• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Smash Championship!!!! Parallel Worlds... - December 14th, 2013 - Louisville, Ky

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
How do I set a pole up tried to do it when I made the thread? And so far more ppl have voted for $10 entry im thinking its stayingthat way as of now

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
You have to get a mod to do it, since you did not create it from the start. S2 is a mod, ask him. Also, the only reason I am saying OoS players will be less likely to come if it is not a $10 entry fee, is mainly because of OH. Most of the OH players who are willing to come down are all pretty talented players, who would want $10, especially with some of them, if not all of them, in the run for the money. (For brawl at least.) I see your point, but considering the community of KY and the local states, the best attendance will be achieved at $10. But if we get a poll, or some kind of vote in an alternative way, we can all decide on it.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Im going to leave it at $10 everybody should just bring setups if they dont lime the price then theyll save a couple bucks that way and Ill ask him to put the poll up and shonic highest placing placers draft there own crew from there area

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
No, it's currently 4-1. Again, you are the only opposition.

So Kelly mentioned 5v5 crews. Who we got for KY? Kelly, Kodey, Goodin, and Patrick? Who is the 5th? Also who would be team leader?
Hey, that guy who got 2nd at #2fast lives in KY, that was his first tourney. Also, do not count me out, after practicing after the tourney, I got really good, and went pretty much even with the guy who got 2nd place. (Forgot his name.)

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Broverdose hes pretty legit thats why I left it up to the top 2 placing players from in state and out of state to draft so the better ppl do you have a chance to get picked in the draft makes things more interesting

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Lemme rephrase it. What's the crew looking like for melee KY? I'll try and see who's coming from Eville and let you know. If Reneblade is going, he'll probably be captain, if not I'll be.

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
Broverdose hes pretty legit thats why I left it up to the top 2 placing players from in state and out of state to draft so the better ppl do you have a chance to get picked in the draft makes things more interesting
that's kinda not fair bro, I 2-0'd broverdose Saturday and won our little tourney, plus you know I'm the best player. Selfishly speaking, I should pick the KY team..... Amida, do you live in the Lou area?? We need a good jiggs to practice with and a good one in our group!!

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I'll definitely be coming to this as well. Hopefully some of the old louisville crew would show up. Jiggs is my best melee character xD. I'll be working on it and my melee peach in the meantime.

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
that's kinda not fair bro, I 2-0'd broverdose Saturday and won our little tourney, plus you know I'm the best player. Selfishly speaking, I should pick the KY team..... Amida, do you live in the Lou area?? We need a good jiggs to practice with and a good one in our group!!
I think I should pick KYs team. I'm pretty good after all :)

Broverdose

Smash Rookie

Fair warning for the next time we play, I'll actually be L-cancelling :)

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
I live in Georgetown, but I should be able to go to smashfests if you announce it soon enough.

CyrusShadowBlade

Smash Cadet
I'd be very excited if this becomes a monthly/bimonthly thing. I just recently moved to the Louisville area and have been looking for a local Smash community.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Well youve came to the right place hype announcement coming possibly tonight as soon as I get the final say **** might be getting real OG up on this thread

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Lets just have the 2 main events, brawl and melee, as $10. The side events, P:M and teams, can be $5 (per person). Venue is to be $5... 0$ if you bring a reasonable TV and console.. we had a TV shortage last time, and the 0$ thing if you bring a TV is more of an incentive.

No more arguing about venue prices, anything other than an increment of $5 is annoying, and for a main event like melee, 5$ is too low...$10 is the most reasonable fee all things considered. Patrick stop your whining, anyone who can spend $23 at Chipotle can save up an extra $5 towards an all day event... almost everyone wants $10 anyways.

Please no more **** posting on this thread, especially about venue fee...

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
I'd be very excited if this becomes a monthly/bimonthly thing. I just recently moved to the Louisville area and have been looking for a local Smash community.
We do this every other month. Last month was the start of something good. We plan on continuing this all through smash 4 also.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Yea need plenty setups bring crts not hds they will be pointless and take up space no offense to anyone unless you really have a hd setup with zero lag

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Bringing the usual setup. Might also have more melee setups as well, dunno if there will be room for more TVs on my car though

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
I have 3 full setups would like to get 12 plus and do some rearanging to the venue and surround all the walls with setups

JC Shine Studios

Smash Apprentice
You need to keep tabs on who will be bringing Setups / Cubes etc. Last time was a disaster with not knowing how many TV's we would have.

Also someone needs to goto the venue to see how many possible setup you can fit in, as well as pre-plan the table layout and everything so it takes less time to setup that morning.

Oh and also I think taking the venue before and signups would be a good idea, up to you though

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
I counted the other night 15 setups will go on 3 walls comfortably with tables moved to walls and then it opens up middle of room for more if needed

Shonic

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, shameless advertising, if anyone wants to play melee with my crew, I'm hosting my usual weekly at my house.

Top Bottom