• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kapedani's PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.1 (feat. 700 Stages, Retro Mode, cBliss & more!) [22/01/2016]

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, after bug testing I noticed a game breaking bug where one of the results screen caused the game to crash, so if you experienced crashes after a match after you have reformatted your SD, this is the reason. To fix this put this file in projectm -> pf -> stages -> melee replacing the current one there.

I have discovered and squashed many other bugs, so I am hoping to release a Ver. 2.01 tomorrow that fixes all of them. I am just waiting on Gaur Plains Omega and Palutena's Temple Omega to be released so I can include them as they are very nice looking stages. I apologize for any bugs you have experienced in 2.0, they should all be fixed in 2.01!

Goddamn, this build is shaping up to be something really special. I hope you figure out the coding wizardry that is 14 costumes per character.
Thanks! :) and that would be amazing. I have heard that people are working on implementing more costumes using BrawlEx so I am looking forward to that. I don't know too much about assembly so I wouldn't be able to figure it out myself, although I may try to learn.

Is there a way to play it right now on dolphin? Or do I have to wait until tomorrow?
Sorry for the wait on Dolphin! I had to fix a lot of the issues, the Dolphin build will be released at the same day as Ver. 2.01.
There is a way to play it, its just involves creating a custom Brawl ISO with costumes and music from the build using Peppy Fiddle (instructions are in the OP) to alleviate space for the virtual SD Card. I was just gonna make it easier by providing the a virtual SD Card with the right files and a zip file with the files to be put in the ISO.

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
And can you please fix the music in this build? Many of the names are wrong in the "My Music" Section. (But Still a Great Build)
Yep, I will look into fixing My Music, I thought I fixed it, but I guess I may have made some mistakes with the song names. And thanks! :)

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Hey everyone, after bug testing I noticed a game breaking bug where one of the results screen caused the game to crash, so if you experienced crashes after a match after you have reformatted your SD, this is the reason. To fix this put this file in projectm -> pf -> stages -> melee replacing the current one there.

I have discovered and squashed many other bugs, so I am hoping to release a Ver. 2.01 tomorrow that fixes all of them. I am just waiting on Gaur Plains Omega and Palutena's Temple Omega to be released so I can include them as they are very nice looking stages. I apologize for any bugs you have experienced in 2.0, they should all be fixed in 2.01!

Thanks! :) and that would be amazing. I have heard that people are working on implementing more costumes using BrawlEx so I am looking forward to that. I don't know too much about assembly so I wouldn't be able to figure it out myself, although I may try to learn.

Sorry for the wait on Dolphin! I had to fix a lot of the issues, the Dolphin build will be released at the same day as Ver. 2.01.
There is a way to play it, its just involves creating a custom Brawl ISO with costumes and music from the build using Peppy Fiddle (instructions are in the OP) to alleviate space for the virtual SD Card. I was just gonna make it easier by providing the a virtual SD Card with the right files and a zip file with the files to be put in the ISO.
Also One of the Final Destination Alts (The brown one) seems to crash for me I'm on Homebrew btw.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
It was a while so I can't remember correctly. I think it was Ganondorf vs Bowser
Hmm, I just tried it and it worked, was this before or after you reformatted your SD Card?

Thanks for the bug report though, I can't fix what I don't know about so I appreciate any kind of bug report! :)

Crystalruby

Smash Apprentice
Smashing Some Nubs (With a Pinch of Salt)
NNID
Crystalruby8
Also, if you don't have the menu Songs Filled up, I'd like to make a request:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13wVdURMjFM
This is a really good remix by Nyx the Shield and I think you should include it in your next update :p
(I mean IF you want to)
EDIT: *DERP* I didn't know you added it already (I just love the song so much)

Last edited:

FeverBlade

Smash Rookie
NNID
TimeRe4per
When extracting 2.0 using 7-zip i get the following output:

C:\Users\[User]\Downloads\Kapedanis PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.0 (Homebrew).rar
Data error : projectm\pf\fighter\samus\FitSamus07.pcs
Data error : projectm\pf\stage\melee\STGDXGREENS_C.pac
CRC failed : projectm\pf\stage\melee\STGONLINETRAINING_Q.pac
Data error : projectm\pf\stage\melee\STGPICTCHAT_E.pac

You might want to look into these.

