• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Burruni

Smash Hero
He was though... StarTropics never made it to Japan.

1. Banaenaes duh.
2. Kool kool.
3. Anywhere between the time frame of right this second and the end of the world.
4. A robot. Mekanikal K. Rool would be pretty kool.
5. He's owned by Microsoft. (My response, "Yep, and Diddy Kong is too!")
6. Wintropy Wintropy is in the Abyss, man. Did you not check the location?

Also cool Firebrand theme.
I meant INSIDE Japan.

Sorry, too common to the region exclusive being in the east not the west.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I meant INSIDE Japan.

Sorry, too common to the region exclusive being in the east not the west.
But it was created by one of Nintendo's biggest honchos, the man who created the wii and others. So he's got creator rep on his side, and Japanese developed at least

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I think it's time for more questions since we are likely not gonna get news anytime soon:
1-What do you think K.Rool eats?
2-What would be your reaction if K.Rool was in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash?
3-When do you think we are getting Smash news?
4-If K.Rool died after the failure of one of his schemes, ¿How would you revive him? ¿As a Robot? ¿As a Zombie? ¿Use the Dragon Balls?
5-¿What is the worst argument you have heard against K.Rool?
6-¿Where's Wintropy Wintropy ? :~;
1. THE TEARS OF HIS DETRACTORS Probably bananas, or whatever kingly meals they serve him on Krocidile Isle.
2. I'd be pretty excited. He would probably be one of my most played characters next to Waluigi if the goold ol' King gets included.
3. Probably the first couple weeks of November,they do need to drum up what hype they can for the holiday season (even if they even hardly have anything, they still need to try to keep us informed).
4. I think a Kremlinator cyborg or Kount Krockula would be kool enough for K. Rool.
5. K. Rool being owned by Rare/Microsoft. (This one makes the least sense to me as Diddy, Dixie, Cranky, Funky and others are Rare characters and are used in post buyout DK games)

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
They both do/did the same thing for Nintendo. RogersBase has been out of the game for over 3 years, JWittz hasn't. In my opinion that eventually makes him a much more reliable source. You don't think that Nintendo gives out classified information to a low-rank worker who left his position 3 years ago? Really?

Nintendo has no reason to give information to a bunch of YouTubers with 50-300K subscribers. If they know that the person in question can increase the popularity of their product, maybe. But I'm afraid RogersBase can't do that with his little channel.

But to conclude my opinion: JWittz has at least had a recent collaboration with Nintendo, and RogersBase hasn't. I therefore trust and view him as a more credible source.
You....dont really think that a Nintendo official just comes out and hands these people info, do you? The info was leaked to roger(likely from someone he knew within the company), it's giving out info they arent supposed to give out in the first place, not an official announcement being handed out to youtubers who collaborated with the company. :/
It's possible JWittz could potentially know info on things but chances are if he did he would be under an NDA with it. Meaning he could not talk about said info anyway.
This was info being passed illegally, not an official announcement of there being upcoming info, so it really wouldnt matter how credible you find JWittz as he wouldnt be able to talk on it either way.

Last edited:
4-If K.Rool died after the failure of one of his schemes, ¿How would you revive him? ¿As a Robot? ¿As a Zombie? ¿Use the Dragon Balls?
1. Probably gorges himself on the stolen bananas, but that kind of girth would take something else entirely. Maybe he eats the bosses who fail him throughout the game? I can see him snacking on a giant Necky drumstick.
2. Cool! But still not buying it!
3. In a week.
4. K. Rool the White; wizard beard, walking cane and all.
5. He can't jump (heard this one during the Brawl era)
6. You'll need a ouija board to hear from him/her. Just remember to point to GOODBYE when you're done.

Last edited:
Seriously? :laugh: How on Earth would anyone draw that kind of conclusion? I don't think I can think of a single appearance of his where he doesn't jump, off of the top of my head...
I remember hearing that one in the same post as "Ridley can't perch on the ground" for a reason against him, too. The guy was just on a roll!

If "can't jump" didn't stop Olimar, it can't stop anyone.

ThePhenomTaker

Smash Cadet
i feel all this Super Smash Bros WiiU/3DS Rumor stuff is going to die down pretty soon i have a feeling the Wave5 Mii Costumes are coming that includes more stages and next DLC characters too i can see it happening somehow

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think I may know why Sakurai wouldn't put K. Rool in, a source (Who asked not to be named) told me that appearently at first he decided not to due to problems with his moveset and other things such as relevency, and added a costume to compensate, unfortunetly the fan reaction to the costume was so lukeworm, that he decided against the King entirely, even if he were to be considered later on to be developed due to fan demand. I'm not sure on this, but it all just seemed too real to be fake.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
i feel all this Super Smash Bros WiiU/3DS Rumor stuff is going to die down pretty soon i have a feeling the Wave5 Mii Costumes are coming that includes more stages and next DLC characters too i can see it happening somehow
Hmmm, how long a ago was the Mario Maker stage update?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I think I may know why Sakurai wouldn't put K. Rool in, a source (Who asked not to be named) told me that appearently at first he decided not to due to problems with his moveset and other things such as relevency, and added a costume to compensate, unfortunetly the fan reaction to the costume was so lukeworm, that he decided against the King entirely, even if he were to be considered later on to be developed due to fan demand. I'm not sure on this, but it all just seemed too real to be fake.
Nothing about that seems real. At all.

