• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You are not the only one. It annoys me and I know a few other people who are annoyed
Shullk specifically uses monado I not Mondao II, which is the form that does damage to Bionis humanoids.

if that wasn't the case there wouldn't be a canonical issue. But there is. Why we didn't get Mondao II when we have Mecha Fiora will always confuse me. . .
Because they always use the base appearance and forms. Its like asking why Ike can use Ragnell in his Ranger outfit instead of his Lord outfit, or in his Hero armour instead of his Vanguard Armor.

Canon issues aren't a problem, which is also why there's no real problems with Inklings... or King K. Rool, for that matter. Hence why he'd be excellent using moves from all of his personas in one sitting, even if he doesn't wear the same outfit. He should still have different costumes as well I think.

On another note, here's some notes about my Kongquest stage:

- Roughly 2/3 complete.

- Airship main area and Castle sub area.

- The main theme of the stage is vines, but I do try and take inspiration from various parts of DKC2.

- Play as Diddy the whole way through, tons of respawn points for Diddy mushrooms so you'll rarely run out.

- Bonus extras use the "GET OUT!" sound effect, usually after hitting a P switch.

- Areas inspired by Gangplank Galleon, Crocodile Cauldron, K. Rool's Keep, and Flying Kroc.

- On the ship you have to go inside and there's a block with an eerie noise.

- Several sections require hitting a ? Block and a vine pops out, which slides along a path.

- Vines are also used to keep off the ground, and vines are being used to replicate climbing chains like in Chainlink Chamber.

- The stage is NOT trying to replicate stage layouts at all, only basic themes.

- Gangplank Galleon itself is designed after DKC2's layout, but small scale.

- Flying Kroc features a boss battle sequence, though its more of an endurance test.

- I want to have a "beta" version I put up early on to get testing and feedback.

- "Beta" version I don't want to spread too much, I'd rather only share it with a few people, then delete it and make improvements.

- I'm trying not to make the stage "too" hard, but I'm worried I'm too good at certain points, like the boss battle section I've been testing repeatedly.

Oh and yes it actually is my birthday today
Well happy birthday.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I was away for the weekend and then some, and I find nothing has changed. Nothing at all. FFS Nintendo, these last few months have had a status quo more static than a Mario game. I know you have nothing lined up for this year, but can you at least pretend?

Dustydog96

Smash Ace
Well...This thread went off topic real quick since I've been gone. Better post something relevant.

Seeing this video REALLY makes me want K. Rool to jump like he does in dkc1. If he gets in. And is tomorrow a bunch of overhype over simple server maintenance? Or should we be expecting something?

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
On a totally unrelated note, I just tried Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows for the first time, and I have to say, Plague Knight would actually give me an extremely reasonable amount of hype if he were to be added as DLC. But that's either happening in Smash 5+ or (more likely) never.

I just genuinely find him to be more interesting to play as and control than Shovel Knight was. His aerial momentum and tricky playstyle while staying aloft would be pretty damn unique.

To stay on topic, that K. Rool Brawl mod - he looks decent when he isn't moving. Is this really the first effort at incorporating K. Rool in to Brawl?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Did Sean just teased Dixie?? I know this probably means nothing, but I thought worth sharing:
Can we stop thinking that everything a supposed leaker says is related to a character that they may or may not know about?

These people do have lives which extend past Smash news.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Did Sean just teased Dixie?? I know this probably means nothing, but I thought worth sharing:
No he didn't. He's just enjoying himself on his own thing. Sheesh, stop jumping to conclusions.

I was away for the weekend and then some, and I find nothing has changed. Nothing at all. FFS Nintendo, these last few months have had a status quo more static than a Mario game. I know you have nothing lined up for this year, but can you at least pretend?
What's going to change over the weekend? Big Nintendo announcements and the like don't happen on weekends. Also if they don't have anything big why pretend something exists that doesn't? That would be even worse, because then they'd be lying.

