• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KILL SNAKE WHEN YOU ARE AT 53%! :D (Also, Fox and Falco kill setup too)

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I'll get straight to the point.

If your first hit of DAir hits Fox and the charging part of Fire Fox hits you at the same time you may be able to footstool him right after it. (If we had data on the hitstun of the first hit of DAir we'd be able to confirm this or not :x )

I pulled this off on WiFi yesterday by accident and I was like "Hey, this could actually work." If someone has insight into this, it might improve that MU a bit for us.

Edit: Thank you Rockettrainer.

If you have the first hit of DAir hit Snake to knock him out of Cypher you can footstool him. They have to DI out of the DAir in order for this to happen, however.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I just did it on purpose. A few times.

This has potential, but it takes precise timing. Too soon and the second hit might hit him, so you want to reverse yourself before going offstage just in case, so it'll stagespike if possible. Too late, and you just kinda get hit.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, but now there's no way he's coming back under any circumstances.

And besides, it's a footstool kill.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Talked to Flamey, he said it also works on Falco. One thing we have to look out for is if they SDI above us, but we can SDI above that ourselves, lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhOMUdakIQQ#t=1m10s

I mess up in the vid, but you can see me try it. I've done it to at least one Snake in tourney and once to Razer in friendlies. But as you can see, it's very situational...the Snake has to be recovering somewhat low to pull it off. But yeah, you can theoretically chase them all the way to the bottom blastzone. And you CAN footstool them too.

And notice my percent...100% at least. And you have to space dair. Yeah...it took me a while to figure it out back like in the summer.

Same concept, different application.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I've done it at my first tourney, back in Wisconsin. I have vids of me attacking Nappy's cypher with dair, but didn't get the foot stool off. (I think I have that match up)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
In summary, first hit of dair = too good. First it can lead into grabs when grounded, now this.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Oh, so technically we have an instant kill on ALL CHARACTERS given they DI out of the second hit or we space this.

Basically, to not get killed people have to eat a full DAir offstage, awesome lol.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's not so much DI as it is spacing the first hit and making sure ONLY the first hit connects.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Heh, true enough.

Also, 14% fresh DAir (AKA DAir 1st hit 7%) occurs earliest at 53%. Aka we can knock him out of Cypher with first hit DAir at that point.

HEY GUYS WE HAVE A KILL SETUP ON SNAKE THAT ISN'T OVER 100%!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hence the situational part. :p

Or the Snake could just not recover low, lol...

This is one of those tricks that will probably only work once on a person and then never work again.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You could test it, but I'm almost certain they have enough time to Cypher away from you. But again, it's so very rare that you'll catch a Snake in that bad of a position.

Top Bottom