• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
View attachment 78609
Here's how it's looking if three is indeed our number of remaining DLC characters (still not certain). I feel badly for any 3DS players who can't stand disorganization.

I'm not sure if I communicated well enough, but that's precisely what I was joking about.
:smirk:
The only problem with the original one is that adding six characters doesn't magically move Game & Watch down a row. Likely thing is that Game & Watch will still split DK and Diddy across multiple rows. Unless they redo the whole layout to make every DLC character align with their franchise, which isn't likely.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Ok, so I've decided to predict who I believe will be those 6 DLC character slots (if it turns out to be true, anyway, but this is just a guess).

In no particular order or ranking (with some text to distinguish them as Sakurai once did):

1. King K. Rool (Big Burly Krokodile)

2. Bandana Dee (Little Spear Wielder)

3. Isaac (Blonde Spell Master)

4. Wolf (Ferocious Melee Attacker) OR (Stellar Canine Brawler) :3

5. Shantae (Magic Genie Girl)

6. Rayman (Limbless Punching Hero)

To me, this is a very reasonable roster with a variety of characters that I think everybody would be happy with (although that's an understatement in a way). What do you guys think? Let's not start any arguments or anything though; that's not what I am intending.

Also, this is my 400th post! What a coincidence! :3
No Snake to make his mighty return? Lol noooo XD I feel most of these are the top picks from the Ballot, so most people would be happy! Not too sure how I feel about Rayman or Shante, though. I'd say Inklings for 5 and Snake for 6. This is of course factoring in my own personal wants :p

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Ok, so I've decided to predict who I believe will be those 6 DLC character slots (if it turns out to be true, anyway, but this is just a guess).

In no particular order or ranking (with some text to distinguish them as Sakurai once did):

1. King K. Rool (Big Burly Krokodile)

2. Bandana Dee (Little Spear Wielder)

3. Isaac (Blonde Spell Master)

4. Wolf (Ferocious Melee Attacker) OR (Stellar Canine Brawler) :3

5. Shantae (Magic Genie Girl)

6. Rayman (Limbless Punching Hero)

To me, this is a very reasonable roster with a variety of characters that I think everybody would be happy with (although that's an understatement in a way). What do you guys think? Let's not start any arguments or anything though; that's not what I am intending.

Also, this is my 400th post! What a coincidence! :3
I'd replace Shantae with Inklings and I think that sounds pretty resnoable. Rayman is iffy too, but he does have the best chance for another third party Smash rep right now.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd replace Shantae with Inklings and I think that sounds pretty resnoable. Rayman is iffy too, but he does have the best chance for another third party Smash rep right now.
Yeah, I agree on Rayman. I didn't include third-parties, but if we get any, Rayman would be my bet.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Y'know what I want to see out of this, as one of few "surprises" that I feel Sakurai could pull without enraging the fanbase?

We get a trailer for Dixie to be added as DLC. At the conclusion of it, you have :4dk::4diddy::190: (just roll with it) the three Kongs doing taunts together in celebration before a giant Kannon ball drops ontop of them, and it goes straight into K. Rool's trailer.

Last edited:

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Y'know what I want to see out of this, as one of few "surprises" that I feel Sakurai could pull without enraging the fanbase?

We get a trailer for Dixie to be added as DLC. At the conclusion of it, you have :4dk::4diddy::190: (just roll with it) the three Kongs doing taunts together in celebration before a giant Kannon ball drops ontop of them, and it goes straight into K. Rool's trailer.
Just like Robin & Lucina. I could digg it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I think this would be the best way to do it honestly. And K. Rool and Dixie are the only characters from the same franchise I can see getting in together as DLC. Wolf and Krystal are a longshot simply because of Krystal.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure by the end of this we will definitely see one DK character. One major complaint the series has had was its lack of DK representation and, now with the ballot, both Dixie and K. Rool voters have expressed their dislike for the shafting of the series itself. There's no way Sakurai can ignore two prominent fanbases telling him directly a major issue of the game. So, I expect either of these characters and, while I want K. Rool much more, Dixie Kong would be a great character to have as well.

Unrelated, however, is me saying that I really like how this fanbase (in general) treats other fanbases. I think the fact that we are so welcoming to other fanbases (especially the Ridley and Dixie ones) makes me happy to be a Kutthroat. Thanks, BKupa, for starting one of the most inviting forums on the internet!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm pretty sure by the end of this we will definitely see one DK character. One major complaint the series has had was its lack of DK representation and, now with the ballot, both Dixie and K. Rool voters have expressed their dislike for the shafting of the series itself. There's no way Sakurai can ignore two prominent fanbases telling him directly a major issue of the game. So, I expect either of these characters and, while I want K. Rool much more, Dixie Kong would be a great character to have as well.

