isn't the most memorable character).

In comparison to K. Rool, all of them have more personality, with the exception of Ridley and his lack of diologue. (Who's actually more involved in Samus's story, and is unique from the other villains) They are also more recognizable, and by effect, much more popular. That much is obvious. And K. Rool may be a villain of a all-star franchise, but that doesn't make him deserve it. Andross is the main villain of Star Fox, and he doesn't deserve a spot. Neither does Wolf. Being the main villain doesn't cut in anymore if you don't deserve it.

I'd hardly say he has a legion of fans. Heck, are you guys fans of Dr. Claw from Inspector Gaget? Or were you a fan of the Super Show Bowser, who K. Rool's virtually the same as? How about thos Scooby Doo villains? They are basically all the same thing.

I'm actually confused as to what page we're on with this part. I guess you're trying to be sarcasitc here and say he wouldn't be added just to add numbers to the series. The thing is there's no excuse for him outside of that.

I've seen your movesets, and there's nothing particularly original about them. If you've got something you're really proud of though, just state it instead of trying to make me run around. >_>
uhh Lucas got 2 votes and he's in so...

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Here's just my two cents.

K. Rool has been around since I can remember playing Donkey Kong games, and he has been in many shapes and sizes. He has always been the antagonist as we all know, and has made trouble for all the kongs through different schemes. However, he's done this differently many times (Baron K. Roolenstein, Kaptain K. Rool etc.). These different "forms" of K. Rool make way for a great and unique moveset. And to those who say the musket can't do anything because they're other types of projectile characters, think again. This would be the only addition to the roster, who is a heavyweight using aimed projectiles. It wouldn't hurt also, adding to the "grand total" of only three DK characters. (Come on guys we need SOMETHING evil from DK's series :p) If K. Rool isn't in SSBB I can definently see him making the cut in future sequels to this game.

With all that said, K. ROOL FOR BRAWL!
Well said. There are no heavyweights with a projectile and that would work very well. What would also make the Musket orginal is if you can fire both cannons and that weird color $hit that slows you down.(Sorry if someone has suggested that before.)

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Also i think you should GTFO out of this topic as you don't support K. Rool getting in Brawl, so why the **** do you keep hanging around?

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Seperate the quotes please. It's easier to read that way.

The intercourse part really made me laugh I'll give you that much. So being cartoony means you can't be an evil mofo? What are you stupid? Cartoon villains are evil just for the heck of it most of the time. What sets K.Rool apart is he really has no idea just how evil he is really being. He's sick in the head, plain and simple. Stop reffering to the super show because I doubt anyone even remebers that show (I myself didn't even know such a show existed until you mentioned it)

The AC symbol is Tom Nook's leaf. I think he can be considered the face of the franchise.

In comparison to K. Rool, all of them have more personality,
Personality never has and never will mean anything in any smash game ever and anyone who thinks it does is a *******.

with the exception of Ridley and his lack of diologue. (Who's actually more involved in Samus's story, and is unique from the other villains) They are also more recognizable, and by effect, much more popular. That much is obvious.
I don't see where you are going with the recognizable crap because K.Rool is very much recognizable and popularity means squat.

And K. Rool may be a villain of a all-star franchise, but that doesn't make him deserve it. Andross is the main villain of Star Fox, and he doesn't deserve a spot.
There is a fine line between deserving it and having the physical appendages needed to fight.

Neither does Wolf.
*****, say that over on the Wolf thread and I'll prove every n00B point you bring up wrong.

Being the main villain doesn't cut in anymore if you don't deserve it.
And what exactly makes a character deserve it all knowing one?

Yes, all those things are the main villain of a huge Nintendo franchise.

How about the fact that HE'S THE MAIN VILLAIN OF THE FRANCHISE!

Nothing original? You where the one saying K.Rool can't be in if his moves are too similar to other characters and when I make a moveset with moves unlike any others you say it's unoriginal? You are just too **** biased.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Seperate the quotes please. It's easier to read that way.

The intercourse part really made me laugh I'll give you that much. So being cartoony means you can't be an evil mofo? What are you stupid? Cartoon villains are evil just for the heck of it most of the time. What sets K.Rool apart is he really has no idea just how evil he is really being. He's sick in the head, plain and simple. Stop reffering to the super show because I doubt anyone even remebers that show (I myself didn't even know such a show existed until you mentioned it).
Well maybe you should look it up. It's where K.Rool's character comes from, as he's essentially Bowser from there.

Oh my.

Anyways, yes the cartoony-ness normally is something you can't be at the same time, while retaining the characteristic you seem to see in him. Just doesn't happen I'm afraid. And heck, you're starting to contradict it with your explination as to why.

