• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kafei for SSBB

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
If you look at the evidence, it really seems like Nintendo is fond of Kafei, though.

For one, and most importantly, he was a playable character. The first in the entire Zelda franchise that isn't Link or some kind of Link.
Second, they went out of their way to create a brand new character design and model for Kafei. Almost all of the NPC's in MM were recycled from OoT, but Kafei was special.
Third, in order to complete the game 100%, the player needs to complete Kafei's quest 3 separate times, each time in a different manner and order to obtain the desired result.
Fourth, in the ending credits, when they were showing the aftermath for all of the characters Link met, the biggest deal was made out of the scene showing Kafei and Anju's wedding, including a first-person view of Kafei walking down the aisle, indicating that he did, in fact, return to his true age, even though it was never shown.

All of that seems (at least to me) to imply that Nintendo really liked Kafei and wanted him to be a popular character. It may not have turned out way, but I think that's what they were trying to do. Also, in Animal Crossing, you can unlock Kafei's clothing for your character to wear. While this really has no bearing on why he should be in Brawl, I think it shows that Nintendo doesn't want to throw away this character just yet. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
I just said neddles beceause thats how it looked while playing. In reality when I turned on the GS codes he stuck out all his fingers and swiped with his hands in a sword motion, and when it had hit a wall it made a *ting* noise so I invented the neddles idea.

Also it just kinda seemed to fit, him being a seemly dark and reclusive character, nedlles seemed to fit. Also to those who hate Shiek players can get a Shiek-like character and haters will get the new Twlight Princess Zelda.

Also I have taken into concderation all the others that have been suggested. of them all the only ones that seem to have a creative moveset is Skull Kid and Vatti. I do belive that Skull Kid should get in first, but Kafei would be more creative than Vatti beceause most people want weapons other then Swords. Also I didn't exactly say for Brawl, but it would be cool to have him in a Smash brothers game. You could at least admit it would be a innovative idea.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
For one, and most importantly, he was a playable character. The first in the entire Zelda franchise that isn't Link or some kind of Link.
Again, I say "so what?" Yes, he is the only playble non-Link character from Zelda, but that's his ONLY claim to fame. I doubt a Brawl inclusion would be based off of this one trait.
HiddenTiger said:
Second, they went out of their way to create a brand new character design and model for Kafei. Almost all of the NPC's in MM were recycled from OoT, but Kafei was special.
And? So they wanted to make a new character model....and?
HiddenTiger said:
Third, in order to complete the game 100%, the player needs to complete Kafei's quest 3 separate times, each time in a different manner and order to obtain the desired result.
Just because the side-quest he "stars" in is almost annoyingly long doesn't give him importance over someone such as Skull Kid or even Vaati.
HiddenTiger said:
Fourth, in the ending credits, when they were showing the aftermath for all of the characters Link met, the biggest deal was made out of the scene showing Kafei and Anju's wedding, including a first-person view of Kafei walking down the aisle, indicating that he did, in fact, return to his true age, even though it was never shown.
Yeah, only because the quest involving them two was so long, the developers felt like they needed SOME kind of ending to it.

HiddenTiger said:
All of that seems (at least to me) to imply that Nintendo really liked Kafei and wanted him to be a popular character. It may not have turned out way, but I think that's what they were trying to do. Also, in Animal Crossing, you can unlock Kafei's clothing for your character to wear. While this really has no bearing on why he should be in Brawl, I think it shows that Nintendo doesn't want to throw away this character just yet. Of course, that's just my opinion.
Honestly, I don't think Nintendo gives two hoots about the character. I think you're looking too far into this, trying to find SOMETHING in his favor. And for Animal Crossing, maybe they just liked the design of his outfit.

I respect your opinion, but I find it wrong.

@Seth: I think I figured out the whole invisible "needle" thing. From how you described it, it sounds like the ROM you were playing messed up in the transition from playing as Link to Kafei. It changed the character model you played as but only made Link's sword invisible, yet it was still "there".

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
^^ But I think its still a good idea!

Also on what you said to Hidden Tiger. I belive your a bit in denial on what you've thought he "looked to far into"

In Majora's Mask there are like what? 3 new characters? Not includeing the traveler goron beceause all he has is a tie and a backpack. Also I belive, while almost abnormaly long, was an extremly fun side quest and really paid off.

I personally belive, and hope both Skull Kid and Kafei get in.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Also I have taken into concderation all the others that have been suggested. of them all the only ones that seem to have a creative moveset is Skull Kid and Vatti. I do belive that Skull Kid should get in first, but Kafei would be more creative than Vatti beceause most people want weapons other then Swords. Also I didn't exactly say for Brawl, but it would be cool to have him in a Smash brothers game. You could at least admit it would be a innovative idea.
Ok his name is spelt VAATI not Vatti, and he is a wind mage, he uses wind magic as well as a sword, his moveset would be based around Wind Magic, and being the 2nd most reoccuring Zelda villain he is the most likely addition for the Zelda series IMO.

Just because the side-quest he "stars" in is almost annoyingly long doesn't give him importance over someone such as Skull Kid or even Vaati.
why do you say even Vaati he is more important than Skull Kid in the Zelda franchise he has appeared as a main villain in 3 games, Skull kid has been a main villain in 1 zelda game and a very very minor character in 1 and looks like a minor character in the newest one.

D

Deleted member

Since when did Vaati apply to this? This is about Kafei. I think nobody wants yet another Vaati/Majora argument.

I'm glad this topic got revived (no chance for my Ralph one now is there?).

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
I know this is of topic but I think the main reason Majora is concedered cooler than Vatti is beceause Skull kid is the only one who did something more diractic than kidnapping the princess. He attempted to crash the moon(Wait I thought this really WASENT the moon but only a meator summoned by Majora. Aw whatever.) into the earth.(or whereever they are.)
He looked OUTSIDE the box.

But more on topic I belive that Kafei should be in Brawl beceause he almost represents Keaton who, in my humble opnion, is a really cool sub-character who has appeared in, to my knowlage, 3 games. Maby even more. Also it is just fun to day dream about a character such as this. A small quick character with many long range attacks. Like a fast falling speedy version of Young Link, almost more like Sheik.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Also on what you said to Hidden Tiger. I belive your a bit in denial on what you've thought he "looked to far into"

In Majora's Mask there are like what? 3 new characters? Not includeing the traveler goron beceause all he has is a tie and a backpack. Also I belive, while almost abnormaly long, was an extremly fun side quest and really paid off.
Not really. You're both assuming the developers said "Oh man, this character's going to be so cool, we'll go to the trouble of making a new character model for him." It could just as well be, "Crap...I can't find a character from OoT that fits this character well. Dang it, now I'll have to make a new one. Oh well.

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
Man I totally agree with Seth here...maybe because he's the one that alerted me to his presence, I love zelda but *gasp* I haven't played the 1st one, or OoT, nor Majoras mask .
Fox's are cool, fox masks are cool, Kefai is therefore pretty cool in my opinion. I'm also a fan of neeedles as weapons. I also think Skull Kid was veeeeeeeeeeery gay...Vaati was pretty cool, w00t for wind magik!!! Skull Kid did attempt to make the moon crash, very cool. But they6 could've min/maxed and given the cool idea to a character who's actually cool too.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Don't say gay like that Black Cat :mad:

Anyways, Skull Kid, Revamped gannondorf, and Vaati, hell, even tingle have priority over kafei in terms of popularity, but I don't think he'd "hurt" the game if he amde it in.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Man I totally agree with Seth here...maybe because he's the one that alerted me to his presence, I love zelda but *gasp* I haven't played the 1st one, or OoT, nor Majoras mask .
Fox's are cool, fox masks are cool, Kefai is therefore pretty cool in my opinion. I'm also a fan of neeedles as weapons. I also think Skull Kid was veeeeeeeeeeery gay...Vaati was pretty cool, w00t for wind magik!!! Skull Kid did attempt to make the moon crash, very cool. But they6 could've min/maxed and given the cool idea to a character who's actually cool too.
Unless you've played the games, your opinion is moot and you can't call yourself a true Zelda fan until you've played OoT. At least.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
This is in no way ment to be an insult to the character, nor peoples opinions. But I quite honestly was questioning his sexuality. >_>;;
No Nintendo character has ever done anything to make you question their sexuality, Nintendo is not controversial, well at least they weren't now on the DS and the wii SNK is releasing a game where you grope little girls to see if they are witches, at least homosexuality is ok and natural (it is) Pedophilia is just plain wrong.