EDIT: I get the same errors with WinRAR:

C:\Users\[User]\Downloads\Kapedanis PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.0 (Homebrew).rar: Checksum error in projectm\pf\fighter\samus\FitSamus07.pcs. The file is corrupt
C:\Users\[User]\Downloads\Kapedanis PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.0 (Homebrew).rar: Checksum error in projectm\pf\stage\melee\STGDXGREENS_C.pac. The file is corrupt
C:\Users\[User]\Downloads\Kapedanis PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.0 (Homebrew).rar: Checksum error in projectm\pf\stage\melee\STGONLINETRAINING_Q.pac. The file is corrupt
C:\Users\[User]\Downloads\Kapedanis PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.0 (Homebrew).rar: Checksum error in projectm\pf\stage\melee\STGPICTCHAT_E.pac. The file is corrupt

I have downloaded this multiple times and get the same errors every time,

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Kapedani Kapedani Could you show me how I could get the stage preview working like yours (allowing pics higher than 88x88)?

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Version 2.1 is here!

I meant to upload this sooner but I got busy and I was waiting on some new stuff to be released. There were quite a few bugs last release which I have addressed in this new version, this build should be very stable now.

Changelist:

• Fixed loads of bugs, mostly related to the random results screens and certain freezes on stages
  • Included new stages such as Palutena's Temple (Wii U) by DSX8 and Edwguard Flows, Omega Gaur Plains and more! (check the stagelist for the complete list)
  • New costumes! Cadet ZSS and Blue Yarn Kirby by Theytah! Corrupt Phazon Samus for red team colour, Nebula Samus for green team colour. New CSPs for Samus and Mewtwo by Nanobuds! Check the Costume Gallery!
  • New title screen by DSX8
  • New and updated music, and more accurate My Music page. Music List
  • New voices for Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong (now use modern voices)
Note: The file size increased from the last build, right now it is at 3.82 GB. It does not fit my 4GB SD Card anymore, however you can make it fit by deleting the STGEDIT stages from projectm/pf/stages/melee, this just deletes the extra stage builder skins which most of you probably aren't too interested in anyways.
This is a very large build so
REFORMAT YOUR SD CARD BEFORE INSTALLING!

Hope you all enjoy! Any feedback is greatly appreciated, let me know if you encounter any bugs!

Full Dolphin build will be available either tonight or tomorrow!

Kapedani Kapedani Could you show me how I could get the stage preview working like yours (allowing pics higher than 88x88)?
The resolution of the preview pics in the thread are a lot greater than what they appear in game, however most of the stage preview pics in the in game are either 100 x 100 or 144 x 144 (I made the stages with a lot of alts 144 x 144 so it is clearer to see the alts). I did this by lowering the resolution of the game emblems and series emblems.

I built a custom ISO but the game soft locks when choosing a stage, any help? (dolphin using the WAD and wbfs as ISO)
Hmm, how did you make the custom WBFS? And do all the stages freeze or just the stage expansion stages?

thank you!
how would i change the picture and the name tho?
You have to open mu_menumain.pac with BrawlBox, go under MenuMain_en -> TextureData[14] and apply these textures to the right locations. Then, you have to go to MiscData[1] and change Invisible to Retro as well as the descriptions. I will make a retro pack to make it easier soon.

When extracting 2.0 using 7-zip i get the following output:

C:\Users\[User]\Downloads\Kapedanis PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.0 (Homebrew).rar
Data error : projectm\pf\fighter\samus\FitSamus07.pcs
Data error : projectm\pf\stage\melee\STGDXGREENS_C.pac
CRC failed : projectm\pf\stage\melee\STGONLINETRAINING_Q.pac
Data error : projectm\pf\stage\melee\STGPICTCHAT_E.pac

You might want to look into these.

EDIT: I get the same errors with WinRAR:

C:\Users\[User]\Downloads\Kapedanis PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.0 (Homebrew).rar: Checksum error in projectm\pf\fighter\samus\FitSamus07.pcs. The file is corrupt
C:\Users\[User]\Downloads\Kapedanis PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.0 (Homebrew).rar: Checksum error in projectm\pf\stage\melee\STGDXGREENS_C.pac. The file is corrupt
C:\Users\[User]\Downloads\Kapedanis PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.0 (Homebrew).rar: Checksum error in projectm\pf\stage\melee\STGONLINETRAINING_Q.pac. The file is corrupt
C:\Users\[User]\Downloads\Kapedanis PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.0 (Homebrew).rar: Checksum error in projectm\pf\stage\melee\STGPICTCHAT_E.pac. The file is corrupt

I have downloaded this multiple times and get the same errors every time,
See if you are getting the same issues with the new version! :)

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Version 2.1 is here!

