• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KGD - The Kewkky Thread! - Kirby's Wasteland: Dead Social

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
So, I got bored of playing video games during deployment, so I went to the usual anime collector around the ship. I was wondering about what anime I'd like to watch, then I remember how blackwaltz (the oldschool Olimar player from New Jersey) recommended to me Magical Girl Madoka, and the guy had it. I hadn't watched it before because I strongly dislike fanservice and most of the crappy cliched comedy they do in anime, and it sounded like another crappy offshoot of the already-crappy-to-me Sailor Moon. Buuut, since I had nothing else to watch, I gave it a try.

Oh. My. God.

My mind was blown by how absolutely amazing the show was. I absolutely loved everything about it. Definitely made my Top Animes list in just the first few episodes. And the ending? Completely exceed my expectations, I ****ing love deep-thinking and ideas that make sense. After watching all 12 episodes in one sitting, I HAD to immediately go online and search for any news on Season 2, and was freakin' thrilled to hear that the writer really has plans to do a second season. From an interview I read, he was still deciding whether to make a direct sequel (oh God, yes), or a slice-of-life anime about the main characters (oh God, NO), but that was before, during 2011. Who knows what he's thinking right now, or if it is even being produced or not?

FFFFFFF If you haven't watched that anime, YOU MUST WATCH IT. It's FANTASTIC. Every. Single. Episode. I thought Fate/Zero was going to be the definite highlight of my deployment, and now Madoka is trying to kick it down to 2nd place. I'd say they're about even in how amazing and well-written both of them are(except, of course, Fate/Zero is a sequel-prequel, and Madoka is a stand-alone. For an anime with no background to come from, it blew my mind).

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I never watched Madoka Magica, but I've heard a fandub of its opening which was pretty godlike, I suck at getting into series though, so yeah, I have a short attention span. ^^;

Also you're on the same ship as Blackwaltz? O.o I never played him, but I remember him vs Chillin in 2008, that was the stupidest nonsense, I swear... XD

Labernash

Smash Lord
If that is Kirby's highest octane of laughter, I think he's probably more dangerous than we realize.

Kirby for top tier.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
SSZ7, download Madoka, Fate/Stay Night, and Fate/Zero. Those were the highlights of my deployment. And if you're daring, download Wakfu (season 1 and 2). Wakfu's a french animation that I compare, in terms of entertainment value, to Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's that good.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Thanks kewkky! I will indeed check those out. I'm still working on getting as many Anime shows into my Laptop as possible so I have plenty to watch while I'm out at sea. Forcing myself not to watch them is the tough part.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Ah, I just watched Steins;Gate, grab that one too! Not too bad, although until I see the movie sequel that's coming out in April 2013, I can't say if it's a highlight of my deployment yet. Was pretty good though! And no prob.

Hope you did good in this advanvement exam, by the way. I know ET's advancement rates are absolutely abysmal (last cycle's rate was a record high, at 15%), so I have to always be on top of all things electronics and Combat Systems if I want to make more money.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
SSZ7, download Madoka, Fate/Stay Night, and Fate/Zero. Those were the highlights of my deployment. And if you're daring, download Wakfu (season 1 and 2). Wakfu's a french animation that I compare, in terms of entertainment value, to Avatar: The Last Airbender. It's that good.
You got a good torrent for Madoka?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Ah, I just watched Steins;Gate, grab that one too! Not too bad, although until I see the movie sequel that's coming out in April 2013, I can't say if it's a highlight of my deployment yet. Was pretty good though! And no prob.

Hope you did good in this advanvement exam, by the way. I know ET's advancement rates are absolutely abysmal (last cycle's rate was a record high, at 15%), so I have to always be on top of all things electronics and Combat Systems if I want to make more money.
It's still that low. Oh boy. Despite the military still getting rid of people...We'll see how I did. I didn't even figure out how open my rate was.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
No wait, do not watch steins;gate until you watch chaos;head first.
Nooooooo, there was something before Steins;Gate? :c

Steins;Gate seems to be the first everything from what I can see anywhere. I found no info on Chaos;Head in the Steins;Gate wikipedia or by googling, now I see there was something before it. Dammit, now I feel like I spoiled myself on something. :(

EDIT: Chaos;Gate doesn't even seem to be related to Steins;Gate except for the fact that Steins;gate is based in the same world, one year after. I haven't watched it so I can't say for sure... But at least I don't feel like I watched spoilers now.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well, I think each of them have different stories, but I prefer watching them chronologically. Also, Robotics;Notes is the currently on air.

And there's like, 2 anime shows I've been watching, which is Sasami-san@Garanbanai, and Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic.

falln

Smash Ace
no we need more emily kinney from walking dead (and lauren cohan too)

i had a better pic of lauren cohan but it came out massive but w/e thats what googles for

im trying so hard here to maintain the masculinity of this thread

falln

Smash Ace
im putting myself on the line here
i stand before you all exposed
one man against the cruel universe

the onion did a thing on this guy who was locked out of his house naked and there was a crowd of people around his house so he used the time to make some existential speech but i couldnt find the link

Top Bottom