The AC symbol is Tom Nook's leaf. I think he can be considered the face of the franchise.
And the mushroom is essentially the head of a Toad. They must b the faces of the franchise.

The icon is just that, a icon. They don't dictate who is more important than who, it's just a cmmon symbol seen throughout. The leaf is like this, since you are constantly talking to Nook, and your furniture basically become leaves. Still it's the AC human who does the interacting, and is there all the time.

Personality never has and never will mean anything in any smash game ever and anyone who thinks it does is a *******.
Yet you're acting like K. Rool's makes him stand apart, and thus should be included?

I don't see where you are going with the recognizable crap because K.Rool is very much recognizable and popularity means squat.
You'v said personality doesn't matter. You've said uniqueness doesn't matter. You've here said popularity doesn't matter. I admit K. Rool never really had any of these, but what else do you even think could get anyone in?

There is a fine line between deserving it and having the physical appendages needed to fight.
Sure would be unique, wouldn't it? No other smasher would be like him if they resized him. Oiginal moves aswell, eh? Plus he's got more storyline relivance than K. Rool. Heck, he seems to deserve it more than K. Rool when you think about it.

*****, say that over on the Wolf thread and I'll prove every n00B point you bring up wrong.
Granted I won't stray too off topic here, but there's no way Wolf's in either. His chances are worse than K. Rool's to boot! At least K. Rool isn't just a pallete swap. (There, you got some positive comments from me)

And what exactly makes a character deserve it all knowing one?
Being memorable enough. Being unique enough. Not being there just to be a villain counterpart to a good guy, and being there because their character is just that good. K. Rool does not apply. He's just DK's standard villain with nothing to show for it.

Yes, all those things are the main villain of a huge Nintendo franchise.
That's what makes him popular? Because he's Nintendo? At the end of the day, you distinguish him by the fact he's Nintendo?

How about the fact that HE'S THE MAIN VILLAIN OF THE FRANCHISE!
When you're as crummy and generic as him, hat doesn't cut it.

Nothing original? You where the one saying K.Rool can't be in if his moves are too similar to other characters and when I make a moveset with moves unlike any others you say it's unoriginal? You are just too **** biased.
You're still not proving me wrong here. Is it that musket? Is it him throwing his crown? Is it im just jumping? The only thing there which hasn't really been done is the crown, and that's just idiotic.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's not just 2 people who voted for him, it were 2 suggestions by people who were approved by Sakurai. Sure you and your friend could both vote for a random obscure 3rd party character but that wouldn't make that character more likely cause obviously you have to add more into your suggestion mail than just the name of the character to be approved by Sakurai.

That's your opinion, but at least K.Rool has loads more originality, personality and importance than Waluigi, who I think IS a bad character.

I strongly disagree with you here. K.Rool has loads of peronality as explained loads of times to you. He's in short a totally unbalanced maniac, who has all crazy random ideas which all come out of frustation out of losing to the Kongs. Might explain the eye tick of his.

First K.Rool does a attempt to steal the Kong's biggest treasure, the Banana Hoard. His motivies are unknown, but he fails cause DK and Diddy came to get their bananas back. Then he kidnappes Donkey Kong, in a attempt to get the Banana Hoard anyways. This also fails, but this time by Diddy and Dixie. Later K.Rool captures both DK and Diddy to use them to power up his robot. And in DK64, he's so fed up with the Kongs that he decides to just blow up their island so that they'll never ruin his plans again.

The thing that makes K.Rool so unique is that he's not predictable unlike other Nintendo villains. Bowser will ALWAYS try and kidnap Peach, no mather what. Ganondorf will always try to get the power of the Triforce to conquer over Hyrule. Wolf is a mecrenary who wants revenge on Fox and Ridley as you said has no personality at all.

That, and K.Rool will always suprise you when your up to the final fight. In DKC1, he droppes cannonballs from the sky, shows he has extremly high jumps and fast running speed for his fat *** body, and he fakes his death. In Donkey Kong Land he jumps rather akwardly, and uses a belly flop attack while you'd expect him to be like he was in DKC. In DKC2 he shoots gasses out of his musket and uses invisibility powers. In DKC3 he does... random stuff. In DK64, he's a boxer and in DK Jungle Climber he uses the power of a Crystal Banana to super size himself. It gives him lots of unique points, and would easily create a very good and fun moveset in Super Smash Bros.

I don't see huge support for ANY unacounced character that isn't Ridley anymore now that the biggest fan favorites are already added. Krystal and Geno come to mind, but there aren't many other characters that are very hyped at the moment. K.Rool has a fair group of fans I say, but surely you can't judge a character's popularity like this...

