• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
It just started raining in California again two days ago. Kinda sad that California's drought ended before Nintendo's did.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
NWplayer AKA nikki aka Octogirl is a fraud.

if all of her previous tweets weren't proof enough she got caught in a lie.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
You guys know that Sean could be covering his tracks, but what ever. At this point, anytime someone mentions one of these "leakers", I just scroll down until I see something new.

A random neat DK-related thing has gone up for pre-order on Amazon's US site - a little DK Barrel for storing 3DS/DS games and styli.

I just figured I'd link it here in case anybody wanted one. :laugh:
that sims 3 game ruins this entire picture for me :laugh:.

Also, I am planning to download the K. Rool mod that I mentioned earlier. Does anyone want me to post the moveset and/or review it? I might anyway but say what you want me to cover.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Was the K. Rool picture with Lucina and Rosalina ever posted? I'm curious to see how it turned out
That profile picture is from Awkward Zombie's latest Last Of Us comic. Except there should be a speech bubble touching a strand of Ellie's hair. But it isn't in your pic. This is going to sound silly, but are you Katie Tiedrich?

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
You guys know that Sean could be covering his tracks, but what ever. At this point, anytime someone mentions one of these "leakers", I just scroll down until I see something new.

that sims 3 game ruins this entire picture for me :laugh:.

Also, I am planning to download the K. Rool mod that I mentioned earlier. Does anyone want me to post the moveset and/or review it? I might anyway but say what you want me to cover.
Yep, do that. I wonder if it's actually a fleshed out moveset and if the animations look good. Most characters on the Brawl Vault just copy all the moves from the characters they are based on, which ruins most of the euphoria of having that character in the game. This and crappy animations, of course.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Just a question since I had first heard about stealth(as a leaker anyway. know them as rpgrinder on faqs) from here. But are they known at all for any journalistic accomplishments or known as a competitive player in any way?

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
That profile picture is from Awkward Zombie's latest Last Of Us comic. Except there should be a speech bubble touching a strand of Ellie's hair. But it isn't in your pic. This is going to sound silly, but are you Katie Tiedrich?
That would be cool but no. I did found this picture in her forums though

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Just a question since I had first heard about stealth(as a leaker anyway. know them as rpgrinder on faqs) from here. But are they known at all for any journalistic accomplishments or known as a competitive player in any way?
I don't know about being a competitive player, but supposedly he knew about the April 1st Nintendo Direct in advance.

D

Deleted member

I don't know if i should be saying this, but i have noticed the absence of @Wintropy in this thread for quite a few days.

Anyway i dcided to bring more questions because god knows we gotta keep this thread talk interesing.

1.If you had to make a DKC RPG, ¿What would the story and setting be like?
2.If they made a sequel to Diddy Kong Racing, ¿What would you like to see added? (aside from the obvious K.Rool inclusion)
3.Out of all the Nintendo villains out there, ¿Who do you think K.Rool would get along with?
4.If you had to give K.Rool superpowers, ¿What kind of powers would you give him?
5.¿How evil do you think K.Rool is?
6.If K.Rool had to share his trailer with some newcomer who isn't a DK character, ¿Who would you choose?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
My dad is a ghostbuster and he told me Iwata said that Guitaroo Man is gonna be the next Smash DLC character before he went into the ghost trap

Pls belieb me
That's not funny, you're talking about a very touchy subject that people have mourned about.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I don't know about being a competitive player, but supposedly he knew about the April 1st Nintendo Direct in advance.
Ah ok. They seemed to be taking shots in the dark with that on gamefaqs from what I could tell.
They're talking themselves up a lot on gamefaqs so I thought I might as well ask around.

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't know if i should be saying this, but i have noticed the absence of @Wintropy in this thread for quite a few days.

Anyway i dcided to bring more questions because god knows we gotta keep this thread talk interesing.

2.If they made a sequel to Diddy Kong Racing, ¿What would you like to see added? (aside from the obvious K.Rool inclusion)
3.Out of all the Nintendo villains out there, ¿Who do you think K.Rool would get along with?
4.If you had to give K.Rool superpowers, ¿What kind of powers would you give him?
6.If K.Rool had to share his trailer with some newcomer who isn't a DK character, ¿Who would you choose?
1. Kongs get bananas stolen. Jungle setting. :shades:
2. Banjo as a third-party character. There is no Diddy Kong Racing without Banjo.
3. None of them. King K. Rool is the alpha gator and he shares the spotlight with no one.
4. Cartoon physics.
5. I do not believe he is evil, I believe he is insane and therefore lacks the competence to understand the ramifications of evil.
6. Falco, I suppose it sort of stems back to Subspace Emissary. Star Fox characters helped the Donkey Kong characters, I could see it happening again.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Look at Wintropy's recent posts on her profile
1 DK and K.Rool team up to fight a bigger, mechanical threat, would have a lot of factory stuff
2 I dunno
3 Ridley, they're both arses
4 Laz0rz
5 Easily top 5 most evil Nintendo villains
6 Ridley or Tetra because poorits

1. Through familiar DK settings, with unusual twists here and there. The Kongs and Kremlings should put their differences aside to face a shared enemy. The true, final villain should be Pauline, who blames the Kongs for ruining her relationship with Mario. :smirk:

2. A drill vehicle that can break through certain surfaces and take underground routes.

3. Dedede.

4. Shockwave voice. One of his promotional stills from DK64 had his mouth wide open and his cape billowing behind him, and I always thought that was supposed to be some Sindel-like shockwave scream. You know his one voice clip in the DKC games when he gets hurt? Try to imagine that voice in a long, sustained roar.

5. On one hand, he has all the trappings of your usual "foiled again"-type villain - on the other, his demeanor in DK64 and the way he was firing cannonballs at a restrained DK in DKC2 shows a crueler side of him, and one that matches his name.

6. Ridley, because they're a couple of big-honkin' villain lizards who were both at one point the two most wanted characters in Smash.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I don't ever remember Sims 3 being released on 3DS.
It was one of the launch-window releases.

Please do both of these things. It'll be something K. Rool-related to read about! :laugh:

I wouldn't do this - I dislike RPGs because I don't find them to be fun or mechanically interesting. Trying to imagine one isn't something that I can do. :laugh:

Online multi-player, mainly. I would also remove the unnecessary repetition and unfairness. (I've always wanted to see a sequel because this marred the game for me, and I want to see its potential properly lived up to.)

I don't think he'd get along with anyone. Pretending to get along with them so that he could leverage their skills, though, I could see, and I'd imagine that he'd try that with anybody who doesn't know his true intentions, be they evil themselves or not. :laugh:

Probably the generic standby of super-strength, as he's already muscular.

Pretty damn evil. We know why he stole DK's Banana Hoard, we saw him hitting DK with his blunderbuss and pelting him with cannonballs, he used DK and Diddy to power a giant robot, and there's what he did in DK64, as well.

I'd choose Bandana Waddle Dee. He's my other ballot pick, and seeing as he's Dedede's bodyguard, he could probably fit into a "clash of kings" sort of trailer. :p

Last edited:

MrCatEater

Smash Apprentice
This wait has been way too long now... Doesn't the '2 week window' that the leaker said expire tomorrow (Tuesday for our friends in different time zones) or am I mistaken. All of this "I know who it is" stuff is getting so painful to watch, but I can't wait.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
1. K. Rool steals dem Bananae Naes.
2. Bluster Kong.
3. Ridley, they've both been through the Smash tribulations.
4. He would have super speed, so he can be Kwuick K. Rool.
5. On a scale to Evil and Super duper baddie guy, I'd say a 7.
6. Ridley.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
This wait has been way too long now... Doesn't the '2 week window' that the leaker said expire tomorrow (Tuesday for our friends in different time zones) or am I mistaken. All of this "I know who it is" stuff is getting so painful to watch, but I can't wait.
nope it ends friday.the 23rd

Burruni

Smash Hero

1) I'd legitimately want it to basically be SMRPG2 in that you end up having DK and K. Rool working together because of a greater threat (like WizPig's civilization invading "Earth"). Similar variance in levels.

2) Cranky.

3) Himself. Nintendo villains are incredibly selfish.

4) The power of invisibili-- oh wait.

5) Enough to steal 40 cakes. That's as many as 4 tens. And THAT'S terrible.

6) Ganon. Double Super Villain power hour.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
5) Enough to steal 40 cakes. That's as many as 4 tens. And THAT'S terrible.

My responses to a few of these

5: Very evil. His progression of villainy throughout the series really is one of the things I like about K. Rool.

6: Perhaps someone like Isaac or Inklings.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly at this point I'm iffy on us getting any new info. I figured a Direct would be announced on Monday if we were getting one this week. But we'll have to see. Still haven't seen that Pokemon Go news yet or the DeNA game.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Honestly at this point I'm iffy on us getting any new info. I figured a Direct would be announced on Monday if we were getting one this week. But we'll have to see. Still haven't seen that Pokemon Go news yet or the DeNA game.
Directs are usually not announced Monday. They're Tuesdays most often

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
As far as Im aware roger has been adamant that the 23rd would be the latest we might receive info. So if nothing happens by then it can probably be assumed his info is bad

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
What kind of taunts do you think K. Rool would have? I could see one where he breaks the fourth wall by looking at the the player and raising his eyebrows while smirking.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
His iconic laugh for starters. Also while hitting his own belly.

Taking out his blunderbuss and aim it around perhaps.

RosaPeach

Smash Journeyman
Tell me why is Nintendo dont like King K Rool we love him by they hate him why its it because its Rare popularity or what.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Tell me why is Nintendo dont like King K Rool we love him by they hate him why its it because its Rare popularity or what.
In regards to Smash?

In Melee, Diddy was far more popular than K. Rool, the game was rushed to hell and skipped a NUMBER of possible newcomers in the scope of what we got who wasn't a clone.

In Brawl, Diddy was probably seen as "just" expansion for DK considering it had been a fairly stagnated series of middling titles after Rareware left it. (Edit: Probably helps that Dixie was going to be alongside her, originally)

In Smash 4, K. Rool is admittedly one of few "great" characters left and a fair bit of that may be due to his last major role being in Jungle Climber.

However, there is a bit of a hostile air about the series because Miyamoto has begrudgingly accepted the fact that Rare had made his IP more popular than he envisioned.

In regards to DKC Returns, the first game he was delibrately avoided to make sure that Retro could hold itself up by its own merits and considering a fair amount of the Snowmads (including a lot of tactics of Sir Frederik) are very... Kremling Army in nature, it seems like it was them making sure they could get the feel of them properly before bringing it fully to DKCR3.

Last edited:

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
So do y'all think we would've gotten K. Rool in Brawl if Diddy got in Melee? After all, I'm pretty sure the main reason he wasn't in the base roster of this game was because he hasn't appeared for a while, and so Sakurai didn't give him very much priority. But Brawl was made while K. Rool was still around, in Jungle Climber and the like.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So do y'all think we would've gotten K. Rool in Brawl if Diddy got in Melee? After all, I'm pretty sure the main reason he wasn't in the base roster of this game was because he hasn't appeared for a while, and so Sakurai didn't give him very much priority. But Brawl was made while K. Rool was still around, in Jungle Climber and the like.
Yes, definitely. K. Rool would've very much likely been in Brawl had Diddy been in Melee.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion

1. Don't know yet but I'll get back on it when I do think of something
2. More race tracks of course, maybe gangplank galleon or flying krock course as well as a tropical freeze one. Would love to see all the original DKR racers playable again but unfortantley that won't happen, maybe more vehicles to race in would be cool too like a helicoptor or moped
3. Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstein simply because they're all him, the only villain who he gets along with. Anyone else would just get in the way to him.
4. Aside from being able to turn invisible, he's already proven that he can be a powerful threat without them, he has captured the Kongs multiple times before afterall.
5. More evil than Bowser that's for sure. Heck, even Ganondorf has some respect of honor towards his rival. Ridley might be a close second to K. Rool however.
6. Ganon(classic) because they're both big evil brutes and they're respective protagonist's original archnemesis.

Last edited:

King*Krool

Smash Apprentice
They better has his "Fake Death" be a Taunt. It's his most memorable thing he does.

I want to fake a Death after a sweet Combo or something. It would be amazing.

Top Bottom