• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Welshy91

Smash Ace
'Eh, DK doesn't fit that aesthetic very well. DKC is more about vibrant living worlds than things like that, Kirby and Yoshi fit that aesthetic well.. DK not so much.
LET ME DREAM. Plus you know K. Rool would be cute as **** as a yarn plush.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
LET ME DREAM. Plus you know K. Rool would be cute as **** as a yarn plush.
He totally would. The three existing plushes (two released, one prototype from a cancelled line-up) are all cute in their own ways.

Donkey Kong Country K. Rool plush
(Source.)

Donkey Kong Country TV series K. Rool plush
(Source.)

Cancelled DK64 K. Rool prototype plush
(Source.)

I really wish I could get hold of that first one - that's my favourite of the three. :laugh:

IMainKingKRool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NYEH_HEH_HEH
DK64 was my favorite DK game back in the day, actually. Maybe it's just my inner :4wario2: coming out with the whole "greed is good" mentality, but I got a real satisfaction out of grabbing up the obscene amount of collectibles they crammed into every stage. I can see how it would be seen as excessive though xD

And yeah, the music is flippin' awesome, as is the norm with DK games.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, Kutthroats; It has been a full 4 months since we last received a Direct. Here's hoping we get some sort of news next week (I consider it extremely likely with the whole 4 hour maintenance going on).
4 hour maintenance? What do you mean?

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
To keep your minds away from the leaks and possible news next week, I'd like to share a strange dream I had last night that you folks can interpret. In the dream, King K. Rool was added as two separate characters: Luigi Form and Mario Form.
The Luigi Form K. Rool looked like Sceptile mixed with Mewtwo except he had a red scorpion tail and large, red, lower jaw fangs; similar to a cobra's, but coming from the lower jaw and just red. I didn't see his moveset, but I saw all of his taunts and they were all Mewtwo's taunts. In the dream, I vaguely remember seeing a cinematic of how Luigi became this form and it had explained that he had turned that way similar to the way the Highborne Night Elves from Warcraft turned into Naga.
The Mario Form K. Rool was just Kaptain K. Rool, except he turned into a voluptuous, large breasted, bikini wearing anime chick whenever he taunted. The camera would zoom in on him while he was taunting and he would do explicit things with bananas while speaking Japanese.
inB4ShangTsungShape-shiftingbecomesK.Roolsnewmove.:troll:

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Re-watching the K. Rool boss fight from DKC1 has reignited my hope that Sakurai makes a great render for K. Rool. Whenever I feel doubt in this regard, I remember how he implemented Megaman. Megaman was such a love letter to fans of his games, with animations mirroring his NES appearance, and moves from Megamans 1 through 9, that I'm just awestruck by how much commitment was put into the character. Not to mention, Megaman also came to Smash as a result from fan ballots. When K. Rool makes it into Smash, I'm expecting him to look like he just got hopped off Gangplank Galleon from DKC1 and into Smash Bros. Wii U, with nothing altered save for a beautiful HD paint job for his shiny krocobody.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I think it's time for more questions again:
1-Did you watched the cartoon back when it first aired?
2-Did you always knew that K.Rool was a popular Smash choice in Japan?
3-What would be your reaction if K.Rool was playable in Mario Kart 9?
4-What are you going to do when Smash 4 speculation/character DLC is over?
1. Nope, wasn't born.
2. I guessed he was pretty popular in Japan.
3. When we get Diddy back then I will be excited (****ing Mario Kart 8 devs thinking ****ing PINK GOLD PEACH WILL APPEASE THE FANS! Don't even get series staples like Diddy, Bowser Jr., or ****ing Birdo)
4. Smash 5 anyone?

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
1- Yes, I even rented the Curse Of The Crystal Coconut movie from Best Buy when it first came out
2- No but I'm glad to know he is now
3- MUST BUY NOW
4- Just be happy with K. Rool getting in and patiently wait to see if I'll be interested in Smash 5.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
1. A bit. I wasn't too into it. I enjoyed some episodes a lot, but overall I was focused more on other tasks than TV.

2. I figured he was somewhat popular, maybe a bit less than say King Dedede. I didn't realize his appeal in Japan (or even internationally) was that big compared to the rest of the Nintendo characters that aren't straight deconfirmed as DLC though.

3. Pretty psyched. The last time I was psyched for any new roster addition in Mario Kart was with Double Dash.

4. Everything else I'm doing right now. I'm also planning on getting into fighting games somewhat competitively, getting through my 400 game long video game backlog (plus my movie, documentary, and TV show backlog), as well as personal/private things.
Well, Kutthroats; It has been a full 4 months since we last received a Direct. Here's hoping we get some sort of news next week (I consider it extremely likely with the whole 4 hour maintenance going on).
Honestly... it feels like this...

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
1. No
2. No
3. I would be surprised
4. Smash 5? or finish making my Alex Kidd smash moveset sprites.

1) I didn't watch it regularly, though I caught it on TV before. I didn't like singing or monkeys, so I never gave it a fair chance. I've watched some of it recently and it even made me laugh a couple times.

2) I figured Japan had no interest in Western-designed characters in Smash, since the only two so far are Donkey Kong (Rare influence), and Diddy.

3) Overdue since Mario Kart Wii! Surprised it hasn't happened yet, especially with some of the off-the-wall character choices in recent games. His chances of being in a Mario series crossover are as good as or better than his chances in a Nintendo-wide crossover, aren't they?

