• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Thread

Divine189

Smash Apprentice
Yea i hope i missed a call from him earlier but if it cool with him i got 2 other friends who would want to come. It will be cool to meet you jiano i heard dante plays with you a bit.

Cove

Smash Rookie
Hey all, moved to Lexington a couple of weeks ago, main is marth, and looking for pretty much any decent competition near me in the area so feel free to toss me a pm if you want to pick a day to hang out or get a smashfest/ tourny going. Im working nightshift at amazon atm most nights tho, so my times may be off for somethings since I sleep through some days, but I dont mind traveling a bit to play people and I dont mind people hanging out and playing at my apartment to if nearby, if you dont mind a practically empty place atm. Good times for me would be thurs/fri/sat

Gorgapor

Smash Rookie
there are about 8 frequent smashers in louisville, so any weekend you want to make the hour drive up here, there will be someone to play against. post in the kentucky thread when you can make it up here or message someone on AIM.

Divine189

Smash Apprentice
Im not sure if im going to be able to make it tonight guys sorry i cant reach dante and he is my only ride source.

Divine189

Smash Apprentice
My Aim is Cs Divine189 which i posted above on the first page i see its not there and again im not sure if its nessasary but u can call on my cell to if u want its 718-4085

Divine189

Smash Apprentice
My AIM which i saw above was ??? is Cs divine189 and im not sure if its needed but anyways like i said above my cell is 718 4085 also lanceinthepants above is a good friend of mine who is a big smash fan to who lives out in the prospect area and his aim is lanceinthepants3 so if u can dante put this above with the others.

**** sorry for double post the post above didnt show on my comp

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Hey guys. So I've been busy with school and work lately and I'm really itching for some Smash action. The only day that I am free is on Sunday's. I am now willing to travel farther than usual to play since I haven't had a chance in so long. So if anyone is free to play any Sunday just let me know. I can try to bring some friends too if you would like to have a tourny.

wangston

Smash Lord
Well I live in Maysville. So if anyone is traveling on the Double AA or US 68 and would like to stop by and play please let me know. I'm really interested in playing in any tourneys held in lexington.

F

FS7

Wow... there's a community for Smash in KY. Maybe I should learn to play this game sometime.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I live in Grayson so I can play some games in Maysville. Also if there are any smashers in Ashland or Lexington I could make it there too. I would consider going to Lousville since it seems theres alot of people who play there(at least compared to other parts of KY), but if I where to make that long of a trip I would be expecting to get more out of it, like a tournament or getting to meet alot of new smashers. I'm not gonna go 3 hours out of my way to play with one guy in his living room, but pretty much anything more than that I'm cool with.

Edit: Whoops, forgot the "who are you" part of the question. My names Derrick. I main with Ganon, and I second with Link, but I tend to change characters alot. I'm an above average Smash player but I really want to get better, and I need some people to play.

wangston

Smash Lord
BTW I'm Taylor play with Falco my 2nd is Dr. Mario and I okay with every character but maybe 3 or 4 of them. Friends are okay players but I beat them 3-0 or 3-1 (ko's) they just don't understand the fine points of smashing they rarely every give me a good match..

Gorgapor

Smash Rookie
Jiano: i'll be at thursday's smashfest, as always.

highandmightyjoe: i'm up for smash on sunday, but it probably won't be worth the drive for you unless there are at least 6 or more ppl. btw, how long is the drive from grayson? if powda can't host on sunday I can host again in the afternoon.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I can work with Lousville on Sunday. It would be a little hard so I probably can't this Sunday. Its about a 2 1/2 hour drive from where I live, but I have friends in Lexington I go to see some times and play Smash with. So I can try to work something out like, going to stay with my friends Saturday night and all of us heading to Lousville in the morning. I sometimes work late on Saturdays though, so I could only do it on weeks that my schedule works out.

So thanks for the offer, and I'll try to get back to you when I know some more.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Its not that bad. I go to see my friends in Lexington all the time anyway so I would be going that far anyway. From there I would stay the night and we'd all go in the morning. Cincinatti would be nice to though, still far but not quite as bad. I might try to get some of my friends to come to that.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
How far into tennessee is it? Is it fairly near the border or is this gonna be a long drive? If its less than like 3 or 4 hours of driving I may come, and try to bring some others. I'll have to double check my schedule first though. And thanks for posting so far in advance. It really bugs me when people announce this stuff the week before. I appreciate your giving the neccessary time.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
its about 15-20mins south of Nashville
i think Nashville is like 2-2 1/2 hrs from Louisville

*edit* oh yeah np about giving an advance. Ive had the thread up for about 3 weeks now. hopefully you will be able to make it. Oh and go ahead and post in the thread too.

Divine189

Smash Apprentice
SMYM, i guess im game except for the fact that i can't drive yet so if i can bum a ride with u souroush if u guys have the space im totally up for it just need a date cost and anything else you might need from me. Otherwise i guess im still trying to make it out to one of those thursday smashfests.

Gorgapor

Smash Rookie
Jiano, sugoicon is an anime convention. 3 seconds on google could have told you that, moron : )

Divine189, i'm probably driving everyone to SMYM in my van, so if you can make it to louisville and pay for gas, i have room. We can discuss it in more detail if you can make it to thursday night smash this week.

Megachuk

Smash Ace
I missed the tourney at sugoicon, but played some friendlies later. Did I play any of you guys, I kinda just barged in I was wearing a dark blue shirt...

Cove

Smash Rookie
Bro and me going to try and come down for the smashfest this thurs if its cool with u guys, will hit one you up on cell sometime early tommorow, will probally need some better directions once we get close

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
just to let you guys know pretty much everyone that is regulars from INNsomina will be showing to My Middle TN tourney and its much closer to the KY smashers. The three best smashers in TN will be there Myself Aurafox and Nite. plus a whole bunch of others and some local noobs to up the pot. Should be pretty big and it can do nothing but grow from here.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Yeah, I still plan on going, and I got one of my friends, the best in our crew(mains Capt. Falcon), who says he'll come too. I still need to talk with some others. How many people are you expecting?

Top Bottom