• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King Boo for Smash Switch! Does he stand a ghost of a chance?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
There's kind of no point in me posting in other threads now. Although there are a ton of characters I still want, I'm very confident that the last one is King Boo.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
There's kind of no point in me posting in other threads now. Although there are a ton of characters I still want, I'm very confident that the last one is King Boo.
ya man now that the lloyd mii costume is out of the way we finally got the mii for dlc 11 which is the red shell mii hat im very confident

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ok time to be that guy again: they could have added the a red shell hat whenever they wanted

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
lmao I feel you 100%, speculation is basically over for me

red shell hat is definitely for king boo or waluigi tho
(my money is on the former)

beyond that, you guys hyped for kazuya ? Only a few more days

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Could be Captain Toad too. TBH I wouldn't mind that, I think he has potential for a really cool moveset.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yeah, the only way I see him getting in would be a late promotion for Treasure Tracker like with ARMS. But I'm pretty certain that would only apply to new games, not Switch ports.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
ngl I’m definitely been sleeping on captain toad, that’s a very real possibility

regular toad, toadette, and toadsworth too

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
ngl I’m definitely been sleeping on captain toad, that’s a very real possibility

regular toad, toadette, and toadsworth too
Toadette and Toadsworth for sure, but i dunno if they'd do regular Toad since he's already a part of two other characters' attacks.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I could see Boo being our final fighter- and I wouldn't be mad. I would prefer Paper Mario or Captain Toad, but I'd be pretty happy with King Boo. Love him.

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
I could see Boo being our final fighter- and I wouldn't be mad. I would prefer Paper Mario or Captain Toad, but I'd be pretty happy with King Boo. Love him.
I just wonder how people are gonna react to king boo because most smash fans are geno and waluigi fans not gonna be pretty

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
the geno arc in smash speculation was weirddd it was like a 20 year saga lmao

like how did he even catch on In the first place

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I just wonder how people are gonna react to king boo because most smash fans are geno and waluigi fans not gonna be pretty
I really don't think most Smash fans are Geno fans. I think a small portion of fans that already play smash are very hardcore into Geno, and everyone else has never heard of him.
the geno arc in smash speculation was weirddd it was like a 20 year saga lmao

like how did he even catch on In the first place
Someone threw a match into a dry forest.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
sakuari mentioned geno in brawl
Yeah, but there have been a lot of characters mentioned for past games. I don't hear a lot of clamor for Sukapon, a Melee-potential (who would have more likely made it in today by current standards, with more flexibility towards fighting game genre).

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
or not putting it in at all

arms wasnt promotional
Why else would it be in Smash then? The only reason I can think of is they wanted to sell more copies of a first-party Switch game, hence the phrase "shill pick first party". Yes the game was three years old when Min-Min was released, but the same goes for Pyra and Mythra.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Why else would it be in Smash then? The only reason I can think of is they wanted to sell more copies of a first-party Switch game, hence the phrase "shill pick first party". Yes the game was three years old when Min-Min was released, but the same goes for Pyra and Mythra.
but that premise is based purely on the idea that arms sold badly which it didnt. it sold really well and hand plenty of fans thats why min mins in smash

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
but that premise is based purely on the idea that arms sold badly which it didnt. it sold really well and hand plenty of fans thats why min mins in smash
I never based it on said premise. All I said is that they wanted to sell more copies of ARMS. It was a new IP and they wanted to promote it.
For example, Byleth. It is also a shill pick first party despite Three Houses being the best selling game in the series.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I never based it on said premise. All I said is that they wanted to sell more copies of ARMS. It was a new IP and they wanted to promote it.
For example, Byleth. It is also a shill pick first party despite Three Houses being the best selling game in the series.
no byleth is cause of sakurais love of fire emblem, arms didn’t need promotion

