• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Thread

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
ok, i havent checked here in a while... but i can clear some things up:

SMASHFESTS AT UofL:
EVERY thursday, i reapeat, EVERY thursday. bring controllers. IM either Powda193 or Wizzipboum. it is on the second floor of the vogt building. we have 3 big projectors-it is awesome. it is in the building closest to 3rd street at speed school (eastern parkway). i encourage everyone to come.

CRESTWOOD (G@BE):
most of the stuff that goes on is near downtown louisville (or UofL). jiano does live close to u tho. if u want to host a smashfest then give us some details (IM me at Powda193 or IM jiano at Sun Jiano). btw, u wont win.

TOP 5 in KY:
1. jiano
2. sean(dante)
3-
snap pop(if she is still playing), poe jyle, Powda(myself), maybe some other people

ftilt ftw!

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
what happened to the powda smashfests, as long as its just a few of the more important homeboys and we drink and smoke thats where the funs at

T

Tpx ak-47

I see how it is leave me off there why dont ya :( WE NEED TO PLAY AND WE NEED TO PLAY THIS WEEK

Overswarm

is laughing at you
1. Overswarm
2. Overswarm again cuz he's so good
3. SNap Pop

Everyone else isn't any good at all.
Hahaha... I still don't know where that started. I blame Kel.

I didn't get to play you at GJ either Jiano :(

If you're going to CoK, hit me up sometime for some games.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
Come to UofL this thursday if you want to play us. I don't know what Powda is doing this weekend but I'll be at a tourny. Not sure if Souroush is going with me or not.
every thursday is the day to play. i am definitely able to host some smashfests, but we do need to keep the number of people down. anything more than 8 people in my basement and it really gets crowded. in otherwords, only the high seeded people get to come and play! :laugh:

what tourney is goin on this weekend? i might go if its not forever away (since i missed GJ). if i dont go, i could possibly do a smashfest this weekend.

whatever happens, everyone should come thursday nite. its at speed school (UofL), off eastern parkway. 2nd floor of the vogt building (closest to 3rd street). BE THERE!!!!

Megachuk

Smash Ace
Maybe I'll hop down to UofL sometime and play... If you don't mind of course. I definately won't be going every week. But it would be nice to get some matches in against you guys once in a while. Me and my friend definately need some teams practice. What do you say? I'll PM you when I have the time to go down.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'll hop down to UofL sometime and play... If you don't mind of course. I definately won't be going every week. But it would be nice to get some matches in against you guys once in a while. Me and my friend definately need some teams practice. What do you say? I'll PM you when I have the time to go down.
we play games every week on thursdays, so u all are welcome to come play whenever.

dont bother sending me a pm, just hit me up on AIM or give my cell a call.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to see if we couldnt get more people to come to these smashfests, i was woundering if Overswarm you couldnt come tommarow and maybe bring Ameer or Tayo aswell. Plus all these people in louisville who smash but dont show up, you guys should come tommarow.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I wanted to see if we couldnt get more people to come to these smashfests, i was woundering if Overswarm you couldnt come tommarow and maybe bring Ameer or Tayo aswell. Plus all these people in louisville who smash but dont show up, you guys should come tommarow.
We are all going to CoK II this weekend, and next weekend I'm flying out to MLG NY.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We'll definitely come down sometime, but I have no idea when. After these two tournaments I'm probably going to have to take a break for school stuff ><

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I live in Grayson, its a small town so if you haven't heard of it its between Lexington and Ashland, im willing to travel to either city. I main Ganon, and I have a friend with a nice DK. I also have a crew back in Lexington where I went to School for a year. Theres another Ganon player there, a pretty good Capt. Falcon, and an all right Falco, and Link player. If anyone wants to try to get a game or tournament going, let me know and I'll try to get as many of them together as I can.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Would you guys be willing to do a monthly up around NKU? I'm still looking for a venue, but if I can find one, a monthly tournament would be my goal.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I'd have to get with my friends and see. I personally would. The friend I mentioned that played Capt Falcon told me recently that he's really hungry for some tournament action so he'd probably come to. The other Ganon player is good but he isn't much of a social guy so it will take some work to convince him to come. The DK player was the best DK I'd ever seen about 2 years ago but I'm not sure if he even plays any more really. As for the Link and Falco I doubt they'd come. But anyway I can probably get at least three of us there.

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
ZOMG if you actually went tonight of all nights.

Powda had to do some bullcrap somewhere.

I've been sick and didn't want to go out tonight.

Souroush didn't want to go if I didn't.

Christian, I dunno about him..

Basically tonight was a ****ty fest night. Hopefully Powda can host something this weekend or something to make up for it.

MyNiggaNameDante

Smash Journeyman
Yeah you showed up the only night that no one went, but we are working on setting up more smash events more often

Also if you are interested in smash, to anyone in or around Louisville, you are welcome to come to these thursday night smashfests on U of L campus, the more the merrier, if everyone wants more smash events you guys gotta come

Gorgapor

Smash Rookie
holy crap.
I was totally up for smash last night, and totally bummed that noone could make it. In the future, ALWAYS talk to someone on AIM. I've posted this multiple times, but i'm WizZipBoum on AIM. You know what? you can even call my cell phone.

NOTICE:
IF YOU ARE EVER IN LOUISVILLE AND WANT TO PLAY SMASH BROTHERS, CALL GORGAPOR 550-9394

There, now no one should ever be wondering wtf is going on. Missed opportunities for smash fests shall not be tolerated.

Gorgapor

Smash Rookie
yeah smash this weekend sounds good. when is good for you powda?

edit: i talked to powda, and he can't host it. but i can. smashfest at my house this weekend!

Gorgapor

Smash Rookie
ok some more things are decided about teh ub4r smAsH fe3st!!!!!111ONE.

my place at 2pm or later. i'm fine with ppl staying as late as they want. bring food if you want to eat, or order your own pizza. also another tv and gc would be good. not more than like 10-12 ppl plz. call or message me for directions.

G@BE

Smash Lord
okay coolness, I have got the word that i will be there for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I will be in Oldham county.. i think thats how you spell it. So if anyone needs to know how they can get in touch with me. aim me or e-mail me

if i remember this is TX rank...

1.Caveman
2.FastLikeTree
3.Rob$
4.Xelic
5.Smiles
6.Zulu
7.Changsts
8.Dr.Drewthedragon
9.Leprechuan
10.Rayzorium
11.DCX
12.proudlikecow
13.Mr.C
14.g@be
15.DoH
16.umm...

not sure..i dont even think im 14th thats how i remember it though
Around the region of 13-17

Divine189

Smash Apprentice
Alright, ive finally found the thread i was looking for Jiano i have talked to you once before and i have played with dante a couple times but im willing to travel and play as long as i can get a ride lol yea do some more tournaments i missed out on the november one but it would be cool if you did more.

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
its good to see more people in the area interested in playing. however, we gotz REALLY bad communication. i think we should put some contact info in the first post (thats u soroush).

anyhow, there are smashfest EVERY THURSDAY NITE.

:lick: SMASHFESTS EVERY THURSDAY NITE!!!!! :mad:

they are at U of L in the vogt lab. IM someone for directions. we usually get started around 8pm and we play for a while.

Person -- IM
Powda -- Powda193 (thats hard, isnt it?)
Jiano -- Sun Jiano
Gorgapor -- Wizzipboum
Dante -- ???

Gorgapor

Smash Rookie
yeah good idea powda, to put contact info in the first post. dante, you should prolly put the AIM names for all 4 of us who went to CoK II (Jiano Dante Powda Gorgapor), you can put my cell number there, and maybe a list of active smash players.

Divine189

Smash Apprentice
Hey i think i might be coming this thursday to the smashfest if dante goes, (i might get a ride with him) otherwise it sounds like fun and some of my contact info if u need it for something or anything Cs Divine189 is my AIM and 718 4085 is my cell dont know if u will need it but if your all talking about contact info figured it would help a little.

Also i might bring lance in the pants who posted above ^ im not sure if its ok with dante but he wants to come and so would another friend they are all alright but like i stated earlier it comes down to seeing if i can get a ride there.

Top Bottom