A big fat crocodile who uses his belly flop, boxer, pirate and doctor-"alter egos" to create one wacky moveset isn't a good reason to add K.Rool? Dude, I'd love to play as a crown throwing, musket shooting, overweight crocodile who jumps and runs way too good for the size of his belly! But that's probably just me... or the rest of the people who grew up with Donkey Kong Country and don't feel 'betrayed' by Rare (while Rare wasn't the 'traitor' to begin with >_<) but that's another story...

I won't promise you anything, but I might do something like that when I've got time. Maybe...

Diddykong08

Smash Cadet
The AC series doesn't have as much history as the other great nintendo games (Mario series, Link Series, Kirby Series, and DK series and Pokemon series). Pieman0902, you're supporting a character and a game series that has had a total of three games. Not many people are too aware of the AC series nor does it outrank the DK series by any means what so ever. The four series that I mentioned in parenthesis were the building blocks and continue to be the building blocks for what people recoginze as the five most popular gaming series ever for nintendo. But not all of them should have equal representation. Obviousley, Mario, Pokemon, and Link series should have more reps than the DK and Kirby series but, the DK series is more than derserving to have a third rep which would be K. Rool. You say that he's not popular or has been forgotten? Well why does he keep showing up in DK games? Granted, Nintendo has yet to produce a DK game like SMB for the Wii, but i'd bet my bank account on the fact that they will and K. Rool will be the main villain. Plus the fact that he has loads of personality, a moveset that goes beyond the imagination, and the fact that he was listed and sakurai's list for getting multiple votes to be in brawl as a playable character and Tom Nook did not. And the two beside his name doesn't mean he got two votes, it probably means that he got more in the lines of 200 or possibly 2000 votes. But in the end of things, it all comes down to if Sakurai feels that K. Rool would fit into brawl as a playable character is the only concrete deciding factor. But, K. Rool has a much better chance of getting into brawl than Tom Nook, and I firmly stand by that.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Quick post. :O

Still, the two votes don't add up to much. Heck, Sakurai chose to let the blue virus from Dr. Mario in, and Link's Uncle. show up. And as for characters with two votes, we have Oguma, Lip, Kawasima and more. Heck, at leas two of those were main characters, instead of the third representative of a already balanced franchise. >_>

It is my opinion, and I won't try to persuade anyone to follow my own beliefes, but he really doesn't have much of those traits you prescribed to him, and they really are tied around with Waluigi. =/

K. Rool always had the eye, there's no explanation for that. And actually, most of those motives seem to fill the line of the same pattern. And heck, most of those things are sitll generic as sin. I'm not claiming that the others don't follow their own patterns, but that besides that, they have their own personalities, and have become characters in their own rights. (And Ridley does have a personality, but it's still lacking)

Everything you listed in his powers department are basically things Bowser or other villains have done. The musket aside.

I judge K. Rool's popularity like this because I don't see it in other places. If he really was popular, I'm sure I'd see more out on other boards, but there just isn't.

Outside of the crown throwing, if you give Bowser a cracker launcher, you've got basically the same thing. (And seriously, loads of villains can seemingly run and jump fast though they look fat, but it hasn't translated at all for them. Just look at Bowser)

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Seperating quotes FTW! ;)

Well maybe you should look it up. It's where K.Rool's character comes from, as he's essentially Bowser from there.

Oh my.

Anyways, yes the cartoony-ness normally is something you can't be at the same time, while retaining the characteristic you seem to see in him. Just doesn't happen I'm afraid. And heck, you're starting to contradict it with your explination as to why.
Now you're just making **** up. A cartoon can be evil just like a real person. You keep acting as if his origin as a bowser rip-off actually matters to Sakurai a man that has had no relation to either franchise, which is stupid. I say K.Rool is original, you say he is generic. We keep going back and forth with this and neither of our opinions really matter on this.

And the mushroom is essentially the head of a Toad. They must b the faces of the franchise.
Except that the mushroom item really has no relation to the Toads other then they are fungi. The leaf is the sign of the Tanooki so it being the AC symbol says alot about Nook's importance.

The icon is just that, a icon. They don't dictate who is more important than who, it's just a cmmon symbol seen throughout. The leaf is like this, since you are constantly talking to Nook, and your furniture basically become leaves. Still it's the AC human who does the interacting, and is there all the time.
I think we are getting off topic about this. I don't even remember how we got on the topic of the AC human. We should drop this and just keep on with K.Rool.

Yet you're acting like K. Rool's makes him stand apart, and thus should be included?
No. I am trying to make a point about K.Rool not being generic. Whether he is or not really has no affect on his chances at all.

