• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede

Shuma

Smash Hero
This Thread is only 6 pages long because everybody knows he wll be in.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Did anyone actually take time to imagine their character in place of the snail?

Please do, it would mean so much to me. Ridley, Krystal, Waluigi beaten to death by Dedede. If not for me then the children. Use you Imagination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ-L_cYzLHc

And Dedede might as well be confirmed
ALL YOUR JAPANESE POLLS ARE BELONG TO DEDEDE!

Kakashi-dono

Smash Cadet
King DeeDeeDee

No one has suggested King Dedede yet....

He's already on the rumoured list for a new character....

I certainly think he has potential....with that hammer....

what do you guys think?
I think da King has got a fair shot! I would luv to hav him the game. I say Brawl should hav the most characters out of all the SSB's. ya dig? the name is Kakashi-dono.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I am actually surprised this thread is so small. Is it because everyone seems practically certain that he's guaranteed a spot that they don't feel the need to show their support? I suppose there is less controversy surrounding DeDeDe than there is Ridley, Krystal and even Diddy.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I am actually surprised this thread is so small. Is it because everyone seems practically certain that he's guaranteed a spot that they don't feel the need to show their support? I suppose there is less controversy surrounding DeDeDe than there is Ridley, Krystal and even Diddy.
Probably yeah. I mean, the only thing you can actually discuss with Dedede is what moves you think he's gonna have, because we have it pretty much confirmed he's in. And most people are wayyy too lazy to think of entire movesets :laugh:.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah... I think everyone knows he'll be in. It's kind of difficult to make a moveset for him, since largely he is a big kirby with a hammer. However, Dedede is Sakurai's baby-- I think Brawl is his chance to equip him with all the abilities he has always imagined but never could fit into the Kirby series.

B moveset time!
B^, Dream Minion: Summons a random Kirby generic enemy which appears in DDD's hands. Can be thrown, and of course hurts enemies if they're hit. The enemies will act like they normally do in the Kirby games after they land on the ground.
B , Inhale: Works like it did in the Kirby games for Kirby, in the sense that he will inhale everything in the area, not just one thing. This includes items, enemies, and the minions that he summons with B^! Then, he can spit them out in 360 degrees like a previous poster suggested, except that with the more things that you inhale, the larger the star that gets exhaled is, and the more damage. Items and minions disappear after exhalation, while enemies will turn back to normal as they do with Kirby's suck move.

B>, Royal Glide: On Ground: He jumps forward belly downward and starts to slide around on the stage. When going down a slope, he gains speed remarkably (and unrealistically) fast, and slopes upward he slows down similarly. The faster he is going, the more damage he'd do. Could actually KO with higher percentages and fast enough sliding action.
In Air: This would be a horizontal recovery move. He goes belly downward and starts flapping his arm crazily and comically. This allows him to glide across the air gracefully.
Pressing B lets him cancel this move fairly smoothly, making his air maneuverability quite good. None of his moves put him into freefall like an up b normally would.

Bv, Freeplay Stance: He stands facing the screen and grips the hammer in both of his hands. Then, you can control the hammer directly correlating to the control stick! If you swing the control stick around quickly, he'll swing it around quickly in the same direction. Using this, you can control what direction enemies get knocked exactly as you want, and the faster you go the more damage. If you trap an enemy into a corner you can just twiddle around the stick facing the enemy for lots of small taps that are hard to escape from.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Come on. His B move would obviously be the cannon he fires at Kirby during the Kirby Superstar mini-game. Charge it up to fire 3 sub-sequent shots that explode on impact with terrain (they do not explode on characters, but do damage them like a slug).

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I support him, but mostly because I know he's going to be in. :p But I really wonder what his moveset will be. I really hope he doesn't just become Marth with a hammer instead. Marth was so boring.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
not letting this thread slip back down again. we need more support for Dedede
The funny thing is, a select few can decide what threads are discussed and not. Most people don't bother checking the other pages (obviously), and if it's not on page 1, maybe page 2, they won't post on it. If you want something to be discussed...you find it and bring it to the front page. That's why Dedede, Stafy, and Olimar threads all got on the front page again for a while...I brought them back. :D

Brawlman

Smash Ace
THIS is why Dedede needs to be in Brawl. (I did NOT make this!)

On a sensable note: If Dedede DOES get in Brawl, his Boss music needs to be in a Kirby stage.
Best. Kirby music. Ever.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
Hell yeah, see my reasons in the top 10 wanted thread. He's bound to, I can't see him not appearing.

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
Dedede is definitely going to be in Brawl. Here's a question: what if Dedede wasn't in Brawl? What would be the community's reaction?

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
I'd think Sakurai's crazy, and that with him being Kirby's creator, he's wrong in the head.
Dedede HAS to appear, i'd love to play as him.

Brawlman

Smash Ace
Just look on vgmusic.com under Kirby's Dreamland for Game Boy. A few pieces of Dedede music is there. (The site doesn't let you link the music.)

And thanks for the compliment on the Pic. I found it on a sprite comic website I like.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Dedede is definitely going to be in Brawl. Here's a question: what if Dedede wasn't in Brawl? What would be the community's reaction?
Take the unexpecatedness of the Assist Trophies appearing, add to it the incredibility that GigaBowser is, indeed, a PC in Brawl and the confusion of the significance of the Animal Crossing stage/icon, throw in the shock of Goroh and Deoxys as NPCs and the fact that you access Zamus via Samus's FS...and you'll barely have scratched the surface of the shock that Dedede wasn't in the game.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
Take the unexpecatedness of the Assist Trophies appearing, add to it the incredibility that GigaBowser is, indeed, a PC in Brawl and the confusion of the significance of the Animal Crossing stage/icon, throw in the shock of Goroh and Deoxys as NPCs and the fact that you access Zamus via Samus's FS...and you'll barely have scratched the surface of the shock that Dedede wasn't in the game.
I guess you have a point there...
v_v

I was VERY shocked to hear Goroh wouldn't be playable.

