• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kahoka Me Your Moves!---MW-W Circuit Event #3---May 1-3; Kahoka, MO

Cook

Smash Master
Things that don't seems right:

-4 hours for sign-ups
Why would you need this much time?​

-Only 2 hours for pools
You're not going to get pools done in 2 hours, even if you get a semi-big turnout.​

-2 hours break between Doubles and Singles bracket.
I don't see why more than 30min would be needed. More than that is just wasting valuable time.​

This is a bad idea. If there's almost nothing left after paying the venue, you guys will be in trouble.

It would be better to have a set amount of the pot already going towards the Championship pot. 10% from the pot is the best idea.
Yeah, I know sign-ups will not take that long, I just don't want to start pools too early because I want to give people time to show up. Basically I just wanted to let everyone know that the place will be open at 4 and they can sign up during that time. There will probably be a gimmick tourney to take up that time, also. I also realize that pools will probably take longer, but that's fine, because we've got all night!
^This. :)

About the break, I think that maybe an hour would be better I guess; time is something that we'll have a lot of, and I don't think 30 minutes is enough. With the part about the pot going to the championships I just meant the pot from the venue fees, not the pot from the entry fees; I know I worded it confusingly.

Anyway, important news: the weekend I wanted is taken and there aren't many available options. Either we can do it the first weekend of April or the first weekend of May, or I can look harder for a place to do it in Kirksville (though the place in Kahoka is next door to a roller rena :) :) :)). I would like some input from you guys.

TP

Smash Master
Being able to sleep at the venue seems like a HUGE plus. It saves money, makes scheduling easier, means less transportation time, etc. My vote is for the current venue, regardless of the date.

However, I won't be coming if it is the first weekend of May. I have 4 AP tests this year. :(

Cook

Smash Master
Seems to me like someone obvious was left off of the attending list...
My bad. Do you have a setup (or can you steal one from your roommates)?

Also, EVERYONE SHOULD LOOK AT MY SUPER-IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT A COUPLE POSTS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

zyklon

Smash Cadet
Lol I don't actually own a wii so probably not, I have a TV that's mine and may be able to borrow a wii I suppose

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Anyway, important news: the weekend I wanted is taken and there aren't many available options. Either we can do it the first weekend of April or the first weekend of May, or I can look harder for a place to do it in Kirksville (though the place in Kahoka is next door to a roller rena :) :) :)). I would like some input from you guys.
Wichita is planning on going to WHOBO the second week of April, and I know most of us aren't going to want to travel for another tournament the weekend immediately after.

The beginning of May would be best for us; there's nothing going on then as far as I know.

Cook

Smash Master
I think the first weekend of May (1-3) sounds best to me also (sorry Twilight Prince!). I'm wondering, though, do people have finals the next week that they need to study for, or does this weekend work for most people?

Cook

Smash Master
Ok, May 1-3 it is.

Now, people should start RSVPing and letting me know if you can bring a setup (waives your venue fee!).

Fino

Smash Master
I heard ASC has gotten really good (as well as the rest of kirksville)

count me in ( we can do those dittos now andrew ;))

~Fino

EDIT: I can bring a t.v. and several wii's (depending on who in my crew comes)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
In case it wasn't assumed, St. Louis will be there.

As far as stages go, I like a liberal list--if there are a lot of complains, keep the list liberal and give everyone two personal bans. Problem solved, we can even have Skyworld legal!

*braces for arguments*

Edit: We'll bring at least 1 setup.

Cook

Smash Master
Oh, and I figured both St. Louis and Wichita were coming, but I'm wondering exactly who from each crew is coming.

And Kyle, thanks for the stage list support! <3

Legan

Smash Lord
Ew may 1-3 that kinda sucks, Ill be in Jaimaica through the fourth. Guess this tourneys cool factor is gone. Sorry guys

Nicole

Smash Champion
Ew may 1-3 that kinda sucks, Ill be in Jaimaica through the fourth. Guess this tourneys cool factor is gone. Sorry guys
Hmm. Jamaica vs playing video games in Kahoka MO.

Seems like you made the better choice...

Cook

Smash Master
Fact: Only Andrew wants to run a tournament.
We have no work ethic because we just want to attend.

I'll bring a set-up, though.
It's not that I want to RUN a tournament, it's that I want to have one that's not **** far away. This is the only solution...

Oh well, Cameron's running it anyway! :chuckle:

gantrain05

Smash Master
hey asc, just wondering if there is a signup for this tournament? or is it just showup, pay your fee and signup there? also, im looking forward to this tournament, im gonna take jordan out this time.

Cook

Smash Master
hey asc, just wondering if there is a signup for this tournament? or is it just showup, pay your fee and signup there? also, im looking forward to this tournament, im gonna take jordan out this time.
There is no official signup thing like WI had, but tell me if you are coming and I will put it in the second post, which is sort of an unofficial registration thing. So, anyone planning on coming should RSVP!

Nicole

Smash Champion
Hey guys, aren't you all excited that this tournament will be run by the same guys that ran NOKOAST, where everyone who deserved to get out of pools got out, AND we had a 64 man bracket!?! I think this one's gonna be fun :)

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, aren't you all excited that this tournament will be run by the same guys that ran NOKOAST, where everyone who deserved to get out of pools got out, AND we had a 64 man bracket!?! I think this one's gonna be fun :)
sounds fun! I'd love to put my name on the attendance list but it's too early for me to know.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
louisville's most likely coming to this ;D

not sure how many of us are going make it, other than myself and cr4sh, but we'll probably have around seven.

lookin forward to this!

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Would be nice to get some kentucky competition in a MW-W event. I eagerly await the opportunity to absolutely decemite you guys as I stand upon the corpses of shredded Missouri and Iowa players. =D

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I'll be there. And Cook I hope you know you have set it up for me to win. If Pipes stays legal as it should.....I WIN!

Cook

Smash Master
louisville's most likely coming to this ;D

not sure how many of us are going make it, other than myself and cr4sh, but we'll probably have around seven.

lookin forward to this!
Dude, that's awesome! Me, you, and Fino need to rep Lolimar.

Cook

Smash Master
THREE Olimars?! Thank god I'm learning to play Peach now. Sounds great that KY's coming too (the state KY, not that scrubby Pit guy from KS :laugh:)

(whoops, this is Ironboots, ASC should stop using my computer)

gantrain05

Smash Master
THREE Olimars?! Thank god I'm learning to play Peach now. Sounds great that KY's coming too (the state KY, not that scrubby Pit guy from KS :laugh:)

im almost thinkin peach isn't as much of a counter to olimar as everyone originally thought, i mean she still does fine but the olimars are learning >.> i might just have to seriously think about picking up marth lol.

Cook

Smash Master

Um, get your own account, noob.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Within Missouri should be easy enough to make. The guys in Rolla can REALLY suck in terms of getting anywhere, but I will do my best.

Anyway, I support your current stage list 100%. I would support Onett as well (and wouldn't mind Skyworld!), but yeah, you have to satisfy people at some point. I predict nothing is going to happen at the tournament to make this stage list a problem.

Also, I promise, if I make it, I'll counterpick Distant Planet at least once so it won't be a "no one picks it anyway" stage (unless people conspire against me and always ban it or something). I've been working on it for a while! It's a great stage that shouldn't even be considered for banning; I don't get why people think it's so bad...

Top Bottom