• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Killing with the young boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Lately I've been killing with nair quite a lot. On the edges of the stage it kills pretty well at 130%+.

Santi

Smash Lord
It's in my... thingy... I just put it in...
Also VietGeek, I saw the zair bomb usmash in one of your videos.
YAY!!!

Yea I saw that combo too Viet.
I'v been meaning to talk to you about your bomb and zair combo.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
I've recently tested the vertical KO power of TL's Usmash, Utilt, and Dsmash. Here's what I found...

Usmash has the the most KO power, but only if you land it at the peak of the swing. Otherwise if you connect with the side swing of the move, you'll get a different knock back direction and it'll lose a lot of knock back.

Utilt has a little less knock back, but maintains a more vertical knock back and it doesn't lose as much KO power when you hit with the sides instead of the peak of it when compared to Up Smash.

Dsmash has about as much knock back power (uncharged) as the Utilt, but the most horizontal reach out of the three.

All three are fairly equal in terms use for KO moves. Usmash should really be used more if you're in need of hyphen smashing. Otherwise, Utilt tend to be a better choice when you're unsure of how close you really are plus it has slight faster recovery. Dsmash tend to be under used and underestimated. Dsmash seems like it comes out the fastest (granted all his moves come out fast) and has the best horizontal reach so it may be best when you're coming out of the shield.

If you practicing looking for the right situation to use one of these moves to go for an KO and taking the diminishing KO power of moves, it may be best to look for the right situation to use these moves.

Rawrness

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious why bombs don't interact with each other now. In Melee if you threw two bombs at each other in midair, they'd hit and go in different directions. Now they pass through each other.
one time a ness baseball batted my bomb and it went back to me. But i shot an arrow and the bomb went straight back towards ness.

Santi

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvUujV79A5U

1st stock lol.....I need to make my own video thread one day...

edit: Also if no one said yet, jab cancel + uptilt works sometimes.

Good stuff Lobos.
It's really great to see so many TL's improving.
*Happy tear*

There are several out there who I already feel have surpassed my level of Toon.

And I've been considering taking over and making a good Toon Link video thread of all the TL's.
Because ours is worthless since its not even organized or updated.
And that's why we have so many video threads of just one user.

I just don't know yet.

zaf

Smash Lord
Well i didnt see this in here yet. So ill post it.

Ive seen santi taunting in some of his matches by sh with a bomb, shooting it against the ground and taunting in the smoke.

I tried something similar to get a ko just yesterday.

My friend who plays wolf was approaching me while i had a bomb out. I sh and shot the bomb at the ground. I hid in the smoke and as he came i f-smash and he wasnt able to see me do it since i was hidden. It hit him, killed him and won me the match.

discuss

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Hiding in the smake.
Thats priceless.
I can only imagine the look on the other guys face when he got hit xD

Hmm....
Actually, you can make something pretty useful out of that *goes to Wii*

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
My friend who plays wolf was approaching me while i had a bomb out. I sh and shot the bomb at the ground. I hid in the smoke and as he came i f-smash and he wasnt able to see me do it since i was hidden. It hit him, killed him and won me the match.

discuss
ROFL

Using a bomb as a Smoke grenade, pretty clever way to get that smash and pretty clever way of getting "WTF HAXX" from your friend on the receiving end.

Would love to see this in a combo vid.

Could also be usefull if you wanted a grab, enemy wouldnt see it comming, and if you missed they wouldnt see the ending lag. But yeah, in theory that sounds good but in action, it would probally fail. Anyhow, nice to hear somthing as skilled/lucky as that could be pulled off out of the blue.

zaf

Smash Lord
OK since everyone likes it, it has to be called the ZAFNADE. lmfao j/k

ok with that bad joke aside ill try and get it on video playing with some friends and show off how usefull it can be. It can be used as an anti approach because your opponent does not know what you are up to inside that purple haze

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
dam beat me to it. =/

But this could seriously be something, as sad as that sounds.
I dont think its anything along the lines of wavedashing standard, but for pure entertainment value, i recon it could have a high priority on my moveset if it proves effective.

Santi

Smash Lord
Oh and Lobos your wand movement was just beautiful.

Like a Maestro at work.

We have discussed the bomb smoke screen before you guys.
Member?
I think it was that thread about any combos we would like to share.
I dont remember.

But you were the first to mention that in this thread Zaf.
Very nice.

I would also maybe consider just dropping the bomb because it gives you more time to land on the ground and make your set up.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
What the *** do you do to finish off a Snake or Meta?