On topic: Kafei would be fun but he has low chances, Tingle does NOT have priority over Kafei IMO, NOA had a poll on what they thought of Tingle, being Australian I couldn't join to see the results but I am pretty sure there was less than 1000 people saying they like Tingle.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Again, I say "so what?" Yes, he is the only playble non-Link character from Zelda, but that's his ONLY claim to fame. I doubt a Brawl inclusion would be based off of this one trait.

And? So they wanted to make a new character model....and?

Yeah, only because the quest involving them two was so long, the developers felt like they needed SOME kind of ending to it.

Honestly, I don't think Nintendo gives two hoots about the character. I think you're looking too far into this, trying to find SOMETHING in his favor. And for Animal Crossing, maybe they just liked the design of his outfit.

I respect your opinion, but I find it wrong.

@Seth: I think I figured out the whole invisible "needle" thing. From how you described it, it sounds like the ROM you were playing messed up in the transition from playing as Link to Kafei. It changed the character model you played as but only made Link's sword invisible, yet it was still "there".
:laugh: I love the way you responded to my entire argument with what essentially boils down to 'yeah right'. All you managed to do here is casually dismiss my arguments and ideas for no particular reason, and with no viable counter-argument.

GenG

Smash Lord
Kafei would be fun but he has low chances, Tingle does NOT have priority over Kafei IMO
Of course he does. He has appeared in more games, has his own, while Kafei is the worst pick for a Zelda character ever. This "let's pick a random character and say it's the best" tendency is going too far, really.

I think I'll open an Anju thread, she is worth it, the best Zelda pick! You know that I'm right. She appears in more games than Kafei so far: Ocarina, Majora's and Minish Cap. Her moveset? Cucco smashing style with invisible needles, of course.

D

Deleted member

I was under the impression that you know a person's a witch/ wizard if they wear a pointy hat :).Hey wait, that could lead to difficulties...

BTW, was Kafei in Minish Cap?

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
Unless you've played the games, your opinion is moot and you can't call yourself a true Zelda fan until you've played OoT. At least.
Considering that I've played plenty of other Zelda games I still think I am. Don't want to press the issue an further. Also if you add up all of the gameplay I've seen, when my friends played them I've seen at least....1/4 of OoT and M Mask. Thats the minumum I'm gonna guess.

Besides I've seen Kafei...I like Kafei, so I at least belong in this forum.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Of course he does. He has appeared in more games, has his own, while Kafei is the worst pick for a Zelda character ever. This "let's pick a random character and say it's the best" tendency is going too far, really.

I think I'll open an Anju thread, she is worth it, the best Zelda pick! You know that I'm right. She appears in more games than Kafei so far: Ocarina, Majora's and Minish Cap. Her moveset? Cucco smashing style with invisible needles, of course.
There's absolutley nothing random about it. I think he is the best, and I have reasons to back up my statement. You don't have to agree with them, but stop acting like I'm just sitting here screaming "w00t!! Kaafay 4 teh win1!!!"

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Just to make it clear, Tingle is WAY higher on the totem pole than Kafei. Possibly the Skull Kid as well, depending on his role in TP (which doesn't look like much of one). Also probably higher than Vaati, considering he's got his own game and all.

GenG

Smash Lord
There's absolutley nothing random about it. I think he is the best, and I have reasons to back up my statement. You don't have to agree with them, but stop acting like I'm just sitting here screaming "w00t!! Kaafay 4 teh win1!!!"
Kafei is a random character. You can pick another minor Zelda character and find almost the same points you gave in the last page. I wasn't mentioning you in my reply, but this whole thread purpose. But now that you mention it...

1. Kafei is the first and only playable character in the entire Legend of Zelda series that isn't Link, or some form of Link. Sure, you can argue that Zelda was playable in the CD-I titles, but those were not made by Nintendo, and were so bad besides that they hardly merit an argument. That alone should be enough to prove that he deserves the recognition.
He deserves recognition, that's right. His quest was the best one, or at least, the most memorable. A trophy may do ok, because there are more deserving characters in the Zelda franchise. Vaati, WW Link, Skullkid and Tingle for example. Others like Impa are way way below but are still higher than Kafei, as they have appeared in more games and are something.

