• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Keeping it Classy: A Zelda guide

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Well we always sporadically "discuss" characters for two days and then it goes stagnant for another six.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Bair OoS? Wow you should have been using this for a couple months, it's a really great way to land some lightning kicks. Make sure your certain that they won't be able to shield it though or you will get punished if it sweetspots.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
S2, Ness is still at a disadvantage, didn't we agree on neutral?

(someone has GOT TO teach me how to play against a Zelda, X( )

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Bair OoS? Wow you should have been using this for a couple months, it's a really great way to land some lightning kicks. Make sure your certain that they won't be able to shield it though or you will get punished if it sweetspots.
What's a OoS?

Edit: Oh, Out of Shield. Gotcha. I'll try that out sometime.

S2

Smash Lord
I'll go in and change Ness as a neutral matchup. I'll probably change some of the wording around the Ness section soon, it was written back when Ness was considered a bad matchup by most Zelda players.

I'll apologize for the lack of updating lately. The last couple months I've been less involved in competitive Brawl as I'd like to be. Plus, I've not had a (properly working) computer at home. At this point, my updates to the guide are going to be polishing certain areas as the meta-game evolves. So sorry if you messaged/posted something and it took a while for me to update.

At certain points I wanted to expand this guide to include a large video section, matchup discussion, etc. Most of this stuff isn't going to happen in this guide though, it would be redundant. Other great Zelda players have already covered this stuff in their own topics and they've done an awesome job of it.

Simply put, I think the guide is better suited if it stays focused on teaching the basics of playing a good Zelda. I'm going to revise what's in the guide to make sure it's current. But I am adding one last thing, a "required reading" section... aka... links to other things that everyone needs to read.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I'll go in and change Ness as a neutral matchup. I'll probably change some of the wording around the Ness section soon, it was written back when Ness was considered a bad matchup by most Zelda players.

I'll apologize for the lack of updating lately. The last couple months I've been less involved in competitive Brawl as I'd like to be. Plus, I've not had a (properly working) computer at home. At this point, my updates to the guide are going to be polishing certain areas as the meta-game evolves. So sorry if you messaged/posted something and it took a while for me to update.

At certain points I wanted to expand this guide to include a large video section, matchup discussion, etc. Most of this stuff isn't going to happen in this guide though, it would be redundant. Other great Zelda players have already covered this stuff in their own topics and they've done an awesome job of it.

Simply put, I think the guide is better suited if it stays focused on teaching the basics of playing a good Zelda. I'm going to revise what's in the guide to make sure it's current. But I am adding one last thing, a "required reading" section... aka... links to other things that everyone needs to read.
This is my first time posting in this particular topic. I've gotten a grasp of almost half of what's up here. It's all good stuff and the match-ups helped me out tons.

And to answer someone's question about the OoS > Bair, it's on youtube somewhere. I've even gotten it once or twice before.

My only question to the Fair/Bair is why are you able to do Bair > any air. To better explain this, with a Bair, you can do 2 Bair's or do Bair>xAir. You can't do that with her Fair, and I'm just askin why it's like that.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Awsome guide helped me a lot with my zelda usage.

One thing i dont think you mentioned is that zelda's d-tilt is actually a very weak meteor smash like. Your foot has to be over the edge and when they are barely above the point where they would grab the ledge, d-tilt and its a meteor smash.

Top Bottom