• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kapedani's PM 3.6 Build Ver. 2.1 (feat. 700 Stages, Retro Mode, cBliss & more!) [22/01/2016]

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
I only say to remove it because of the fact that not every character has a N64 Model.
I know you used the Melee Remastered Costumes but the problem with that is, The FitXXSpy.pac doesn't use any facial expressions, causing the non N64 models to have all of their Expressions mushed into one. (Which is creepy if you ask me)
Ahh, I didn't know this. I guess I didn't look too in depth into the melee costume's facial expressions. Still though, any costumes for clear mode is better than clear mode imo. Plus a little more than half the cast do have n64 costumes, which is why I ultimately decided to make a 'retro mode'

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry that its not working :( I'm guessing that it is not compiling properly. Do you receive any kind of weird occurrence or error messages as it is compiling?
Nope, I feel like its something im not doing right on my end, maybe someone should do a video on how to install this with dolphin, seem's I'm not good at written instruction :p

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Kapedani Kapedani How'd you change the My Music pages? I've been trying to change them myself since the default template makes it look awkward.

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Nope, I feel like its something im not doing right on my end, maybe someone should do a video on how to install this with dolphin, seem's I'm not good at written instruction :p
Aha I'll see about setting up a video or pictures for installing on Dolphin. Based on what you've said, I am thinking it is more of an issue with the virtual SD Card rather than the custom Brawl ISO because you said that the strap screen loaded, and the strap screen is located in the custom Brawl ISO.

Kapedani Kapedani How'd you change the My Music pages? I've been trying to change them myself since the default template makes it look awkward.
I am not too sure to be honest. I used Theytah's menu as a base, and then applied Anti's background to it, and since My Music is part of the main menu file, the My Music layout came with Theytah's menu. You'd be best to ask Theytah as he would definitely know more.

thorn96

Smash Rookie
I'm can't seem to the load the other stages when holding the combination. Do you need the gamecube controller to load them?

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I'm can't seem to the load the other stages when holding the combination. Do you need the gamecube controller to load them?
No, What controller are you using?
If Classic Controller Pro then,
A=A
B=B
X=X
Y=Y
L=L
R=R
Z=LR (the back button)

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
By any chance, do you have a home brew build without all the new stages and n64 mode? Just the cBliss?

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
By any chance, do you have a home brew build without all the new stages and n64 mode? Just the cBliss?
Not yet, but because quite a few people have been requesting it, I will eventually make a build with vanilla Project M but with all the costumes from this build.

If you want, I could provide instructions of how to import all the costumes to the build your using.

Last edited:

thorn96

Smash Rookie
No, What controller are you using?
If Classic Controller Pro then,
A=A
B=B
X=X
Y=Y
L=L
R=R
Z=LR (the back button)
I'm using the original classic controller . But I still can't load the alt stages, even on the ones that don't require Z.

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
I'm using the original classic controller . But I still can't load the alt stages, even on the ones that don't require Z.
Hold the button, then tap start while holding the button required for the stage to load.

Awesome, thanks for compiling the updated skins! I will be working on finishing the Patt Edition hopefully this weekend.

As for things I am planning to do:
Update and fix the Patt Edition
Make Ver. 2.1 Hackless, which will feature the same costumes as Homebrew and retro mode, but with less stages
ISO Builder for Hackless
Higher Res Textures for Dolphin
Create a build that has all the features of the current build, but porting it to be compatible with BrawlEx to add costumes and characters!

For that last one, so far I am planning on adding Waluigi (when it is released for PM) and Ridley. But if you guys have any suggestions of who else to add let me know! I only will add good quality, finished characters that are designed with PM in mind (ie. have fall speed similar to PM characters, proper air dash etc.)

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Hold the button, then tap start while holding the button required for the stage to load.

Awesome, thanks for compiling the updated skins! I will be working on finishing the Patt Edition hopefully this weekend.

As for things I am planning to do:
Update and fix the Patt Edition
Make Ver. 2.1 Hackless, which will feature the same costumes as Homebrew and retro mode, but with less stages
Create a build that has all the features of the current build, but porting it to be compatible with BrawlEx to add costumes and characters!

For that last one, so far I am planning on adding Waluigi (when it is released for PM) and Ridley. But if you guys have any suggestions of who else to add let me know! I only will add good quality, finished characters that are designed with PM in mind (ie. have fall speed similar to PM characters, proper air dash etc.)
Yea Waluigi and Ridley are the only ones that I know of..

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
I found that using the brawl ISO instead of the wbfs helps, though still freezes on stage select, no 0FPS just might be loooooooong loading times. I am looking further into the issue
EDIT: more testing with wbfs: subspace works, mewtwo and roys announcer calls are missing, so I thinlk its is an issue with the wbfs, anyone mind posting their's to see if that is the issue?

Last edited:

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
I found that using the brawl ISO instead of the wbfs helps, though still freezes on stage select, no 0FPS just might be loooooooong loading times. I am looking further into the issue
EDIT: more testing with wbfs: subspace works, mewtwo and roys announcer calls are missing, so I thinlk its is an issue with the wbfs, anyone mind posting their's to see if that is the issue?
Mewtwo and Roys announcer calls as well as the other SFX are located in the virtual SD Card, so I'm thinking its an error with the virtual SD Card setup.

Last edited:

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo and Roys announcer calls as well as the other SFX are located in the virtual SD Card, so I'm thinking its an error with the virtual SD Card setup.
Then is it possible that the SD card givin is missing files? EDIT: replacing the sd card with the one provided still causes freezing @ stage selection and missing sound stuff, manually installing files into card for better results. EDIT2: I have no idea whats going on, all other SD cards work dolphin seems just refusing to inject this one, I have even tried different cards and nothing. I think the thing has it out for me.

Last edited:

R3TR0

Smash Rookie
I am a Dolphin user and some stages freeze the game for me too (FPS counter still shows 60 FPS). What I've also noticed is that Zero Suit Samus uses her default skins, not the Smash 3C one DarkStar's ZSS Next Mission Pack.
I played the 2.0 version and I liked it a lot so I'm looking forward to the complete Dolphin version, keep up the work!

EDIT: I just noticed, but why are some moves changed? I only checked Kirby and Zero Suit Samus, but it seems like some of their moves have been replaced by different ones.

Last edited:

gfry23

Smash Rookie
hey its Geoffrey the guy that made the videos for you build i was looking around here and you said you were going to add new characters that have the same project m feel? well i did try out ridley myself love him would be a great addition to your build and would love to see waluigi but have you ever heard of Project Ganondorf ? its a mod that gives stock gandonorf a second move set and also adds a completly new gannondorf as a new character the only problem is its not 100% finished i mean as far a balancing goes but it plays great already and it the new gannondorf goes over pit same as Ridley does but i think it would be a great idea if you even just added the part were Stock Gannondorf gets 2 move sets

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
hey its Geoffrey the guy that made the videos for you build i was looking around here and you said you were going to add new characters that have the same project m feel? well i did try out ridley myself love him would be a great addition to your build and would love to see waluigi but have you ever heard of Project Ganondorf ? its a mod that gives stock gandonorf a second move set and also adds a completely new gannondorf as a new character the only problem is its not 100% finished i mean as far a balancing goes but it plays great already and it the new gannondorf goes over pit same as Ridley does but i think it would be a great idea if you even just added the part were Stock Gannondorf gets 2 move sets
Right now, that mod is horrifically balanced, so until update comes out it should stay seperate

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Then is it possible that the SD card givin is missing files? EDIT: replacing the sd card with the one provided still causes freezing @ stage selection and missing sound stuff, manually installing files into card for better results. EDIT2: I have no idea whats going on, all other SD cards work dolphin seems just refusing to inject this one, I have even tried different cards and nothing. I think the thing has it out for me.
Hmmm thats so strange, when you load the game through Gecko does it say SD Codes Found when you launch the game?

I am a Dolphin user and some stages freeze the game for me too (FPS counter still shows 60 FPS). What I've also noticed is that Zero Suit Samus uses her default skin, not the Smash 3C one.
I played the 2.0 version and I liked it a lot so I'm looking forward to the complete Dolphin version, keep up the work!

EDIT: I just noticed, but why are some moves changed? I only checked Kirby and Zero Suit Samus, but it seems like some of their moves have been replaced by different ones.
How did you set up the build in Dolphin, did you follow the instructions listed under Dolphin Full?

hey its Geoffrey the guy that made the videos for you build i was looking around here and you said you were going to add new characters that have the same project m feel? well i did try out ridley myself love him would be a great addition to your build and would love to see waluigi but have you ever heard of Project Ganondorf ? its a mod that gives stock gandonorf a second move set and also adds a completly new gannondorf as a new character the only problem is its not 100% finished i mean as far a balancing goes but it plays great already and it the new gannondorf goes over pit same as Ridley does but i think it would be a great idea if you even just added the part were Stock Gannondorf gets 2 move sets
Hey Geoffrrey, thanks so much for all the videos on this build!

In regards to Project Ganondorf, I probably won't add him to the build just because I want this build to be tourney legal, ie I want all the characters to be the same as in 3.6 just so people can still be able to have competitive matches and still practice their mains. I could add him to the BrawlEx build however, I don't really want 2 Ganondorfs in the CSS screen. I think PyotrLuzhin is developing a code where you can hold R to load an alternate moveset (something akin to Giga Bowser and WarioMan), so if he ever releases that I will definitely include him that way. Project Ganondorf is an great mod however, if you want to use him with this build, the installation should be the same as noraml. You would just replace the correct files and add this code to the gct: 04AD8A64 00000142 with BrawlBox. If you need help with this, let me know!

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
Is N64 Dedede supposed to be all blue?
The creator of a model mentioned that it is a known issue, I haven't had the issue myself, but yea sometimes N64 Dedede is all blue for whatever reason unfortunately.

Yes,and trust me I know this is weird
Yea, that is very weird, are you using the newest version of Dolphin? If you aren't, maybe try that and see if anything changes?

