• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

king DDD new infinite!(not discovered by me)

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
You cant. The initial stun animation is the same every time. They slide the same distance even at high percentages. My brother tried DIing away but I could still grab him.

I'll be testing it more to make sure its absolutely inescapable but so far it seems to be a legitimate infinite grab.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Doesn't look like an infinite yet...atleast not the way it's being done in that video. Keep testing it, if possible show it's use in a real match(shouldn't be hard since supposedly theres no way of DI'ing it)

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
DI doesnt have any effect during De's downthrow.

So let me get this straight. Against those few characters, you downthrow, INCH forward and grab again? its that simple?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
You don't even have to move. I've got the timing down on this and it's a true infinite against characters who's animation from getting thrown down by Dedede sends them at an upwards angle, thus making it take longer for them to escape from Dedede's reach.

In other words the only way for these characters to escape it is by pausing the game to interrupt their opponents timing. Which of course is illegal.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
If you try to grab with Z or L/R + A then D3's infinite grab is very frame specific (1-2 frame window). Tight as hell and takes a while to master! I have discovered how to increase that window to something more reasonable, I'm guessing 4-6 frames. It's big enough to go from very inconsistent infinites to NEVER mess up infinites in a matter of minutes.

How to do: Set C-stick (its the only other 'button' i could find that works, replacing jump buttons or taunt buttons doesnt work) to GRAB. Thats right C-STICK = GRAB. Then use the C-stick to continually grab them after each dthrow.

Why it works? When you hold down any button that would grab, after the grab it will resort into a SHIELD. This really doesn't mean much except that when you try to grab during the infinite timing too early you will accidentally SHIELD instead. By setting grab to the c-stick a shield can never appear, therefore it grants extra frames to grab the opponent.

Enjoy!

j00t

Smash Champion
This is an infinite, guys. You can't di it and the throw has constant knockback.

And holy cow it's KillaOR. Sign my controller pl0x :p

EDIT: This chaingrab DOES work on Bowser, you just have you move forward a little bit before your regrab, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread. I've lost all faith in this game's developers. :p

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't look like an infinite yet...atleast not the way it's being done in that video. Keep testing it, if possible show it's use in a real match(shouldn't be hard since supposedly theres no way of DI'ing it)
Do you have brawl. Test it yourself. Like I said I've tested it in game with my brother. There's no way to DI out of it. The way the character gets pushed back from the throw makes it impossible to escape. They go the same distance no matter what you do. DDD can grab them before that "animation is over. Also you dont have to inch forward. I just tap z twice right after ddd hits the ground.

Edit: In edition to testing it with my bro I tested it on a level 9 cpu. I tested it on cpu because sometimes they can do things we cant(cheat). He couldnt get out. I got him up to 500% before i screwed up. I'll try and put up more vids when I get off work. I'll do a match with my brother.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Meh, that sucks for Luigi ;_; Seriously, Dedede would be the ultimate counter character against those where it works. I'm sure those Dedede mains will train this grab so they'll get the feeling when they have to grab again and such and will do it almost perfect and you can never escape it.

Of course it's cool to have good combo infinites, but it should be hard to pull off... that's really cheap, I hope there will be a way to escape this... and if not... oh god, this just sucks so much... it means you can never fight against a Dedede with those characters...

Top Bottom