• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kazuya Presentation on 6/28

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Major details
  • Despite there being a translator in the E3 Direct, there's no translator here
  • Sakurai starts the presentation with the same breif showcase of Kazuya's moves from E3
  • Sakurai then goes on to explain the history of Tekken
    • Interestingly, when he explains Tekken 1, he uses footage from the PS1 version
  • Kazuya was chosen over Heihachi because of the former's Devil Gene, which is used for his special moves
    • Sakurai then explains each special in detail
  • After explaining special moves, he then explains Kazuya's overall characteristics and takes him for a test drive
    • Interestingly, this is the first time Sakurai loses to the CPU when he tests out a DLC fighter
  • Explanation on Mishima Dojo:
    • Similar to King of Fighters Stadium, but with more destructible walls
    • Heihachi gets up to react to K.O.'s
  • Kazuya's Spirit Board, song list and alternate colors are also shown
  • Kazuya has no victory fanfare, which is a first for Smash; instead, the announcer from Tekken 7 says "Kazuya Mishima wins"
  • Mii Costumes:
    • Lloyd
    • Dragonborn
    • Dante
    • Shantae (who comes with a new song)
  • Sakurai confirms that the character after Kazuya will be the last one, and will be revealed and released this year
    • He also goes on about how long he's worked on Smash since he started development on the 3DS / Wii U games since 2012
  • Min-Min's amiibo is shown off, and is slated to release in 2022
Song List
  • Tekken
    • Marine Stadium, Japan
    • Chicago, U.S.A.
    • Kyoto, Japan
  • Tekken 2
    • Heihachi Mishima, King of the Iron Fist
    • Kazuya Mishima, Devil Kazuya (both the original and a new remix)
    • Emotionless Passion
  • Tekken 3
    • Attract -Embu- / Character Select
    • Hwoarang
    • Jin Kazama
    • Heihachi Mishima
  • Tekken Tag Tournament
    • Opening Movie
    • Jin Stage
  • Tekken 4
    • Kitsch
    • Bit Crusher
  • Tekken 5 (and Dark Resurrection)
    • Red Hot Fist
    • Moonlit Wilderness
    • Poolside
    • Snow Castle
    • Into Nirvana
    • RESURRECTION
  • Tekken 6 (and Bloodline Rebellion)
    • Ethno Evening
    • YUKI
    • Only One Fight
    • Dust Thins Out
    • Yodelling in Meadow Hill
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    • Abyss of Time
    • Plucking Tulips
    • Landscape Under the Ghost-Kaminano
  • Tekken Revolution
    • New World Order
    • No Easy Way Out
  • Tekken 7
    • Heat Haze Shadow
    • Dojo (Japanese-Style Mix)
    • DUOMO DI SIRIO 1st
    • Moonsiders 1st
    • Desperate Struggle
    • Aloneness

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
One of my questions is: How long would that maintenance period last?

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I’d love to see more of how Kazuya will play in Smash, and I’d love to hear more Tekken music in Smash, especially that new remix of Emotionless Passion. I think the stage is the Mishima Dojo from Tekken 7. I doubt it, but I wonder if there’ll be more character cameos besides Heihachi? Either way, I hope there will be Spirits of characters from Tekken 1, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, and maybe even Tekken 4.

Last edited:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
So more or less what I expected, Kazuya's gameplay is pretty much how he plays in Tekken, transcribed for Smash.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Rage works like how Tekken uses it. You can lose it if you either get hit certain amount of times or miss grabs. So, you keep rage as long you are dominating the match. Just like you ONLY get rage at the last leg of health.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Standard attack are going to be complicated with all those combos. Plus, lol to add another attack in his taunt just like Luigi.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Aw man, I have to wait another day to get Kaz? Well, I at least wanna know this: What time, in Eastern Time (US & Canada), by the way, will Kaz be added?

blackghost

Smash Champion
this character is gonna take a while to optimize. its possible we may see combos doing north of 60 percent easily within a few weeks though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Aw man, I have to wait another day to get Kaz? Well, I at least wanna know this: What time, in Eastern Time (US & Canada), by the way, will Kaz be added?
Considering that most software updates tend to be released at 9 PM EDT, we likely won't be getting 12.0.0 until tomorrow night. I could be wrong though.

Top Bottom