• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Something I noticed : we are all saying goodbye speeches aimed toward our fellow kutthroats, but we will all see ourselves back in the social group (or the K.Rool official character thread) The only one that we should say goodbye too is the thread. Goodbye my beloved thread, all the wonderful memories we add inside of you (don't be so dirty minded:glare:) will keep you immortal in my eyes.

Kroconut

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely going to miss this thread. But I'm looking forward to the next thread we make the switch over to.

I am going to keep fighting for K. Rool's inclusion until my last breath and I hope others continue to do the same thing!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
http://smashboards.com/threads/k-rools-kremling-kutthroats-evikted-to-a-new-crocodile-isle.421769/

Here's the new social thread within A Distant Demon A Distant Demon group. From here, we can start planning what we'd like to see in a K. Rool exclusive group. Oh, and here, there's no one to tell you to "start talking about K. Rool again," so talk about whatever you'd like in there, pretty much.

Have at it! But don't forget to hang around this thread for the final few days...it's been good to us for the past 3.5 years and deserves a proper send-off.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I really enjoyed this thread and it sucks to see it end. Hopefully, it will "get back up" again K. Rool style in the future for the final time.

Hopefully, this thread will get its finest hour by being part of the future K. Rool sub form. And if not, it did a great job of bringing back K. Rool from the brink of death to being one of the most wanted DLC characters all thanks to the hard work you kutthroats have done over the last few years.

Below I've put a few of my favorite things that come out of this thread.

There's a ton of good stuff in this thread and I'm glad I discovered this thread when I did cause this place is a gold mine of K. Rool greatness.

This thread has been great and I'll continue supporting K. Rool until the very end.

Long live the King!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Not to worry, I'll hang out for the last few days. Wouldn't it be hilarious, though, if K. Rool got revealed right before the thread closed? Fat chance, I know, but it'd be awesome.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
On October 30th (or Kroctober 30th, rather), I'm going to make my last post here. It's going to be long and it's going to be thoughtful. I feel as though that is appropriate for this thread's remembrance.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm going to miss this thread, and while I can see why they're shutting the boards down, it still sucks to see all the progress go.

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
Honestly, it's because these forums are political, like anything else. There is no actual reason to shut them down, it's a flex of power. I've been inside of this community long enough to know that. The sad thing is, the sheer amount of effort and content inside of this thread. I only come to smashboards to view this thread.. So I will try to fin this other thread.. PM me if you have a link.

Fellow supporters, I am sad to possibly lose contact, you have all been extremely entertaining and thoughtful. Lets hope Smash 4 producers get their heads out from their asses and do the right thing by making him playable.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
what its closing? Can you at least close it after we know who the winners are? If K Rool gets confirmed i want to see everybody's reaction on here. It'll feel like we actually achieved something on this thread. No, don't close it yet :( Until we see who the winners are!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh, ****!! I just realized something.

OK, if K. Rool is the Ballot winner then why not save such a big name character for a big name event? What am I talking about? The Game Awards. It's too perfect. It's at the end of the year and he could release at the very beginning of next year. I mean we all know Nintendo will have a presence there especially with their huge support of the last event. (Imagine Dragons + Zelda = Heaven)

Sure, we know the whole show won't be all about Smash DLC. Obviously. They'll most likely also show off Star Fox Zero and Zelda U again. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Honestly, it's because these forums are political, like anything else. There is no actual reason to shut them down, it's a flex of power. I've been inside of this community long enough to know that. The sad thing is, the sheer amount of effort and content inside of this thread. I only come to smashboards to view this thread.. So I will try to fin this other thread.. PM me if you have a link.

Fellow supporters, I am sad to possibly lose contact, you have all been extremely entertaining and thoughtful. Lets hope Smash 4 producers get their heads out from their ***** and do the right thing by making him playable.
One sec i'll invite you
I say we try to make as many posts on this thread as possible before it closes, as I believe there's a limit to a thread's potential size.
Two things.
1. That sounds like inciting spam. It probably wasn't intended but dont do that
2. There really isn't. And you definitely wouldn't hit it in time anyway if there was one.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Quick, I've got to say something about how I'll miss the year that I've been roaming this board!
I... uhhh... I'll miss the year that I've been roaming this board. You Kutthroats were a fun bunch, and always kool with me, even when I got off topic at times (Heh heh...). I'll hope to see most of Y'all again on the new board.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I don't understand why the character threads are being closed if they remained open during the pre-release, when we faced very similar circumstances -- we could no longer influence character selection (even if indirectly), characters were already being developed, and we were waiting for news. It's not like the character DLC is over -- the ballot DLC has yet to begin. Why put a stopper on a discussion about our desired characters when nothing has actually happened? Bewildering.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
If the discussion is continuing elsewhere, I'd like an invite as well. I still think it's baffling the mods want us to move on when we haven't even heard a blip about the Smash DLC we've been speculating, campaigning, and putting our valuable time into. The race is still going but apparently we all have to stop in our tracks and throw in the towel before the first person even crosses the finish line. Absolutely baffling. But whatever, if the discussion can continue elsewhere it's not a total loss.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Myself as well need to be invited
If the discussion is continuing elsewhere, I'd like an invite as well. I still think it's baffling the mods want us to move on when we haven't even heard a blip about the Smash DLC we've been speculating, campaigning, and putting our valuable time into. The race is still going but apparently we all have to stop in our tracks and throw in the towel before the first person even crosses the finish line. Absolutely baffling. But whatever, if the discussion can continue elsewhere it's not a total loss.
I'll get you both invited.

Links!
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/semi-social-all-character-support.1812/

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Well, there was a rumor that popped up on reddit, never a for sure thing, but it said and I quote "Next week we're getting a big evil reptile" and it isn't Ridley was the other confirm, so who else other than K.Rool could it be. But it's likely nothing

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
I wouldnt mind an invite as well please. Don't contribute much but it's nice reading people's support for k.rool that matches my own opinions.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, there was a rumor that popped up on reddit, never a for sure thing, but it said and I quote "Next week we're getting a big evil reptile" and it isn't Ridley was the other confirm, so who else other than K.Rool could it be. But it's likely nothing
Even IF K. Rool gets revealed its probably fake.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Some of you guys are making a much bigger deal of moving to a social group than is necessary, I think...

TallT

Smash Apprentice
Some of you guys are making a much bigger deal of moving to a social group than is necessary, I think...
This is a big deal for us (If I may speak for everybody). This our main base were we have all of our memories of discussing K. Rool together. After being in this thread for a few years and now having to leave before we can even officially welcome K. Rool to Smash leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. This thread is a testament to our dedication to getting the Kremling King into Smash.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is a big deal for us (If I may speak for everybody). This our main base were we have all of our memories of discussing K. Rool together. After being in this thread for a few years and now having to leave before we can even officially welcome K. Rool to Smash leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. This thread is a testament to our dedication to getting the Kremling King into Smash.
It's not like the thread will be deleted, just closed and archived. The purpose of these threads was to gather support, but seeing as the ballot's closed, support at this point is a non-factor, and as such has little use on the main forums. That's the beauty of social groups: they allow outlets for the communities formed here to keep thriving as opposed to being wiped out entirely.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
It's not like the thread will be deleted, just closed and archived. The purpose of these threads was to gather support, but seeing as the ballot's closed, support at this point is a non-factor, and as such has little use on the main forums. That's the beauty of social groups: they allow outlets for the communities formed here to keep thriving as opposed to being wiped out entirely.
So "support" is defined as ballot voting now? Didn't use to be during the times before SSB4's release and the announcement of the ballot. Back then it was also pretty much a non-factor, as the roster had already been decided before development began and DLC was "not in the cards". But that didn't matter, cause we don't need a concrete opportunity to affect the game in order to support an idea of something happening. And that wasn't the only purpose of character threads, anyway:

"Making character discussions is the biggest part of this forum. Users can create threads to support certain characters, and speculate how they'd work out. "

Forcing everyone into social groups feels like character support/speculation is being swept under the rug, honestly. Better than "wiped out entirely" but still rather pointless in my opinion. Groups are way more inclusive anyway, you can already see a lot of people asking for invites.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I've already checked out the new thread, but is there another new K. Rool thread you guys are talking about that requires an invite? (Sorry, this thread is all I've contributed to, so I dont really quite get how other things work around here :p) Thanks, Kutthroats!

Top Bottom