I meant to upload this sooner but I got busy and I was waiting on some new stuff to be released. There were quite a few bugs last release which I have addressed in this new version, this build should be very stable now.

Changelist:
  • Fixed loads of bugs, mostly related to the random results screens and certain freezes on stages
  • Included new stages such as Palutena's Temple (Wii U) by DSX8 and Edwguard Flows, Omega Gaur Plains and more! (check the stagelist for the complete list)
  • New costumes! Cadet ZSS and Blue Yarn Kirby by Theytah! Corrupt Phazon Samus for red team colour, Nebula Samus for green team colour. New CSPs for Samus and Mewtwo by Nanobuds! Check the Costume Gallery!
  • New title screen by DSX8
  • New and updated music, and more accurate My Music page. Music List
Note: The file size increased from the last build, right now it is at 3.82 GB. It does not fit my 4GB SD Card anymore, however you can make it fit by deleting the STGEDIT stages from projectm/pf/stages/melee, this just deletes the extra stage builder skins which most of you probably aren't too interested in anyways.
This is a very large build so
REFORMAT YOUR SD CARD BEFORE INSTALLING!

Hope you all enjoy! Any feedback is greatly appreciated, let me know if you encounter any bugs!

Full Dolphin build will be available either tonight or tomorrow!

The resolution of the preview pics in the thread are a lot greater than what they appear in game, however most of the stage preview pics in the in game are either 100 x 100 or 144 x 144 (I made the stages with a lot of alts 144 x 144 so it is clearer to see the alts). I did this by lowering the resolution of the game emblems and series emblems.

Hmm, how did you make the custom WBFS? And do all the stages freeze or just the stage expansion stages?

You have to open mu_menumain.pac with BrawlBox, go under MenuMain_en -> TextureData[14] and apply these textures to the right locations. Then, you have to go to MiscData[1] and change Invisible to Retro as well as the descriptions. I will make a retro pack to make it easier soon.

See if you are getting the same issues with the new version! :)
Okay this time, I'll Reformat.
Like Right now..

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Alright here is the full set of instructions for those who want to play the full build on Dolphin. Basically it involves moving some files to a custom Brawl ISO to make room for all the stages and other stuff in the virtual SD Card as Dolphin cannot currently emulate more than 2GB Virtual SD Cards.
  1. Get a NTSC Brawl ISO.
  2. Download Peppy Fiddle by Rukario. This software allows you to make your own custom ISO
  3. Extract the contents of the rar file
  4. Download this rar file and extract the contents to the Peppy Fiddle folder created after extracting the Peppy Fiddle rar file.
  5. Open your Brawl ISO with PeppyFiddle.bat and follow the instructions. The end result will produce a WBFS file that is essentially vanilla Brawl that contains some of the files from this build (eg. Costumes and Music)
  6. Download this virtual sd card and place the virtual SD card in Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii.
  7. Open ‘Dolphin’. Go to File -> Browse for ISOs. Select the Folder the RSBE01 (Custom) wbfs file is in (made in Step 5). This will make the custom Brawl appear under the the Game Library. Right click on the custom Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Set As Default Iso.
The following steps are for if you never have used the Dolphin emulator to play PM, if you have played PM on Dolphin before, you are good to just open your boot.elf and launch the game:
  1. Go to config, then choose the "Wii" tab. Check "Insert SD Card"
  2. Download WAD file.
  3. Go to Tools, then install WAD. Then select the WAD file downloaded in previous step.
  4. Download boot.elf
  5. Click "Open" then select the boot.elf file from above.
  6. Click "Launch Game"
Let me know if you have any difficulties in setting this up!

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman

that would be great! And thank you for telling me how I would go about it myself

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
So I did the instructions for the for the dolphin but I get invalid read right after the build name shows then disapears, I just want to play this so bad

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
So I did the instructions for the for the dolphin but I get invalid read right after the build name shows then disapears, I just want to play this so bad
Are you launching the game using boot.elf? And if you are, go under config options in the gecko menu and make sure SD Cheats is set to 'Yes'. I'll do my best to help you get it working! :)

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
I use Gecko's Boot.elf, should I use yours?
Naw, yours should be good, I think they are all the same. You have no problems launching PM regularly on Dolphin right?

Also, did you make sure that the virtual SD Card for the build is placed in Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii?

