• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Bananija

Count of Trickery

It's seem that K.Rool (and even Diddy) won't be in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash....:(

Here is the picture of despair:
As you can see, the secret one are obviously Toadette, Jr, Dry B. and ... Sprixie. Really?

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

It's seem that K.Rool (and even Diddy) won't be in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash....:(

As you can see, the secret one are obviously Toadette, Jr, Dry B. and ... Sprixie. Really?
No Diddy either. Whatever, had no desire to get this anyway. I'll stick to Power Tennis.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
There is technically the chance of DLC characters in Mario Tennis. I doubt it will happen but it is always a possibility. I am frustrated, however, that out of the 4 unlockable characters, there's only 1 unique to this game (I am actually kind of excited for Sprixie, it's different, kind of like Spike in Mario Party 10)

Zynux

Smash Lord
K. Rool has a long way to go before he starts showing up in Mario spinoffs.

Remember, even Dixie hasn't made a single appearance that I know of and sometimes even Diddy misses out.

I have a hard time believing that there will be no Diddy. If true, then who will DK's default partner be? I'm starting to suspect that this isn't the full roster.

Diddy was even in Mario Golf World Tour and Mario Tennis Open, so it's baffling that he may miss out on Ultra Smash.

As for Sprixie, it just seems like Honey Queen (Mario Kart) and Spike (Mario Party), bottom of the barrel characters over established ones.

I hope that's not all the characters. Power tennis seemed to have tons more.

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
I swear since NEW Super Mario Bros. Wii, Nintendo has had a serious issue with mixing up their style with anything Mario. It's been the SAME old simple art style and little to no shadow depth. I hope now that Nintendo is comfy with Donkey Kong they don't put him down the same road. Looking at tropical freeze and returns, it feels that way.

D

Deleted member

I hope this doesn't get flagged as spam.

Since this thread is going slow, i will make this thread go fast :4sonic::

"POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST
GOTTA POST FAST, GOTTA POST FAST,
GOTTA POST FASTER, FASTER, FASTER FASTER FASTER

KUTTHRATING AT THE SPEED OF SOUND
IM THE KUICKEST KREMLING AROUND
GOT OURSELVES A SITUATION
STUCK IN A NEW LOKATION
WITHOUT ANY EXPLANATION
ON FINAL DESTINATION

DON'T, DON'T, DON'T DON'T DON'T SLAM, DON'T JAM,
JUST POST, POST, POST, POST, P-P-P-P-POST, POST!

N-N-N-N-N-N-NA
N-N-N-N-N-N-NA

KING K.ROOL, HE WILL BE IN SMASH
KING K.ROOL, DON'T DARE TO BASH
KING K.ROOL, HE'S COMING NEXT
SO WATCH OUT...FOR KING K.ROOL!

GOTTA POST FAST (KING), GOTTA POST FAST (K.ROOL)
GOTTA POST FASTER, FASTER, FASTER FASTER FASTER
POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST
KIIIIIIIIIIIIING K. ROOOOOOOOOOL
GOTTA POST FASTER!
GOTTA POST FAST!
GOTTA POST FASTER, FASTER FASTER FASTER
KING K.ROOL!"

I hope we get news sooner, otherwise i may as well log out until a new Direct appears.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sorry I've been a bit inactive in this thread as of late...I'm up to my eyebrows in tests, internship applications and whatnot at the moment, and when the Smash, let alone Nintendo scene is as dry as it is, it's tedious to the point of laborious to invest effort into either.

Pity Mario Tennis is looking as bland as it is...like, I remember how many unique characters and courts there were in Power Tennis, as Xzsmmc Xzsmmc said, but here, it literally looks like the same field, just with a handful of palette swaps. I can't fathom how Nintendo or Camelot thinks anyone will be excited for this, especially with the Wii U's audience being what it is.

One silver lining to Diddy's absence: it comes off as even more desperate reaching when people dismiss DK as a Mario spin-off that "is fine with just DK and Diddy" in Smash because of trivial sports titles.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

Remember, even Dixie hasn't made a single appearance that I know of and sometimes even Diddy misses out.

I have a hard time believing that there will be no Diddy. If true, then who will DK's default partner be? I'm starting to suspect that this isn't the full roster.