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Not sure where this red shell hat speculation is coming from. Who would actually pay money for that? I'm assuming it's just not coming back. Still very confident in King Boo because of the missing spirits though.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Not sure where this red shell hat speculation is coming from. Who would actually pay money for that? I'm assuming it's just not coming back. Still very confident in King Boo because of the missing spirits though.
see that one I can at least understand the logic of cause an LM3 spirit event would have been around the time they were planning FP2

red shell there’s no reason why they couldn’t have just ported it over with the other first party Mii Costumes from the last game

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So... then any contemporary character is inherently a shill pick? Hell, any character is a shill pick, because it promotes a game.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
So... then any contemporary character is inherently a shill pick? Hell, any character is a shill pick, because it promotes a game.
Yeah, the general mindset these days is that literally any character that appeared in the last decade is a shill pick. I guess that makes basically the entire roster of smash 4 newcomers shill picks.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
bro they literally said we’re getting an arms character as dlc so people would talk about the games for months. They didn’t do that for literally any other series

they also released a free arms demo right around the same time lmao it was a blatant advertisement (not that there’s anything wrong with that)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
bro they literally said we’re getting an arms character as dlc so people would talk about the games for months. They didn’t do that for literally any other series

they also released a free arms demo right around the same time lmao it was a blatant advertisement (not that there’s anything wrong with that)
or they had planned the direct with the intent to reveal the knew character but once they learned sakurai wasn’t ready to reveal her yet they had nothing else to use.

the demo could also easily be a coincidence

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
or they had planned the direct with the intent to reveal the knew character but once they learned sakurai wasn’t ready to reveal her yet they had nothing else to use.

the demo could also easily be a coincidence
Or, ya know... a global crisis delayed plans, and they didn't want to leave it too long between passes without information.
Also not gonna lie, that it was clearly going to be Min Min (a sentiment I've helded and argued since 2017), unless it was going to be multiple.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

If I were the developer of a new fighting game and it just got a character in smash I would release a free demo to capitalize on the hype too. It would be dumb not to. That doesn't imply in any way that they put Min Min in smash to sell copies of ARMS, it's just smart business. And I always assumed the half reveal was due to Covid. Joker was also announced 5 months ahead of time with no gameplay and Terry only got half a trailer before his presentation. Byleth's trailer was clearly designed for a direct that never happened. They reveal characters differently depending on how much they have done at the time.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Or, ya know... a global crisis delayed plans, and they didn't want to leave it too long between passes without information.
Also not gonna lie, that it was clearly going to be Min Min (a sentiment I've helded and argued since 2017), unless it was going to be multiple.
well sakurai asked the director who and he said min min so it would certainly seem so

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
well sakurai asked the director who and he said min min so it would certainly seem so
I don't understand your point... but I don't need to have the debate over, "Min Min is the mascot of ARMS."

Last edited:

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
If I were the developer of a new fighting game and it just got a character in smash I would release a free demo to capitalize on the hype too. It would be dumb not to. That doesn't imply in any way that they put Min Min in smash to sell copies of ARMS, it's just smart business.
that’s literally a perfect example of an advertisement

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
that’s literally a perfect example of an advertisement
It depends on how you mean it. The ARMS developers clearly took the opportunity to advertise their game, but there is no indication that Min Min was chosen for the purpose of advertisement. Every character that gets added is free advertisement for the game they're from. Just because the ARMS developers did a free demo to capitalize on it doesn't make Min Min any more of a shill than any other character.

Lenidem

Smash Lord
It depends on how you mean it. The ARMS developers clearly took the opportunity to advertise their game, but there is no indication that Min Min was chosen for the purpose of advertisement. Every character that gets added is free advertisement for the game they're from. Just because the ARMS developers did a free demo to capitalize on it doesn't make Min Min any more of a shill than any other character.
Yeah. A Nintendo-character featured in Smash resulting in an increased interest for the Nintendo-game this character comes from must have nothing to with advertisement and is probably just a coincidence... Not that there is anything wrong with it.

Top Bottom