Brawlman

Smash Ace
With a giant furry red coat and a silly hat, he's got to appear lol
Ah yes, the coat and hat. Although he's a Penguin, he wears winter clothing. He has good reason too. In the warm climate his castle is in. (Assumption.)

And we musn't forget the fact that he's more of an anti-hero than a villan. He helped Kirby get rid of Nightmare in Nightmare in Dreamland. And he actually helped Kirby in Kirby 64...The few games where Dedede is playable.

And I updated my last post with Dedede music.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
well at first, i'd be like "WTF, he didn't make it in again?!" and then scream at sakurai for being modest and not including one of his best characters. then move on to playing as ridley.

anyway dedede for brawl. if not, we still got metaknight

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
well at first, i'd be like "WTF, he didn't make it in again?!" and then scream at sakurai for being modest and not including one of his best characters. then move on to playing as ridley.

anyway dedede for brawl. if not, we still got metaknight
and what if Ridley isn't in?

I really want Dedede in. He could have a great moveset, and he's also awesome.

However it's possible that the fact that Metaknight is going to be in the game means that Dedede won't be in. I hope not, though.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Dedede will be in. That's why this thread is only 8 pages long, everyone knows he is in.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Dedede moveset- (Most of its moves will be based on the Ice Climbers)
Punch- Hammer Swing
Smash Punch (Left/Right)- Belly Flop
Running Punch- Hammer Spin
Ducking Punch- Beak Peck
Smash Duck (No Pun intended)-Hammer Sweep

Air-
All moves simular to Ice Climbers.

Special-
Reg- Absorbsion- Like Kirby's but does more damage and Dedede's hat changes like Kirby does but his look stays the same.

Special Left/Right- Hammerang- Like Link's Boomerang but does more damage.

Special Up- Grappling Kook( Really, now that's unusual) Grapples to nearest person/edge.

Special Down- Ground Pound- Like Bowser's (Same damage)

Final Smash- Cook Dedede- Like Kirby's

Speed- Fairly slow

Jump- Like Kirby's if you didn't know, Dedede flies like Kirby, if you played the game, you'll know, that, or you need to look at the Backround in the Dreamland Stage, you see Dedede flying in hte backround.

There, that should do it.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah... I think everyone knows he'll be in. It's kind of difficult to make a moveset for him, since largely he is a big kirby with a hammer. However, Dedede is Sakurai's baby-- I think Brawl is his chance to equip him with all the abilities he has always imagined but never could fit into the Kirby series.

B moveset time!
B^, Dream Minion: Summons a random Kirby generic enemy which appears in DDD's hands. Can be thrown, and of course hurts enemies if they're hit. The enemies will act like they normally do in the Kirby games after they land on the ground.

B , Inhale: Works like it did in the Kirby games for Kirby, in the sense that he will inhale everything in the area, not just one thing. This includes items, enemies, and the minions that he summons with B^! Then, he can spit them out in 360 degrees like a previous poster suggested, except that with the more things that you inhale, the larger the star that gets exhaled is, and the more damage. Items and minions disappear after exhalation, while enemies will turn back to normal as they do with Kirby's suck move.

B>, Royal Glide: On Ground: He jumps forward belly downward and starts to slide around on the stage. When going down a slope, he gains speed remarkably (and unrealistically) fast, and slopes upward he slows down similarly. The faster he is going, the more damage he'd do. Could actually KO with higher percentages and fast enough sliding action.
In Air: This would be a horizontal recovery move. He goes belly downward and starts flapping his arm crazily and comically. This allows him to glide across the air gracefully.
Pressing B lets him cancel this move fairly smoothly, making his air maneuverability quite good. None of his moves put him into freefall like an up b normally would.

Bv, Freeplay Stance: He stands facing the screen and grips the hammer in both of his hands. Then, you can control the hammer directly correlating to the control stick! If you swing the control stick around quickly, he'll swing it around quickly in the same direction. Using this, you can control what direction enemies get knocked exactly as you want, and the faster you go the more damage. If you trap an enemy into a corner you can just twiddle around the stick facing the enemy for lots of small taps that are hard to escape from.
Hum, really now, no comments at all about my B moves?

Really, there isn't anything cooler than a penguin with a hammer than can suck you up.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Hum, really now, no comments at all about my B moves?

Really, there isn't anything cooler than a penguin with a hammer than can suck you up.
Comments about your B moves: I came to the similar conclusion that D3 would need a lackey summon, but I postulated it as an over B, where he casts his arm (flipper?) forward and a Waddle Dee appears and runs forward blindly, flailing its arms. Kind of like the Marill Pokeball. Your idea is better, but only if they move quickly in one direction and disappear after a time (in case trapped.) That avoids screen clutter.

Was the over B inspired by either the penguin from Mario 64 or the penguin enemies in the Ice Palace in ALttP? It fits well. Don't like the B Down so much, though it certainly is original. I'll try to think of something from the games that fits there. Yeah, he does the traditional hip drop, but so do Bowser and Yoshi. How about his rage attack from KD2? Repeated presses of B down cause steam to start spouting from his head. Takes a while to charge, but once you've finished charging it, he turns red, his speed increases greatly, and his hammer attacks are stronger. No B moves can be used until he cools down.

Top Bottom