On a totally unrelated note, I just tried Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows for the first time, and I have to say, Plague Knight would actually give me an extremely reasonable amount of hype if he were to be added as DLC. But that's either happening in Smash 5+ or (more likely) never.

I just genuinely find him to be more interesting to play as and control than Shovel Knight was. His aerial momentum and tricky playstyle while staying aloft would be pretty damn unique.

To stay on topic, that K. Rool Brawl mod - he looks decent when he isn't moving. Is this really the first effort at incorporating K. Rool in to Brawl?
Lol its never happening unless Nintendo buys Yacht Club, which is incredibly unlikely. If we get anyone it'd be Shovel Knight, and we would never get a second character from Shovel Knight either. Plague Knight, however, actually was a lot better than the main game tbh. I felt it did way more for platformer games than Shovel Knight did, as Shovel Knight was just generic tropes for the most part.

Although Plague Knight is also way more unforgiving than Shovel Knight, so there is that negative...

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Well Krocs.... I guess aren't getting a Direct today (Monday for me now).... this is REALLY surprising to me considering the long maintenance.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well Krocs.... I guess aren't getting a Direct today (Monday for me now).... this is REALLY surprising to me considering the long maintenance.
Um, lolwut? We would only get a Direct today if they had announced it on Friday. Nintendo doesn't announce things on weekends.

cothero

Smash Lord
Can we stop thinking that everything a supposed leaker says is related to a character that they may or may not know about?

These people do have lives which extend past Smash news.
Yeah, you're right. I just wanted to talk about something related to DK again, you know. But about those leakers, well... You NEVER know. By the way, NWPlayer123 Twitter account just vanished. Maybe she was right about the leak?...

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I was just told the upcoming character. And let me tell you--it's a character alright. Lots of people have wanted this character--but nobody expected this character. I'm not telling anybody.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if the Croc Facts guy would mind me stepping on his feet (and he may have even mentioned this before), but - Croc Fact! There is an ancient Egyptian deity known as Sobek, who is representative of a humanoid crocodile.

He is associated with military might, fertility, and the power of the pharaoh! More specifically he is the personification of the Nile crocodile and was strongly linked to fortune and protection in regard to all things pertaining to the Nile River.

He was regarded as an aggressive and animalistic entity, serving very aptly as an avatar for the Nile crocodile. Known as "he who loves robbery," "he who eats while he also mates," and "pointed of teeth," it is also said he was not without his benevolent streaks; he served as the healer of Osiris after his death.

His name is tied to various meanings, including but not limited to "to impregnate" or "to unite".

Thanks, Wikipedia. Again if he mentioned this I'm sorry, I just found it interesting.

Last edited:

TropicalBreeze

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if the Croc Facts guy would mind me stepping on his feet (and he may have even mentioned this before), but - Croc Fact! There is an ancient Egyptian deity known as Sobek, who is representative of a humanoid crocodile.

He is associated with military might, fertility, and the power of the pharaoh! More specifically he is the personification of the Nile crocodile and was strongly linked to fortune and protection in regard to all things pertaining to the Nile River.

He was regarded as an aggressive and animalistic entity, serving very aptly as an avatar for the Nile crocodile. Known as "he who loves robbery," "he who eats while he also mates," and "pointed of teeth," it is also said he was not without his benevolent streaks; he served as the healer of Osiris after his death.

His name is tied to various meanings, including but not limited to "to impregnate" or "to unite".

Thanks, Wikipedia. Again if he mentioned this I'm sorry, I just found it interesting.
Nah man, I haven't mentioned that. Even if I did, the more facts, the merrier. To piggyback off your fact, the center of Sobek worship was a city called Faiyum, where they mummified dozens of the reptiles and worshiped a special croc that lived in a temple pool and wore jewelry. Sounds familiar....

Proper croc facts should return this Friday, guys. Sorry for the drought during this drought!

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Nah man, I haven't mentioned that. Even if I did, the more facts, the merrier. To piggyback off your fact, the center of Sobek worship was a city called Faiyum, where they mummified dozens of the reptiles and worshiped a special croc that lived in a temple pool and wore jewelry. Sounds familiar....

