• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kansas City/Lawrence Discussion Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fino

Smash Master
So, I'd just like to point of that CdF2 will be the last tournament in the area before the MWCC. I say we should use this time wisely, and get as many friendlies as we can, we need to rep. kansas. We should also use this time to develop the Kansas crew, in case we want to do a crew battle with another state.
Good luck to everyone, and I hope to see you here.

~Fino

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
So, I'd just like to point of that CdF2 will be the last tournament in the area before the MWCC. I say we should use this time wisely, and get as many friendlies as we can, we need to rep. kansas. We should also use this time to develop the Kansas crew, in case we want to do a crew battle with another state.
Good luck to everyone, and I hope to see you here.

~Fino
Actually, I think Joker's tournament will be on the 10th. You guys could come to that if you wanted.

By the way, this is asc853.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm back in Kansas City now, and I'll see if I can make it to those friendlies tomorrow (and obviously will be at the tournament). Anyway, why are these rules in?

* Planking is banned.

* DDD's infinite grab is limited to 3 re-grabs

* IC's infinite grab is limited to 3 re-grabs

* Locks with lasers, ice-blocks, or moves against a wall are limited to 3.

Seriously, we'd be fine to just drop all of these rules. Listing tactics we ban like that kinda makes us look like scrubs, and I don't think what will happen at the tournament will change significantly either way.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
planking should always be banned period. broken stalling that i know you love. even though i use the anti planker it should still be banned. infinites being banned is standard in TX, though it is limited to 5. imo the first should be left, the rest should be either raised to 5 or gotten rid of.

D

Deleted member

jab locks should be 10 hits, that **** actually takes skill to do unlike 90% of the bull**** that you can do in this game

o btw fino i need to practice something against your IC's tomorrow, if i get it down you're never going to beat me with IC's again lol

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Pictochat usually kills a player less than Green Greens and Green Greens allows for ******** infinites. Pictochat hazards usually need to be manipulated by the players to get kills much like Halberd

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
No one picks PictoChat anyway with all of these stages allowed; it doesn't give very big advantages.

Anyway, I'll be there today, but I'll be late. Hopefully I'll be there before 6.

Fino

Smash Master
Also, does anyone have my sd card? I can't seem to find it anywhere...
Ampharos was the last one I know to move it (to get your replays)
and it was either supposed to be in my wii or in the one in my room. Could you guys check it out or help me?
Thanks

~Fino

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Seriously, don't ban PictoChat. Instead you should make Distant Planet a counterpick; it's basically impossible to abuse that walk-off, and the stage is really cool.

Anyway, I didn't actually mess with your SD card, but the last place I saw it was sitting on that table where the set-up was in the bedroom.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
The counterpicks are fine tho really... Not too many ppl would wanna waste their counter-pick on pictochat or distant planet anyways heh.. I at least wouldnt ;)

It's Fino's tourny anyways... Nobody else gets a say in wuts banned and wut isnt! :laugh:

-BC-

lain

Smash Master

Looks like Kansas is scared of ice climbers for no reason lol

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Still waiting for Fino to respond with an explanation behind the "moves against a wall are limited to 3" rule.

Fino

Smash Master
Actually, I think Joker's tournament will be on the 10th. You guys could come to that if you wanted.

By the way, this is asc853.
Ummm I believe I said
So, I'd just like to point of that CdF2 will be the last tournament in the area before the MWCC.
Just a second...
Yeah, last I checked Iowa isn't in the KS area... and I just checked ^_^

Anyway, why are these rules in?

* Planking is banned.

* DDD's infinite grab is limited to 3 re-grabs

* Locks with lasers, ice-blocks, or moves against a wall are limited to 3.

Seriously, we'd be fine to just drop all of these rules. Listing tactics we ban like that kinda makes us look like scrubs, and I don't think what will happen at the tournament will change significantly either way.
Texas does it - I just copied them. Inferno sent to Texas' copy from hobo, I'll use that, except limit IC's to 3 re-grabs.

jab locks should be 10 hits, that **** actually takes skill to do unlike 90% of the bull**** that you can do in this game
Who said jab locks were banned? I specifically worded it so that they weren't. Jab locks take skill, and if your opponent can't tech the ground, it's his fault. Laser locking and ice block locking in that they're incredibly easy to set up.

y is pictochat and green greens legal
After inferno's post, I will be taking green greens off; however, not pictochat. Give me something wrong about it, and I'll consider it.

~Fino

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Okay, I'm a bit confused by the rules at this point. You banned wall infinites but are agreeing to ban Green Greens because of the walls (I don't even exploit the walls, but that hurts me a lot by the way). You say King Dedede's infinite chaingrab against five characters is banned, but he only has an infinite chaingrab against four characters (or bigger numbers if you consider stage features, but no possible consideration makes the number five). You banned infinite release grabs, but those only exist on Wario so I don't get why you worded it in general. I get a feeling you mean something different by "infinite" than I do; what exactly do you mean by infinite? I'm not trying to be obnoxious or anything, but I'm just legitimately really confused by what you're doing with the rules at this point.