Diddy was even in Mario Golf World Tour and Mario Tennis Open, so it's baffling that he may miss out on Ultra Smash.

As for Sprixie, it just seems like Honey Queen (Mario Kart) and Spike (Mario Party), bottom of the barrel characters over established ones.

I hope that's not all the characters. Power tennis seemed to have tons more.
Dixie was in both Baseball spinoffs as well as that basketball one for the DS. Not much, but she was there.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sleeping the tennis characters

If I see princess sprinkle in smash 5 as playable

That's got way for the director for stuff to be thrown at him/her

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo plays WAY too safe on character rosters for their sport/racing games. Lately.
It's a Mario thing in general - it affected some of the costume choices in Super Mario Maker, as well. I've started referring to it as Mario Roster Syndrome (it was "Mario Kart Roster Syndrome" before Super Mario Maker showed up). :laugh:

With how homogeneous the roster for Mario spinoffs have gotten, K. Rool hasn't got a prayer. If Diddy can't be in, there's no chance for Rool.
This is the very definition of the aforementioned Mario Roster Syndrome. Well-known characters are being cut in favour of unnecessary bottom-of-the-barrel choices (usually stage enemies or one-time characters that aren't very well-known yet and may never be), items that should be power-ups being made into characters on the roster, with selectable skins for some characters being given their own roster slot even though other skins do share roster slots with the character they're for.

I'm amazed that there isn't a Mahjong tile in this one, honestly. :laugh:

I have a hard time believing that there will be no Diddy.
I don't, sadly. He's been cut from two Mario Kart games running, at this stage. It doesn't seem like a stretch to believe he'll be sponged out of Mario Tennis, too.

I completely agree. I actually had to look up what on Earth a Sprixie is, as I never played the game they're from (I simply wasn't interested in tethering to a home-console for a game that's similar to one I've already played on my 3DS, in this instance).

I swear since NEW Super Mario Bros. Wii, Nintendo has had a serious issue with mixing up their style with anything Mario. It's been the SAME old simple art style and little to no shadow depth. I hope now that Nintendo is comfy with Donkey Kong they don't put him down the same road. Looking at tropical freeze and returns, it feels that way.
Part of me wants to venture a guess that the oft-rumoured Miyamoto-bias may have something to do with it. Any recent Mario game that he has any control over seems to be quite pedestrian, and very locked into specific conventions. There is far less expansion of that universe allowed than there used to be.

One silver lining to Diddy's absence: it comes off as even more desperate reaching when people dismiss DK as a Mario spin-off that "is fine with just DK and Diddy" in Smash because of trivial sports titles.
That's probably the only positive to it.

Myself, I'm still a bit disappointed by Diddy's absence - he's my main in Mario Tennis Open, and he's now been cut from both that and Mario Kart in favour of the likes of stage enemies, costumes, and power-ups. :p

Last edited:

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet

this is very obviously not the final roster. its less than both of the previous tennis games, and camelot always delivers good rosters.

and as for how the roster is "disappointing" because we have characters like sprixie: we'll never get more recurring characters if all we get is the core mario cast and some recurring side characters in every game. sprixie is an addition thats similar to petey piranha's after sunshine, only its taken longer for her to appear as playable.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
this is very obviously not the final roster. its less than both of the previous tennis games, and camelot always delivers good rosters.

and as for how the roster is "disappointing" because we have characters like sprixie: we'll never get more recurring characters if all we get is the core mario cast and some recurring side characters in every game. sprixie is an addition thats similar to petey piranha's after sunshine, only its taken longer for her to appear as playable.
Yep I agree on this
ctually, since it's in official press footage I can post this image, however there is something curious to point out

almost all the icons for everyone(with Rosa as a newcomer being an exception) are placeholders from previous titles(that Waluigi one is 12 years old), that indicates that this likely is NOT the final build. now the other 2 things are it's clearly built for 2 more rows, an additional slot, and possibly even another column. While Nintendo's been making some crappy roster decisions lately, this could be pointing to a further character/content roll-out like Mario Golf Open Tour, Smash, and Splatoon as a result of the obviously rushed launch. Even with Camelot's HD hurdles, the fact that all the standard mook enemies already have HD models, and the fact the roster currently has 3 less characters than the full roster(including transfer characters) of the original game from what 15 years now?