You'v said personality doesn't matter.
Because it ****ing doesn't.

You've said uniqueness doesn't matter.
Where the **** did I say that? For your information I think that the more good moveset potential a character has the more likely they are (if they are important enough to get in anyway of course).

You've here said popularity doesn't matter.
Not only me, but Sakurai HIMSELF said popularity means squat.

I admit K. Rool never really had any of these, but what else do you even think could get anyone in?
The most important factor for a character's inclusion is plain and simple. Franchise importance. Withought K.Rool the D.K franchise would have no main villain and would therefore suck as no one wants to play a game like Donkey Kong withought a villain.

Sure would be unique, wouldn't it? No other smasher would be like him if they resized him. Oiginal moves aswell, eh? Plus he's got more storyline relivance than K. Rool. Heck, he seems to deserve it more than K. Rool when you think about it.
Now you're just being an ***. Andross WOULD have been original had they included him (made up body or not) Andross DID deserve to be in brawl somehow (IMO playable but Sakurai obviously didn't share that opinion) but he was obviously skipped over for whatever reason. Personally I think he decided to add Wolf instead of going through the trouble of making a brand spanking new body for the A man.

Granted I won't stray too off topic here, but there's no way Wolf's in either. His chances are worse than K. Rool's to boot! At least K. Rool isn't just a pallete swap. (There, you got some positive comments from me)
I don't think I can ever respect you now that I know you are one of those idiots who can't see past a characters looks.

Being memorable enough. Being unique enough. Not being there just to be a villain counterpart to a good guy, and being there because their character is just that good. K. Rool does not apply. He's just DK's standard villain with nothing to show for it.
K.Rool is sure as hell memorable since they keep making games with him. He's sure as hell unique what with his mental illness and all. I also love how you basically ignore the fact that every villain ever made is the same as K.Rool (in your words being the villain counterpart to a good guy).

That's what makes him popular? Because he's Nintendo? At the end of the day, you distinguish him by the fact he's Nintendo?
Wow. You completley missed the fact my comment was sarcasm directed at your examples of generic bad guys.

When you're as crummy and generic as him, hat doesn't cut it.
That's why he shouldn't be in? You think he is a crummy villain? I think Ridley is a crummy villlain. RIDLEY DECONFIRMED!!!!!!111 n00B Sakurai could care less what you think of K.Rool or if K.Rool has no personality and is some generic Bowser rip-off. At the end of the day his job is to make Kids game characters beat each other to a pulp and that is what he will do, regardless of trivial things like personality.

You're still not proving me wrong here. Is it that musket? Is it him throwing his crown? Is it im just jumping? The only thing there which hasn't really been done is the crown, and that's just idiotic.
This proves you didn't even read my moveset as the only move you listed above I had was the musket which is original enough (maybe not the cannon ball explosion effect most people want but it doesn't have to be like that).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Might I add that King DeDeDe just like the Ice Climbers uses a hammer as well? And on paper, he would make a far more bland character than K.Rool, but things as the Jet Hammer made up for that. Wolf and Fox could easily become believable clones and I never saw Bowser throwing crowns, shoot canonballs from the sky, shoot gasses out of a musket or use belly flops.

And yes, K.Rool infact HAS those traits I prescribed him.

The Melee thropy of K.Rool mentoined that the eye thick might be a sign of stress. But I haven't checked it in a long time so perhaps it's not exactly like that, but it atleast mentoined that K.Rool has a very unbalanced personality in sence that he's very impulsive and will always follow his own crazy ideas.

And there's a huge difference between the Cracket Launcher and K.Rool's musket. First, he shoots canonballs from them, which won't explode on impact but could be able to bounce on the floor like in DKC2's final battle. The musket could also be used in close combat, cause if you came too close, K.Rool would use some kind of vacuum attack from his musket on the Kongs, and stylfully whack them with it when they where in range.

The thing I just DON'T get from you is why you keep on compare K.Rool with Bowser. Bowser is from Mario, which is the best selling video game franchise ever. K.Rool is even lucky that he's still remembered and is still appearing after all the hate on Rare after they left Nintendo. The Donkey Kong franchise still mostly has all it's popularity from the DKC games. I myself even am very suprised to see K.Rool getting this much love on internet forums cause of those crazy Mario fanboys o.O;.

Sure Bowser is more popular and well known but DUH! Even ****ing Ridley can't compare with Bowser... <_<; He's just everywhere and won't leave. But still, K.Rool shouldn't be compared with Bowser just cause they're both reptiles. Really, that's about the only thing the two have in common, besides being mayor video game villains that's that. Bowser is a TURTLE and King K. Rool is a CROCODILE, and in case you can't see the differences between those animals here you go:

That's a turtle...

