• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
omg DYC that double 18x chain was so nice XD 43,000 Pts was it?
oh and the Dair into falcon punch in the team matches, and the jiggs double rest Lol so epic.

Random match we did today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8EYVeJNT14
For some reason we decided to go to Great Bay o_O it turned out pretty interesting.
"...Yes!...Yes!...Yes!..Yes!....Yes!..Yes!" XD

DYC

Smash Champion
Always a pleasure to introduce new people into what it means to be good at TA/PPL.

However, time trial is all about your own skill yet at the same time, has absolutely nothing to do with your opponents. So I guess I like both VS and time trial.
Your opponent's skill level doesn't affect your game persay, but it's not like you play the match and it's like Player A got 13000 pts! Player B got 4000 pts! Everyone wins! Good work guys! There is still a winner and a loser. This is just a winner and a loser based solely on that person's skill.

Also VS. mode matches are incredibly boring and drag on and on, but let me give you the experience that forever burned in my mind how ******** versus mode is.

My cousin and myself are playing TA in versus one Sunday for the first time in forever. We had been always playing time trial. We both raise our stacks to the top of the screen and clear the entire stacks. The game then drops a garbage block that is about 1.5x the size of the screen on both of us and I lose because her's dropped a little bit sooner. The sheer fact that we were good enough to clear all the blocks on the screen meant that we did not have blocks to start getting rid of the garbage block.

You should not have to dial back your skill in a game on purpose because of how the game is structured. It would be like being able to waveshine someone into a tree to 300% but if you did then you would fall asleep and they could falcon punch you. Games should not punish you for being good. Versus does, Time Trial does not.

Edit: Oh and one last thing, and I'm sure you all knew this was coming.

You sure talked a whole lot of **** and didn't back any of it up. Didn't you? People like you are the worst kind of people. People who think they are amazing at a game and will talk inordinate amounts of **** without realizing that they don't know a thing.

I don't care what you have to say. You had your chance to back up your words. Hell I wouldn't have even cared if you had just manned up and played and afterwards just been like "****, I guess I really didn't know what I was talking about". Instead you took the chance to make a bunch of excuses to avoid playing. You are now just another person in the long list of people who have talked a bunch of **** and been unable to back it up. Around here we have a word for people like that. Noobs.

You know who you are. Hell I'd venture everyone knows who you are. Good Day Noob.

Cups

Smash Ace
Listen DYC I'm sorry man, you're right, I'm a huge noob and I don't know what I was thinking. I will practice harder and hopefully improve my skills. Until then please be patient with me and my noobness and I would greatly appreciate it.

DYC

Smash Champion
That's an example of why you shouldn't counterpick a level you aren't used to with a character you aren't used to. Not the level's fault Forward owns on Japes lol.

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
I can kinda understand where DYC is coming from with the Vs Mode is stupid thing. In VS mode, you win the game by your opponent sucking, not by you being good. However, time trial is all about your own skill yet at the same time, has absolutely nothing to do with your opponents. So I guess I like both VS and time trial.
I just realised... This is not a very epic 5000th post.

N64

Smash Champion
So interesting story about me and japes.

I loved japes for a while with pika, because there are soooo many quick attack tricksies. Sooo many. And tail spiking into the river owns. I was well on my way to making it a common counterpick of mine. Then one day I counterpicked Cort there (supergood NE peach, anyone worth anything knows him), and he countered falco.

I got *****. Raaaaaped. I've never countered Japes since.

Summary: **** falco + japes.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Always a pleasure to introduce new people into what it means to be good at TA/PPL.

Your opponent's skill level doesn't affect your game persay, but it's not like you play the match and it's like Player A got 13000 pts! Player B got 4000 pts! Everyone wins! Good work guys! There is still a winner and a loser. This is just a winner and a loser based solely on that person's skill.

Also VS. mode matches are incredibly boring and drag on and on, but let me give you the experience that forever burned in my mind how ******** versus mode is.

My cousin and myself are playing TA in versus one Sunday for the first time in forever. We had been always playing time trial. We both raise our stacks to the top of the screen and clear the entire stacks. The game then drops a garbage block that is about 1.5x the size of the screen on both of us and I lose because her's dropped a little bit sooner. The sheer fact that we were good enough to clear all the blocks on the screen meant that we did not have blocks to start getting rid of the garbage block.