As far as I've seen, Meta players spam Dsmash like there's no tomorrow, and Snakes spam Ftilt like if it were their only move.>=(

It's hard closing in...:(

Santi

Smash Lord
yess! i was experimenting with that the other day. You can do a lot with a smoke screen around you.
I short hop, drop bomb, fast fall dodge a little behind the bomb and then run grab through the smoke.
I only did it once but it worked since the opponent was shielding for the explosion. It looked pretty cool. (ofcourse down taunt with a smoke screen around is is all kinds of legit)

And Good combos can come from grabs.

That's from the thread :)
Haha, well I'm glad to see this technique coming to light now.

On the spamming MK and Snakes.
I rush in and shield in my dash.
Try to perfect shield the hit but if you don't its still ok.
Right after the attack ends you should drop shield and there's a little window of opportunity for you to land a free attack.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
I'll try that, even if it is suicide.=]

Now, how effective is Zair use after an SHDA stuns them? It's been working very well for me, as of late.=P

Santi

Smash Lord
I'll try that, even if it is suicide.=]

Now, how effective is Zair use after an SHDA stuns them? It's been working very well for me, as of late.=P
I never tried it.
But if it works for you I might see what it does for me :)

Plus the Zair autocancels so it could possible lead to another attack

Maybe even a finisher Upsmash :D

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Zair has nice range so you can even quickdraw, run (chasing the arrow), let it hit them, Zair (It'll reach out pretty far).
And yeah you could hyphen after that.

zaf

Smash Lord
dam beat me to it. =/

But this could seriously be something, as sad as that sounds.
i dont see why smoke screening seems sad. Its perfectly safe, good for mind games and gives you more options.

Oh and Lobos your wand movement was just beautiful.

Like a Maestro at work.

We have discussed the bomb smoke screen before you guys.
Member?
I think it was that thread about any combos we would like to share.
I dont remember.

But you were the first to mention that in this thread Zaf.
Very nice.

I would also maybe consider just dropping the bomb because it gives you more time to land on the ground and make your set up.
True about the bomb dropping. Much easier. and the more time you have the better.

Never really read a thing about smoke screening. Sorry i missed your thread.

What the *** do you do to finish off a Snake or Meta?

As far as I've seen, Meta players spam Dsmash like there's no tomorrow, and Snakes spam Ftilt like if it were their only move.>=(

It's hard closing in...:(
Shield SHield and shield. Just block them and hit them on their lag frames. Or zair to usmash

I never tried it.
But if it works for you I might see what it does for me :)

Plus the Zair autocancels so it could possible lead to another attack

Maybe even a finisher Upsmash :D
yup yup, works like a charm.Plus zair gives you range. and the autocancel lets you shield.

zaf

Smash Lord
i know this isnt the proper section. dont want to make a new thread and couldnt find anything on this.

When you are recovering and grab the edge, say your opponent is above you waiting to hit you as you come back up. What are some of the toons best ways to get back on save and sound.

I know with mk i would just drop then upb.

Santi

Smash Lord
True about the bomb dropping. Much easier. and the more time you have the better.

Never really read a thing about smoke screening. Sorry i missed your thread.
Oh no its an old thread from like months ago.
The only reason I remember about that thread is because I posted in it about smoke screen.
i know this isnt the proper section. dont want to make a new thread and couldnt find anything on this.

When you are recovering and grab the edge, say your opponent is above you waiting to hit you as you come back up. What are some of the toons best ways to get back on save and sound.

I know with mk i would just drop then upb.

Check Sasuke's thread on edge game.
We're trying to develop some good stuff.
You could help.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
Toon's edge game is really good. You have to know when to time an Fair or Boomerang/Bomb[Arrow doesn't give enough "stun" time] and where to throw them.

Make sure you don't mess up and try to recover on an opponent who's ready to knock you right back off-stage though.

Santi

Smash Lord
Speaking of killing let's not forget the most epic kill of our time.
And it was against the Top Tier Queer in the game.

I'm gonna make a shirt for it
:D
cause I'm cool like that

FRONT OF SHIRT

BACK

Then have a quote on the front under 3:10

"3:10 from now on will be known as the time the Smash Gods opened the clouds to their heavens and let Toon Link **** the top tiers. "

Or I was thinking of having

Too Lucky on the back instead of Too Godly

Dojo Just said tp put Too Legit

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
Snake is broken, Yaw right.=]

I know I probably shouldn't post this but, sasuke mind brawling me?

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Snake seems to be falling in the current unofficial tier lists actually (2nd-3rd).. Metaknight is the broken one now. >_>

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I feel asleep bomb juggling last night.
And I had the most amazing dream of my life for the use of Zair.
Then I woke up and tried it, and it didn't work. =(

And uh sure Sonic fire guy.
We could play offline since you live in Cali. >_>
What part?
or just online.

@TLMarth:
Gmae????

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
Santi <3 his vid.

Eh, I can't time an SHBD, I usually let go too early and end up hurting myself.=(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom