• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Eaode said:
What if that is the KO boundary?
Well Kirby's Up + B recovery seems to send him straight down even if it means plummeting to his doom in the KO boundary.....

Judge Spear

Smash Cadet
LtFoeHammer said:
B - Suck (Just like Kirby's, minus the power stealing) = 2 damage. B again - Shoot. Aims in 360 degrees with control stick. Immobile while "armed". Hitting ground or wall causes 15 damage. Hitting another character causes 15 damage to both (medium to suck, fast to shoot)
Sweet idea. Does this ability cause knockback to both characters, or just to the one being hit? Dedede would be king of double kills if his "spit" ability causes knockback to both characters if they are within KO range.

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
I'm really hoping Dedede will make it. He has the potential to be an awesome character. The movelists everyone is posting seem pretty spot-on with his character from the games. SSB need another heavyweight and Dedede is definitely a recognizable character.

Stryks

Smash Hero
He could be a good character, tough they should change kirbys side b attack since being the same hammer and all. tough i hope they dont put the voice of the cartoon seires (heard it once, then never wanted 2 c the show again)

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Am I the ONLY single human being on earth who LIKES Dedede's western hick voice from the cartoon? It actually adds personallity to him. Yes, stereotypical cowboy is has a lot more personality than, "I just bully Kirby around with my big hammer" in the games.

And for the record, no I do not like everyone's voice on the 4Kids dub. Rick's aussie voice is an annoyance, Kine sounds like crap, Tiff sounds like nails on a chalkboard, (even though her actress does a much better job as Nami on One Piece, regardless of how bad that dub is) and there's a couple of other voices I probably hate if I can think of them.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Bowser85 said:
Am I the ONLY single human being on earth who LIKES Dedede's western hick voice from the cartoon? It actually adds personallity to him. Yes, stereotypical cowboy is has a lot more personality than, "I just bully Kirby around with my big hammer" in the games.
That's what I liked about King DeDeDe. That's what made me like him better than Kirby too(Don't get me wrong I like Kirby but I like DeDeDe better) He was tougher then him and wasn't such a softy.

I've never watched the show though, so I can't say anything about his voice acting.

LtFoeHammer

Smash Apprentice
It's bad. Most of the voices on the 4kids version suck, and that snail is a sin against nature. Dedede was cool to me because he was a GAINT PENGUIN WITH A HAMMER, not because of his personality. And he wasn't a bully, he was trying to protect Dreamland from Nightmare.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
My Moveset - Half Kirby Clone
He should be pretty heavy but have kirby's jump and much slower attacks.
--------------------------------
B - Suck, he sucks in, does not copy the power but deals more damage and shoots farther
B> - Hammer Hit, same as kirby but slower and harder
B^ - Hammer Jump, same as Kirby only with hammer.
Bv - Anger, he charges himself which makes his attacks hurt more and harder, he also glows red and looks angrey like his his games

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
I can see King Dedede making it into smash because of his big influence with kirby, and is know well by Krby fans (I'd hope). He is not lika character where he could really be considered a clone, when you know he is so much different than kirby. Like LtFoeHammer said, he is like a Giant Penguin with a hammer!

The only problem I see, is that the ice climbers carry hammers as well. This could cause him to be like a clone of them. I hope not, but it is possible.

-SMB

Sapphire_flame

Smash Rookie
I'd think of him as a Kirby clone, except slower. His final cutter would be final hammer, he'd have a bowser bomb-like attack for stone, he'd bellyflop rather than fireball charge, and he can't copy powers, but otherwise, that'd be perfect for him. In Kirby's adventure/Nightmare in dream land, after all, he was very kirby-ish.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Lesse, he could suck-up like Kirby, hammer like the ICs, ground pound and shoot out stars like Yoshi...he'd be like a Melee-Medly!

T_T

Smash Cadet
I think Deedeedee would be awsome
Here is my moveset:
King Deedeedee

Stats:
Description: Is a heavy weight character (lighter then donkykong) and has a short slow ground jump and is a bit faster then DK.
He has pretty low grip(fairly long wavedash)

Recovery: 9/10-His ground hop may be slow but he has the ability to float(each short puff is shorter then Kirby's)

Strength: 8.3/10 He has a balanced set of moves but lacks the amount of speed to string them together easily.
Moveset:
legend
*-smash
^-upward attack
<- ->-side attack
\/-downward attack
&-Grab
x-multiple times

A-a quick jab
Ax-a flurry of punches
A<- ->-a short ranged vertical slash with the hammer
A^-spins hammer over head(xhits)
A\/-a low forward hitting swipe with the hammer

B-Sucks air in, or character. He can chew the character or spit them out like a star but in ANY direction. If \/ is pressed while sucking he will hold air and can spit it out as an air puff at any time for an attack.
B<- ->-exactly like Kirby's, but faster and chargable.
B\/-Body slam, shakes stage and can knock near by character's balance off.
B^- hammer slam. Jumps up in either a fairly long mainly horizontal jump or a vertical jump. The vertical jump is a vertical jump fallowed by a powerfull hammer slam that has the same effect as the body slam and it creates stars around him that briefly protect from attacks in those directions. The horizontal jump is a shorter horizontal jump that has less lag and is more of a slide, with a low arch knock back.

*A<- ->-vertical hit that share the animation as Kirby's HRbat swing
*A^powerful upward hammer swing
*A\/-spins hammer low around his legs.

&<- ->throws character by smacking them with his hammer and quickly fallows with a flurry of stars that shoot from his hammer
&^smacks them up and shoots stars at them
&\/-throws them below him and jabs his hammer into them

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I like your moveset, but don't forget King DeDeDe can jump really high.

seshun

Smash Apprentice
Okay, ive been thinking of some characters and i thought King DeDeDe would be a good choice. Ive been thinking of some attacks but i'm going to throw some out from the top of my head.

A: a small swing of the hammer vertical 7% damage barley any lag

Run A: slides on his stomach being a penguin and has his hammer facing outward. Same affect as samus' run a. 8% damage little lag

A up: Swing of the hammer similar to marths up tilt but more foward range witch knocks them up 7% barley any lag (good for combo starter)

A tilt foward: (in 3 different directions)
Low: a low swipe with his hammer horizontal 5% barley any lag pops them up depending on their current percent
Medium: mid-ranged horizontal swing with same affects as Ganon's ftilt 7% barley any lag
High: a higher swing with the same affects as Ganon's Diagnol tilt 7% barley any lag

A down: swing with the hammer similar to yoshi's down tilt 5% more knock back than yoshi's. Barley any lag

A smash foward: A heavy vertical hammer slam meaning it acts as a spike but your on the ground and not in the air. this means if you hit them when they are standing on the ground they will be knocked into the air. This is god-like. With God-like abilities there is some lag though. Lag is a little less than Ganon's foward smash. 18%

A smash up: We dont want everything to be with a hammer. This will be with a head butt with the similar affects and look to bowser's up smash. The only differences is it's with a head butt. 15% with a little lag

A down smash: a 360 degree spinnig swing with his hammer low to the ground. This would be similar to mario's down smash in affects. 15% with little lag.

Uair: He lifts his hammer perfectly vertically while looking upwards. It obviously knocks them up. barley any lag 8%

Fair: Basically the foward smash but in the air. Same damage and lag like mario's spike.

Bair: Hehe i was thinkin of him just hittin with his rear end. We'll just call this *** attack Barely any lag 7%.

Dair: Since he already has a spike we'll just make this like fox's Dair. What he does is he spins his hammer downward. Multiple damage up to 15% damage. If it hits correctly at ground level it gives a little knock back and an extra 5% damage.

B: He throws an infinite number of Waddle Dees upon hitting b constantly. The trows are similar to (G and W) and his bacon or sauages of death. 3% damage and falcos stuuning affect like his layzer. I change the throws to foward straight throws. G and W throws would be cheap. small lag when finished throwing.

B up: Holds up a waddle dee with a parasol giving him a little lift and floating affects. The floating goes in either direction straight foward for about 5 seconds. There is initial damage fro the parasol being 10% with barley any lag.

B down: He will take out a shotzo( enemy in Kirby games) and blast a small canon ball giving great knockback at high% with a little fire engulfing the enemy also. At random times the canon ball will be a bomb similar to luigi's missfire. 18% normal and 25% on missfire. some lag initially and conclusively.

B foward: He gets on a wheelie(enemy of Kirby) and you can charge it. The attack is similar to jigglypuff's rolling attack in affects. 10%-20% damage. a little lag if not charged.

grab up: similar to links up grab but with a hammer. 7%

grab down: slams them down with his hand. Kinda like roy's foward grab. 7%

grab foward: grabs then wacks them with the hammer foward. 7%

grab back: tosses them backward barley any distance then swings the hammer at them. 7%

Taunt: He looks foward with an evil smirk and points his hammer toward the sky

His weight and speed is basically like Ganon's. The only difference is that his speed of his attacks is greater. Wave dash is like Ganon's. Basically all of his techs are like Ganon's.

what do you think?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dedede is practically in, being sakurais own creation, one of the top 3 most requested characters, and since we lack kirby characters, hes the best candidate... I say welcome Dedede to brawl...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Dedede is practically in, being sakurais own creation, one of the top 3 most requested characters, and since we lack kirby characters, hes the best candidate... I say welcome Dedede to brawl...
Wow, something we both agree on. I'm shocked!

...And no, I didn't just post this just to add to my post count.:ohwell:

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Really? wow U shure fooled me!
The reason why I post a lot it...