Unrelated, however, is me saying that I really like how this fanbase (in general) treats other fanbases. I think the fact that we are so welcoming to other fanbases (especially the Ridley and Dixie ones) makes me happy to be a Kutthroat. Thanks, BKupa, for starting one of the most inviting forums on the internet!
Lol, a lot of people say otherwise about us. The fact is that there's a lot of different people with different opinions. Many K. Rool fans cross over with Isaac, Ridley, and Dixie, but also many K. Rool fans dislike the idea of getting more Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, or just general anime characters (with Isaac being the primary exception, though some dislike him as well).

Its not a universal thing, and that should always be kept in mind.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
BKupa666 BKupa666 I've made a new prediction list that's disregarded all of the rumours we've seen, and guess who's on it?

Wolf
Bandana Dee
Dixie (Or K. Rool)
Paper Mario
Issac
Layton

Some list eh?

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Lol, a lot of people say otherwise about us. The fact is that there's a lot of different people with different opinions. Many K. Rool fans cross over with Isaac, Ridley, and Dixie, but also many K. Rool fans dislike the idea of getting more Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, or just general anime characters (with Isaac being the primary exception, though some dislike him as well).

To be honest, that is the thing, MOST fo the times, but not always. Some of us supported (still support) other characters aside from our King like those mentioned above or others yet are not in favor of more characters for franchises that are well-represented for this entry all around. I think that's why some people are so against them. Not the characters, perse, (well, at times, maybe...) but that they're coming to the game BEFORE those. Franchises that have not gotten an extra 'spice up' instead of the third or maybe even fifth characters in their series while with those having LESS or maybe NONE.

Not a reasoning to get worked over, but UNDERSTANDABLE.

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman

I think this may just stem from the fact that these series arn't very big and from King K Rool fans eyes they may appear as unworthy to get another character. The Donkey Kong series is quite large and it still only has 2 characters from the games, whereas Fire Emblem has 4 characters, 5 counting Lucina, and it has sold 3 times less the Donkey Kong. As for Kid Icarus and Xenoblade, those franchises are even smaller, and Kid Icarus already has 2.5 characters anyway.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
6 characters could possibly be in eh?

I got a feeling if that is true one of them will be K. Rool and another 1 or 2 3rd party characters (Snake or Rayman) would be the best bets. Regardless I am really feeling (don't :4shulk:me) K. Rool and a 3rd party character (not even mentioning Wolf because he's obvious). It just seems like good gameplay and business ideas, as well as a cool way to keep everyone interested.

Lucas, Roy, and Ryu have done a fantastic job of keeping players interested more than ever in Smash 4 (across all skill levels). It was the perfect combination of expected, wanted, and surprising. I think a DLC pack with K. Rool, Snake, and Wolf would have a similar effect. In addition to that, it would give Smashers very different kinds of characters to add to an already impressive roster. Plus with such a DLC pack, that would cover the 2 stages dataminers also found that are coming in a future update (they would in this case be Shadow Moses Island and either a new DKC stage or another Familiar stage).

\\

BTW, I find it funny my original prediction of characters in Smash 4 was 51 (which is what we got) while my last prediction was 58 (which thanks to dataminers, we found out that we'll get 3 more DLC characters at least to add to our 55 character roster). It's like I'm a prophet of inaccurate accuracy lmao. Let's hope my last pre-release prediction (of the roster getting over 60 with DLC) is also true to further hedge our bets on K. Rool (as well as other characters).
I want this to happen just because the actual series are in better organization.
As someone who is OCD about organization, I agree. I sometimes feel angry because the series aren't properly organized thanks to the 3 clones being low on the CSS + the DLC characters as well.

I guess you could say this oddball organization drives me krokodile krazy.

\\

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
6 characters sounds amazing, I really hope that prediction will come true.

K. Rool just needs to be "One of them"

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

If we could not be rude to people for what characters they like, that would be fantastic.

Personally speaking, not a big fan of Kid Icarus, but I like Dark Pit only because I enjoy playing him. I still hate Palutena though! :laugh:

Given all the evidence we have and all the legions of K. Rool supporters there are...

(Also, I am kind of expecting more than 6 future DLC characters at this point; maybe we will get 1-3 more than that)

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
1000 ways to die in Smash #589

:4ryu: True Shoryuken into :4gaw:'s invincible head during Up-Smash and getting hit during your animation.

Why is this a thing

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
1000 ways to die in Smash #589

:4ryu: True Shoryuken into :4gaw:'s invincible head during Up-Smash and getting hit during your animation.

Why is this a thing
G&W has some of the most amazing hitstun and dodge properties. If he were high tier I swear to God 30% of the roster would be irrelevant. So many characters have troubles hitting him.

Fortunately though, we would likely be Krok Kannon proof with our blessed King and Kaptain K. Rool.

After all, there is virtually no chance K. Rool would have those weak Mewtwo (Melee imported) hitboxes.

