• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
something i'd like to mention is that the ic's grab limit is utterly pointless if the ic knows how to incorporate fair to ice block to regrab, which is what hylian/melee1 use to circumvent that rule.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
That's why you have CP bans. I can understand that you're trying to make it fun, but the game is competitively played. Most tournaments, or at least the big ones that matter, aren't going to go out of their way to make the game more fun for you. You go to a tournament to win. And last I checked, at high levels of play you're not playing against a character, you're playing against another player. What tier the character they play is in is irrelevant.

All these extra rules and **** just make everything unnecessarily complicated. But whatever, it's not like any of this affects my character anyway. As for "play-to-win" tactics that take 0 skill: if that were the case, then anyone with even the smallest amount of skill would be able to avoid these tactics. Just sayin.

D

Deleted member

As for "play-to-win" tactics that take 0 skill: if that were the case, then anyone with even the smallest amount of skill would be able to avoid these tactics. Just sayin.
link vs falco, gg

Cook

Smash Master
So, BC, do I need to pick you up or not? Could you post the address of the place you'll be again? Also, your phone number if you have a cell phone would be handy.

Fino

Smash Master
That's why you have CP bans. I can understand that you're trying to make it fun, but the game is competitively played. Most tournaments, or at least the big ones that matter, aren't going to go out of their way to make the game more fun for you. You go to a tournament to win. And last I checked, at high levels of play you're not playing against a character, you're playing against another player. What tier the character they play is in is irrelevant.

All these extra rules and **** just make everything unnecessarily complicated. But whatever, it's not like any of this affects my character anyway. As for "play-to-win" tactics that take 0 skill: if that were the case, then anyone with even the smallest amount of skill would be able to avoid these tactics. Just sayin.
Again, I'll state these were taken directly from hobo
HOBO 11 (planet zero brawl)
10/4/08

1: M2K (meta)
2: Azen (lucario/meta)
3: Lee (meta)
4: DMG (wario
5: DSF (snake/meta)
5: Roy_R (marth)
7: Edrees (peach)
7: Hylian (GW/meta?)
9: Chuck (meta/pkmn)
9: Ky (pit)
9: Dojo (meta)
9: Magik (meta/pkmn)
13: Mr. 3000 (sonic/ddd)
13: Infinity (meta)
13: Ultamate Razor (snake)
13: Axe (wolf)
17: Fliphop (diddy)
17: Domo (meta)
17: UTD Zack (GW)
17: Dr. Mario Kart (meta)
17: Light
17: Santi (Tlink)
17: Xyro(SAMUS!!!)
17: Thien (diddy)
25: Nynja (diddy)
25: Lee Harris (rob/meta)
25: Zori (olimar)
25: Ice (snake)
25: Kown (pit)
25: Affinity (meta)
25: Bad News Bear (pika/wolf)
25: Bwett (yoshi)
33: T-Rex (snake)
33: ArturitoBurrito (ike)
33: Kira (marth/snake
33: Bluejay (mario)
33: Kosmos (peach/ZS)
33: Vash (pit)
33: Kalo (marth/wolf)
33: Sethlon (falco)
33: Salocin (meta/fox)
33: Furbs (yoshi)
33: Carnage (meta)
33: Gar (falco/marth)
33: C.Y. (falco)
33: Dingding (link)
33: Broli (fox/marth)
33: Axxo (falco/meta)
49: Kado (falco)
49: Mr.Sir.Dr.Daddy
49: Chaddly
49: Zeton (fox)
49: Trela
49: Gea
49: Heytallman (lucas)
49: Sam388
49: Swoll (ganon)
49: Toast
49: Tuxedo Maniac (wario)
60-112=pool players who didnt make it out
112... but that's right, hobo was always a small tournament.... O_o?

Also, where did this tier argument come from? I was jk with affinity, but then again... you missed the fact that this was taken directly from HOBO.

Also, NoJ Doesn't have any skill right? Oh, I forgot... he's only one of the best. I guess you're right again KY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-rUKGJVvZg

If lain really comes, I'll take out the IC infinite, to stop you from johning so much. OMG, fino is trying to make a legit tournament... he's taking out all the gay crap that makes the game actually good.

