• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Killing setup?!

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
Fair (at certain percents) > needle(can be charged also, dont matter much except extra damage) > DACUS (can get a tipper on tall chracters)

Reason for the fair is the make your opponent slide on the ground, like for say Olimar ( in training mode while he is just standing) at 75% a fast fall fair will make Olimar slide on the ground, then use your needles to limit their options of getting up from the slide then DACUS for the kill.

PS. NEO said Savior already came up with this but since I havent seem anyone come up with this recently I figured people forgot about it so I'll just restate it or something.

Disscuss

PS.2 - (lol playstation 2) anyway, this does kill Olimar on FD with no DI, and I can almost bet decay affects this big time, so start ftilting, utilt to 75% then do this

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Yah, I have this tech on video as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKtKNHTbWuE -take it to 3:49
If you are interested you can watch a few other example's of it. :)

BTW... they have about 1 frame to tech this. Since Brawls tech set up only reads 1 input every 20 frames this is almost impossible to tech and it took my and a friend like 12 try's to tech this one.

ps This AT/tech/mix up/sexy thing can be performed in other ways:

FSmash (tipper hit of last hit)> Needle's
Nair> Needle's
Bair> Needle's
(just for the heck of it) Fair> Needle's

That is in percent order.

:EDIT:
Well well leaf, here is a job for you.
List every KO set up Sheik has in this thread (since you were already kind enough to make it :) ).

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Yah, I have this tech on video as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKtKNHTbWuE -take it to 3:49
If you are interested you can watch a few other example's of it. :)

BTW... they have about 1 frame to tech this. Since Brawls tech set up only reads 1 input every 20 frames this is almost impossible to tech and it took my and a friend like 12 try's to tech this one.
No, they have 20 frames to tech it.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
Also works with the u-tilt. I cant confirm the percentage but sometimes the u-tilt causes the opponent to hit the ground, and like savior's vid you can follow up with a pivot grab

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
Its not like Im underestimating, its the real deal, most people dont tech. And its all about "Live and Learn", if they tech it the first time I try this combo then I most likely wont do it against them because I know they can tech it, if they dont tech it Ill just keep doing it

AKA Common sense dude, well it is to me at least

Judo777

Smash Master
not to rain on your parade and this is a cool topic but most good players will tech. DI, SDI, and teching are some of the most important components of this game along with things like spacing. Good players are very good at this.

saviorslegacy

Also works with the u-tilt. I cant confirm the percentage but sometimes the u-tilt causes the opponent to hit the ground, and like savior's vid you can follow up with a pivot grab
Uhhh.. I don't think so....
Lol, sweet gimme ideas people
Here are some KO set ups:

decay Fair
weak Nair
f-tilt
grab release
weak Bair

Find what moves combo from each of those and cause a KO.
No.

If you input L or R it will tech if you hit the ground in 20 frames.

No exceptions, I'd love to believe frame by frame proof with input shown irl.
I was told that you can't buffer a tech and if you input to early you can't input again for 20 frames.

I have no need to prove anything. If I finish everything else first I will try and prove this.
If not then I guess you have to take it or leave it.

I do ask that we have no arguing. It usually ends in someone making an idiot of themselves, hatred and no progress. So lets please drop this and stay on the topic of KO set ups.
not to rain on your parade and this is a cool topic but most good players will tech. DI, SDI, and teching are some of the most important components of this game along with things like spacing. Good players are very good at this.
Yep, which is why I am learning to SDI. I personally love! ^^
(Since Sheik is a fast faller/light it really helps her.)

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
I dont think I'm explaining it well but I'll send you a vid if I have one.

EDIT: f-tilt marth and when he is about to escape (53%) u-tilt him. The 2nd hit of u-tilt will slam him down and away putting him in the same animation as the f-air did in your vid.
I would say this is a safer method as well since most higher tier characters can punish you VERY badly for jumping in with an f-air

EDIT 2: **** youtube and their ability to time their site maintenance when I need to use it most. I'll have the vid up in less than 24 hours

Final EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99ZxkUdRM6s
yes, the marth could have DS out of it. But 1. that isnt the point of this vid, not everyone has DS. 2. He had reasons not to DS, since throughout that match I was baiting out his DS , powershielding it, and punishing it appropriately.
And like you were saying, that could have been followed up with a fully charged needle storm (which I didn't have at the time)

saviorslegacy

I dont think I'm explaining it well but I'll send you a vid if I have one.

EDIT: f-tilt marth and when he is about to escape (53%) u-tilt him. The 2nd hit of u-tilt will slam him down and away putting him in the same animation as the f-air did in your vid.
I would say this is a safer method as well since most higher tier characters can punish you VERY badly for jumping in with an f-air

EDIT 2: **** youtube and their ability to time their site maintenance when I need to use it most. I'll have the vid up in less than 24 hours

Final EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99ZxkUdRM6s
yes, the marth could have DS out of it. But 1. that isnt the point of this vid, not everyone has DS. 2. He had reasons not to DS, since throughout that match I was baiting out his DS , powershielding it, and punishing it appropriately.
And like you were saying, that could have been followed up with a fully charged needle storm (which I didn't have at the time)
Oh yeah, I remember that. I found out that u-tilt spikes a while ago.
http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=44031&vmid=287514#vmessage287514

Posted on June 16th.
Thanks for bringing that back up though.
We need to look into this more.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
kool =]
dont get me wrong I didnt think this was new considering that is from a vid of mine a year ago. Its just that after seeing your vid, it would be awesome to: ftilt > utilt > needle storm > dash pivot grab > DACUS> ZOMG epic KO

saviorslegacy

kool =]
dont get me wrong I didnt think this was new considering that is from a vid of mine a year ago. Its just that after seeing your vid, it would be awesome to: ftilt > utilt > needle storm > dash pivot grab > DACUS> ZOMG epic KO
Welll... u-tilt has to much lag for this to work. Notice how he was able to bounce up before you were out of lag? The idea is to hit them on their landing frame.

Now what I originally planned on using this for was as a ender for the Swan Combo. We could do Fair> f-tilt> u-tilt spike and then we would be more than epic.

ps If you want to help the Sheik community looking into this would really help us. Takr a pic of Sheik performing u-tilt, test and see what the u-tilt spike hit box is and then go to photobucket and highlight the spike hit box. If you would do that ten I'm sure it will catch on (unless it is itty bitty). Then you would just see it every once and a while.

Equalox

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1091-8179-8685
sounds good if they dont tech. the f-air
i think i have done it a few times but sounds pretty good

Top Bottom