It's just the usual half-baked detractions and unfounded claims, rolled up into "I heard it from a source who asked not to be named".

Burruni

Smash Hero
I remember hearing that one in the same post as "Ridley can't perch on the ground" for a reason against him, too. The guy was just on a roll!

If "can't jump" didn't stop Olimar, it can't stop anyone.
Olimar jumps in Pikmin 2.... in the cutscenes for descending into the various floors of all the caverns and when entering the geysers to leave.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
1. I'd imagine he'd eat seafood personally served to him by the Kremlings. He'd wear a special dining outfit and play classical music in the background.
2. If King K. Rool was in Ultra Smash, I'd personally be glad to see him, but I still wouldn't buy it.
3. I'd say we'd get some kind of news early to mid-November. Definitely before mid-December.
4. I'd like to see him as a cartoony vampire. Kount K. Rool would be nice to imagine, he may launch pirate ship attacks at night. How he'd turn into a vampire... Maybe he'd get the Kremlings to put some vampire potion in him if he died?
5. "We already have too many Mario characters, I'd-" Ssssh, let me stop you right there. I can get Yoshi, I can get Wario. But Donkey Kong and his characters are different. DK and Mario started out in the first arcade game or two, DK shows up in a few spin-offs, and that's it. They're not connected the same way Mario and the Yoshi's Island or even WarioWare games.

Kroconut

Smash Cadet
Worse comes to worst and we still don't get K. Rool in Smash, at least we have his return to the Donkey Kong franchise to anticipate tremendously!

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Hmmm, so, maybe there is a chance we will get something in November? Apparently, updates happen every two months.
Im assuming we should be getting something new somewhat soonish honestly. We got three character slots and iirc at at least two stage slots from datamining known at this point I can see us getting something out of that in the next couple months. Smash DLC could be cool for the one year anniversary or even as something for the holidays(hopefully sooner though lol)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Im assuming we should be getting something new somewhat soonish honestly. We got three character slots and iirc at at least two stage slots from datamining known at this point I can see us getting something out of that in the next couple months. Smash DLC could be cool for the one year anniversary or even as something for the holidays(hopefully sooner though lol)
Soonish? As in by the end of October or by November? Yeah, I can see something coming before the end of the year as well. If only we didn't have a news drought right now.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think we'll get character(s) by the 1-year anniversary of Smash. I think we'll get an announcement sooner than that, within the next two weeks. I think we're still getting a Nintendo Direct soon, just not this week (obviously).

Which is also beneficial, because it means several additional games that won't be featured in it; Project Zero/Fatal Frame, Triforce Heroes, Happy Home Designer, and Yoshi's Woolly World.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I think it's time for more questions since we are likely not gonna get news anytime soon:
1. Bananas
2. Happy, but I be a bit irritated if it was his PAON design. I hope he returns full on Rare style.
3. Soon.
4. Well, K. Rool is techinally part of the extended Mario Universe, so the obvious answer is:
To have Kamek swoop in and magic K. Rool temporarily into Dry K. Rool!
5. That he would be a Bowser clone.

*EDIT* In regards to my answer to #4, that would actually be a funny Kremling enemy. a wizard kroc that looks like Kamek only more krocodilian, named Camec.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Kinda crazy that Diddy and Zero Suit are two of the best characters in this game...with someone from each franchise being VERY MUCH on everyone's "Wanted List". Come on Ridley and King K!!! I hope we end up with at least 2 of the big 3...

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I also heard from a source that Sakurai is planning on adding Barney the Dinosaur as a DLC Fighter! He's a Captain Falcon clone. You can trust me guys, my uncle works at Nintendo. He didn't give pictures or videos or anything even remotely credible, but it all just seemed to real, so it must be true! :awesome:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
1. Fish.
2. The same reaction as usual...
\
...GUNS, CARS, ROCK 'N' ROLL AND 'MURICA!!!!
3. By the end of the month. I think it'll be Halloween themed at this pace. I think something BIG will be revealed then to honor the 1 year anniversary of Smash 3DS' relase, but stuff may be held off for a much later date. That stuff would be held back in honor of the 1 year anniversary of Smash Wii U's release...and for another Roy/Ryu same day release gimmick potentially.
4. NANOMACHINES SON!!!
5. "He'd just be a Wario clone!" (the person meant to say Bowser, but still lmaoooo!!!)
And who is this JWittz guy you speak of?
A popular pokétuber. He is actually a really good channel, I recommend you look him up.
He also does commentary for Pokémon tournaments, including the Poké World Championship series of tournaments (which The Pokémon Company [and Game Freak] sponsor and run).

