• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kapedani's PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.1 (feat. 700 Stages, Retro Mode, cBliss & more!) [22/01/2016]

sonicfmv

Smash Rookie
How did you fix the Smash 3 Mario Cape textures, and Yoshi Egg textures???

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
For some reason, whenever I play a normal match the game crashes when I press "fight" just before I get to the character selection screen on the homebrew version. I'm not sure why it's doing this.
Hmm, I've never experienced this. When you transferred the files to the SD card, were there any errors? And does PM appear to load fine, like do you get the Brawl menu or the custom PM menu?

Both, All the codes that make Every Stage and Alt Stage work
Right, I'll get on that once I finish the build!

How did you fix the Smash 3 Mario Cape textures, and Yoshi Egg textures???
I didn't fix them myself, someone else made a pack with the fixed Smash 3 textures which I got from here.

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
So about the next update:
I am finally done setting up all the stages for the next build. I've ended up including over 700 stages, this includes a large variety of tournament legal alts for the tourney legal stages.

Here is what the SSS Screen looks in game, now the alts are visible. Thank you to PMXP for creating the template for the alts. Note that it is a little blurry as the file size of the SSS cannot exceed a certain file size due to Wii limitations. However, once I release this build, I will make a Dolphin version that will have custom clearer textures.

If you hold L + A on Temple, you will get an Alt Reskin of that stage, this works for all stages that are not in an expansion slot.

If you hold Z + A on a stage, it will load a competitive alternative of that stage. Note that this means holding Z + A on random will only load competitive stages.

If you hold L + Z + A on a stage, it will load a Tournament Legal skin of a tourney legal stage. This stage is identical to Wario Land (credit to Dranakar, MFMAXY, Theytah and the AZProjectMelee crew for making most of the alt reskins of legal stages).

The reason why I chose to include the alt reskins on seperate stage slots rather than putting it on one stage slot (eg. put this stage over Wario Land) is that it solves the issue of not being able to turn off the stage expansion stages off random. Now you are able to hold L + Z + A when selecting random to play on a random Tournament Legal stage. It also allows for more music while playing tourney legal stages as the tourney legal stages are no longer restricted to their own stage slot for music.

Unfortunately, the type of tourney legal stage is not visible from the SSS screen as I did not want to clutter up the preview image even more, however it can be viewed from the stagelist spreadsheet in the OP. This issue will be resolved in the Tourney Legal Edition which will only include competitive alts in the SSS preview image and will feature only tourney legal costumes.

Also, be on the lookout for bonus stages in the next update! These stages are not found on the SSS, but their button combo can be found in the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
I still have some more aesthetic updates that I want to include such as stylized character fonts in the CSS. One of the aesthetic updates is already complete, here is the custom strap for this build which was made from regiwolfe's templates. I plan to include different strap loaders with each version of the build (eg. Tourney Legal, Kapedani X Patt Edition)

I hope you are all excited as I put a lot of effort into making the next build as complete as I can! :)

Edit: Accidentally double posted, so I split the post in half.

Last edited:

Megakoopax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Supermario196
3DS FC
2320-6609-3767
Hmm, I've never experienced this. When you transferred the files to the SD card, were there any errors? And does PM appear to load fine, like do you get the Brawl menu or the custom PM menu?
It's fine, the game doesn't crash anymore when I enter a regular match. I found out the problem, I stupidly tried to install a Wifi addon in the Project M Launcher. lol

yahir561

Smash Rookie
when ever i load up the game the music is mixed up kind of like static can anyone help me fix this

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
when ever i load up the game the music is mixed up kind of like static can anyone help me fix this
Its a BSTRM glitch. Backup every file on your SD Card and Reformat it to FAT32 then put the files back on your SD Card.

yahir561

Smash Rookie
Also one more thing can you use a wii mote and nunchuk to access alt stages

Batesy

Smash Rookie
Out of curiosity, does this pack also work with TheOriginalSINe's Community Build that includes 3.61 balance patches, Knuckles, Isaac, Lyn and whatnot?

Last edited:

Batesy

Smash Rookie
Why does mentioning that leaked build bother you so much? It's not like it's a secret. There are youtube videos showcasing it, and they haven't gotten taken down. I don't see what the problem is. In any case, I ultimately didn't bother with it, I just used 3.6.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Why does mentioning that leaked build bother you so much? It's not like it's a secret. There are youtube videos showcasing it, and they haven't gotten taken down. I don't see what the problem is. In any case, I ultimately didn't bother with it, I just used 3.6.
Ehh, It doesn't bother me. I wanted to do that for intense effect..

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
I am having extreme difficulty selecting the alternate stages. I have everything installed and working properly, but as I try to load an alternate stage using the input commands listed in the Google Document, the stage never loads and just goes to the default stage or back to the character select screen. Is anyone able to help? Thank you for your time

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the delay on the new update guys, I've gotten a lot done within the past week. So far I have finalized the costumes and the CSPs for the build as well as add custom fonts for each character. All costumes in the next update will be tourney legal meaning none of the costumes will have altered hit boxes.

I am focusing a lot on polishing for the next update. I have recently decided to add borders for the alt stages in the stage preview.

The borders make it look a lot cleaner. I don't have much left to do so I am hoping on releasing this as soon as I can (probably within the next week or so)

Edit: Full Album of Stages

I am having extreme difficulty selecting the alternate stages. I have everything installed and working properly, but as I try to load an alternate stage using the input commands listed in the Google Document, the stage never loads and just goes to the default stage or back to the character select screen. Is anyone able to help? Thank you for your time
When selecting an alt stage, make sure you are not pressing any other buttons accidentally other than the ones required for the alt stage. Also try tapping select rather than 'A', if you hold A for even just a bit it will just load the default stage. Let me know if you still continue to have the problem!

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Last update before I release the next build!

I heard that it was possible to replace "Invisible Mode" costumes with regular costumes so I decided on implementing this. Originally, I was gonna do a 'Hero' or 'Guest' mode where I would implement costumes from other games (eg. Cloud on Ike), but since there is no way of indicating which character is which since the CSS remains the same, I decided against that. I'll save those costumes for the updated Patt Edition which I will work after.

Note that this will strictly use N64 Costumes obtained from Brawl Vault. Any character without N64 Costumes will use their 'Melee' incarnation.

Mr. Flash

Smash Rookie
Mod looks great, but when I try to download the Homebrew version, the download never starts.

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, the wait is over! The homebrew version of Kapedani's PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.0 is finally released! I've spent quite a bit of time adding as much content as I can and polishing the build!

Now Featuring:
- Over 700 stages
- New Costumes and new and more organized CSPs (will upload all the costume CSPs soon). All costumes should now be tourney legal
- Stylized fonts for the CSS (thanks to PMXP and TheGag96).
- Retro mode replaces clear mode. Pic 1. Pic 2. Pic 3.
  • Characters who have N64 costumes on Brawl Vault will use their N64 costumes for this mode, characters without N64 costumes use their Melee Remastered skin (thanks to AlGeorgeRomo)
  • Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Sonic and Wario have multiple costumes slots for this mode!
- 20 different results screens!
- New Strap Screen
- Reskins for Stage Builder stages
- Music added, list of songs
- An organized My Music
- Various other polishing
- No leaked content

Download
Reformat your SD Cards before installing!

If the results screen is still not working, here is the code file that removes the extra results screens which goes in the code folder. I also noticed that there is a bit of a mistake with Pit's Blue costume which this fixes. These files go in pf -> fighter -> pit, I will be updating the download link with the new files soon.

I am very excited to finally release this build as I feel as it is as complete as it can be! Please let me know if you are having issues or of any bugs and I will do my best to resolve it. I really hope you all enjoy it!

I will work on a new version of the Hackless build, I just have to make stage preview pics for that version as well! I will be uploading both versions to other hosting sites as well as in the past many have had trouble from downloading from mediafire.

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Hey everyone, the wait is over! The homebrew version of Kapedani's PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.0 is finally released! I've spent quite a bit of time adding as much content as I can and polishing the build!

Now Featuring:
- Over 700 stages
- New Costumes and new and more organized CSPs (will upload all the costume CSPs soon). All costumes should now be tourney legal
- Stylized fonts for the CSS (thanks to PMXP and TheGag96).
- Retro mode replaces clear mode. Pic 1. Pic 2. Pic 3.
  • Characters who have N64 costumes on Brawl Vault will use their N64 costumes for this mode, characters without N64 costumes use their Melee Remastered skin (thanks to AlGeorgeRomo)
  • Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Sonic and Wario have multiple costumes slots for this mode!
- 20 different results screens!
- New Strap Screen
- Reskins for Stage Builder stages
- An organized My Music
- Various other polishing
- No leaked content

Download

I am very excited to finally release this build as I feel as it is as complete as it can be! Please let me know if you are having issues or of any bugs and I will do my best to resolve it. I really hope you all enjoy it!

I will work on a new version of the Hackless build, I just have to make stage preview pics for that version as well! I will be uploading both versions to other hosting sites as well as in the past many have had trouble from downloading from mediafire.
... Thank You ...

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
I can't really play this, every time i get to the result screen after a match, the game either freezes or reverts back to vanilla brawl, which crashes the game. I know this is something that happens in normal pm, but I'd really like to know what to do

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I can't really play this, every time i get to the result screen after a match, the game either freezes or reverts back to vanilla brawl, which crashes the game. I know this is something that happens in normal pm, but I'd really like to know what to do
Same problem. The Changing Results screen sounded like a good idea but, The way it was done was really unstable. Is there someway to remove it? Kapedani Kapedani

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Same problem. The Changing Results screen sounded like a good idea but, The way it was done was really unstable. Is there someway to remove it? Kapedani Kapedani
That is very interesting, I've never experienced this, but I did add the multiple results screen in last minute so I didn't have too time to experiment with it, however the few matches I tried, it worked properly. Did no results screen load properly?

Here is the code file that removes the extra results screens which goes in the code folder. I am very sorry about that. I also noticed that there is a bit of a mistake with Pit's Blue costume which this fixes. These files go in pf -> fighter -> pit, I will be updating the download link with the new files.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
@Everyone: Format your SD cards before installing something large like this.

It can sometimes fix weird bugs such as reverting to vanilla files

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
So, I've tested the multiple results screens on Dolphin and everything appears to work as it should! It very well could be an SD Card issue so please reformat before installing!

@Everyone: Format your SD cards before installing something large like this.

It can sometimes fix weird bugs such as reverting to vanilla files
Thanks for the tip Nanobuds! By the way, huge fan of all your work!

Everyone, here is the Gallery of Costumes for Ver. 2.0! I will be uploading easy instructions to run the full homebrew build on Dolphin tomorrow.

I plan to update the list of credits in the OP once I finish up the Hackless version.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
I have not experienced any sort crash upon viewing the results screen, my SD card is set up the proper way. I have played extensively and haven't discovered any technical issues that crash the game.

The only error thus far is Dr. Mario's CSP. When I choose his black color on the CSS, he enters the battle as his white color, and vice versa. Its easily fixable if you know how to edit the CSP and costumes with BrawlBox.

Also, while playing in Retro mode, King Dedede is broken, he only appears as a completely blue model. Bowser is also kind of strange, there are all of these black dots that appear all over his face. Otherwise, everyone else is great.

I can't seem to access Metal Cavern 64, without the HD updates. The stage spreadsheet says its on Mushroomy Kingdom but it doesn't list the input. There are a few other errors on the spreadsheet or SSS, where it says to hold R but you should hold L for that stage and vice versa, etc..