Fino

Smash Master
Okay, I'm a bit confused by the rules at this point. You banned wall infinites but are agreeing to ban Green Greens because of the walls (I don't even exploit the walls, but that hurts me a lot by the way). You say King Dedede's infinite chaingrab against five characters is banned, but he only has an infinite chaingrab against four characters (or bigger numbers if you consider stage features, but no possible consideration makes the number five). You banned infinite release grabs, but those only exist on Wario so I don't get why you worded it in general. I get a feeling you mean something different by "infinite" than I do; what exactly do you mean by infinite? I'm not trying to be obnoxious or anything, but I'm just legitimately really confused by what you're doing with the rules at this point.
*Sigh* They aren't banned, they're limited. And weren't you the one saying we shouldn't change something for one person (referring to columbia mo thread).
Also DDD's infinite chaingrab is on 5, not 4. The 5 being Mario, Luigi, Samus, Bowser, DK.
Grab releases exist more than just wario. Marth can infinite grab release the psi twins (though that's more solved with extra inch DI), Falcon can infinite grab release squirtle, olimar can semi grab release metaknight, bowser can infinite grab release almost the entire cast, and so on.
The point is to avoid cheap "play-to-win" tactics - most of these take 0 skill to do.

~Fino

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
bowser isn't technically an infinite chaingrab, ddd just takes one really small step in between the grabs. so the damage depends on the stage.

falcon can infinite release squirtle? isn't it just a normal release to the end of the stage? o_O

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Its a series of grabs that inevitably end in death if he grabs bowser fram any distance of about half of FD I think. I'm sure it can probably be shorter than that, but it's guarenteed to a Dtilt kill.

D

Deleted member

i don't get y people are QQ'ing about gay tactics being limited, if you aren't a scrub you can win without them, get over it

Fino

Smash Master
i don't get y people are QQ'ing about gay tactics being limited, if you aren't a scrub you can win without them, get over it
Exactly... it's not like I banned mk. lol.
Olimar for mk counter! :D
In other words, I think you should lose the right to play a top tier character every time you john. I'm looking at you affinity >_>
5 minutes into CdF2 and he'll lose MK, G&W, and DDD (his only characters) - though I don't see him using DDD since he can only rack up damage from CG'ing people, and I limited that. LOL

BTW. Gimmick tournament is king of the hill, I'll explain when people get here.

~Fino

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
In other words, I think you should lose the right to play a top tier character every time you john. I'm looking at you affinity >_>
5 minutes into CdF2 and he'll lose MK, G&W, and DDD (his only characters) - though I don't see him using DDD since he can only rack up damage from CG'ing people, and I limited that. LOL
Well that was unnecessary, not to mention inaccurate.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I don't get why everyone's *****ing about rules for a tournament that would be lucky to hit 30+ in participants. Banning D3's CG is ********. Banning IC's infinite is ********. Banning anything that happens on a wall is ********. Allow me to explain.

D3's CG is just a CG. No other tournament is going to ban or limit this, so why the hell should we? IC's infinite takes a tremendous amount of skill and effort to pull off. If you can do it, props to you. If you're playing against it, then don't get grabbed and beat the hell out of Nana. Simple as that. As for anything on a wall. IT'S A ****ING WALL! Don't be by it if you don't want infinited.

And Fino get off Steve's ***. So what if all the character's he plays is top tier? Half of your crew plays top tier and Steve ate them alive in crews *cough* 10 MUTHA ****IN STOCKS *cough*.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i can't comprehend why pokemon trainer isn't banned, he's the most dangerous character in the game.

Fino

Smash Master

I don't get why everyone's *****ing about rules for a tournament that would be lucky to hit 30+ in participants. Banning D3's CG is ********. Banning IC's infinite is ********. Banning anything that happens on a wall is ********. Allow me to explain.

D3's CG is just a CG. No other tournament is going to ban or limit this, so why the hell should we? IC's infinite takes a tremendous amount of skill and effort to pull off. If you can do it, props to you. If you're playing against it, then don't get grabbed and beat the hell out of Nana. Simple as that. As for anything on a wall. IT'S A ****ING WALL! Don't be by it if you don't want infinited.

And Fino get off Steve's ***. So what if all the character's he plays is top tier? Half of your crew plays top tier and Steve ate them alive in crews *cough* 10 MUTHA ****IN STOCKS *cough*.
My crew consists of Me, arkive zero, 8bit, duck, and jace. Jace and blake pretty much only play teams leaving me arkive and 8bit. That being said, olimar link and kirby.... which half is the top tier?
Also, I'm jk with affinity, though sometimes he gets frustrating.
As for the CG, DDD's is only limited to the infinite on the 5 char he can do it on. IC's is limited... but f****, I'm the only person who uses IC's in the area. Don't try to play the infintes against a wall thing. Have you played a DDD on corneria.... he won't do anything but camp the corner until you come down there. That's not a fighting game at all. The idea here is to limit a lot of the bull **** that happens to be in brawl.
I'd like to note, this was pulled straight from Hobo (from inferno rage) with the exception of IC's limited to 3 instead of 5. So no where else is going to have these rules? Okay, I guess I was wrong?
If you guys are going to ***** about the rules, which hardly any apply to you guys anyways, then don't come. Simple as that. I'm trying to make a fighting... well... about fighting. If you guys like to get beaten by a grab spamming IC's then go somewhere else. Honestly, you have to play really gay to beat it, and it completely ruins the game imo. Again, this coming from the only person who will probably use Ice Climbers at the tournament.

~Fino

EDIT: I'd like to also note, it's not moves against a wall, it's infinites against a wall

Double Edit: I'd also like to note that it took me about 8 minutes to learn how to chain grab with IC's. Sure weight is a factor, but then again, one you learn to CG a light weight, you can CG all light weights. Once you learn a midweight.... ect. The only characters I need to to balance my oliamr are mid-weights, which is why ampharos got away with me not CG'ing him or arkive's link.
8 minutes = tremendous skill.... trufax

I'm glad to see wichita is in the christmas spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom