• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

fino tell em about the plan you had for the OoS bonus thing

Fino

Smash Master
Yeah, Well I was thinking of starting to host either monthlies or bi-weeklies, and taking a -larger than normal- house cut. Not for myself, but putting that money to an OoS bonus for a big tournament in lawrence. I say lawrence because I can probably get a nice venue at KU.
I was thinking 30%, but it seems like too much and not enough at the same time.
This would probably be in the summer time.

~Fino

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Yeah, Well I was thinking of starting to host either monthlies or bi-weeklies, and taking a -larger than normal- house cut. Not for myself, but putting that money to an OoS bonus for a big tournament in lawrence. I say lawrence because I can probably get a nice venue at KU.
I was thinking 30%, but it seems like too much and not enough at the same time.
This would probably be in the summer time.

~Fino
30% is way too much.

15% at most.

Fino

Smash Master
So stealth had the idea of raiding AiB to find people to make the KC / Lawrence area brawl scene bigger. I've gotten a couple replies back, but I haven't heard if stealth has or not. Good stuff. Also, I think I got the lawrence smashers to come to my tournament, we'll finally get to see them ^_^

~Fino

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Stealth: I saw that you just wrote on people's walls at AIB.

It's better to send them PMs; they're more personal and are much more likely to get a response.

D

Deleted member

every1 is going to expect a really hot asian chick to be at fino's house on the 28th, oh the lulz

cue

Smash Journeyman
whats up ya'lls! I'm am gonna be holding a mini tournie in my basement this comming friday. It will be both melee and brawl . any one is welcome

things should start around 7 pm but thats not set in stone. it will either be a $5 or $10 tournie just depends on what you guys wanna do. I will for sure have 4 tv's but more would be great.

so far it looks like i got :

Yosh
Mexi Mike
Echo Mike
Mo
JBM
Ben
Chad
ME

Dunno about Tyser and his crew . no work from Smursh yet either. Let me know whats up guys it could be fun my basement has a lot of space in it

5108 Reese St. Omaha NE 68106

call me or pm me with any ?'s

Fino

Smash Master

HERE IT IS!!!!!!
I've finally gotten to this, and you better take this steeler - you've already agreed to it.
Yes, it's here. Battle of the minions, fight for the best slave driver. $5 MM, winner takes the cash, the glory, and title of the best minion master in the MW.
The contestants are:
Steeler:
Defending champion Steeler mains squirtle and thus will be using PT in this match.

And Fino:
Challenger and rival of Steeler. He is challenging steeler with olimar.

Standard SBR rule-set. Best 3/5 1 ban allowed, stage striking will be used for determining first stage. Counter picking characters is banned; however, you may counter pick colors.
Infinite replays will be turned on, and the set will be recorded and put on youtube. This will take place at CdF2 on December 28th - vids posted Dec 29th.

May the best Olimain win ;)

~Fino

EDIT: added to OP ^_^

D

Deleted member

RRRRROOOOOOOFFFFFLLLLMMMMAAAAOOOO

omfg i'm dieing right now, ****s soooooooo funny

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Lol interesting money match u got goin there Fino...

Hopefully i can get Skizm, Joker, and maybe a couple of others to come to this tourny so then they could pick me up on the way there ;)

If other iowans do end up comin we're gonna definitely have to have a crew battle...

-BC-

Fino

Smash Master
Lol interesting money match u got goin there Fino...

Hopefully i can get Skizm, Joker, and maybe a couple of others to come to this tourny so then they could pick me up on the way there ;)

If other iowans do end up comin we're gonna definitely have to have a crew battle...

-BC-
Oooooh boy, you guys heard it here first. Iowa's challenging us to crews. I'll go on ahead and put joker and skizm in the OP, though they aren't quite confirmed yet, but tell me if there are others. Skizm... you wanna play rainbow cruise again XD we're going to get some kirksville repeats here ^_^
Joker, I never got to play you, so I'll look forward to playing your snake -- that could've been worded much worse XD.
Sweet! :bee:

~Fino

Cook

Smash Master

Added ^_^
Feel free to send me a list of people from the kirsville area who are coming ;)
And don't get pulled over or mauled by deer on the way here like we did >_>

~Fino
Did you guys seriously hit a deer? That sucks.

D

Deleted member

if i recall correctly asc's name is andrew, Fino's name is victoria, and you can call the people witchita's crew your rapists

Did you guys seriously hit a deer? That sucks.
we had to spot dodge like 4 of those b@stards

we also did a barrel roll to avoid an oncoming car

Cook

Smash Master
Hey asc just in case Skizm and Joker dont come and pick me up on the way im gonna need u to :)

Lets go over real names real quick... Im Blake and u? :bee:

-BC-
Picking you up should be fine (I'm Andrew).

if i recall correctly asc's name is andrew, Fino's name is victoria, and you can call the people witchita's crew your rapists

we had to spot dodge like 4 of those b@stards

we also did a barrel roll to avoid an oncoming car
Did you d-smash out of the spot-dodge? That's the only way to keep 'em from coming back. You're lucky they didn't just start using multi-hit moves, or moves with lingering hitboxes.

Also, I think Jordan and Kit may come, so you can add them to the OP.

Fino

Smash Master
Did you d-smash out of the spot-dodge? That's the only way to keep 'em from coming back. You're lucky they didn't just start using multi-hit moves, or moves with lingering hitboxes.
It may work for R.O.B. but not my car. Its dsmash is awful - it's more like bowser's side B.
And no, we weren't lucky. They not only tried using multi-hit moves, but multi-hit moves WITH lingering hit boxes. Three scurried across at the same time, and one stopped for a sec before finishing. I still think I might've clipped the back end of it :(
C-C-C-Combo breaker!

In other news, topeka smash was pretty fun.

~Fino

D

Deleted member

lol i am aren't i?

i guess it must be telling all the link nubs whats up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom