• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Dedede versus Mario.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Haha. I guess you mean a stand in place CG. Can you post a vid on that? I'd be curious. I seen it done to Luigi slightly. If so, yeah, Mario's screwed. But if you mean a Dthrow CG, then it aint no 85/15 ratio.

Matt07

Smash Master
King Dedede can do the same thing, a standing infinite to Mario. I have seen a video before but, I forget where, it's on Youtube

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Things arent looking so bright for Mr. Nintendo. I've never been in a standing infinite as Mario though.

Matt07

Smash Master
Same here, but I only played on WiFi, so that would explain the timing is probably near impossible online.

Piginabag

Smash Rookie
Go play a good mario.
He has some annoying fireball **** going on, and can cover a lot of space and set up combos.
His aerials are pretty fast. Bair and Nair> all of Dedede's (besides Bair).
He's a really small target.
His edgegaurd is PERFECT for Dedede's Up b, the water and the cape both work.

I'd say 65-35, Dedede's favor.

JST

Smash Apprentice
DDD's infinite doesn't work until like 50-100, depending on how good Mario is getting out of grabs. Still though, DDD still has a sort of 'extended chaingrab' on Mario - a guaranteed 5 standing downthrows followed by a regular chaingrab still deals an alarming amount of damage.

Also, piginabag has some good points about Mario. Mario can really do a number on D3 if he gets a hit in. Mario also edgeguards D3 perfectly. Although one thing he didn't mention is that D3's range+redonkolous shield-grab can shut out Mario pretty good. On top of that, D3 is really heavy, and Mario will have to save that fsmash/dsmash. D3 will be killing Mario much earlier than mario will be killing D3.

7:3 or maybe 75:25 D3 sounds good to me.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Go play a good mario.
He has some annoying fireball **** going on, and can cover a lot of space and set up combos.
His aerials are pretty fast. Bair and Nair> all of Dedede's (besides Bair).
He's a really small target.
His edgegaurd is PERFECT for Dedede's Up b, the water and the cape both work.

I'd say 65-35, Dedede's favor.
Yes I am that good Mario from Neoseeker :] (Btw this is checkmate from neoseeker lol) (sorry for bumping 2 day thread =D

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
i'd have to 60-40 in Dedede's favor. if dedede can wall of pain mario off the edge he is pretty much dead but mario has some quick attacks and air combos.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
My question is what if the infinite is banned? I honestly don't think it's worse than 7/3 from there.

I'll point out Mario isn't exactly easy to edgeguard since he does get pretty good distance from his double jump, and his Up-B is hard to intercept due to speed, priority, and invul frames on startup (which do make it very good out of shield too btw).

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
If the Infinite was banned (which it won't be, from my analysis), it'd be no worse than 60/40 DDD. Could be less if we Marios perfect this match-up.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It doesn't really change the match-up anyways. The entire point is to not get grabbed in the first place. Chaingrab/Infinite or not, DDD has the best grabs in the game. The infinite really only emphasizes the fact to not get grabbed.

Besides, if you think a Mario is going to walk up and say "Hey grab me!", you're severely mistaken.

I'll say again that this is a 70:30.

Buuman

Smash Ace
I'm not rating this matchup cause its just stupid...without a grab this would be in marios favor. A key thing you mario players have to stress is get D3 in the air, especially at low percents, begin the comboing in the beginning cause at the higher percents it will become a camp and "wait to see who screws up first*.

Mario has the insane combo ability. ABUSE it, especially against the larger characters

Top Bottom