• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jace08

Smash Lord
there better be a gen messing dudes up this weekend

if not I'll settle with rooting for daigo

revenge on jbm will have to wait

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
No one is going to NE.... you will be at my house watching the SF stream.. and then playing melee in my basement. No reason to drive 3 hours to play melee in some other dude's house (not as nice as mine). I only considered going to this tournament in the first place because I assumed it was a legitimate affair and not a house tourney..

Jace if you go to this tournament I will ****ing murder you...
Outside of the charity UNO tournament (that I helped organize) the last couple of tournaments that were ran at actual venues got less attendance than the ones that were ran at a small apartment that smelled terrible. 5 people and 7, consisting of some combination of me/jbm/david/tyser/devon, and the UNO charity event does not buck this trend either, but tbh, the Iowa brawl players often inflate the number of melee players who enter my tournaments, though I average at least 7 more attendants. I mean, if we had this at a venue and the number of participants was the same (+ like 3 people), and it would have a venue fee, it doesn't add up. I'll try and do a tournament there or somewhere if the atmosphere of the tournament matters to you the most.

I am literally the only person who does legitimate melee tournaments in Nebraska. Welcome to the apocalypse.

revenge on jbm will have to wait
:(

Small round robin tournament it is.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Considering Flash Metroid plays about 6 characters in bracket it's rare that you'll get to see that of all things out of him.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
does Justin's T. Hawk even really count, dmac? He only used it to beat Vangief, then he was getting blown up by Snake Eyez with it before he went back to Rufus and made it close again.

only1Z

Smash Champion
He just copy pasted from the interwebz SB. I actually can't remember if he's pulled any other chars out of the depths besides those two extras.

AnDante

Smash Cadet
I'll be passing by (not moving in) on the evening of the 13th and 21st. are there any plans to smash on those days?

rpotts

Smash Lord
In Lawrence or in KC? Sorry, I know you posted a few pages back but don't feel like searching through the madness that this thread has been the last few weeks. I'm in Lawrence and would be down for games probably either or both of those nights.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Well I can't speak for everyone but I'd venture a guess that on the 13th most of our KU students would be done with finals, unless they had a late one Thursday evening or one on Friday. The 21st is definitely after finals though Jace will probably be back home in Olathe by then. I'd bet there will be more people willing to play in Lawrence than in KC for both of those dates. On the 13th we could possibly have up to 7 people, depending on schedules and whatnot.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Does anyone want a 27" CRT? It'd be free if you come to pick it up, or like $5 if I need to bring it to a smashfest.

@AnDaLe: If you could pass through Lee's Summit on either of those days we could play for multiple hours. I'd love to have some practice for APEX.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Who's the third high school kid? Lol, AnDante is going to drive to Topeka to play HondaFoo, stop in Lawrence to play us bros, hit up Olathe to play Jace and the high schoolers, head up to OP to play darkrain and jturtles, then head further east to Lee's Summit for games with Strong Bad and Fishburne, lol.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Oh, well Keither isn't a high school kid... Anyways, Jace, Adam and I want to play some games this week, Adam and I are free in the afternoons pretty much all week, I'm free after 4:00, Adam's done a bit earlier, but Jace's schedule's a bit more tight. Anyone down for games some evening/night this week in Lawrence?

AnDante

Smash Cadet
Who's the third high school kid? Lol, AnDante is going to drive to Topeka to play HondaFoo, stop in Lawrence to play us bros, hit up Olathe to play Jace and the high schoolers, head up to OP to play darkrain and jturtles, then head further east to Lee's Summit for games with Strong Bad and Fishburne, lol.
This sounds like a trip actually haha. I might actually do that. Everyone PM their numbers so i can get this figured out.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
If anyone in here wants to carpool to Apex for pretty cheap, hit me up please! :)

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Yo I played with Andale a few times in League/Skype so I'm pretttty sure I know who AnDante is (aka the same guy aka KC Anthony #2)

dmac

Smash Champion
why is this even a discussion just ask him. darkrain's link was also pretty clear. i hate you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rpotts

Smash Lord
I'm sure that when he returns to the thread he will notice the discussion and elect to clarify. No need to directly ask him dmac, relax.

AnDante

Smash Cadet
Yes, it's andale. My old account was banned. This thread is too funny though haha.
What's the order of places I can smash at from closest to furthest from wichita?

rpotts

Smash Lord
lolMassive

Since HondaFoo Mtembe said he'd just come to Lawrence when you were driving through the order of possibles, who have actually show'd interest goes->

335 N to Topeka -> I70 E to Lawrence

Smash in Lawrence with myself, Honda, possibly Jace, Z, dmac, Adam, Adambro and perhaps quote.

K10 E -> 435 E to OP -> I35 S to Olathe

Smash in Olathe with RFrizzle and perhaps Mat, Keither and Jace if he's back at his folks' by then.

435 E -> 470 E to Lee's Summit

Smash in Lee's Summit with Strongbad and whoever else he can assemble.

Top Bottom