• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Cups

Smash Ace
i'm going to use this post to ask papermarkis if he wants to brawl (lol) even though i have his phone number, his AIM name, and he lives two doors down in the Res Hall in lieu of all the anger.

dmac

Smash Champion
nebraska results

singles
1. dorkrain (dk)
2. david n/cue (snaaaaaaake)
3. smeesh(peach)
4. joker ( snake)
5. dmac (fox)
5. tyser(ddd)
7. jesi! (zelda)

dont remember anyone else.... but there were 64 entrants and it was pretty tough competition

doubles

1. dark/dmac
2. joker/schism(spelled strange, dont remember exactly
3. ashen/west
4. pyro/xion

30 teams for doubles, and the doubles tourney went first and dark and i actually lost in winners to joker/schism in semis cause of 3rd strike, but came back through losers and won 2 sets. ashen,west,pyro,xion did super good... ashen/west were in winner's finals and baaaaaaaaaaaaaaarely lost to joker/schism. super fun tourney. ashen,west,pryo and xion all left after doubles though :( if they stayed for singles the they'd probably be up there as well :)

you guys should have come (those who didn't, you jerks)

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Tourney is over and girlfriend is out of town for 3 weeks. Could this be the glorious return of phatgamer?!

EDIT: On a side note, the ongoing bet between who would get laid first between me and z is done. I win.

darkrain

Smash Ace
Good clux at the tournament. Anybody who didn't come you all missed out on some good times. Omaha tournaments are always the ****t.

I mean, I guess it's cool that Phatgamer finally lost it, but bragging about it over the internet is probably the worst way to tell people... anyway if that guy does decide to show up after 2 months of nothing.. we're definitely gonna give him a hard time. Sorry Phat.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Phatgamer I want to high five you but like... I'm not sure you're my friend anymore. I don't think I even remember your face....maybe if we see you again I might remember you.... maybe -_-

On another note, that tournament WAS AWESOME!!! so fun omg and I learned so many new things with zelda. I got beat by smeesh both times to be eliminated and both were extremely close matches. Next time though, I know what to do. BUAH HAHAHAHAHA.....

In any case i'm totally hyped for barrio smash now. UGH I <3 SMASH BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...I'm totally a darkrain fan girl :p

EDIT: I just wanted to add something in...

Wanted to say thanks to Mr. Jay Rizzle for comin' out to the tournament. We had some good times in teams and didn't do half bad! He was also really cool and supported me through singles a lot so I owe him a TY! :D

BTW. Someone should totally bring Mario kart this weekend if I don't already have it.... :p

dmac

Smash Champion
phat you know the drill, pics or bring her over, or you are a giant piece of **** ****** lying sack of fat who has decided to not have friends anymore

only1Z

Smash Champion
Well now that she'll be gone for 3 weeks, this will be the only time to acknowledge us, maybe another tournament will start up afterwards too.

dmac

Smash Champion
markis it wasn't really a bet it was just me being an ******* taunting the two of them to get a ****** wrapped around their *****. if phat is telling the truth... then... i might... have to stop making fun of phatgamer.... oh god no....

Jace08

Smash Lord
Congrats to those of you who placed in the Nebraska tournament. I would have liked to have gone, but I was shooting a movie for my video class.

Oh, and more congrats to Dmac who won the Gamenut tournament. Your low percent shine spike kill on me during finals was crazy. Even though the rules were screwed up (3 & 4 player free-for-alls?), it was a fun first tournament for me.

Jesi

Smash Ace
Jesi's Moonlight Madness (iii)~diamond Ed.~

COME ONE COME ALL TO THE GREATEST EVENT THIS WEEK!

WHEN: SATURDAY-MAY 3, 2008
WHERE: 6627 E 15th Terr.
KCMO, 64126
Down the driveway and into the back door!
TIME: 5PM

WHY:

I had TOO GOOD of a time this last weekend and I hope to share that with you guys! This is of course THE FIRST BRAWL TOURNAMENT of the Moonlight Madness Series. So we aptly gave it a newish title. For those of you who have never been to a Moonlight Madness. Keep in mind that MaDNeSS will, indeed, ensue.

Here are the RULES:

Singles and Doubles
3 stock - 6min time limit (Doubles is just 8 min limit)
Best 2 out of 3
Finals best 3 out of 5
...or whatever seeing as how last MM finals suddenly became best out of 11 lol
Double elimination
You may get 1 random reset per person
Dave's Stupid Rule Applies
Advance Slob Picks
And rules are subject to change at my whim lol....

Levels On Random:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

Available for Counter pick:
Traditionally Jesi's MM allows anything but don't be lame. If you're lame Jay Ray might beat you up. You think I'm kidding....

ENTRY FEE:
NONE :) However, do bring a few dollars for a pizza fund. Cause I'll make sure there is pizza this time around. But you are always welcome to go up to Qt for grub of course! :D

SINGLES PRIZES:
1st Place: Pineapple Upside Down Cake
2nd Prize: A dozen peanut butter cookies
3rd Prize: A pint of Ben and Jerry's

TEAMS PRIZES:
1st Place: 2- 12 pk of Soda 1 barqs 1 mountain dew
2nd Place: 2- 2 Liters of Soda 1 lemon lime, 1 DP
3rd Place: 2 - 1 liters of Soda 1 Coke, 1 Pepsi

Alright! There it is folks. Hope to see you all this weekend for a little fun and good times! :D

Also, for those of you who are eliminated early I'm sure there will be some other games going on too :D

Xion DarkRose

Smash Apprentice
SINGLES PRIZES:
1st Place: Pineapple Upside Down Cake
2nd Prize: A dozen peanut butter cookies
3rd Prize: A pint of Ben and Jerry's
**** First and second place, I want the ice cream!

nebraska results

ashen,west,pryo and xion all left after doubles though :( if they stayed for singles the they'd probably be up there as well :)
Thanks for telling us about the Nabraska tourny, we had alotta fun. Wish we could have stay'd for the singles though, but it was waay past Ashen's bedtime =P. Naah, we had to get back cause I had work in the morn.. Maan the whole trip was awsome! (except the part were we almost ran out of gas.. =___= )

i think i want to have a lesbian relationship with zelda. she's that good.

that is all.
o______________________________________________________o
Well thats.. an interesting turn of events.. yup.. lol

DYC

Smash Champion
The man in me will do nearly any task,
And as for compensation, there's little he would ask.
Take a woman like you
To get through to the man in me.

Storm clouds are raging all around my door,
I think to myself I might not take it any more.
Take a woman like your kind
To find the man in me.

But, oh, what a wonderful feeling
Just to know that you are near,
Sets my a heart a-reeling
From my toes up to my ears.

The man in me will hide sometimes to keep from bein' seen,
But that's just because he doesn't want to turn into some machine.
Took a woman like you
To get through to the man in me.

Cups

Smash Ace
I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD TAKE THE BAIT, GET EM DYC AND Z!!!

tellin' you man, should have googled the lyrics first

Top Bottom