I can say we hope and don't think this is over. So going by the layout, we have 7 character slots without adding a column, and it goes up to 15 with another Column which is easily doable. Honestly, this one seems likely since unlike say smash, while each character does have unique animations, balancing is extremely quick since it's merely a stat change rather than a new moveset.

Well, Wait see and hope I guess

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
Yep I agree on this
ctually, since it's in official press footage I can post this image, however there is something curious to point out

almost all the icons for everyone(with Rosa as a newcomer being an exception) are placeholders from previous titles(that Waluigi one is 12 years old), that indicates that this likely is NOT the final build. now the other 2 things are it's clearly built for 2 more rows, an additional slot, and possibly even another column. While Nintendo's been making some crappy roster decisions lately, this could be pointing to a further character/content roll-out like Mario Golf Open Tour, Smash, and Splatoon as a result of the obviously rushed launch. Even with Camelot's HD hurdles, the fact that all the standard mook enemies already have HD models, and the fact the roster currently has 3 less characters than the full roster(including transfer characters) of the original game from what 15 years now?

I can say we hope and don't think this is over. So going by the layout, we have 7 character slots without adding a column, and it goes up to 15 with another Column which is easily doable. Honestly, this one seems likely since unlike say smash, while each character does have unique animations, balancing is extremely quick since it's merely a stat change rather than a new moveset.

theres also the fact that, if i remember correctly, mario kart 8 had roughly the same amount of development time, maybe a little bit more, and it still delivered a 30 character roster with only a handful of characters that had similar models to existing ones. their main focus was the courses, clearly, but with this game seemingly having the same court with a different floor (not necessarily something i like, but if it means what im going to say, then ill take it), it might be the opposite of mk8 with them having spent a ton of time on character models and we could be looking at a roster potentially nearing 30 characters. a little hopeful, but i still have no doubts we'll at least get more than 20.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I wonder if there are more secret characters or characters that would be patched in without a price cost like Splatoon?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Yep I agree on this

I hope you guys are right. :) The game has some features that could be potentially interesting, especially if the Amiibo support extends to learning-AI players like Smash 3DS/Wii U has, and it'd be good if it didn't become the next Mario Roster Syndrome victim.

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
I hope you guys are right. :) The game has some features that could be potentially interesting, especially if the Amiibo support extends to learning-AI players like Smash 3DS/Wii U has, and it'd be good if it didn't become the next Mario Roster Syndrome victim.
i really dont get the whole "mario roster syndrome" thing. the only roster to really suffer from poor choices was mario kart 8's, and that was probably a combination of the courses and the koopalings (though that doesnt explain the awful dlc minus dry bowser). mario kart 7 i could see potentially being considered awful, but waluigi was planned and only got cut because of time restraints. it had some questionable roster choices (honey queen mostly, and also wiggler being in such a small roster (metal mario im assuming is the result of a cut waluigi)), but thats how games make a name for themselves among the ocean of mario sports titles. if they added characters like waluigi, diddy, and bowser jr over some of the newcomers, it wouldnt have really stood out among other games.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
To be honest I can live with only Daisy and BJR in a Tennis game. Even though any other character from the DKC series would have been gnarly. And with online confirmed Im 80% certain Im buying that game.
Also I laughed/had a stroke when my brother came to me saying "They leaked the remaining 4 characters... for Mario Tennis US".

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Possibly cutting Shy Guy, Fly Guy, Petey, Wiggler, Koopa, and Paratroopa (AND DIDDY) in favor of Sprixie.... rly. Why not just keep them all (including DK.Jr from 64)... and add characters like King Boo, Koopalings, and Wart?

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
Possibly cutting Shy Guy, Fly Guy, Petey, Wiggler, Koopa, and Paratroopa (AND DIDDY) in favor of Sprixie.... rly. Why not just keep them all (including DK.Jr from 64)... and add characters like King Boo, Koopalings, and Wart?
why are you assuming all those characters are replaced by one character? or that removing that one character would allow all of those characters as well as a bunch more to be added? both are pretty far-fetched ideas, seeing as both scenarios are either one original character, or several original characters. sprixie isnt that complex.

as for my opinions the characters i see as unlikely (being fly guy, wiggler, petey, and all the characters you said at the end), back when power tennis came out, there wasnt a huge amount of staple characters, with the only one left out being toad (birdo and toadette were only starting to appear more then). all the unlockable characters seemed to me as the oddball choices, with petey being a new character just starting to make his mark and wiggler, fly guy, and (to a lesser extent), paratroopa as sideline enemies. half of those are model edits, while the other half are characters who havent made many playable appearances recently. petey of those four is the only one i really see being added, but i think thats a stretch.

dk jr and wart i think are pretty obvious since they havent had a true appearance in a long time.

boo pretty much prevents king boo from ever appearing in the game, especially with paratroopa and fly guy being (imo) unlikely despite being easier edits. also, with mega mushrooms, mega boo looks pretty close to king boo.

the koopalings were a part of the reason the mk8 roster was weak, since theyre pretty much one character split into 7 spots with them basically being inseparable. with this roster almost definitely being smaller, i dont think camelot would take the risk of adding them over seven other characters, especially with the backlash mk8's roster got.

i definitely think we'll be seeing koopa, diddy, and most likely shy guy, though.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
*Sigh*

What happened with the days that when Shadow Mario, Boo, Petey, Toaddete, Dry Bowser, Shy Guy, Dry Bones and such were added to games and it was alright to keep the roster with adds like that, and then the developers go with SPIKE, Gold Pink PEACH, and the HONEY SKREEONK QUEEN BEE...?!

:bowser:

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Heh, you're sure missing a lot. K. Rool's last appaerance (barring the trophy/Mii costume in Smash) was in Mario Super Sluggers. Dixie was also in several Mario spinoffs, more than Funky has been. She's been in at least 3, I believe Mario Hoops 3-on-3, Mario Superstar Baseball, and Mario Super Sluggers as well.

Anyway, in regards to K. Rool getting in a Mario spinoff, it was a slim shot, but there's no way he would be announced for one before he gets into Smash (or returns in DKC). Once one of these things happen, though, I could easily see him appear in Mario spinoffs because it was fan demand that got him back into the Nintendo scene. That is, UNLESS they're trying to distance DKC and Mario a lot more from one another, so DK will go back to having its own spinoffs instead, with the only crossover character being DK himself.

In regards to Diddy not being in the game, well, there is DLC as a possibility. Its weird that Diddy's not in, but if you look at the roster screen, it does look weird. Characters in the roster select use old renders, even though they do have brand new renders made for this game. That said, I think its probably the final roster upon release. They may have planned more but some got scrapped.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
i really dont get the whole "mario roster syndrome" thing. the only roster to really suffer from poor choices was mario kart 8's, and that was probably a combination of the courses and the koopalings (though that doesnt explain the awful dlc minus dry bowser).
I should point out that I'm actually very laid-back (it's a "Dedede's lounging on the battlefield in Smash" level of laid-back :laugh:) about roster choices in general, be it in Smash, Mario Kart, or whatever else, as long as they're mostly logical, and Mario Roster Syndrome as I define it is actually a half-joking thing. :laugh:

That said, I'd say that it covers Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Mario Party 10, and Super Mario Maker, at this point.

Mario Kart 7 for cutting Diddy Kong and others, and replacing them with Honey Queen, Wiggler, and Metal Mario (that's a one-time character, a stage enemy/course hazard, and what should have been a power-up).

Mario Kart 8 for similar, even as far as charging extra money for some of them (Cat Peach and Dry Bowser, I'm looking at you), even though some of the other DLC extra skins shared the roster slot with their relevant character.

Mario Party 10 added a new playable character - it was Spike, a random enemy.

Super Mario Maker has some bizarre costume choices that appear to be there for the sake of quantity over quality - perhaps it's just me, but Trampolines, Mahjong tiles, "?" Blocks, and similar, really don't strike me as something appealing that I'd want to throw into a level design and play as. The choices like this stand out purely because most of the rest were so good, though. :p

mario kart 7 i could see potentially being considered awful, but waluigi was planned and only got cut because of time restraints. it had some questionable roster choices (honey queen mostly, and also wiggler being in such a small roster (metal mario im assuming is the result of a cut waluigi)), but thats how games make a name for themselves among the ocean of mario sports titles. if they added characters like waluigi, diddy, and bowser jr over some of the newcomers, it wouldnt have really stood out among other games.
This doesn't sound like a positive for Mario Kart 7, honestly - having Honey Queen, Wiggler, and Metal Mario doesn't make that roster stand out and make a name for itself in a positive way. ;) I do think that Lakitu was a good addition, though, since it was fun to see him get a shot on the track instead of being the flagman.

why are you assuming all those characters are replaced by one character?
I'm pretty sure that it's because they've done this in several other games over the course of the last few years - the same reason I joke about Mario Roster Syndrome. :laugh:

That is, UNLESS they're trying to distance DKC and Mario a lot more from one another, so DK will go back to having its own spinoffs instead, with the only crossover character being DK himself.
You know, as long as it turns out that way and it doesn't end up just being the DK characters being blotted out of the Mario spin-offs, I'd be happy with that if it meant some new DK spin-offs.

Last edited:

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
Mario Party 10 added a new playable character - it was Spike, a random enemy.

Super Mario Maker has some bizarre costume choices that appear to be there for the sake of quantity over quality - perhaps it's just me, but Trampolines, Mahjong tiles, "?" Blocks, and similar, really don't strike me as something appealing that I'd want to throw into a level design and play as. The choices like this stand out purely because most of the rest were so good, though. :p
spike by himself is hardly an example of a mario roster being bad, and i really dont see that as a bad choice. spike has been around for a long time, has recently started to make a lot of appearances, and was a boss in mario party 9. hes on the same level as having dry bones playable in mario kart ds or mario party 7.

as for super mario maker, we got a ton of costumes, with the only really notable absences being daisy, k rool, wolf, and the ice climbers. having some odd choices among the dozens of other ones doesnt make the "roster" bad. and i dont think this would count anyway because this is not really a true mario roster. its just a bunch of alternate sprites and sounds and the mario costumes are a fraction of the total amount.

This doesn't sound like a positive for Mario Kart 7, honestly - having Honey Queen, Wiggler, and Metal Mario doesn't make that roster stand out and make a name for itself in a positive way. ;) I do think that Lakitu was a good addition, though, since it was fun to see him get a shot on the track instead of being the flagman.
well the developers had no way of knowing the roster would be taken so horribly, and like i said, with them needing to stand out, you cant really blame them for trying. at least they didnt add honey queen in mario kart 8, despite that roster being worse.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
well the developers had no way of knowing the roster would be taken so horribly, and like i said, with them needing to stand out, you cant really blame them for trying.
I'm not sure that removing popular characters who've been present for multiple games, and replacing them with strange choices that are widely perceived as odd or bottom-of-the-barrel choices really counts as trying to stand out, personally. I wouldn't blame them for trying, but I'm not entirely sure they did.

at least they didnt add honey queen in mario kart 8, despite that roster being worse.
I completely agree. :laugh: That would've been pretty terrible.

InsaneHippo

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure that removing popular characters who've been present for multiple games, and replacing them with strange choices that are widely perceived as odd or bottom-of-the-barrel choices really counts as trying to stand out, personally. I wouldn't blame them for trying, but I'm not entirely sure they did.

I completely agree. :laugh: That would've been pretty terrible.
i disagree, i think adding those bottom of the barrel choices is what makes it stand out. wiggler and lakitu are undeniably widely-love characters, and while lakitu was a great addition, wiggler just didnt fit with a small roster, though he wasnt really a bad choice per se. metal mario i dont really count because im pretty sure he was the result of waluigi not being in due to time restraints (a 17 character roster would have looked odd with that organization, as well). honey queen is pretty much the only really bad choice (though...to be honest i personally liked her so im sad to see that shes probably not going to appear again because of the mk7 backlash :( ) that was in the game, but i think it was an attempt at trying to bring more characters out of the galaxy series than just rosalina, similary to how sunshine ended up adding bowser jr, petey, shadow mario, piantas, nokis, and shine sprites into the series as a whole. they just didnt think it would be taken that horribly.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Dixie was in both Baseball spinoffs as well as that basketball one for the DS. Not much, but she was there.
Heh, you're sure missing a lot. K. Rool's last appaerance (barring the trophy/Mii costume in Smash) was in Mario Super Sluggers. Dixie was also in several Mario spinoffs, more than Funky has been. She's been in at least 3, I believe Mario Hoops 3-on-3, Mario Superstar Baseball, and Mario Super Sluggers as well.
Seems you guys are correct. I'm well aware about K. Rool in Slugggers, but I did miss Dixie's appearance in basketball.

