• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kantplay Open Mafia: Rarefaction | Game Over!

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
wait chaco why did you even vote me. how am i being scummy im literally so lost. its like bingo all over where people just say im scummy and never give a reason

Chaco

Never Logs In
wait chaco why did you even vote me. how am i being scummy im literally so lost. its like bingo all over where people just say im scummy and never give a reason
I voted you due to your reactions to my unvote on D1, how you got on me for correcting my read. Looked like you were pushing down that avenue, that and you've just been a lacking presence toDay. That's tbd still. I'm still up in the air at this point.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
yeah i have i know my new job is long hours. i was driving 10 hours the other day, it wears on yiu

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I agree with that. That's all fine and whatnot, I'm just saying that it correlated strongly to your last scum play. Almost verbatim, so that's why I voted to see what you'd do and what others thought.
I really don't see this being the case.

And if it was similar, I think you as town would have been more likely to point out why it was this so it was clear. This is where my issue is in the fact you were far too vague on this pointing to a game I was scum in but not really the why.

To your actual reasoning, I'm still skeptical. You claimed to have nailed me in two posts when I was doing was trying to see who was going to independently give me information and their own interpretation of what happened. I use this to read people. What I am questioning is where in Bingo did I do this?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I really don't see this being the case.

And if it was similar, I think you as town would have been more likely to point out why it was this so it was clear. This is where my issue is in the fact you were far too vague on this pointing to a game I was scum in but not really the why.

To your actual reasoning, I'm still skeptical. You claimed to have nailed me in two posts when I was doing was trying to see who was going to independently give me information and their own interpretation of what happened. I use this to read people. What I am questioning is where in Bingo did I do this?
Multiple times. I could go back and quote it but I don't really see the need at this moment, the fact you're so actively trying to bring scrutiny to it is funny. Not quite sure what to make of that, guess we'll see if we hit rarefaction.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Multiple times. I could go back and quote it but I don't really see the need at this moment, the fact you're so actively trying to bring scrutiny to it is funny. Not quite sure what to make of that, guess we'll see if we hit rarefaction.
Makes you look opportunistic.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Nope. You misrepping info.
Chaco please be real with me here.

Why were you that sure I was scum with in 2 posts. I might be misreading or missteping, but if I wanna read you as town over possible two others in rarefaction I need you to give me an idea of you coming up with this.

Why were you this sure on this?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Apologies for the delay.

A lynch has been reached!

Votecount

#HBC | Rake [4] - #HBC | Dark Horse, Cream Team, Gheb_01, Chaco
Cream Team [1] - #HBC | Rake.

Not voting: #HBC | Red Ryu, Cassavetes

#HBC | Rake., Vanilla Townie, has been lynched!

The game enters Rarefaction.

Group A

2. #HBC | Red Ryu
5. Gheb_01
9. #HBC | Dark Horse

Group B

1. Cream Team (Gorf|Gargaglione)
6. Chaco
7. Cassavetes

You may only vote for players in your group. Each group contains one member of the mafia.

#HBC | Red Ryu is Town aligned.

With 3 in a group it takes 2 votes to lynch.

Deadline is October 20th at 11:59pm CST.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
There is one scum in both groups and we need to lynch both or we auto lose.

Gheb and DH cross vote absolutely I will be the one who votes to hammer in that group.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Our group isn't as clear cut, but I've liked Gorf this game. Imo, Cassa is where I've bee suspicious of anyways.

Glad your claim checked out.

Vote: Cassa

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
yea this games as good as between gheb and dh. right now id say dh but i might reread if i have to.

Cream Team

Gargaglione|Gorf
@MOD what happens if one group correctly lynches mafia while the other group is still deciding?

Kantrip

Kantplay
@MOD what happens if one group correctly lynches mafia while the other group is still deciding?
Once a lynch is decided by majority, the flip will be posted immediately, even if the other group has not reached a lynch yet. If the lynch is mafia, the two townies from that group may continue to give input and play continues.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vote DH

Gonna see if there's anything specific I can dig up that actually incriminates him ... considering how little he posted it'll be hard to find connections.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Page 4 from DH:

Chaco push is atrocious. I quite liked his approach and the fact that he pulled off showed that he is able to consider some other options and not **** like "hurr durr that was too quick." I think that Rake is just being dumb (it's raketarded for a a reason), but Sokr's push feels a lot more like he's trying to get on something (That "wordy" point is terrible). As such, Vote: Sokr

I like cassy. He's done a good job of explaining his thought process under pressure so far.
This all seemed well and fine back then but I'm not sure about it now. His support of Cassa and the double standard in how he approaches Chaco and Sokr seem pretty opportunistic in retrospect.

Nice backpedaling
How was Sokr "backpedaling" any more than Chaco was? To me it looks like DH successfully tried to appease Chaco away from pushing Cassa for good and set the tracks for lynching Sokr here.

Page 5:

@ Chaco Chaco
@ Cream Team Cream Team
@ Cassavetes Cassavetes

vote sokr when yu can. past that ill take xat but vastly prefer the former for informations sake. i give no ****s about any of yalls alignment atm
i feel like semper is reeeeeally just tryna prove a point, and that on a rake scum or sokr town flip they absolutely deserve the noose.
I can see where you're coming with this and I think it would be worth looking into if they do flip town.
Pretty sure DH deserves death for this one alone ... the nudge is real here.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The people like Dark Horse or Gheb for that matter really need to explain what they saw in Sokr, DH especially given that I still don't like how he played his vote yesterday.
I saw an opportunistic leap followed by grody-*** backtracking. I've already explained why l unvoted and revoted like I did. Furthermore, why did you unvoted in 154?
Staged much? Cass wants DH "especially" to tell him what he saw in Sokr but doesn't demand a more specific answer from DH than that? That's not a lot from somebody he supposedly doesn't like. As if to prove the point that this interactions is staged, Cass ignores DHs very specific counter-question. His answer, which does come only a page later is "it's not important to me". Really? Cass says it's not important why Cass unvoted Sokr when that was exactly the thing he supposedly disliked about DH?!?... And DH takes no further issue with that? What's the actual point of these questions other than to pretend that you guys don't like each other?

Well that was like nothing. Surprise surprise.

I know I said that Rake was being dumbtown, and I still stand by that, but I just realized how destructive dumbtown can be in this game. If rake makes it to rarefaction with his terrible reads (CT? Seriously?), he could cost the town his group, and therefore cost town the game. As such, Vote: Rake

I don't get why xatres is up for lynch when he's very likely going to be replaced in the next couple of days (assuming he continues to be this active)

Cass you still need to answer my question
Pretty bad post by DH. I just don't know anymore ...

Word.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Conclusion: DH is individually scummy and he makes a lot of sense as Cassa's scummate ... who happens to be the scummiest player in the other group of 3. Let's do it!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Less get that flip on Cassa, @Kantrip

Even though Gorf and I balled on him in group a

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Vote: Gheb

Sorry I'm late guys
This all seemed well and fine back then but I'm not sure about it now. His support of Cassa and the double standard in how he approaches Chaco and Sokr seem pretty opportunistic in retrospect.
Chaco and Sokr were two very different situations and I have no idea how you're drawing parallels. Chaco was the first person to actually go after Cass. Sokr jumped on immediately after rake did. Chaco backed away under no pressure. Sokr backed away the moment people started calling him out for his terrible leap. The fact that you're actually trying to call me scummy because I approached two different situations differently just shows how much you're reaching

How was Sokr "backpedaling" any more than Chaco was? To me it looks like DH successfully tried to appease Chaco away from pushing Cassa for good and set the tracks for lynching Sokr here.
As I said, you don't see a difference between a guy backing out while there was no pressure and a guy backing out the very moment people start calling him out on a bull**** post?

Page 5:
Pretty sure DH deserves death for this one alone ... the nudge is real here.

I personally find it difficult to pursue someone after they flip town but hey with the right attitude I guess it's possible.

Staged much? Cass wants DH "especially" to tell him what he saw in Sokr but doesn't demand a more specific answer from DH than that? That's not a lot from somebody he supposedly doesn't like. As if to prove the point that this interactions is staged, Cass ignores DHs very specific counter-question. His answer, which does come only a page later is "it's not important to me". Really? Cass says it's not important why Cass unvoted Sokr when that was exactly the thing he supposedly disliked about DH?!?... And DH takes no further issue with that? What's the actual point of these questions other than to pretend that you guys don't like each other?

You can't really say that I've been ignoring it if I haven't been posting this at all. This rest of this relies on cass scum, which, as I'll get to in a moment, is something you've pulled out of your ass.

What makes what I did different from what CT did? And you're actually calling me out for bull**** "double standards?"

==========================================================

So, now to convince all of you people why gheb is scum.

Gheb throughout then entire game has tried to maintain a balance of having a presence without having to do anything unique. A good example is his approach to the early Cass/Chaco conflict. Was he posting? Yes. Was it anything more from, "Answer a question, I have no opinion on that?" No.

Why are you sure that you voting him is the reason he's voting you?

The only stance he throws down is an easy as **** one on rake,

followed by a vote on an inactive. It's only afterwards where we finally see him take a stance on a relevant player (sokr). What does he start doing after attaacking sokr? Avoiding questions and pursing more inactives

@Xatres

Wanna get lynched toDay?

And what does he do next? Agree with his scum read on "all of his reads"

Agreeing with these reads pretty much.

Unvote Vote Semper Hardbody

And then proceeds to vote the very same person his early scum read is voting. Once he proceeds to vote this, what enlightening reasons do we get for why he's scum? "Nah, try harder"

Honestly, that feels almost too obvious to be true. But I guess it's not a bad plan to lynch either Rake or Sokr toDay. Or Xatres. Or Dark Horse.

And here he is back to being all right with lynching a person whose reads he "pretty much agrees with." Furthermore, he adds me to the list out of nowhere. This continues of Gheb suddenly changing his reads with no indication of justification given.

And that about sums up his D1 play. It should be noted that it isn't like I went through and cherry picked his post: This is almost all he had done that day. Yes, a person who contributed so little really did have the gall to go after inactives

Then D2 rolls around. We see gheb try to justify his hammer, as well as once again call everyone idiots.

I mean, I don't think you're wrong in disliking Cassa's play but I think marshy's reasoning was better. We could lynch him or anybody else except you and me toDay imo :p

Gheb's list of people he'd be fine with lynching has expanded to even more people! This guy is willing to lynch anyone!

I also like the contrast between gheb's earlier "try harder" to Marshy's cass scum,, and now saying that his reasonings better. This is what I mean by "bull****" cass read: his palette has suddenly expanded to include cassscum despite no indication otherwise, aside from his scum read flipping town.

Honestly, much of Gheb's D2 is a continuation of D1, we see him vote xatres, and rake. The only noticeable thing he then did was to yell at Ryu to "Try trying," which is quite funny considering the last person who he said that too.

And yeah, that's pretty much everything gheb's posted. Guy must love his cotton candy.

Top Bottom