• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I'll take command of the new thread as soon as I have time to get on my laptop this afternoon.

I'm disheartened that we won't be able to celebrate a potential K. Rool reveal in the 'home' of a thread we've had for the past 3.5 years. I think the character boards closing is unfortunately being influenced by people behind the scenes mistakenly thinking there's no value or fun to be had at all supporting characters instead of being at the competitive big kids table. "Move on?" Before any Ballot DLC is even out?

In any case, I hope everyone sticks around for whatever new social group thread comes up, because it'll still be a great time for us Kutthroats, the great time will just have to happen under an invisibility cloak for all intents and purposes.
Crap, I didn't even see this, this is tragic and quite frankly, a little knee-jerk of them as well as unreasonable.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll take command of the new thread as soon as I have time to get on my laptop this afternoon.

I'm disheartened that we won't be able to celebrate a potential K. Rool reveal in the 'home' of a thread we've had for the past 3.5 years. I think the character boards closing is unfortunately being influenced by people behind the scenes mistakenly thinking there's no value or fun to be had at all supporting characters instead of being at the competitive big kids table. "Move on?" Before any Ballot DLC is even out?

In any case, I hope everyone sticks around for whatever new social group thread comes up, because it'll still be a great time for us Kutthroats, the great time will just have to happen under an invisibility cloak for all intents and purposes.
If it's any consolation, this thread will be moved to K. Rool's sub-forum and be unlocked in the even of his announcement.

Will this thread at least be moved to the K. Rool subforum in the event that he's confirmed?

That's how it's been with the other characters.
Some people moved to their own social groups instead of Oni333's group, most notably Bandana Dee.

It's up to BKupa to decide.

(glad to see people wanting to go to my thing. I already lost BD losing K rool would have made a living community nearly impossible)

just like with the Ridley thread it will be sad to see a pillar of speculation locked. This is one of the loudest (that is a compliment btw) communities ever and it's definitely dissapointing to see it locked before it reaches it's goal. Good thing he always gets back up.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Man, it's going to be a bit strange leaving this place again. I don't see why these boards couldn't remain open until DLC fighters are over, but oh well...

D

Deleted member

Well, listen here my friends, while i make it clear.

I just want to say that the moments i had with this thread were some of my favorites, and it's sad to see this thread dying mostly because of the news drought we recently had. I expected this to happen, but what i dind't expected is that it seems to be permanent rather than temporary, which really hurts me.

Despite this, i will still post in SmashBoards until all character DLC for Smash 4 is over, or at the very least, im gonna lurk around here until it all ends.

Thank you BKupa666 BKupa666 for making this thread, and i hope you do one for oni333's semi-social all character support boards.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I hope that the K. Rool support will continue on oni's group rather than in a brand new social group. Even though this is the only support thread where I'm used to contribute, it wouldn't feel right for me to be isolated from the other character support communities.

@Speedwagon I'm realizing I missed your recent batches of questions, don't worry I'll answer them soon :p

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Man, it's going to be a bit strange leaving this place again. I don't see why these boards couldn't remain open until DLC fighters are over, but oh well...
They're closing because the lack of news will soon bring us to a vicious circle of ****posting...

Last edited:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
I love how there's a bunch of Spongebob references now, those are literally my favorite kind of joke. The show's so easy to be related to almost any situation, it's really funny. :laugh:
And the thread's closing out? That's a shame, though I'll still hang around. And it'll be unlocked eventually - I'm confident in K. Rool's inclusion. Stinks that we won't be able to celebrate our eventual victory in home base, but it's a small inconvenience. Not like we've got much to talk about at the moment anyway, hah.

D

Deleted member

Hi Kremlings and Kuthroats Klaptraps too! After seeing Artsy Omni's Smashified of him. And learning more my support grew for this big lovable unhinged, psychotic, Intellegent crocodile he became one of my favourite villains. And I hope to join you all in the new social Fourm. Let are support for are King never weaver. King K. Rool Will hopefully be sailing Ito Smasg on the Gangplank Galleon. And returning in Donkey Kong Country Returns 3! I stand with you King K. Rool for Smash!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Hi Kremlings and Kuthroats Klaptraps too! After seeing Artsy Omni's Smashified of him. And learning more my support grew for this big lovable unhinged, psychotic, Intellegent crocodile he became one of my favourite villains. And I hope to join you all in the new social Fourm. Let are support for are King never weaver. King K. Rool Will hopefully be sailing Ito Smasg on the Gangplank Galleon. And returning in Donkey Kong Country Returns 3! I stand with you King K. Rool for Smash!
Welcome!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*Wipes proud tear away.* Thank you that means a lot glad to officially join the Kremlings!

BrickGenesis

Smash Rookie
I'll miss this thread. It was fun being able to keep up with smash news with my fellow kutthroats. This board may be leaving but our support for the king of kremlings will not!

D

Deleted member

Aww, what? The character threads are closing? That's a shame, there was some pretty cool stuff that happened here.

Oh well, it's probably for the best. Now that the ballot has ended, there really isn't much to talk about, and some of the more chatty discussions would probably fit better in the social groups. I'm hoping we'll get some ballot/character news soon, though; I'm really curious to see who made the cut! ...Well, I guess in K. Rool's case, it would technically be "kut". :p

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
nooooo! this thread is going away i can't believe it *tears from my eyes come out* i'll miss this place since i was watching over this the whole time before i joined well i hope to see the New King K.Rool thread if it ever gets made unlike this one that has gotten long pages i also hope The Real King K.Rool becomes playable for Super Smash Bros WiiU/3DS as a add on DLC character but if it doesn't happen then maybe he'll come back to the Donkey Kong Country series once again as the Villain he always was

D

Deleted member

I'm already missing you guys. It's too bad it has to close but guess it makes since. You guys made me King K. Rool that much more and for that I say thank you!

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
So, when the new location is decided for future K. Rool discussion, can someone please post a link? Just because the support threads are ending, doesn't mean my support will also end!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm thinking the best solution here would be to start up a social group of our own. This was something I always thought about as a recourse for if K. Rool didn't make it in as DLC, and now that the backroom is pulling the rug out from under everyone here, it seems as good a time as any to kickstart it. If K. Rool doesn't get in, the group remains as a place for us to await his return in future DK games, while if he does get in, we get a subforum with this thread reopened.

I'll wait to start the group in case anyone has any suggestions or other considerations to bring forth on what to do.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'm thinking the best solution here would be to start up a social group of our own. This was something I always thought about as a recourse for if K. Rool didn't make it in as DLC, and now that the backroom is pulling the rug out from under everyone here, it seems as good a time as any to kickstart it. If K. Rool doesn't get in, the group remains as a place for us to await his return in future DK games, while if he does get in, we get a subforum with this thread reopened.

I'll wait to start the group in case anyone has any suggestions or other considerations to bring forth on what to do.
Well you could at least make a thread for K. Rool in oni's group. That seems like the place most people are heading to.

D

Deleted member

Having both social group (for social discussion) and support thread in oni's group (for Smash discussion) is the best solution imo.
I second this idea. The more places to talk about K.Rool, the better.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
The so called leakers now lay beaten and broken on the ground like so much trash. Sure in their knowledge of things to come, willing to believe anything their superiors say and gloating about it to squeeze out their 15 minutes of fame, and are no backtracking like toddlers with a boo-boo.

But the King lives on.

Etika foolishly tells his legion of chumps about how K. Rool isn't gonna make it, and how Shovel Knight is a shoe-in, and how K. Rool is just another boring heavy weight. He even has the arrogance to creates polls to decide the fate of Smash Bros. after the real one closes down.

But the King lives on.

Fans champion worthless characters, third party trash that would have a better shot at making it into Playstation B-Listers Marketing Royale while denigrating K. Rool and his supporters.

But the King lives on.

The discussion for K. Rool and his fellow Smash hopefuls will be sent into the abyss. Their only hope of returning to these boards is after a true announcement. We will return, and when our King rises above the slime that surrounds him and into the glory of Smash 4, he will have the true Kutthroats of this community to thank.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's the colsure going to be permanent?
The closure of the character subforum (barring individual characters) will be permanent. However, any characters that get confirmed later will have their threads reopened and moved to the subforum. So if K. Rool is confirmed, this thread will come back and be the social thread.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to do both. K. Rool's support is big enough that we could have out own subforum, but then there's also a more public open thread in oni's group. The K. Rool support thread could expand into a lot more topics, then if we get K. Rool as DLC, we can close it up and get our own character subforum instead to replace it.

Last edited:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace

I'm still thinking a Villains group would be cool

D

Deleted member

Where ever you guys decide to go I'm there. It can go to the anti-social thread or somewhere else. But wherever is fine. It's up to BKKupa666 but I'll be there once the move happens.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
After all of these fake leaks (ex: Shovel Knight and RogersBase), I really hope that, as a community, we won't go insane over a little hint. Everything so far has been a result of an attention deprived person having 15 minutes of fame. To be honest, after Ryu and Roy, I'm pretty sure Sakurai doesn't want to ever let a leak happen again.

Also, I really hope every Kutthroat migrates to the new thread. It would be great to stay as a community and show how dedicated we are to this character. Long Live the Kutthroats!

Last edited:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
This thread was some of the most fun I've had this year. Hell, it was the main reason I started, and still using, Smashboards I may not have posted too much, but I loved everyone here, and the discussions had. Looking forward to speaking to ya in the new thread.

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
It is truly a shame that this thread is closing. It makes me want K. Rool to be confirmed so that this thread can reopen. However, I do not have the jurisdiction to do that.

I will migrate to the new K. Rool thread that is in the making. This thread may be closed soon, but my dedication to K. Rool will live on. As oinkers12 oinkers12 had posted: Long live the Kutthroats!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Well, fellow Kutthroats, it's been fun. I'm still supporting our biggest villains for Smash even though the thread is going away. Hope to see you all in the future on the K.Rool subforum after konfirmation!

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Well, if this thread is going away then I just want to say it was great being a part of it. Still hoping K. Rool makes it in Smash with or without this thread to celebrate in. I'm glad we were able to get Nintendo to recognize him again.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
They're closing this thread? And all character support threads? That's a huge bummer, I guess with that being said I will likely not return here until the characters for DLC get decided upon. It's been fun everyone, good luck to all of you, and may the best reptilian win. It's been fun.

They're closing this thread? And all character support threads? That's a huge bummer, I guess with that being said I will likely not return here until the characters for DLC get decided upon. It's been fun everyone, good luck to all of you, and may the best reptilian win. It's been fun.
Don't be running off yet. There will be a new thread Either in it's own forum or on my group that is attempting to get all the character threads active and together. Th big kroc isn't going belly up just yet.

Top Bottom