Either way, my point still stands that it seems very difficult for DKC characters to get in these spin offs. Even Diddy isn't a guarantee all the time.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I think we might stop seeing DK characters in Mario spinoffs. Instead, we should ask for DK spinoffs. Diddy Kong Racing 2 is still the best rumor of this generation. And something like a Donkey Kong Strikers would be awesome since Mario would rather insist on the tennis and golf instead of sports with more contact.

Not to mention that a DK spinoff is more likely give us things like Klump. Krusha and even Brash the Bear.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think we might stop seeing DK characters in Mario spinoffs. Instead, we should ask for DK spinoffs. Diddy Kong Racing 2 is still the best rumor of this generation. And something like a Donkey Kong Strikers would be awesome since Mario would rather insist on the tennis and golf instead of sports with more contact.

Not to mention that a DK spinoff is more likely give us things like Klump. Krusha and even Brash the Bear.
With DKC back in the spotlight, yeah, I could see DK characters in Mario spinoffs stop and DK spinoffs start again, probably with Diddy Kong Racing 2 being the headline for that. Mario & Sonic will likely be an exception to the norm, that's a special case anyway.

EDIT: Although, in cases where there needs to be pairs, Diddy could still pop up again.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'd buy a Donkey Kong Tennis or Donkey Kong Party game.
As much as I'd definitely buy a Donkey Kong Tennis myself, in the spirit of wanting to see Diddy Kong Racing 2, considering how that differentiated itself from Mario Kart, I think that I'd prefer to see some titles that aren't just "What Mario Does, But With DK Instead", myself. :p

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
As much as I'd definitely buy a Donkey Kong Tennis myself, in the spirit of wanting to see Diddy Kong Racing 2, considering how that differentiated itself from Mario Kart, I think that I'd prefer to see some titles that aren't just "What Mario Does, But With DK Instead", myself. :p
True. How about DK Wrestling or Boxing then, or is that too similiar to SSB?

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
DK Island Hockey, take the gameplay rough and wild style, like Mutant league style, make the Kongs and Kremlings the primary warring leagues with KSF(Kong Skating Federation) vs the KRA(K.Rool's Rouge Alliance) with both having 2 primary teams with unlockable characters. At it's core it's Hockey, but characters also bring items and tend to battle on the rink. Also 2 bonus teams The SSP(Snowmad Survivor's Patrol) and The MKT(Mushroom Kingdom Travelers, is a hidden team with Mario and a couple other characters)
Bonus modes involve full out brawling on the rink, boss fights, and Booby-trapped Rinks. Oh and you can customize rinks with traps(created by K.Rool of course)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
DK Island Hockey, take the gameplay rough and wild style, like Mutant league style, make the Kongs and Kremlings the primary warring leagues with KSF(Kong Skating Federation) vs the KRA(K.Rool's Rouge Alliance) with both having 2 primary teams with unlockable characters. At it's core it's Hockey, but characters also bring items and tend to battle on the rink. Also 2 bonus teams The SSP(Snowmad Survivor's Patrol) and The MKT(Mushroom Kingdom Travelers, is a hidden team with Mario and a couple other characters)
Bonus modes involve full out brawling on the rink, boss fights, and Booby-trapped Rinks. Oh and you can customize rinks with traps(created by K.Rool of course)
I'd buy that.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh, definitely not. We don't need "What Mario does with DK instead." We need DK spinoffs that work, but do their own thing. I'd like to see the pegboard games come back with an improved system, Diddy Kong Racing, and maybe a different DK spinoff that fits better in the context of DKC than just adding DK sports spinoffs. If we get DK sports spinoffs, let's get something unique the Kongs might do for fun on their own, rather than just use real-life sports.

DK: King of Swing essentially did this, since the gameplay is based on a sport called "Jungle Jam" they created in-universe.

Top Bottom