Proper croc facts should return this Friday, guys. Sorry for the drought during this drought!
Pharaoh K. Rool as a new persona seems kind of a foregone conclusion for upcoming games. Have there been desert/Egyptian themed DK levels outside of 64?

I always find Dixie's facial expressions in the show humourous bordering on horrendous.

This question is unrelated to that Twitter post btw..

Say that Dixie is revealed as a DLC character, not pre planned, but as a pick from the ballot, do you think her inclusion will have a positive or negative effect on K. Rools chances? Or perhaps none at all? I know it's hard to say given the position we are in, but if we're getting the exact number of rumoured DLC spots I'm not sure if we'd get 2 from the same franchise and looking at the other options.

But a K.Rool/Dixie trailer would be epic.

Would it be feasible for Nintendo tomake a trailer where the costume is seemingly "trashed" by DK/Diddy/Dixie/Whoever by means of showing off the real thing? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see K.Rool revealed like that :) It just seems a bit...odd how they'd discard the costume in a potential reveal trailer with Rool considering people have spent money on the costume Eh, maybe just me, but do you know what I'm getting at?

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
They played a lot on the Roy Koopa memes when they revealed :4feroy:, can't see why they wouldn't do the same with King K. Rool.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord

Ooh, that's pretty cool!
I admit, I didn't know much about Sobek other than that his name was used by a character in a DC miniseries called "52"

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Plague Knight is also more complex and interesting as a character, just saying.
Oh and yes it actually is my birthday today
Happy birthday!
I always find Dixie's facial expressions in the show humourous bordering on horrendous.

This question is unrelated to that Twitter post btw..

Say that Dixie is revealed as a DLC character, not pre planned, but as a pick from the ballot, do you think her inclusion will have a positive or negative effect on K. Rools chances? Or perhaps none at all? I know it's hard to say given the position we are in, but if we're getting the exact number of rumoured DLC spots I'm not sure if we'd get 2 from the same franchise and looking at the other options.

But a K.Rool/Dixie trailer would be epic.

Would it be feasible for Nintendo tomake a trailer where the costume is seemingly "trashed" by DK/Diddy/Dixie/Whoever by means of showing off the real thing? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see K.Rool revealed like that :) It just seems a bit...odd how they'd discard the costume in a potential reveal trailer with Rool considering people have spent money on the costume Eh, maybe just me, but do you know what I'm getting at?
If Dixie is revealed without K.Rool, I will start to worry for real. But both together and/or a K.Rool K.Ostume bashing? That would be simply awesome.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I was browsing the first couple pages of the thread for kicks and noticed something. Kutthroats should account K. Rool's immense ballot presence to one very influential factor. Ridley being a stage hazard killed his fan support and I think votes that would have gone to him went to K. Rool instead. I think Rool still would have had more votes than Ridley, but I think he would have split the vote. I'll even admit that I threw one vote to Ridley out of blind hope, but if he hadn't been a hazard then I may have given him a few more, and I'm sure many people here would have too. K. Rool's triumph as a playable character would likely be founded on Ridley's corpse.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Dixie gets in as a pre-ballot character: no impact on K. Rool*

Dixie gets in as a post-ballot character, alongside/after K. Rool: no impact on K. Rool; best possible scenario for all parties involved

Dixie gets in as a post-ballot character, before K. Rool: Red flag; why does she come first, unless the horrid notion of the developers distilling K. Rool's support down to "muh DK reps" and adding her instead comes true?

* = unless Sakurai only starts caring about adding multiple characters per series when it's the DK series in question

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Here's something I posted that seemed interesting...
I don't think that the rumor is true, however, I just want to say that it's a bit too unsubtle for it to be Inkling, it's so obviousy Inkling, doesn't anyone think they're trying to divert who the real character is. But once again, just a rumor, and I don't believe it.

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
My dad is a ghostbuster and he told me Iwata said that Guitaroo Man is gonna be the next Smash DLC character before he went into the ghost trap

Pls belieb me

Top Bottom