Last edited:

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
I know I should be expecting posts full of K. Rool hate whenever I search him up on tumblr, but it still really ticks me off whenever I see them. (Especially when they call him things like a "bootleg Bowser.") >:o

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
The only problem with the original one is that adding six characters doesn't magically move Game & Watch down a row. Likely thing is that Game & Watch will still split DK and Diddy across multiple rows. Unless they redo the whole layout to make every DLC character align with their franchise, which isn't likely.
God I wish they'll do that. In Brawl, they put all unlockable characters in a vertical row with all the characters from the same series, which seemed more organized than Sm4shes select screen.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
A random question, do any of you have ideas for new Kremlings?
Kount Krocula: Basically a vampire kremling, he'd be a world boss
Kris Jawsicho: A pro wrestling version of Chris Jericho
Krush: Not to be confused with Krusha, Krush would wear spiked brass knuckles and have metal jaw braces with sharp teeth
Klapper: He Klaps his hands and sends you flying

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If we could not be rude to people for what characters they like, that would be fantastic.

Personally speaking, not a big fan of Kid Icarus, but I like Dark Pit only because I enjoy playing him. I still hate Palutena though! :laugh:

Given all the evidence we have and all the legions of K. Rool supporters there are...

(Also, I am kind of expecting more than 6 future DLC characters at this point; maybe we will get 1-3 more than that)
Well, you're optimistic. My thoughts are on 3-5, most likely 4, with 6 being VERY generous, definitely no higher than 6. (If we do get 6, though, I could see us getting both K. Rool and Dixie.)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

The basis for the 6 characters is quite odd, though.

It does look neat, I guess.

I don't think we'll get more than three.

:231:

Burruni

Smash Hero

I like 4 more.

4 veterans, 4 newcomers.

Covers "Veterans who have no reason not to be in" :wolf:
Covers most requested (1st party) newcomer worldwide: K. Rool
Covers high request of the west with okay following in the east who is the centerpiece of asomewhat dormant series; Isaac
Covers high request of the east with good following in the west who is a new 4th major player of a huge series; Bandana Dee

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
My thoughts are not Sakurai's and will, therefore, probably not make any sense when he decides how much stuff we get.

Also....

Just in case you didn't think it was Inklings. Please don't get hyped for Alligator man yet... that comes later.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

I think we will.

I think we'll get four. :D

My thoughts are not Sakurai's and will, therefore, probably not make any sense when he decides how much stuff we get.

Also....

Just in case you didn't think it was Inklings. Please don't get hyped for Alligator man yet... that comes later.
We still don't know if any of them actually know anything. Keep in mind, Octogirl was wrong about the Octolings release and Direct last week. But yeah, if she's correct than its obviously Inklings she's referring to.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Also....

>Has a game on the Wii U
>Wii U has virtual console

Our options are actually wider than you'd assume

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Also....

I don't believe in any of this 'leak' through conversation on Twitter between people.. so, this new detail doesn't add anything to its reliability. I'm actually confident that Inkling will be added in Smash4, but to me, those people don't know anything about the Ballot results.

King K. Rool may or not be the next one to be announced.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
>Has a game on the Wii U
>Wii U has virtual console

Our options are actually wider than you'd assume
That's the other problem with this. The easy assumption is that its a Wii U exclusive game, but she's known for trolling. As such, if she knows anything, her hint doesn't do anything more than the others; hints mostly at Inklings but it could still almost be literally anyone.

Burruni

Smash Hero
That's the other problem with this. The easy assumption is that its a Wii U exclusive game, but she's known for trolling. As such, if she knows anything, her hint doesn't do anything more than the others; hints mostly at Inklings but it could still almost be literally anyone.
Honestly the only characters of my normal listing that get excluded by that condition, if it's real, would be Isaac and Chibi (who's basically dead at this point) and I THINK no Custom Robo game is on VC either.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
Oh my God I'm so done with this ****. Nintendo please just give us a bone already so the insiders stop having a **** measuring contest.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Honestly the only characters of my normal listing that get excluded by that condition, if it's real, would be Isaac and Chibi (who's basically dead at this point) and I THINK no Custom Robo game is on VC either.
Um, Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age are BOTH on the Wii U Virtual Console. In fact, Golden Sun was in the first wave of GBA games added.

Oh my God I'm so done with this ****. Nintendo please just give us a bone already so the insiders stop having a **** measuring contest.
Pretty much this. These "leaks" are going to keep happening until an announcement happens. That said, I think this week is it.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Didn't know. Point redacted.
Golden Sun actually was selling very well during the time it was added to Club Nintendo rewards. It was in the Top 20 eShop sales for months. Sadly I haven't seen Lost Age in the Top 20 at all...

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
That "leaker" literally said it's Inkling.
Not really, but it's so hinted it's ridiculous. I still don't see Inklings being a very hyped character tbh, maybe Yarn Yoshi will be the character, who knows.

In the end, there's no doubt we're NOT getting K. Rool, so we win regardless, eh?

In response to JaidynReiman,
I think we're going to get a direct announcement today or tomorrow morning. There is, after all, a 4 hour maintenance tomorrow.
If we don't get it tomorrow, I'll be honestly surprised as they usually do directs to pass the time during maintenance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom