• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kafei for SSBB

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
^That's not that bad at all, HiddenTiger, but I think a more unique Up B move would be better than a move "similar to Captain Flacon's Up B"

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
HMBG: Yeah, I know. I'm not particularly fond of that move either, but I couldn't come up with anything else. Let's just call that a placeholder.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Well, the Ice Climbers were part of the 8-bit era, and almost all the recognizable characters from that time are being/have been put into Smash.

Game & Watch is pretty much the grandfather of old-school gaming. Without him, I may not be here typing this post today. Really, where would we all BE? The least Nintendo could have done was give him a place in Melee, kinda like celebrating games.

But Kafei can't hold a candle compared to them. Only really significant, life-changing characters are worthy of being in Smash.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
But Kafei can't hold a candle compared to them. Only really significant, life-changing characters are worthy of being in Smash.
Your life was changed by Jigglypuff and Dr. Mario?

Mika: Please tell me you're not actually using the 'he can't fight' argument, because that's been disproven so many times it's not even worth mentioning anymore. (no, I'm not just talking about Kafei. I mean about any character and that argument)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Kafei?

No....I really don't think so.

I mean...what could he do? Maybe he could throw masks at you....or something.....
He could always be in the backround of a moving stage, like that cave Link and him went into. As you fight, you would have to watch out for him as he walks on switches and such.

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
Mika: Please tell me you're not actually using the 'he can't fight' argument, because that's been disproven so many times it's not even worth mentioning anymore. (no, I'm not just talking about Kafei. I mean about any character and that argument)

I think I came about it the wrong way. I was just surprised about Kafei being suggested.
But yes....I do not think he could get into SSBB.

Not for the fact he can't really fight becuase I'm pretty sure the game designers could fix that. (As they did for Peach and Zelda)

Just becuase othat's it's a completely random idea for a secondary character. How many people played LoZ: MM?

How many people beat LoZ: MM correctly? It was a pretty hard game. If any other Zelda character could get into SSBB it would probably be Malon since she's appeared in more than one game and even that's a slim chance.

Though I do think Kafei would be an interesting character to see in there. He was pretty cool in LoZ: MM...

So no.....

I still can't picture him in SSBB.....

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I say Saria FTW! :chuckle:
But yeah, LoZ is such a HUGE franchise that I think it would be kinda silly to start throwing in secondary characters, when there's still quite a few primary characters that have yet to appear in the SSB series. If anyone's getting from MM, it's gonna be Skullkid because he's the main (though not final) villian of the game.

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
Yah know this happens with a lot of threads but I'll say it again, this thread is getting too off topic. Off topic in a way that is pretty common in "blank for brawl". We're talking about wether or not Kafei should be in brawl, not who is more deserving from the zelda series.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Kafie?
Naw I thibnk there are more deserving Zelda characters. Hes only appered in one or two games.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Different masks besides the Keaton Mask perhaps? Another option could be having him masked or unmasked. Maybe his hair and clothes would change color to match whatever you chose.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Kafei was the first character in a zelda game aside from link to be playable and he is super cool I am waiting for permission so I can use a movelist from SBO but who agrees and he is in no way minor.
A moveset made by Hidden Tiger on SBO
System: N64
Interesting, and a lot of thought put into it, but...not true.

You played as Deku Link, Darmani, and Mikau before you had the chance to "play as" Kafei.

EDIT: But all this mask talk makes me think some sort of mask would be an interesting item. It could do something like what the mask did in MM (I guess bunny hood was like this), but maybe some transformation mask, which could turn you into an "extra" character. You could have some serious fun with 4-play and that item on very high. Anywho, just a thought...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I just can't believe how any one can be stupid enough to think that THIS guy can ever even have a chance for brawl. People insulted me for suggesting HMS but at least you had to make contact with him, this guy was completely optional and didn't matter to the story. So what if he was playable, if playability mattered then we wouldn't have seen Bowser, Zelda/Shiek or Ganondorf in melee. He has clothes in Animal Crossing, this matters? I just can't fathom the stupidity and the hypocrisy of people sometimes *sigh*.

RWB

Smash Ace
I just can't believe how any one can be stupid enough to think that THIS guy can ever even have a chance for brawl. People insulted me for suggesting HMS but at least you had to make contact with him, this guy was completely optional and didn't matter to the story. So what if he was playable, if playability mattered then we wouldn't have seen Bowser, Zelda/Shiek or Ganondorf in melee. He has clothes in Animal Crossing, this matters? I just can't fathom the stupidity and the hypocrisy of people sometimes *sigh*.
His optional role was the biggest subplot in the game, plus he was the first playable character in a Zelda game except Link or Zelda. I still find Kafei a ridiculous character to add, but HMS is worse, goddammit!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
His optional role was the biggest subplot in the game, plus he was the first playable character in a Zelda game except Link or Zelda. I still find Kafei a ridiculous character to add, but HMS is worse, goddammit!
Again...NOT TRUE...He followed Deku Link (not Link), Darmani (not Link), and Mikau (not Link). All of these characters HAD to be played, and WERE NOT optional.

RWB

Smash Ace
All of these are Link, even if they are different in their design. Because Darmani, Mikau and the Deku had alredy passed on. They're in Terminas heaven.

There is a reason those three are called Link.

And even if he wasn't the very first, he is still a better choice than HMS.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Well, the way I see it the MAIN problem with Kafei isn't his lack of importance in both Majora's Mask and the Zelda series as a whole (though it it does put him in the same leauge with I AM ERROR and Link's Uncle...) the main problem is that his moveset brings nothing unique or interesting to the table. Sure, you could give him some punches and and headbutss - but those abilities could be given to almost anyone with hands and a head.

I don't dislike this idea becuase it's highly improbable (that goes without saying) I dislike the idea because Kafei would make a monumentally boring character.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
His optional role was the biggest subplot in the game,
By that logic we can safely assume Jovani is in brawl for his role in the largest sidequest in TP

plus he was the first playable character in a Zelda game except Link or Zelda.
I just don't understand how ANYONE can possibly be stupid enough to think that playability matters. Bowser, Zelda/Shiek and Ganondorf had never been playable before melee and look they got in.

I still find Kafei a ridiculous character to add, but HMS is worse, goddammit!
The HMS you where actually forced to make contact with which not only makes him more likely but his moveset would be one of the greatest in smash history if he used his masks and moods(which he will in the off chance he gets in) so please don't insult HMS because he is a much better idea than Kafei will ever be.

Top Bottom