Well, I want to be a part of the conversasion. And I want to express my opinions on each and every subject. But it's more of the first part then the second.

I admit, adding to my post could is PART of the reason why I post a lot; it was similar to when I first joined the Nsider Forum.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hell I wouldnt flame yeah if u would post like opinion and ideas, and not just "This guy is cool, heI wanna c him in smash" in every post u do every minute, give ur reasons, debate, think why he should be in brawl, and u will earns others respect... XD

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Hell I wouldnt flame yeah if u would post like opinion and ideas, and not just "This guy is cool, heI wanna c him in smash" in every post u do every minute, give ur reasons, debate, think why he should be in brawl, and u will earns others respect... XD
Okay...

I just want to feel more involved...

I'll try to say more things more often.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
1.King Dededed is in Brawl. We all know it, doubt it and you'll be wrong.
2.Sakurai made him and he is probably one of his favorite characters he's made.
3.With 2. said, He is the best person to construct King Dedede.
4.Sakurai is making SSBB, and most likely Sakurai will make King Dedede himself.
5.Sakurai made him, and knows what moves to do with him. It's as easy as that.

All reasons above I posted are not just why King Dedede is in Brawl, but why isn't going to be a clone. He can be a reason just because of that. With that said, I don't know if there will be more than 3 Kirby characters. Most likley not, but then again you never know!

weasleman333

Smash Apprentice
I don't know much about kirby games. when i heard that people wanted king dedede in brawl i thought you guys were nuts. but after reading this, I have come to realize that king dedede would be a great addition to brawl.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Ah, King Dedede is likely in and we just dont know it yet. And no, he wouldnt be a clone. Think about this. Sakurai has been noted to say that he loves Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede as a trio, and that in Melee he didnt include the latter two because he didnt want to take the spots of others' characters (Sakurai is humble like this).

This is probably Sakurai's last Smash game, so apparently he doesnt care as much about keeping his creations away. With the advent of Meta Knight, and Dedede as one of the top requests, Sakurai wont hold back this time, trust. And as for being a clone, do you really think Sakurai is rushing this game and above all, would he really not do his own character justice in creating a moveset?

Sakurai is likely so happy from seeing Dedede on the top of the polls that he immediately began making plans for one of his treasured creations way back in June...

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I find it a bit odd that the King Dedede thread has only five pages. Is there really so little to say about him?

I've personally wanted Dedede since Kirby and the Crystal Shards, and he's almost guaranteed to be in there. I can argue that he's more important to the franchise than Meta Knight, so, since the swordsman is in, so is Dedede. But I don't think anyone really needs any convincing.

I still haven't made up my mind as to whether Dedede will be heavy or middleweight (he seems to be full of hot air) or whether he'll have multiple jumps, or just have the extra jumps as his Up B. Doesn't really matter, though: I trust Sakurai to make him into an excellent character.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I find it a bit odd that the King Dedede thread has only five pages. Is there really so little to say about him?
Yeah, I mean, he's practually the most likely character to be in Brawl, next to Sonic! Geez, why can't anyone understand his awesomeness!?

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
How about we move the moveset talkin' to the other DeDeDe thread and close this one, 'ey wot? No need to copy anything in here - as you guys forgot about DeDeDe's boxing career, there's so much potential your movesets have overlooked. (Up B being a waddle-dee? XDXDXDXD)

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Wow, I think King Dedede would be sweet to have in Brawl! I dont know think he would be a clone besides the fact that Sakurai said no clones in Brawl, King Dedede doesn't look like anyone else in the Nintendo world. If Kind Dedede would be able to suck someone up in Brawl then think about it... Kirby=Kirbycide.... then King Dedede? uh-oh... I see a suicide rivalry happening! XD COOWOL!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Wow...no love for Dedede in a LONG time. I'm not sure why people doubt he'll be in. I know he was supposed to be in the original. Sakurai's humility has kept him out, but I doubt that will be a problem this time around. Sakurai likes Dedede (obviously); so he'll put him in.

Specifically, I think he'll be a mod of Kirby. I know lots of stuff will involve hammers and whatnot. I know he can suck people in, too (without copying). He'll be similar in a lot of ways to Kirby because he really is. I suppose Sakurai could just make him an AT, but I don't see that happening to his own character.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Dedede... good suggestion. Never liked him as a character and I used to watch some of the animated series.. So I guess he pissed me off a bit. Could use him as a CPU opponent.. That hammer could do some destruction though...

I think of his up+B like Link's but spinning with his hammer.. and something like flipping in mid air with his hammer extended.. Those are the only moves I can really see him doing off the top of my head haha.

GeneralGore

Smash Rookie
I think Dedede has potential. His hammer gives him a lot of moves and since Kirby is already in the game it seems likely.

Top Bottom