• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
EDIT: on a less serious note... i found someone who is more cool than King R.cool.....his big brother King Couleur (japanese for king k.rool)
sounds like "king cooler"....it keeps reminding me of dbz with frieza and his family's names being puns for cold.
Actually, that's just how Google Translate and the like mangle it. It's actually キング クルール ("King Kururu"), which is more like "King Kruel". ;)

They're closing this thread? And all character support threads? That's a huge bummer, I guess with that being said I will likely not return here until the characters for DLC get decided upon. It's been fun everyone, good luck to all of you, and may the best reptilian win. It's been fun.
Hey, hey, oi, you. You've got to stay in touch. After all, you're one of us, one of us! :p

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Well, regardless of where the discussion will move, I'll stick around as much as any of you as the road for K. Rool turning playable isn't over yet unlike this topic.

Rejoice fellow Kutthroats...! This will just be a new step into our goal in a way...!

:bowser:

D

Deleted member

I'll ask around. For the new King K. Rool thread. I'm going to take a break. Might be a thing I do till every Friday! I'll migrate to the new forum too. I hope are majesty gets confirmed see you guys again soon! Halloween's coming up King K. Rool's been a king, a pirate captain, a mad scientist a boxer. Maybe he gets confirmed this week? Doubt it but who knows. See you guys next week. And are support for King K. Rool shall never weaver for him to be in Smash and in the next DKC.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
If not in one of those Social whatchamacallits. Im certain we will see each other again soon...

In the official K. Rool Character Discussion subforum.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Farewell and good luck, Kutthroats.

i've been lurking here since the Kostume debacle and i really appreciate all the hard work you kremlings gone through since the ballot, the Kremling Kampaign before the ballot, and the K.Roodley friendship that was sparked during The Ridley Debate.

as of now, i'm trying to reunite the Classic Ganon support in the former predefined role social group thread and making plans to open a villain-y Social Group for all supporters for the big baddies of Nintendo for the Ballot DLC+Smash 5.

with that said...​

i hope you all make it through.

oh and one more last thing...
add me on the kutthoat list, i'm one of yous now

It is disappointing that this thread is being closed, but I can't really fault the decision. Considering there is no acknowledgment from Nintendo about the ballot and the news about DLC is spluttering, our Galleon is left idle.... you can only discuss so much before things get a bit repetitive and mundane.

It's been great mingling and discussing the King and the DKC franchise with you all. Could not have asked for a better introduction to Smashboards and DLC speculation from my end. It has been fantastic to meet others who love the DKC series just as much as I do. Our passion for this krazy kroc has brought us together and pushed our krazy king back into the mainstream.

From BKupa who has been maintaining this thread and has ran a steady ship, to Bellboy and Banjo-Kazooie whose fan art has stood out and been superb, to everyone else in between who have created movesets, fan art, advertised and spread their work on various platforms, etc, etc I cannot thank you enough for the time, effort and work into resurrecting K. Rool from the gaming graveyard. A true definition of a grassroots movement. You've all played a part in helping one of my favourite characters in gaming from my favourite game series of all time to return. You have my gratitude :)

I'll keep an eye on this thread and join whatever thread opens up. I don't think it is quite goodbye, even though it sounds like it, we're just docking at another port :p

Last edited:
Farewell and good luck, Kutthroats.

i've been lurking here since the Kostume debacle and i really appreciate all the hard work you kremlings gone through since the ballot, the Kremling Kampaign before the ballot, and the K.Roodley friendship that was sparked during The Ridley Debate.

as of now, i'm trying to reunite the Classic Ganon support in the former predefined role social group thread and making plans to open a villain-y Social Group for all supporters for the big baddies of Nintendo for the Ballot DLC+Smash 5.

with that said...​

i hope you all make it through.

oh and one more last thing...
add me on the kutthoat list, i'm one of yous now

Ayy I got one just at the end

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So we're approaching an end to an era of the King K. Rool Support Thread. Of course, we're nowhere near our final good-byes. We're just docking at the welcoming shores of Oni's Social Group so we can refuel the Galleon while we wait for some news.

Once a Kutthroat, always a Kutthroat. We've experienced a number of challenges in our path, but the Galleon has held strong throughout the voyage to confirmation.

We'll definitely reach the day of King K. Rool's confirmation. All we need is the battle declaration from Sakurai, and we'll head off to konquer Super Smash Bros, Kutthroats!

CardboardedBox

Smash Rookie
Aw what? It's closing? I know I didn't spend much time here, but this thread is the reason I made an account on smashboards in the first place...

Well, bye I guess...

Go K. Rool....