Let's look at this holistically. How many people will be playing DDD in the tournament? Affinity... and that's a maybe, he'll probably go MK all the way. Say, by some chance that affinity, or anyone else (not trying to pick on him), picks DDD; how many people will be playing the 5 characters he can infinite grab? No one that I know. It's the infinite grab that is banned, you can't counter pick that. It's a standing infinite, meaning he can be anywhere to do it. Now, how many people will be playing IC's in the tournament? Well, I'm the only one skilled enough to use them and maybe win, but I'm going olimar all the way.
Ask Zeton how gay it is to play a pikachu. I beat Zeton using him, and I'm not at all a good pikachu. Of course, you can say, don't get grabbed, but I won with a grab spamming pikachu. I only did it because it was friendlies and I didn't believe stealth when he told me you just dthrow fox to beat him. Imagine you losing money over something incredibly ******** like that. Sorry, you can do it at a big tournament, but on a small scale like mine, I'm not having it. I want to keep things fair, I want to play my opponents, I want to have a fun game that people can enjoy. Is it too much to ask for?
Apparently, because wichita seems to like getting homo'd up the ***. Fine with you guys. If there are two people playing, and you agree to say **** fino's rules, we're doing it anyways that's completely fine with me. Go on ahead and do it. If it's that important to you, I won't get in the way.

I'm done. I really don't care and I'm tired of being *****ed at for making a fair game. Don't come if you don't like it.

~Fino

EDIT:Do any of these apply to me? No, I don't play DDD, and none of my tournament mains can be infinited. I already stated the IC argument, and if I come across chaos theory, I won't be using marth for infinite grab releases. If anything these rules affect me the most - I'm being limited more than anyone. But none of these rules really apply to anyone anyways so SHUT UP!

Clel

Smash Journeyman
Simply put, Fino's the organizer, we're going to be visitors, I don't think it'd be our right to try and change their rules. I generally wouldn't mind minor changes like that anyway.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Um I never said NoJ didn't have any skill. The fact is that Lain knew what he was doing which is why he won. I've been JV 3-stocked by Melee1's ICs and I didn't run around *****ing about how he infinited me. I complimented him on completely destroying me. He wasn't an opponent I was ashamed of losing to.

As for the rest of the **** you rambled on about, I wasn't all that concerned. I was just stating my opinion. It's your tournament and I already said "Whatever, it's not like any of this affects my character anyway." So make all the rules you want, it won't matter. I haven't lost a tournament match to you yet and I don't plan on it happening come Sunday.

D

Deleted member

man wichita and KC have always been so chill till now, idk y every1 is freaking out

makes me feel ashamed of brawl

KY_Des

Smash Ace
It's all good. By the time Sunday comes around everything will be chill. I just don't like ppl talkin to me like they crazy is all.

Fino

Smash Master
i'm scared

fino we'll come at 12
There's some Brawl + and Melee 2.0... just so you know
(haha I'm a poet and didn't know it) ^_^

I'm holding off til monday / tuesday to play animal crossing. After that, so much for brawl hacks. Until homebrew finds a way around it, my wii will be hack-less. I just can't not play animal crossing, so I will have to install the newest update.

Also, no news on my sd card. Looks like 5 months of my brawl career is gone ;-;
If anyone finds my sd card on sunday, I'll re-imburse you the money for singles, doubles, the gimmick tournaments, and maybe also something else. I already bought another one just in case, but it would be much appreciated if it magically turned up.

~Fino

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Does it have to be 1:30? That means I'll have to leave really early; 3:00 was definitely better for me...
Starting at 1:30 gives us time to do pools for singles if enough people show up.

Also, Fino, you should put something like "(Starting at 1:30!!!!)" in the title so that everyone that's coming who hasn't heard the time change will.

Fino

Smash Master
Well, as general rules... we'll start about 20 minutes late waiting for people to show up, then start doubles 20 minutes after 20 minutes of waiting. After doubles singles will start - and as we all know, singles is where it's at. After that we'll have some gimmicks / crew battles. Don't worry, you'll be all smashed out by the end ^_^

~Fino

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i got the update that came with animal crossing and i has hax on my wii just fine. just don't system update to 3.4.

pt hax he's so good omg **** in my pokeball

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
CBK and I wont be able to make it now... Overprotective parents are bad games...

Till next year when we're in college heh.. Sry guys... Hopefully ill see some of u at Jokers next monthly tho ;)

-BC-

Fino

Smash Master
Mixed feelings, lost iowa, but we got st. louis. lol.

Anyways, not in the greatest mood... and most likely won't be tomorrow either. So if I tell you to **** off, don't take it personally... things just aren't going well right now.

~Fino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom