• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jace08

Smash Lord
jfro's on to me! Sorry man of course I wish you could've been there too

Okay. So I'm making a short film.

First let me say that I'm really sorry to be springing this on you all at the last minute. My intent was to talk about it this weekend in person and gauge your interest/feedback. Unfortunately, things are going to have to go a lot faster than I'd imagined for it to get made.

The actor I got from KU's theater department can only come out and shoot with us tomorrow night, and no other Saturdays this semester (b/c of theater commitments). I have to shoot the film before the semester ends because only students in certain classes can check out KU's expensive cameras/equipment.

Luckily, you guys just have to play yourselves, and no one needs to prepare for their character/lines or anything. I'll talk about the story specifically with as many of you as I can before Saturday night (through aim or a phone call)

I promise I won't portray any of you in a bad light. I know I sound all serious but it's a comedy and I think everyone's actually gonna have a lotta fun. Especially when we watch the finished product. So I need your support. Everyone please come out to smash tomorrow!

The film's very important to me, but If anyone prefers not to participate I completely understand and won't hold it against you.

buzz-roll

Smash Rookie
Hi! Turns out I'm in town tonight, and was hoping to get some games in if there's a smashfest going on. Where and when?
I can bring a set-up if that would be appreciated (or not if it's extraneous- crt/melee/p:m).
Thanks hope to meet you guys later!

Jace08

Smash Lord
cool I look forward to meeting you man

can somebody bring a pair of sunglasses? The bigger and cheesier the better ><

buzz-roll

Smash Rookie
Okay so I haven't actually been before, so I'll need you to give me directions, so hopefully someone sees this pretty soon? I can pm you my phone number! And set-up yes/no?

Jace08

Smash Lord
thanks again everyone for your help last night. I'd say things went pretty well given our rushed circumstances

depending on how busy school keeps me, I hope to be showing it to you all in about 3-4 weeks

buzz-roll

Smash Rookie
Anyway yeah, thanks for the awesome games and it was great meeting the people I was able to! I'm sorry about the early exit, but the hope is to make it to even more of those especially once I'm back in town (the whole summer). It was awesome how friendly everyone was!

And RFrizzle, that sounds awesome, but again I'm in Wichita for about another month so... after I'm back!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Assuming ya'lls didn't go to STL this past weekend, big melee tourney in Omaha this weekend

David/JBM/Sm3esh/Majik have all confirmed for this weekend's tournament, I'm not sure about Tyser. I'd be surprised if we didn't get 13 people (at $10) for melee without OOS.

Big Burn Matt Murnan came out of retirement this past tournament, so you never know who's gonna come.

Jace, if you remember, Jman of SD via SC, is going to Japan in a few months and wants to see you there, as 4 players from SD are coming for melee and lots of hugs. They are military so they won't be taking part on any of the 4/20 activities.

People are starting to play a bit more now that EVO is around the corner and David specifically has been challenged by M2K to get better. He is going to be in KS/NE the last week of June/first week of July, there's gonna be a big tournament in KS June 29th and then in Omaha July 6th the week before EVO with all 4 smash games/UMVC3/Probably Super Turbo.
http://smashboards.com/threads/get-...-megaman-july-6th-2013-omaha-ne.323699/page-2
Link to that.

only1Z

Smash Champion
Probably whoever left a stream of poop up along the wall and toilet when the TBueno evacuated their bowels.

Cups

Smash Ace
you guys should read jace's new roughdraft screen play involving withey skipping leg day and thomas succumbing to tentacle hentai

Moonwalker

Smash Cadet
Yo Z, my bad for not bringing Megaman X8 up to Massive's this week, I can give it to you anytime this week or Darkrain's this weekend for sure.

Also, Massive's was fantastic as always. Shame some of you guys are getting sick, how does Donkey Kong get healed Strong Bad? I'll find a way to heal everybody, just lemme come up with a most ridiculous plan.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yo Z, my bad for not bringing Megaman X8 up to Massive's this week, I can give it to you anytime this week or Darkrain's this weekend for sure.

Also, Massive's was fantastic as always. Shame some of you guys are getting sick, how does Donkey Kong get healed Strong Bad? I'll find a way to heal everybody, just lemme come up with a most ridiculous plan.
Why in the hell would anyone WANT TO PLAY Mega Man X8?

Top Bottom