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
The creator of a model mentioned that it is a known issue, I haven't had the issue myself, but yea sometimes N64 Dedede is all blue for whatever reason unfortunately.

Yea, that is very weird, are you using the newest version of Dolphin? If you aren't, maybe try that and see if anything changes?
I'm using the newest version that doesn't require Windows 10, or that script thing, version 4.0-8237

R3TR0

Smash Rookie
How did you set up the build in Dolphin, did you follow the instructions listed under Dolphin Full?
Yes I did, there were no problems occurring while following the instructions. I've got the RSBE01 (Custom).wbfs and everything, set it as default ISO and moved the SD card into the Dolphin/Wii folder under Documents etc. What Dolphin Version are you using?

D

Deleted member

Also, Luigi has a tiny head and invisible hand. However, I picked up another N64 Luigi. Can I just rename it to fitluigispy.pac/pcs?

Kapedani

Smash Apprentice
I'm using the newest version that doesn't require Windows 10, or that script thing, version 4.0-8237
Hmm, so just to be clear: The game loads, but does the main menu appear normal or is it vBrawl? And is the character selection screen normal? This is so bizarre because it seems like some files in the SD Card are loading and some are not. What is the Gecko Hook Type you are using?

Yes I did, there were no problems occurring while following the instructions. I've got the RSBE01 (Custom).wbfs and everything, set it as default ISO and moved the SD card into the Dolphin/Wii folder under Documents etc. What Dolphin Version are you using?
I am using the latest one. What other odd things are you noticing, does the announcer voice work when you select Mewtwo and Roy? And also what about the moveset was different? And does every stage freeze or only certain ones, just tryna figure out if its a problem with the wbfs created or the sd card.

Also, Luigi has a tiny head and invisible hand. However, I picked up another N64 Luigi. Can I just rename it to fitluigispy.pac/pcs?
Yep, exactly!

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, so just to be clear: The game loads, but does the main menu appear normal or is it vBrawl? And is the character selection screen normal? This is so bizarre because it seems like some files in the SD Card are loading and some are not. What is the Gecko Hook Type you are using?
Default, should I use a different one?, and the PM stuff appears over the vbrawl

WEK-Sector Pirate

Smash Apprentice
I see, thats what I usually use, but maybe try the VBI hooktype and see if that makes a difference
Nope, nothing I wish I could just send over my setup and troubleshoot as such, but that seems a bit troublesome, thanks for all the help however EDIT: I recompiled the wbfs with only the files in the dolphin build, stopping me at the build name again

Last edited:

[ H ]

Smash Rookie
Bro i just want to lt you know that your build is amazing and complete! i was wondering with the new pm + brawlex thingy , and i wanted to ask you if that coul d be used on your build to add clones ? (like waluigi , ridley etc) would it work ? thanks man !

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Bro i just want to lt you know that your build is amazing and complete! i was wondering with the new pm + brawlex thingy , and i wanted to ask you if that coul d be used on your build to add clones ? (like waluigi , ridley etc) would it work ? thanks man !
You can't. The Codeset will conflict with this bulid's codeset

sambosje

Smash Rookie
Well, you could just export the PM+BEX code to txt with GCTEdit, do the same with your Codeset, do a diffcheck and replace and add the values from the BEX one to your codeset. Don't forget to add the whole BEX file structure. Or you could add your custom code to the BEX codeset, beware of CBliss tho because that would't work.

Last edited:

R3TR0

Smash Rookie
I am using the latest one. What other odd things are you noticing, does the announcer voice work when you select Mewtwo and Roy? And also what about the moveset was different? And does every stage freeze or only certain ones, just tryna figure out if its a problem with the wbfs created or the sd card.
1. Yes, the announcer voice does come up when selecting Mewtwo and Roy. I quickly browsed through all characters and there are no problems on my end, he announced every character I selected.

2. Some examples of different movesets (Not to familiar with the names so I'll refer to some of them to what I pressed or what I did)
I can't say which other characters also have different movesets since I played a bit with Kirby and Zero Suit Samus. What I also noticed was that Kirby's Up + B into Side + B is not working on your build (Horizontal Final Cutter).

3. I tested a bit (thank god for Dolphins Save States) and presume the following:

To create a default environment, I used Zero Suit Samus and Lucas CPU (both use Default Skins)

->ALL stages I selected when using Default Skins loaded perfectly(I haven't used the alternative stages too much, they do load, but I can't use complex key combinations on a keyboard; every main stage I tried loaded so I assume all will load).

->The stage "Mushroom Kingdom" doesn't have music (or rather only a short music clip). I can't tell if other stages have the same issue since I don't want to check every single stage.

->When NOT USING the Default Skins, the SSS freeze CAN occur, Cadet ZSS causes this for example while the Black Zero Suit doesn't.

TL;DR Roy and Mewtwo announcer works for me, movesets are changed, skins are probably the cause of loading freezes (for me at least)

*ZSS uses the models from PM, not DarkStar's Next Mission Pack

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Has anyone tried Mewtwo2000's GCT Fusionizer?

Top Bottom