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Aw what? It's closing? I know I didn't spend much time here, but this thread is the reason I made an account on smashboards in the first place...

Well, bye I guess...

Go K. Rool....
It's not goodbye! Stick around and join whatever social group or thread we end up in! :grin:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Ninbuzz's new community choice question is about your favourite nintendo villain. I figure we should flood the comments with K Rool and hopefully he'll be in the top 5.
I just mentioned our King in the comments for that. He's in my avatar so no way Ninbuzz can miss him.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495

Ayy I got one just at the end
thanks, oni. also got the message.

i'll try my best to somehow support the other Ganon thread (thought a new thread and more organized thread will bring up more people to the Ganon support)

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Farewell shipmates! I'll check back when we receive news and find wherever you all may be sailing~ 'til then, on to better things..

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wait...what is happening?
Theead getting closed?
All of the character discussion threads are getting closed; I'm not sure why (seems a bit extreme to do that), but I think it's because there isn't much to discuss due to the end of the Smash Ballot and because we haven't heard anything from Nintendo in months, so a lot of them are getting off-topic.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
All of the character discussion threads are getting closed; I'm not sure why (seems a bit extreme to do that), but I think it's because there isn't much to discuss due to the end of the Smash Ballot and because we haven't heard anything from Nintendo in months, so a lot of them are getting off-topic.
RealTalk....
Yh man i havent been here in months myself...i dont really see any point..its done and it just a waiting game long overdue this whole Sm4sh thing has been ever since the game was litreally announced 2 years or so before development even began on it...

Its Crazy though how we are pretty much at November and still nothing..

I guess they are saving it for Christmas a big blow out.

I say Mid November but tbh there is no telling...i think i am gonna wait till E3 2016 then i might sell my WiiU..its not doing anything for me...i regret selling my 3DS it is a better console but i really needed that money at the time...

The best thing for me about the WiiU i guess was finally playing Paper Mario 64 on the VC.

because on Amazon & Ebay it was going for like £50+ which is ridiculous really...
Ow and Earthbound was truly a magical treat but it is really sad when the best part about a console to you is playing a bunch of old games that were released on like SNES/N64.. etc...also played Chrono trigger and SMRPG were great... but yh...

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
It will be sad to see the thread on a lockdown, but as they say "Everything good has to come to an end."

After the lockdown, we can still come back, look at the fun we used to have, reuse the same old joke, and see some gems here and there. The DLC is not over, neiher is the battle for K. Rool 4 Smash.

Comrades. It has been great. See you on the other page ~

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

I'll put this here. Like most "leaks", it's probably fake, but hey, at least its on the gamepad rather than on the TV, and it has no flaws.

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to do this social group thingy already? Then I'd suggest the OP to set it up before this thread gets shut and we can't reach all the users in this thread. That way, we'd have a smoother transition.... As smooth as coconut cream pies.

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Just make a thread in oni's group.

Everyone else is going there so it'll be beneficial to have our base in the same place, easier for people to find it and all.

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
The thread's closing nya? Did something happen nya? Nyaa.... I'm nobody, but I'll miss my time here nya... Thank you for everything kutthroats nya! You'll always be in a special place in my heart nya! RIP meww... ;n;

... I believe this is all happening for a reason nya...:nifty:

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Well, guess we better pack up all the supplies and prepare ourselves for our next great adventure across the open seas, krusading in the name of our Kaptain. We'll sing our sea-bound shanties and drink our whiskey until the day we can finally dock again, either in victory or to once more begin our krusade to get our beloved Kremling Kaptain into the Smash krew.

But whatever happens, know that our krusade will never truly fall. We'll be the skourge of the seas of kharacter spekulation forever until the day we die or the day our Kaptain is konfirmed, which we'll have fought for tooth and klaw for years. We shaln't let this end our sail, fellow Kutthroats; we can do more.

Long live the Kutthroats, me mateys, and let us continue our krusade; we've done our Kaptain proud!

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So it seems that the Thread Page Number was getting too big too handle and is being shut down because of it. Glad to have met my fellow Kutthroats and look forward to the new thread dedicated to our Krooked King.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Before I go, I made a few versions of Gangplank Galleon from DKC1 where you fight K. Rool in Super Mario Maker, made a third one too but forgot to copy the code, sorry, anyway here are the codes for the first 2 if anyone's interested in playing them.

GG version 1: AD5F-0000-00BC-9886
GG version 2: A9E7-0000-00BC-9CA8

I added croc sounds for both bowser and bowser jr when you hit them but like with Jaidyn's Kongquest stage(thank you Jaidyn btw, it's awesome), you might just hear the bird tweet instead, still, hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Suppose I should send the thread off with at least one final #CrocFacts entry:

American alligators have been recorded devouring a number of different fruits willingly, including alligator apples, wild grapes, elderberries and citrus fruits. It's currently unknown just how much of the alligator diet is fruit and how much is meat, but it's entirely possible that American alligators are mesocarnivores (meaning they eat 50%-70% meat) and not hypercarnivores.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Before reading this post, play this video.

Fellow Kutthroats, it vaguely saddens me that the thread that has kept me coming to Smashboards all these years is closing. That being said, it's probably for the best. Smash speculation has been incredibly boring for months and I can understand why the staff is putting this limping horse down. It doesn't really matter that the thread is closing now anyway. If K. Rool makes it then we get our thread back. If we don't get him, then there's not really much sense in having a support thread. So let's try to keep the crocodile tears to a minimum.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So it seems that the Thread Page Number was getting too big too handle and is being shut down because of it. Glad to have met my fellow Kutthroats and look forward to the new thread dedicated to our Krooked King.
The entire speculation section is closing down, actually, not just this thread.

----------------------------------

I have to say, the section getting closed down for real is unfortunate, as it was the reason why I joined the site in the first place. All good things come to an end, I suppose. It has been a fun ride, through the many ups and downs - being rated as the most wanted character pre-release, the havoc of the ESRB leak, the ballot and the Kremling Kampaign, the K. Rool suit and now this thread's closing. We've been let down many times, but we got up again and fought in true King K. Rool fashion.

When I joined the site, I didn't have a lot of characters who I supported so I visited almost all threads ans stuck with those which I liked. K. Rool and Isaac definitely were the first threads that caught my fancy. I wasn't too familiar with the DKC franchise so this thread actually encouraged me to go and try out the series. And now, DKC2 and DKC3 are among my most treasured games.

The thing I like the most about the Kutthroat Kommunity is that has always been very welcoming and unlike many fanbases doesn't get agitated. This is best exemplified by the bromance with Ridley fans and the friendship with the Isaac fans. It's been a pleasure to be a part of the thread for its 3.5 year run, and I look forward to the group and hopefully, our very own subforum. :)

King K. Rool for Smash!

(How is the group coming along, BKupa666 BKupa666 ?)

:231:

StriderTheReaper

Smash Rookie
NNID
StriderHedgehog
3DS FC
2423-3029-0103
Well, Kutthroats, it's been a wild ride. This thread has been a definite highlight of my short time on SmashBoards and I'd like to wish you all the best of luck. Hopefully, the day will come when the King is restored to his rightful place as a Smash Bros fighter and my main man Wolf will be there to see him in.

As a final gift, here's an AMV using the ultimate 'goodbye and good luck' song. See you all on the other side!

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Aw man, that's sad news...

Oh well, fingers crossed to see this thread reappear on the K. Rool boards! ;)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The entire speculation section is closing down, actually, not just this thread.

----------------------------------

I have to say, the section getting closed down for real is unfortunate, as it was the reason why I joined the site in the first place. All good things come to an end, I suppose. It has been a fun ride, through the many ups and downs - being rated as the most wanted character pre-release, the havoc of the ESRB leak, the ballot and the Kremling Kampaign, the K. Rool suit and now this thread's closing. We've been let down many times, but we got up again and fought in true King K. Rool fashion.

When I joined the site, I didn't have a lot of characters who I supported so I visited almost all threads ans stuck with those which I liked. K. Rool and Isaac definitely were the first threads that caught my fancy. I wasn't too familiar with the DKC franchise so this thread actually encouraged me to go and try out the series. And now, DKC2 and DKC3 are among my most treasured games.

The thing I like the most about the Kutthroat Kommunity is that has always been very welcoming and unlike many fanbases doesn't get agitated. This is best exemplified by the bromance with Ridley fans and the friendship with the Isaac fans. It's been a pleasure to be a part of the thread for its 3.5 year run, and I look forward to the group and hopefully, our very own subforum. :)

King K. Rool for Smash!

(How is the group coming along, BKupa666 BKupa666 ?)

:231:
My plan right now is to start a K. Rool social thread in Oni's group tonight, then in there, we can decide what sorts of threads we want to have in a K. Rool Group (fan art, croc facts, DKC threads, etc.). I'll post a link in here for anyone interested in making the jump to the new thread and group.

Last edited:

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
*Looks through list of speeches*

Well, the thread is closing soon. Honestly, I don't know what to say as I already ran out of cliche speeches.
Since the first day, I have had so much fun in this thread. It was an adventure I won't forget, and I won't forget many of you. All I can say for now is long live the king, and I can't wait to see many of you in the social group.

Top Bottom