• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Massive

Smash Champion
Since everyone going is just going to show up at my place on Friday anyway, maybe we should just leave from there.

It will actually take less time than from phats, and we don't even have to get on I-70 since we're not going through STL on the way there.

Jace08

Smash Lord
^I'm fine with this

we have 11 dudes now. Are you guys ready for the jace van

or does anyone else have a car that holds 6?

Jace08

Smash Lord
^rezo's comin :)

i thought jace van was going to explode at any second?
yeah... our chances aren't too good on even making it there without breaking down. I'm okay with taking it, but it's kind of a big risk in ruining everyone's day. The mileage is also pretty terrible

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Actually town, looks like there's a SRK hookup tomorrow that considering we got a tournament the next day, and I have a new game I've gotten little offline competition against so far that I should probably attend. But I'll PM you my phone number anyway for future events.

town913

Smash Cadet
Actually town, looks like there's a SRK hookup tomorrow that considering we got a tournament the next day, and I have a new game I've gotten little offline competition against so far that I should probably attend. But I'll PM you my phone number anyway for future events.
You're all good. Just hit me up if you end up deciding to go to massivesmash

only1Z

Smash Champion
what info dump, you come out to massives tomorrow night at 5-7. might as well come packed

inb4 everyone abandons this smash except the true believers, EXCELSIOR

dmac

Smash Champion
So..... our driving situation is going to be rough

One car and jacevan or three cars?
darkrain, jesi, z, strongbad, phat and I have no car options

Who's going to pick up z tomorrow?

:phone:

Massive

Smash Champion
We can sign it at the venue, nobody in this group requires parental supervision.

So..... our driving situation is going to be rough

One car and jacevan or three cars?
darkrain, jesi, z, strongbad, phat and I have no car options
I have AAA if you want to drive the Jacevan. If it doesn't break down, fuel costs will triple for occupants of the van (assuming Jace wasn't exaggerating about single digit mileage). I dropped a bit of money getting my car ready for this trip, so I'm planning on taking it. If Rezo's actually coming he can be my relief driver (thank god).

Who's going to pick up z tomorrow?
I was under the impression you were going to.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
is rezo sure he's going? did he pre-reg? kishprime says that he can't add more people anymore, the pools are set.

pyroty

Smash Apprentice
We can sign it at the venue, nobody in this group requires parental supervision.

I have AAA if you want to drive the Jacevan. If it doesn't break down, fuel costs will triple for occupants of the van (assuming Jace wasn't exaggerating about single digit mileage). I dropped a bit of money getting my car ready for this trip, so I'm planning on taking it. If Rezo's actually coming he can be my relief driver (thank god).

I was under the impression you were going to.
I know you probably don't trust me as much as the robot, but I'm not 13 anymore, and I've driven 450 miles straight in an extended cab truck with a 22' trailer loaded down with about 5000lbs of cargo in 50+ mph winds through the mountains of Wyoming... I think I could handle your car if you'd like a backup relief driver. Lol

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Dang, tough luck guys. At least now you can eat and play infinite friendlies

How many rounds of pools will there be?

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
So how did everyone do in their pools in terms of wins and losses? How did Jace do against Landon Cox and IrishMafia?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
jace 2-0'd DoH on stream
then lost to two other dudes irish mafia included

me jace and darkrain are the only ones that made round two, unless phat did (he was hanging with old gamer guys last night afaik and i never heard about it)

my r2 pool is hax wobbles trail mattdotzebb little england ripple and b-ryan

darkrains pool had mango in it, dunno who else

didnt get a glimpse of jace's

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
Cool things I saw while watching the FC stream chat -

peefsmash: Jace looks so much different than he did a year ago 0_o
peefsmash: Jace got tall and handsome
peefsmash: Jace used to have the worst acne I had ever seen now he has beautiful skin

I can't wait to see what he says when Darkrain comes on

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
let the record show, that darkrain was a ***** and took me to brinstar.

that being said.... I would have been absolutely dominated in that top 8 round robin so good **** for putting me out of my misery early.

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff guys. Watched the streams all day at work. A buddy of mine recently moved up to Lawrence and would like to play with ya'll. From reading the posts it looks like they are held at Massives. What time are they usually held and where can I get the address/directions there?

Dave you can get your sack of oranges ready.

Top Bottom