2. Kafei is a very important character in Majora's Mask. True, he only appeared in a side-quest, but that particular sidequest needed to be played many times over in differenet ways to completely finish the game. Also, Kafei was given a completely new character model. Even though nearly all of the models were recycled from Ocarina of Time, Nintendo felt that Kafei was important enough to deserve a brand new one.
I don't get this point. The old Goron also has a new model. And the Zora band, the Dekus and so on. Of course he is important, since MM relies so much in the sidequests, but not the extent to make a new whole character. MM top character is undoubtly Skullkid, being the main enemy with the Mask and having appareared in games like OOT.

3. Kafei can fight. Even though the areas where you played as him were puzzle solving ones, he still received a rolling attack and a karate chop attack. So, he should be able to fight very well in Smash Bros.
You can't build a whole moveset on karate chops and rolling attacks. He was a common man turned into a kid by Skullkid evil power. Other than swapping masks for moves, this guy hasn't nothing. It's not the Cap Falcon or Fox case, these were stars in their games and they got star traits for that.

4. In the game Animal Crossing, the player can purchas an outfit called 'Kaffe's Shirt', which will let the character dress in Kafei's clothing. This should prove that Kafei is by no means a forgotton character, at least to Nintendo.
Being a Zelda character, he hasn't been forgotten. There are more cameos in AC clothing.

But again, this is about tastes. I find Kafei 0% interesting for Smash Bros. It's not unique, not a star, not a main. And for me, Majora's Mask >>> Ocarina of Time.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
That's fine, but then again, several of your points there are flawed too. Game appearances mean literally nothing in deciding who should be in Brawl, simply because they never have in the past Smash games. Ganondorf only had one game at the time of Melee. According to your logic, he was a bad idea, and should have been replaced with the giant, pig-like Ganon. Tingle has been in more games than Ganondorf has, too (if you count his spin-off). Should G-dorf be removed altogether to let Mr. fairy-man in? Alson, you can't say Kafei isn't like Fox or Falcon, because he is. Just because they were stars doesn't mean they didn't have anything to work with. Lastly, about the AC thing, I understand that there are more cameos like that, but doesn't it seem at least a little odd that they'd pick Kafei and Anju over a more obvious choice, like Link or Zelda?

Again, by no means am I trying to force you to agree with me. I'll respect your opinion of you respect mine.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
:laugh: I love the way you responded to my entire argument with what essentially boils down to 'yeah right'. All you managed to do here is casually dismiss my arguments and ideas for no particular reason, and with no viable counter-argument.
And I love the way you decide that I have "no viable counter-argument" when I'm clearly trying to reiterate the fact that Kafei just isn't important enough for any kind of Brawl appearance. :)

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
There were characters who may ahve been classic...but weren't important. I knew SOME people who KNEW OF the Ice Climbers, but I have yet to meet anyome who has played it. I ahve nothing against the Ice Climbers this is just an example.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Well that was quick. I gameshark the heck out of a game get an idea and 2 days later 2 new pages. :chuckle:

Tingle has his own game?Hmmm.....

Let me put this in words that everybody will understand.(If you've AT LEAST heard of Starfox)
If Slippy from Starfox had his own game would he get any less gayer? Would he get much rep? Only as the gay toad that had a gay spinoff with his new transvestite girl/boy friend. Tingle is more worthless than Faroes wind in OOT. Which has an amazing 1 use.

If he deserves to be a Brawl fighter than so does Slippy, and other anoying sub characters. Tell me: do you want a Brawl full of "kimpa kimpa kolimpah" or "DUR THERES A \/\/@t(h out fer |\/|1nes thing3s!11!" or even "Ima WaLuLgI ImA GoNnA WiN"

But I do get what your getting at. Tingles had more apperences. Did Sakuri SAY he counted apperences? Although I agree he has probally about a snowballs... ok not that big probally a snowballs chance in early spring....to survive about a week. maby 20%:chuckle:

EDIT: Black Cat they have a point. Go and play AT LEAST Zelda: A Link to the past, and Zelda OOT dude. Perfabally MM also.(Link to the past owned dont deny it)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
And I love the way you decide that I have "no viable counter-argument" when I'm clearly trying to reiterate the fact that Kafei just isn't important enough for any kind of Brawl appearance. :)
That's no argument. That's opinion. In your opinion, Kafei isn't important enough. In mine, he is. Exactly what is it that you think makes him so unimportant? He's a huge part of Majora's Mask.

GenG

Smash Lord
That's no argument. That's opinion. In your opinion, Kafei isn't important enough. In mine, he is. Exactly what is it that you think makes him so unimportant? He's a huge part of Majora's Mask.
It's a character that you even don't need to meet to "finish" the game. Importance would be Saria, Impa, Darunia or Ruto (for example) in OOT, characters that are linked to the main plot somehow. In Majora's Mask there are more important characters than him.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
It's actually pretty hard to go through the game without coming into contact with Kafei. You see him checking the mailbox in Clock Town every time you restart time. There's even a mask that looks like him, Kafei's Mask, that is specifically used to ask about Kafei. I'm just saying, while it is techinically possible to play the game without ever seeing Kafei, it's pretty darn hard to pull off. He's still a really big part of the game.

GenG

Smash Lord
It's actually pretty hard to go through the game without coming into contact with Kafei. You see him checking the mailbox in Clock Town every time you restart time. There's even a mask that looks like him, Kafei's Mask, that is specifically used to ask about Kafei. I'm just saying, while it is techinically possible to play the game without ever seeing Kafei, it's pretty darn hard to pull off. He's still a really big part of the game.
But that's the same for the rest of villagers. The Happy Mask guy, the workers, the Bombers... are so important as Kafei. I didn't mean to actually "see" Kafei, but interacting with him. You have to do the letter thing with Anju to be able to enter his "house" and meet him. Of course, if you have played MM at least for being intrigued by him, you will do the quest. Almost everyone who has played MM have finished his quest, but the "importance" you are giving to him is the same for the rest of the cast.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Just to make it clear, Tingle is WAY higher on the totem pole than Kafei. Possibly the Skull Kid as well, depending on his role in TP (which doesn't look like much of one). Also probably higher than Vaati, considering he's got his own game and all.
Tingle is probably lower than Vaati because Tingle's popularity is exclusive to Japan (much like his game) and Sakurai doesn't want too many charaters that are only popular in Japan and due to NOA's Poll Sakurai knows at least the US hates Tingle, I would say that lowers his chances.

Let me put this in words that everybody will understand.(If you've AT LEAST heard of Starfox)
If Slippy from Starfox had his own game would he get any less gayer? Would he get much rep? Only as the gay toad that had a gay spinoff with his new transvestite girl/boy friend. Tingle is more worthless than Faroes wind in OOT. Which has an amazing 1 use.
Nintendo is not contriversial enough to make a drag queen and gay frog, if they did they were copying *points to Jolly Roger and Merrie Maggie in Banjo Tooie*

Black Cat you need to play OoT it is the best Zelda game ever, no zelda game yet has come any where near it's glory (it was my first zelda game)

xianfeng

Smash Hero
.....*cough LOZ:LTTP cough*

Seriously it may have been 2d but it owned. Gotta respect the old school.
I played it, it's ok but I like OoT more, nothing beats your first game in the series. Like I still think SSB is better than SSBM in some aspects and I think DKC2 is the best game ever made. I also think Lylat Wars is the be all and end all of the Starfox series.

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
Well that was quick. I gameshark the heck out of a game get an idea and 2 days later 2 new pages. :chuckle:

Tingle has his own game?Hmmm.....

If he deserves to be a Brawl fighter than so does Slippy, and other anoying sub characters. Tell me: do you want a Brawl full of "kimpa kimpa kolimpah" or "DUR THERES A \/\/@t(h out fer |\/|1nes thing3s!11!" or even "Ima WaLuLgI ImA GoNnA WiN"

But I do get what your getting at. Tingles had more apperences. Did Sakuri SAY he counted apperences? Although I agree he has probally about a snowballs... ok not that big probally a snowballs chance in early spring....to survive about a week. maby 20%:chuckle:

EDIT: Black Cat they have a point. Go and play AT LEAST Zelda: A Link to the past, and Zelda OOT dude. Perfabally MM also.(Link to the past owned dont deny it)
First off...so true(LMAO). Also yah Xiafeng umm hes right about Slippy's boy/girlfriend.
And I nooooooo I wanna but I can't borrow it from any1...but I haven't asked you yet so...can I borrow OoT?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Kafei is a sidequest character. Many people won't know who he is. You could have played the game he was in and still not have interacted with him. That is one strike against him.

