• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King K. Rool early moveset discussion

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Bumping for relevance.
King's Neutral-B is so satisfying, sucking up enemies or the cannonball continuously and shooting it out rools. I'm sorry but Donkey Kong may have to be retired, I just found my new main. I'm gonna learn his ups and downs and dominate with him. Ten years going and here we are. Man it feels good.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Tested on fire emblem Roy in training mode

Side tilt can combo into dash attack at zero percentage

Down throw can combo into almost any attack at any percentage it seems which is crazy

D tilt can only burry opponents but you have to be extremely close to the opponent like Roy un tippered close

Use up throw to set up uair sharkin

Up tilt can combo into dash attack at 13 percentage,not sure fo r other higher percentages becuz did not test

Last edited:

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Down throw can combo into almost any attack at any percentage it seems which is crazy
It cannot. Quick mashers make it tough to pop off a smash attack until around 100% or so. At low percents it’s best to up throw for max damage or down throw into jab, up tilt, or forward tilt.

TNW_Dazed

Smash Rookie
Premium
NNID
Togamera
It cannot. Quick mashers make it tough to pop off a smash attack until around 100% or so. At low percents it’s best to up throw for max damage or down throw into jab, up tilt, or forward tilt.
afaik down throw into smash is never a true combo even at 100%+. you can mash out of anything thats not jab or utilt

edit: until like 180 apparently

on the other hand you can try to guess their mashing and mindgame them with a well timed uair i guess?

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Correct.
Id also like to add dthrow > iDA at low %s.
And in some cases dthrow > dair.

Btw iirc, on some charcters u can do fthrow > iDA at like 0%.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
It seems like if you're going for the Side B crown, you'll have to be careful of the animation for the crown pickup. You can cancel it completely, but only if you do anything before the crown hits you. I do think you can sort of cancel out of the animation near the end of it? I'm not sure, but I do know that you can perform any actions before the crown hits you to skip the pickup

Also at high percents you can combo down air into up air.

Last edited:
Top Bottom