You should not have to dial back your skill in a game on purpose because of how the game is structured. It would be like being able to waveshine someone into a tree to 300% but if you did then you would fall asleep and they could falcon punch you. Games should not punish you for being good. Versus does, Time Trial does not.

Edit: Oh and one last thing, and I'm sure you all knew this was coming.

You sure talked a whole lot of **** and didn't back any of it up. Didn't you? People like you are the worst kind of people. People who think they are amazing at a game and will talk inordinate amounts of **** without realizing that they don't know a thing.

I don't care what you have to say. You had your chance to back up your words. Hell I wouldn't have even cared if you had just manned up and played and afterwards just been like "****, I guess I really didn't know what I was talking about". Instead you took the chance to make a bunch of excuses to avoid playing. You are now just another person in the long list of people who have talked a bunch of **** and been unable to back it up. Around here we have a word for people like that. Noobs.

You know who you are. Hell I'd venture everyone knows who you are. Good Day Noob.
Yeah, I am a noob. After I saw you play, I chickened out like a *****. I am sorry.

Cups

Smash Ace
wait so he wasn't talking about me and NBA Jam then? i just saw dyc draining three after three with john stockton and dunking from half court with carl malone and i got scurred then.

edit: this is a joke, dyc can't beat me at anything.

edit2: 300th post, *enter 300/Spartan references here* I'll start you guys off: "300th post? That's pretty much madness!"

N64

Smash Champion
wait so he wasn't talking about me and NBA Jam then? i just saw dyc draining three after three with john stockton and dunking from half court with carl malone and i got scurred then.

edit: this is a joke, dyc can't beat me at anything.

edit2: 300th post, *enter 300/Spartan references here* I'll start you guys off: "300th post? That's pretty much madness!"
MADNESS? THIS...is actually quite reasonable. Congo rats mr. Coops.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
And that's actually a pretty weak Wakarusa Fest this year.
Im seriously considering going to it. Any of you smashers going? I would go see Ben Folds the next day, as he is my hero, but I dont know if I can afford to go the whole weekend since Im seeing Radiohead tomorrow and They Might Be Giants (twice) in Kansas City in a couple weeks.

Agh.

Also, two pikachu mains just posted in a row. You guys know the rules...you have to lock the thread now.

N64

Smash Champion
Also, two pikachu mains just posted in a row. You guys know the rules...you have to lock the thread now.
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii just wanna tell you how i'm feeeliiin
Gotta make you understaaaand

soz any of you kansas folk travelling acrossi the country for the best melee tourney since brawl? in GA? early june? yes?

Cups

Smash Ace
whew, i thought i was going to have to get buck on someone or slump them or read them like suess or poop magoop you . . .

what?

D

Deleted member

so i heard something about a tournament on the 24th...

information plox?

SamDvds

Smash Ace
lol cups, were having a smashfest or two this weekend (friday and saturday) one in alton illinois, and the one in chesterfield is on saturday. just hit up the StL thread for info!

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
so little sonics, and even less diddys..... i remember the days of sonic....life was hard.... that spring always did get me out of a tough situation though...

Jesi

Smash Ace
Listen up Smashers!

Due to a ridiculous amount of grad parties going on this Saturday, including ones I was just invited to like a couple days ago, many of the smash community will not be able to make it tonite. I am also recovering from a nasty cold...ew.

so

Barrio Smash has been canceled for today (May 17)

The kitty party will be rescheduled for May 31st, the weekend after the tournament. Sorry everyone, but practice up for next weekend! :)

Please let all your friends know so they don't show up because they didn't read the boards. I know this is late notice...sorry, I thought I'd at least be feeling better by now :\.

CFMV

"The Marf"
Dammit I just wasted 2 gallons of gas driving to the Barrio and back because I haven't been home all day to read the boards and nobody called me.

CFMV

"The Marf"
If I had no friends, I would have been at home at my computer where I could have read the boards. Quit acting like a DYC

Top Bottom