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I think we'll get character(s) by the 1-year anniversary of Smash. I think we'll get an announcement sooner than that, within the next two weeks. I think we're still getting a Nintendo Direct soon, just not this week (obviously).

Which is also beneficial, because it means several additional games that won't be featured in it; Project Zero/Fatal Frame, Triforce Heroes, Happy Home Designer, and Yoshi's Woolly World.
Off topic but am I the only one peeved that Fatal Frame wasnt up at midnight? I was hoping to get that if it went up instead of Transformers Devastation but it didnt :/

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
So, Halloween is right around the corner, you guys!
Ahh, the spooks! The costumes! The COSTUMES!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So, Halloween is right around the corner, you guys!
Ahh, the spooks! The costumes! The COSTUMES!
I really want Halloween costumes. Imagine a Mr. L costume... or even a DKC3 costume for K. Rool!!! :awesome:
I also heard from a source that Sakurai is planning on adding Barney the Dinosaur as a DLC Fighter! He's a Captain Falcon clone. You can trust me guys, my uncle works at Nintendo. He didn't give pictures or videos or anything even remotely credible, but it all just seemed to real, so it must be true! :awesome:
My dad is Doc from Back to the Future II, and he told me...
-The Chicago Cubs win the World Series by beating the American League champs the Miami Giants in the World Series.
-Fax machines are more relevant than ever.
-Bill Cosby is the biggest positive role model in America.
-Star Wars Episode XVI: Revenge of Rocky Balboa comes out next year.
-The Excite Biker and Mach Rider are the forthcoming added playable characters to the roster in Super Smash Bros. for the Nintendo Extreme Turbo Hyper Ultra Super Nintendo Entertainment System. You can get them via expansion floppy discs via a paid phone call. You will them receive the floppy disc (floppy discs are made of a special metallic-like paper now BTW) via a fax machine.

Sorry guys, K. Rool didn't exist in 1985. The time change means:
-Rareware never made video games after 1987. After 1987 Rareware became a booming appliance company, with a bear and a bird on the logo.
-Microsoft entered the gaming market in 1993, and left by 2012.
-Konami's stockholders have strong anti-gambling beliefs, meaning Konami won't the gambling business.
-SEGA is the dominant brand in gaming.

Thus, K. Rool is still only a theorized Pokémon past October 21, 2015. Sorry guys.

Oh, but on the bright side, Gabe Newell is the President of America! You're welcome for that news.

Last edited:
NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
1. Monkeys
2. An official modern K Rool model and artwork, yeah!
3. Not for a while, Novemeber by the earliest
4. Terminator-esque Cyborg
5. Too Ugly

1. Meat and bananas.
2. I'd be glad, although I probably wouldn't buy the game.
3. November.
4. Same way as Jr revived Bowser in NSMB.
5. Either "too big" or "too boring".

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
1. Fish? Can't say I gave it much thought, but in-universe, I think he can only eat fish without seeming like a mass murderer.
2. Ecstatic.
3. Within this month (hopefully)
4. With SCIENCE, of course. Give him a few cybernetic enhancements - arm cannon shooting klaptraps? Krown bomb? A cape which can slice through enemies? A damage resistant gut?
5. Too big/ugly/scary. (There's a difference between not knowing the facts and making up excuses)
6. She was last seen today (my time zone) She's around.

:231:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm here, and I do check in occasionally, but I've become quite weary of the news drought and have temporarily migrated to the competitive forum in the meantime.

I still support K. Rool, I haven't abandoned him or anything, but I'm not getting involved in hearsay and fake leaks until we get something directly from Nintendo themselves. Horse's mouth and all that jazzmatazz.

Trust me: when the time comes for something big to be revealed, I will be right here with ye scurvy krocs.

Incidentally, it makes my heart warm and sweet to know that you're thinking of me. You guys Rool~ :3

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
If only he was seen outside of Japan.

:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4peach: all time traveled in Partners In Time.

:4marth::4myfriends: if you count the DLC for Awakening

:4sonic: in a few ways

At least :4pikachu::4charizard: via Celebi.

:4link:

:4villager: if you count the Bank Interest glitch.

:4ness: Whatever Magicant is.

:4wario2: I feel counts due to the weird time keeper frogs in Wario Land 4.

And.... :4shulk:I think the ending counts?
How do you mention Awakening, then not include :4lucina:? :p

Top Bottom