What would Kafei do? Sure the mask looks cool. But all he has going for him is the mask and that is not enough to give him an entire moveset and a spot over a more recognizable character with a more inspired, creative, and intriguing moveset. The posted moveset on the first page is obviously sturggiling to list moves he could use.

Plus there are so many characters above him. Almost all the villains and Midna should appear first.

About Tingle: I think he could be in the background again, but he doesn't have enough potential in my opinion to take a character position from someone else.

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
Yet again I ahve nothing against them this is just an example, not too many people knew about G&W and the Ice Climbers. Also side quest characters from hundereds of games have huge cult followings, even if people don't know who kaei is I'm pretty sure they'll think he's cool IMO.

GenG

Smash Lord
Yet again I ahve nothing against them this is just an example, not too many people knew about G&W and the Ice Climbers. Also side quest characters from hundereds of games have huge cult followings, even if people don't know who kaei is I'm pretty sure they'll think he's cool IMO.
Are you sure? G&W series sold 43 million worlwide, it's not what I call "unknown". But it's not the G&W series alone, but the whole LCD market. Everyone +16 recognizes him. Ice Climbers was a popular game on NES, being featured in everything with the world retro on it: Animal Crossing, Wario Ware, music compilations, etc. Pit is indeed more obscure, at least today.

Kafei can't compete with that.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
They had their own games and integral roles in their games. But even if we negate that point (because Sakurai is a strange guy and capable of strange things) do you honestly think he would be a fun character to play or do you simply want him in because you like him?

What would his moves be based around? What would his stats be? Does he really deserve the spot over another character?

If you think he would have a fun moveset, does deserve a spot in Brawl over some one else, and think he would actually offer something to the game rather then just fullfilling your dream wish then that is cool.

If you want him in just because you like him, even though you think his moves would be crap and he wouldn't really have interesting looking attacks then that is not cool.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
In response to that, I offer this: a complete moveset for Kafei created by me. I beleive the only thing I've forgotton is the tilts, but other than that, it's all there.

Entrance: Kafei stands up and puts on his Keaton Mask.

Moves:

A: Quick Jab (short jab with right hand)
A (after Quick Jab): Double Jab (follow up with jab with left hand)
A (after Double Jab): Roundhouse kick (Kafei spins in a circle with a high kick)
Rapid-tap A (after Round house kick): Keaton Rapid punches (Quick repeated punches, continues as long as A is being tapped.)
A Smash: Karate Chop
A + v: Keaton Spin Kicks (Kafei does a handstand, kicks his legs straight out, and spins rapidly)
A + ^: Backflip Kick

In Air:
A: Keaton Burst (Kafei kicks his arms and legs out all at once, similar to Ness)
A + ^ Headbutt
A + v: Double Foot stomp
A smash: Rolling punches (Kafei turns sideways, and does a move resembling the Doc tornado)

Grabbing:
A: Knee jab (quickly knees enemy in stomach)
^ : Spring Kick (Kafei throws enemy straight up, leaps into a handstand, then springs off with his hands to kick enemy higher)
v : Reverse suplex (Kafei swings enemy behind him and slams flat on his back, landing on enemy)
Forward: Frontflip slam (Kafei leaps over enemy, grabs their shoulders, and slams them into the ground as he lands.)
Back: Spin Kick (Kafei flips the enemy behind him, then delivers a swift roundhouse kick while they're in the air)

B : Mask throw (alternates between Keaton Mask, which bounces off enemy and throws them back, and Sun Mask, which cuts through enemy doing heavy damage)
B + < or > : Rolling attack (charge up to gain speed and power)
B + ^ : Keaton boost jump (similar to Capatin Falcons B + ^ move)
B + v : Anju's Love (creates a small barrier that repels enemies and increases Kafei's health for about 5 seconds)

Super Smash: The Three-Tailed Fox (Kafei glows yellow, then lets out a screeching howl. This will summon a gigantic Keaton, and together they will unleash a powerful magic spell that blasts the whole screen)

Taunt: Kafei takes off the Keaton mask, holds it high and says "For Anju!"

Kirby hat: Kafei's Mask or Keaton Mask and Kafei's Hair

Stats (out of 5):
Speed: ****
Strength: ***
Jump Height: **
Falling Speed: *
Weight: ***

I know it's not perfect, but it's the best I could do.

Top Bottom