• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Jace08

Smash Lord
his department just sounds like a bunch of lazy *******s.
not cool z. I was skeptical at first too. But I now know how deeply indebted I am to them for doing their jobs well (especially to one professor in particular, but anyway)

and yes I sign up early ><

massive why you so good with trollers????

only1Z

Smash Champion
all of my HSES classes are forced mtwthf at 8 am cause they're the only one, you shouldn't be lucky enough to get a bogus schedule twice in a row!

rei_vincent

Smash Ace
Yulai and Dekline should be there.

A guy named Shinku is also probably gonna enter (Iowa guy I believe)

It's always surprising how many people actually play melee in the FGC

Jace08

Smash Lord
all of my HSES classes are forced mtwthf at 8 am cause they're the only one, you shouldn't be lucky enough to get a bogus schedule twice in a row!
dang that really sucks

niiice, I get to see yulai

and playing dekline again would be an epic blast from the past

only1Z

Smash Champion
You can take a trip to snap city my friend, I'm gonna start working out in Robinson this semester. That place is beast.

:phone:

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Divekick, Fighting is Magic, Injustice, and Blazblue shouldn't even be on the list. 3 of those games are not even finished and have no firm release dates, and the 4th has a new update that is available in arcades at the moment, but has no console release. I really do feel like they just really don't want Melee in. Everyone saw the action it got in the polls.

Cups

Smash Ace
there's an fb event, don't worry jace it is the worst advertised tourney in the history of the world, here are the details.

Moved to start time out to 3PM to give out of towners a little more time.
Tentative Schedule
10AM- Doors open
11AM -Registration Starts at
3PM - Start both KOF and SF
ASAP - Start Persona and Tekken Tag 2 as KOF winds down
ALSO - Start UMVC3 as SF comes to a close
THIS WAY - we can knock business out of the way so that we can have EXFUNTIMES like teams and other games (depending on participation)

VenueFee - $5 (goes directly back to the scene)
KOF - $10
SF - $10
P4a - $5 (unless participants want to go for $10)
Tekken Tag 2 - $10
UMVC3 - $10

5919 NW 63rd Ter, Kansas City, Missouri 64151

Cups

Smash Ace
tourneys that start at 3pm are always legit, right? must be big time if it takes 4 hours for registration

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
The STLBARWARRRZZZ tourney had like 40 people attend. It was the first of it's kind. THIS GAME IS NOT DEAD YET DAMNIT
see yoo guys tomorrow

only1Z

Smash Champion
Melee is dead and brawl is the 10 year old autist running around in it's loosely fitting skin, tripping all over the place.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
melee is pretty dead, and the stlbarwarz tournament was where I went last weekend. There was about 25 entrants, and most of them were fgc players
Was the setting pretty cool though? I dunno something about it seems very appealing to me, was thinking about going to the next one if they do it again

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
It looked awesome besides for marvel *******s commentating like *******
And there were like 5 new players which is kinda hype for melee idk. In any case a conflicting account (backed up by records of the tourney) had like at least 30 entrants and I only foresee growth. I'm excited for this stuff
And a majority was for defs smash players

Massive

Smash Champion
Melee is not dead, it's dieing.

As the landscape currently stands, it is not going to end with any speed, it will be very gradual.
That is, unless smash 4 is actually a good game, then it will end very rapidly.

edit: I've had 4 events in the last 3 weeks at my place. I'd prefer not to have to host the aftersmash if at all possible, lol.

Jace08

Smash Lord
I assumed dark would host tonight since massive did last week, and I'd come by after the tourney

dunno if that's the case though. Darkrain can you clarify?

Top Bottom