• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

killing moves?

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
Top4? lol

1. Up Smash
2. Vanish
3. Nair (?)
4. ... F Smash?

Nair is debatable, since it's too useful to net get stale. But I don't know. Some people don't use it at all and others love it.
Basically, Sheik has 2 kill moves, one of which is really hard to hit with (vanish).

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik top four and kill moves in order are

Tipper Usmash
Vanish
Non tipper usmash
Strong Nair.

So save those if you wishes to kill with sheik, or just go for the gimp ...or use the paper tank called Zelda.

demodemo

Smash Ace
if you want kill moves, not counting down b

usmash (non tipper and tipper)
dsmash
bair
fair

honestly, even if fsmash kills, it is not used as a kill move. so i wouldn't call it a kill move. Sheik's reliable kill moves are reduced to this, even if most of them Ko at 150% plus. I personally don't use vanish, but many people do so don't take it from me. I have killed with fair too many times for me not to include it >_<

edit- unless of course, gimping doesn't count as killing? lol i dunno

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Vanish is pretty good against players that like to airdodge into the ground. It's also not really punishable due to the shield pushback............I don't know why you wouldn't use it. It also ***** spotdodges.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Vanish is pretty good against players that like to airdodge into the ground. It's also not really punishable due to the shield pushback............I don't know why you wouldn't use it. It also ***** spotdodges.
that isn't true it doesn't have anywhere near enough shield stun for you to be safe, ever. and you can't use it to punish a spot dodge you have you hope you opponent spot dodges after you vanish, thats not ****.

vanish is a good kill move but it is very situation, punishing telegraphed aerials is all I even attempt you use it for. better than that is downsmash down B.

My favored order for kill moves:
1. upsmash
2. downsmash
3. nair
4. vanish

I read a post about saving downsmash, not spaming it as a safety move and it is actually a good idea. downsmash may kill at a rediculous percent but that ridiculous becomes never if you spam it. Sheik main way to kill is through gimps. bair beats out so many recoveries and always hits away at lower angles if it is weak. count on zelda for kills, that'd be my suggestion, I see a lot of sheiks take way more damage than they need for trying to use sheik to kill after 100.

take the oppertunity if you get it but don't wait around for it.

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
learn to gimp if you want killing moves your better off finding a different character. or just play as zelda.

technically shieks top killing moves would be switching to zelda... she is part of shiek afterall =p

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Dude, soon as you switch to Zelda your opponent is going to camp the **** out of you..most of the time you should just stay Sheik unless you have the patience to spend a minute and a half trying to get inside of someone as Zelda.

Vanish has invincibility frames on startup so I don't see how it doesn't punish spotdodges.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Dude, soon as you switch to Zelda your opponent is going to camp the **** out of you..most of the time you should just stay Sheik unless you have the patience to spend a minute and a half trying to get inside of someone as Zelda.

Vanish has invincibility frames on startup so I don't see how it doesn't punish spotdodges.
Next to tipper dacus kills vanish is easily my 2nd favorite way to kill with sheik even though you got to add like 30% to what the tipper would kill at.

Anyways marsulas you forgot to mention that the hit box also lasts for a while thus making it easier to use for punishing predictable approaches.

Oh and you better watch what you say about Zelda. People around here might start calling you a Zelda hater.

._. ~sits alone in the "I use Zelda only when I absolutely have to" corner while he wags his anti Zelda flag~

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Zelda sucks, probably one of the worst characters in the game, but she defenitely has her uses

People can't camp of off stage. between up down and forward smash every person hanging from a ledge should end up dead.

that said only a smaller handful of characters can effectively camp zelda. Pit, fox, falco, sheik are the only ones that really comes to mind now.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
It really depends on the situation, opponent, and stage. Blatantly calling out one move as the omnipotent finisher just doesn't make sense.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you can sort by something though buzz.

Least situational, most powerful, favorite.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Sheik's chain is definitely the #1 way to kill for the lulz. It is the best edge-guard against Kirby. XD

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik's chain is definitely the #1 way to kill for the lulz. It is the best edge-guard against Kirby. XD
haha, the sad thing is it's true. Sheik chain is the best options against a kirby recovery even though he can just easily fly over you and stone you to death.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I think Sheik is far better at gimp kills than any other kind of kill (aside from transforming into Zelda). Using the chain for fast edge-hogs is way nice considering how hard it is to edge-hog in this game compared to Melee.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
haha, the sad thing is it's true. Sheik chain is the best options against a kirby recovery even though he can just easily fly over you and stone you to death.
not with a platform above you~
man fd is not the only stage in the game

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
man fd is not the only stage in the game
There is that mystical group between casual and competitive that seems to worship Final Destination. I have never seen a tournament where Final Destination was the only legal stage. >_>

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
NO ITEMS, CHAIN ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION.

Tipper U Smash
Side U Smash
N Air
Vanish

In order.
My head tells me to say use Down B, but my heart tells me that fat ***** isn't playing my match.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Next to tipper dacus kills vanish is easily my 2nd favorite way to kill with sheik even though you got to add like 30% to what the tipper would kill at.

Anyways marsulas you forgot to mention that the hit box also lasts for a while thus making it easier to use for punishing predictable approaches.

Oh and you better watch what you say about Zelda. People around here might start calling you a Zelda hater.

._. ~sits alone in the "I use Zelda only when I absolutely have to" corner while he wags his anti Zelda flag~
Yes thanks for mentioning that, more and more as I play i'm starting to think Sheiks specials are really good. All of them have some sort of weird property to them that makes them unique.

Needles-Ignore hitboxes, meaning they have laser like priority. Not many characters have a projectile like that. Makes Sheik one of the few characters that can camp in every matchup.

Transform- Besides the invincibility(which is useless), opens up a whole different moveset, certainly useful in a few cases.

Vanish- Invincibility frames, KO move, edgeguarding tool.

Chain- Insane priority, beats any move(correct me if i'm wrong). Also extremely glitchy which allows a few AT's.

Lol, I still like Zelda, just that i've come to the conclusion that Sheik is a much better character for Brawls game engine. I'll still have Zelda when I need her in those really tough matchups and I still enjoy playing her.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
It is one of the most fair. Unless you are a noob that gets stuck under the stage and cries that the stage gimps you... then it might not be "fair" to you. Regardless it is a fair stage if you know how to play the game.
Apparently, you weren't around for much of the pro Melee era. FD favors certain characters. It is a simple fact. Certain characters depend more/less on platforms. FD is only fair in having no moving/random elements, but it is not equal treatment for all characters.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Apparently, you weren't around for much of the pro Melee era. FD favors certain characters. It is a simple fact. Certain characters depend more/less on platforms. FD is only fair in having no moving/random elements, but it is not equal treatment for all characters.
Basically Flamingo characters like Diddy get a huge advantage on FD and others like Ganondorf don't. That's why it's not "fair" to be the only stage.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Major lol at Tristan actually translating a Melee tournament into a Brawl situation so Flamingo would understand.

I once went to a tournament where the only stage was Marth's Story X(

Top Bottom