Last edited:

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
Naw, yours should be good, I think they are all the same. You have no problems launching PM regularly on Dolphin right?

Also, did you make sure that the virtual SD Card for the build is placed in Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii?
Yes, I did all those things, and all of my other builds work fine, I will double check however, I will rebuild the wbfs file

Last edited:

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice

I got it the go through, but the game still soft locks when choosing any stage, I just did FD normal

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Yes, and its a guaranteed happening
I see, I am going to get someone to test it out and I'll report back to you. I'd say try compiling it one more time and see if it makes a difference. Its strange that first time the error was an unable to read error and now its a 0fps issue

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Ok, thank you for your help.
I got a friend to test it out and they got it to work, so I am not too sure what exactly the issue is. I'd say try following the instructions once more from scratch and see if it makes a difference, let me know if it still continues to not work and we'll try to figure out the issue.

I'm not seeing a WBFS file being created after using Peppy Fiddle. What am I doing wrong?
This sometimes happens, not sure why, I think it's just a bug in the program. Check your file space though, because the wbfs file won't be created if you don't have enough space (leave aside 6-7 GB of space). If you have enough space, try running the program again.

Any mac substitution for Peppy Fiddle?
Hmm, I'm not too sure. I'd say your best bet is to use Wine. I don't have a Mac myself so I can't really experiment with what works. But you may have to use QtWitGui (OS X version) and Wiimms ISO Tool (mac binaries) to convert the ISO into folder format, replace the fighter and sound files in vBrawl with the ones in my build, then convert it back to ISO format. Rough instructions for this method are listed here under the 'old method'. If I get my hands on a Mac, I will try it myself and post more detailed instructions, but if you feel like trying to do it yourself go ahead and let me know if it works or if you have any questions!

I just uploaded mirrors for those who have trouble downloading from MediaFire.
Homebrew Mirror
Dolphin Full Mirror and sd Mirror

Also, one of my friends took pretty sick screenshots of the build which can be seen if you click the below image!

Last edited:

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
I got a friend to test it out and they got it to work, so I am not too sure what exactly the issue is. I'd say try following the instructions once more from scratch and see if it makes a difference, let me know if it still continues to not work and we'll try to figure out the issue.
I retried everything and now i'm back to crashing at the build logo

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Are you dead-certain that retro mode isn't crossing any lines? Even though it technically never existed, it still rubs me the wrong way.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Are you dead-certain that retro mode isn't crossing any lines? Even though it technically never existed, it still rubs me the wrong way.
I mean, The April Fools Video was "Project M for Nintendo 64!" and people decided that it was a retro mode for PM.
I would say its okay although, I think it should be removed.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
I mean, The April Fools Video was "Project M for Nintendo 64!" and people decided that it was a retro mode for PM.
I would say its okay although, I think it should be removed.
I see your concern, however all retro mode in my build is, is replacing the costumes in clear mode (FitSpyXXXX.pac) with N64 costumes/Melee costumes obtained from Brawl Vault, it's not any different from replacing regular costumes. There is no leaked PMDT content involved. Plus, Nanobuds liked the Ver. 2.0 post earlier in the thread where I introduced Retro Mode and also commented with advice on getting the build to work so I am assuming that it is okay. If a member of the ex-PMDT told me that they were not okay with it, I wouldn't have included it, but I haven't received any such messages.

I retried everything and now i'm back to crashing at the build logo
I'm sorry that its not working :( I'm guessing that it is not compiling properly. Do you receive any kind of weird occurrence or error messages as it is compiling?

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I see your concern, however all retro mode in my build is, is replacing the costumes in clear mode (FitSpyXXXX.pac) with N64 costumes/Melee costumes obtained from Brawl Vault, it's not any different from replacing regular costumes. There is no leaked PMDT content involved. Plus, Nanobuds liked the Ver. 2.0 post earlier in the thread where I introduced Retro Mode and also commented with advice on getting the build to work so I am assuming that it is okay. If a member of the ex-PMDT told me that they were not okay with it, I wouldn't have included it, but I haven't received any such messages.

I'm sorry that its not working :( I'm guessing that it is not compiling properly. Do you receive any kind of weird occurrence or error messages as it is compiling?
I only say to remove it because of the fact that not every character has a N64 Model.
I know you used the Melee Remastered Costumes but the problem with that is, The FitXXSpy.pac doesn't use any facial expressions, causing the non N64 models to have all of their Expressions mushed into one. (Which is creepy if you ask me)

Top Bottom