And that's a crocodile, and those bad *** mini dinosaurs eat turtles for lunch as proved in this video.

For closing might I add that Ridley's also a reptile? A fire breathing reptile even! OMG!?! And his other unique traits are already taken by other characters, I mean give Pit a Super Spicy Curry and a Mega Mushroom or two and you have Ridley! What possible uniqueness could he offer? </sarcasm cause he don't wanna get eated alive by remains of Club R.I.D.L.E.Y>

hello_kitty

Smash Journeyman
Um, what does Dixie have over K. Rool? It's not like her personality got developed or anything. In fact, it's almost like she's a clone of Diddy, except with long hair. And what would her B moves be? Smack with Hair? Grab with Hair? Seriously, there's nothing good about her except for the fact that she's a female hero. Oh, and some people like her, but almost every character has some fans.
it's funny how you say she's a clone of Diddy, :ohwell: I wonder why you don't consider facts, they're in your face. Dixie and Diddy are not alike, they look alike, but they're not the same. If you don't consider Dixie's ponytail moves, then what is wrong with you? At least that is more possibilities she could give than Luigi could ever had in Melee. :embarrass

You say there's nothing good about her, well you're just biased. What's so good about Diddy, most of his moves are based around DK 64, because that was the game that in fact gave him more detail, Dixie has had enough detail since the beginning. They didn't need to add no peanut guns to her, she has been enough original since the beginning and is only similar to Diddy by the looks, walking, and running, and that's it.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
You say there's nothing good about her, well you're just biased. What's so good about Diddy, most of his moves are based around DK 64, because that was the game that in fact gave him more detail, Dixie has had enough detail since the beginning. They didn't need to add no peanut guns to her, she has been enough original since the beginning and is only similar to Diddy by the looks, walking, and running, and that's it.
First off I see no reason why this argument is taking place in the K. Rool forums.

And Diddy is essentially, Donkey Kong's main buddy throughout the series, and is seen/mentioned through pretty much every adventure he decides to go on. Outside of DKC and DK64, the dev's really have nothing to work with for his moveset. (he's prevailed in racing/sporting games)

K. Rool is the main antagonist and villain in the plotline, which is what the DK series needs represented in Brawl. There is a need for females yes, but there is also a need for villains and Brawl is lacking in that area.

In any other matter, still this argument should be in the Dixie forums; has nothing to do with K. Rool support.

Chilindrino

Smash Cadet
King K. Rool is the King
of Kremlins

if he is not in playable in Brawl, NO ONE IS, just kidding, there are going to be 40 playable characters even if he doesnt make it

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
i'm pretty sure we'll get atleast 2 new female characters in Brawl(Dixie is not one of them).

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Guys, just another reminder tommorow go on http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=125751 and vote for K. Rool. Also Geno fans, don't waste your vote straight away, since geno is likely to be way ahead of the others in votes, whilst K. Rool will need more votes.

We now have 2 new officiial Kremling Power member RegalBuster and Diddykong08..

Also Mach Speed would you like to join Kremling power + Is it okay if i add your support icon to the list on the first post.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Guys, just another reminder tommorow go on http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=125751 and vote for K. Rool. Also Geno fans, don't waste your vote straight away, since geno is likely to be way ahead of the others in votes, whilst K. Rool will need more votes.

We now have 2 new officiial Kremling Power member RegalBuster and Diddykong08..

Also Mach Speed would you like to join Kremling power + Is it okay if i add your support icon to the list on the first post.
For right now, put up my banner, it's fine for others to use, I'll clear space in my sig for the Kremling Power banner later today, I'll tell you when I want to join.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Wow, K. Rool really has the worst match ups on the character battle...

Link, Ganondorf and Geno... Link and Geno are really famous.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Yes well remember in last vote we beat Link, and i'm sure if we get, full support K. Rool will again. Oh and sorry Luigi Player i haven't asked you a place for Kremling Power, but would you like one?

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yes well remember in last vote we beat Link, and i'm sure if we get, full support K. Rool will again. Oh and sorry Luigi Player i haven't asked you a place for Kremling Power, but would you like one?
I'm not sure. There's no space left in my signature... but I'd like to join.

EDIT: I tried to put it in my sig and there is a little bit room left, but you can't see all of it /:
Since you asked me I guess I can put it in right away, and I hope it's okay with you that you can't see it fully...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Cmon Sakurai! K. Rool immortalized in Brawl!!

gankplank Galleon stage too, please =)

Top Bottom