• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Smash Championship Results

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
The next installment will have pools will prob have a online reg and I may find a bigger venue im really expecting the next installment to break 50 peeps

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Confirmed.
That'd be the gentleman who made Puffstuff, right? I thought about asking him but I'm ****ing awkward and didn't want to bother him, lol.

I remember when Game Junkie people first started playing puff because of that video.

Broverdose

Smash Rookie
Broverdose's Shout Outs

1: Jiano - Good job bringing home first! I hope I can keep learning from playing with you, it helps so much.
2: Salt - GGs, I hope to see you at our future tourneys,very solid marth play.
3: KellyK - We didn't get to play any I don't think, solid placing as always though
5: Broverdose - Stay free
5: CJ - Why has Shonic failed to mention your falco to me? Great games.
7: Shonic - I'll take your money any day :)
7: DrX - We didn't get to play this time, but good stuff in P:M!
9: Zero - Close games, they were really down to the wire.
9: Goodin - R.I.P.
9: Megachuck - Wow, those sheik dittos!
13: Amida - Play a real character ; ; sorry I didn't play mario party with you guys.
13: Luigigoshard - Sad to see you get put out early, your Luigi still impresses me with the things you make him do.
17: Village - Your P:M link took me to school, ggs.
17: Debs - I don't think we played any, but it was good seeing you up here.
17: Jared - SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS MY SMALL TOWN?
17: Phi - I think our falcon dittos were the most fun I had all day.
17: PoopSmith - Trying to find you to play your matches was hilarious.
25: Keenan - Keep up the practice, your Marth is getting better every time I play you.
25: Kaiser - It was fun playing/talking with you throughout the day, Hope to see you and Phi at more tourneys.
33: Tiny - Your yelling skills proved invaluable!

TheTinyMan

Smash Rookie
33: Tiny - Your yelling skills proved invaluable!

Woohoo! I was good at something throughout the night! :-D

I feel awful, I don't remember anyone's names at all. Except Jiano; by the way, Xtian says hi, Jiano.

So I had no idea that that venue was there! I understand that Smash happens every Saturday? Is that a lot of P:M, or Melee...? I might start showing up!

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Like I said before, if I'm the one uploading them, it probably won't be for a while. Gonna be busy with work, Christmas stuff, ect. Won't have time to sift through 12 hrs of stream.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Great time!! Even though I didn't do much in the bracket. I'll be climbing my way up,..but are the P:M placings right? I beat Goodin in losers. So how did he get 9th? Must of been a bracket mess up? Idk either way can't wait to come out and play again

Cantus

Smash Cadet
Broverdose's Shout Outs
17: Jared - SOMEBODY WHO KNOWS MY SMALL TOWN?

Dude, your "small town" is literally 12x bigger than mine :laugh:
Great meeting you though, man. Look forward to playing you more.

I'd do shoutouts, but I don't know enough people for it to make any sense :laugh:. So, instead, I just want to thank everyone for going out and having fun! I know I did!

kaiser513

Smash Rookie
Couldn't have asked for a better first tournament. I made so many new friends, and learned a lot about this amazing game. My brother (Phi) and I will be back to show our support for the growth of this awesome community!!!

Hope to see you guys in Frankfort on the 28th!

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Great time!! Even though I didn't do much in the bracket. I'll be climbing my way up,..but are the P:M placings right? I beat Goodin in losers. So how did he get 9th? Must of been a bracket mess up? Idk either way can't wait to come out and play again
Actually I just won like 5 straight matches in losers bracket. You did beat me but i survived longer in losers.

Couldn't have asked for a better first tournament. I made so many new friends, and learned a lot about this amazing game. My brother (Phi) and I will be back to show our support for the growth of this awesome community!!!

Hope to see you guys in Frankfort on the 28th!
And yah man you and your brother are awesome, glad you made it out and we will most likely see you in frankfort.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
And damn all this positive feedback <333333324555

You all know how to make a scrub TO happy

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
**** yeah I'm bad. I'll have them up tonight if I remember. Would love someone to remind me though

Rizner

Smash Ace
Week-late shoutouts and input (I need to get better at doing these after tournaments)

Also while it's super late to add it in, would it be possible to get character icons next to placements? If you do, I was Kirby in melee and brawl, then Zelda/Kirby for PM.

Thanks for the event and it was good seeing you all again. I see you're planning the next one already, so I figured I'd suggest some things and if you wanted to do em that's cool, and if not that's cool too.
- Run multiple events at once. There are tons of friendlies going on at the same time as one tournament, becuase there are brawl/pm setups and only melee is running. Take advantage of the time, and find a second person to help with calling brackets for the other tournament. If I'm at the next one I'd be happy to help with this. You could even offset them so after one event is in round 2 or so the second would start.
- try to set up the room with more walking space. Maybe that middle table changing to be horizontal would have helped? Just something to keep in mind when doing setups
- like other said, don't let TIO pretend like it knows what it's doing. Seems like you've already addressed that, though.
- Also there was the one person who got skipped in bracket. Maybe have some sort of redundancy check so that doesn't happen again

So yeah, shoutouts.
To all those I played in PM and Brawl and Melee -- was good times. Hopefully we can make double kirby happen again, and see you all there. To those in mario party -- I'm coming for 1st next time. To shonic -- Let's do that money match soon.

I'm feeling kinda lazy now but know if I didn't post it at this point I might not post at all, so yeah. Good times all and hopefully will see you guys again soon (at APEX if anyone's going, or I'll get the group together to head down there sometime in the new year).

SaLt08

Smash Rookie
Any word on when videos from melee doubles or singles will be posted to YouTube?

Top Bottom