This is by far the most complete build of any available, truly a masterpiece. Thank you so much for putting this together, it is greatly appreciated. I am having a blast with the new Retro mode, such an amazing concept! I adore the costumes and insane amount of stages, this build goes above and beyond.

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
The issues that i listed are not limited to just this build, it occurs with other builds that i have used, along with vanilla pm. It's strange that i have the same issues with every build even though i take all advice and use them wisely. Probably my wii?

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
I have not experienced any sort crash upon viewing the results screen, my SD card is set up the proper way. I have played extensively and haven't discovered any technical issues that crash the game.

The only error thus far is Dr. Mario's CSP. When I choose his black color on the CSS, he enters the battle as his white color, and vice versa. Its easily fixable if you know how to edit the CSP and costumes with BrawlBox.

Also, while playing in Retro mode, King Dedede is broken, he only appears as a completely blue model. Bowser is also kind of strange, there are all of these black dots that appear all over his face. Otherwise, everyone else is great.

I can't seem to access Metal Cavern 64, without the HD updates. The stage spreadsheet says its on Mushroomy Kingdom but it doesn't list the input. There are a few other errors on the spreadsheet or SSS, where it says to hold R but you should hold L for that stage and vice versa, etc..

This is by far the most complete build of any available, truly a masterpiece. Thank you so much for putting this together, it is greatly appreciated. I am having a blast with the new Retro mode, such an amazing concept! I adore the costumes and insane
amount of stages, this build goes above and beyond.
I am very glad to hear you are enjoying it! :D I will fix the Dr. Mario CSPs as soon as I can. The N64 Dedede model is strange, sometimes it works fine, not sure why, but that was the only N64 Dedede I could find on the vault unfortunately. I didn't know about the dots on Bowser though, interesting.

And Metal Cavern 64 should be mapped to Z + A on Metal Cavern. What are the other errors you have noticed in regards to the alt stage buttons?

The issues that i listed are not limited to just this build, it occurs with other builds that i have used, along with vanilla pm. It's strange that i have the same issues with every build even though i take all advice and use them wisely. Probably my wii?
Hmm it sounds like the SD Card is probably faulty. Have you tried using other SD Cards? If not, I would advise to get a new SD card. SDHC cards are not too hard too find and they cost less then 10 dollars.

Reformating is a good idea but My SD Card is Full of Stuff.
Ahh I see, what you could do is make a backup of your current SD Card in your hard drive. Erase all PM related files in that backup. ie. the codes, project m folder and the gameconfig.txt. Then, extract my build in your backup SD folder. Then, reformat your SD Card and then copy all the files from your backup folder to the SD Card.
If you don't want to do that, here is the code file that removes the extra results screens. I can't guarantee though that everything else will work as it should as other issues might pop from not reformatting.

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
My Hard Drive is really the problem. Small Labtop = Less Drive Space.
Yea, I feel your pain haha. Do you not have any external hard drives or USBs where you can temporarily put files on? Or perhaps you could upload files temporarily to sites like MediaFire or Google Drive to make some space?

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Yea, I feel your pain haha. Do you not have any external hard drives or USBs where you can temporarily put files on? Or perhaps you could upload files temporarily to sites like MediaFire or Google Drive to make some space?
Yea I do, I'll use that.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Right now I am working on the Hackless Stage Preview Pics. Because Hackless has much less stages than Homebrew I am able to make the stage preview pics a lot more aesthetically pleasing. I am thinking of making optional preview pics of the Homebrew version that only highlights the best four alts per stage.

The Full Homebrew Dolphin version is currently being uploaded so expect it tomorrow!
I fixed the White and Black Dr. Mario costume swap in the download. If you downloaded the build prior to this post, replace the code in the code folder with this.

Last edited:

TheAmazingMemer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Faves3000
3DS FC
4940-5681-4585
Goddamn, this build is shaping up to be something really special. I hope you figure out the coding wizardry that is 14 costumes per character.

Top Bottom