4) Celebrate the end of a job well done by Sakurai and his team. My regular life will go on, and I'll still play Smash 4 with my pals from time to time. My moonlighting on this site will probably come to a hiatus, since all I will have left are gameplay/matchup threads, and I prefer to lurk those rather than post. Regarding Smash's future and speculating/daydreaming about that, there are some ideas I have that I'd love to type up about what new things the series can do, but it will have to wait.

Pepperoni_Lives

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Piggins91
Lonely Dance Party!!!!!
Anyways, when more people are on, what do you think King K Rool's potential kart and/or bike would look like?

Last edited by a moderator:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Lonely Dance Party!!!!!
Anyways, when more people are on, what do you think King K Rool's potential kart and/or bike would look like?
Maybe K. Rool would add a kart that just makes the player like they're driving a barrel, giving him the resemblance of a Klobber. Bonus points if the barrel had a face drawn on it, like in DKC3.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
I know none of you care about this, but I still wanted to share it for sometime. I have recently been playing around with project m and some mods. There really are some great mods out there. So when looking around for some on brawl vault, I found a K. Rool one. It includes the textures, PSA (moveset), and more. I have not gotten to use it, but I recommend that you check it out just to see what it is like. It seems a little rough, but it is the beta so... yeah.

:4link: to the photos of the mod:
http://s178.photobucket.com/user/T_C_Rhade/media/K Rool PSA/krool1_zpsvoqjbxvx.png.html
:4link: to the mod download and information on brawl vault (the servers can be slow, so be patient):
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...ter&SubtypeSearch=and&Subtype[]=PSA&Target=-1

And here is just a random photo of it just so people actually see this post:

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
For the Kart, I'm surprised no-one's suggested a Mine-Kart, admittedly his minions and the Kongs use it more than he does, but it is an iconic DK thing. Also a miniature Flying Kroc Yoshi bike style could be cool

ZTurtle

Smash Journeyman
I know none of you care about this, but I still wanted to share it for sometime. I have recently been playing around with project m and some mods. There really are some great mods out there. So when looking around for some on brawl vault, I found a K. Rool one. It includes the textures, PSA (moveset), and more. I have not gotten to use it, but I recommend that you check it out just to see what it is like. It seems a little rough, but it is the beta so... yeah.

http://s178.photobucket.com/user/T_C_Rhade/media/K Rool PSA/krool1_zpsvoqjbxvx.png.html
:4link: to the mod download and information on brawl vault (the servers can be slow, so be patient):
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Moderated=All&Reported=All&Wifi=0&Featured=All&Name=King+K.+Rool&ByUser=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=Character&SubtypeSearch=and&Subtype[]=PSA&Target=-1

Aw man! I'd really like to try this out, but I have Bagan's Ridley mod already on my PM SD card, and both these mods overwrite Pit. :( Oh the dilemma.

IggyKoopa66

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keemie

How does everyone feel about K. Rool's personal hovercraft from King of Swing returning? Eggman has one! Bowser has one! K. Rool gets to be like the cool kids!

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Nay. Too generic. If K. Rool needs a way to get around, his helicopter pack should become a mainstay. That is wackier and more unique.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Nay. Too generic. If K. Rool needs a way to get around, his helicopter pack should become a mainstay. That is wackier and more unique.
B-but... just imagine K. Rool as... as a Bowser Jr. clone. Then he'd be in the game w-with minimal effort and still be canon and one of the most unique characters would have more mileage in their moveset!!! Yes... oh Sakurai please..

I am utterly terrified to see this hover car exists.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Moderated=All&Reported=All&Wifi=0&Featured=All&Name=King+K.+Rool&ByUser=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=Character&SubtypeSearch=and&Subtype[]=PSA&Target=-1

Aaaw, is the lower right one his taunt? Love it!

By the way, I need your help, guys. After completing Tropical Freeze last year (and starting DKC:R before that), I finally got along to play the original trilogy! But I'm stuck, right here. I can't get behind that beaver and I tried many roll-jumps already. Does anybody know what to do?

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman

It looks surprisingly good for a rough beta, congratulations to the modder. Now, these kind of things make me want to see what Sakurai's professional team would do even more.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Aaaw, is the lower right one his taunt? Love it!

By the way, I need your help, guys. After completing Tropical Freeze last year (and starting DKC:R before that), I finally got along to play the original trilogy! But I'm stuck, right here. I can't get behind that beaver and I tried many roll-jumps already. Does anybody know what to do?

Pretty sure you can make that jump. Which level is it again?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Molehill Mayhem iirc, I got stuck there for a while.The jump IS possible, but very tricky. Try memorizing the enemy layouts so you can keep an extra Kong with you to take the hit
There's no such thing.

The level in question you're thinking of is Millstone Mayhem. And the actual level is Temple Tempest. (I went into the game and tried Millstone Mayhem first and it wasn't correct.)

Anyway, even with only one Kong I made that jump just by doing a running rolling jump. Then I got bit by the jumping Kritters right after it lol. Keep in mind, on my Wii U's save file I've got 101% completion.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's no such thing.

The level in question you're thinking of is Millstone Mayhem. And the actual level is Temple Tempest. (I went into the game and tried Millstone Mayhem first and it wasn't correct.)

Anyway, even with only one Kong I made that jump just by doing a running rolling jump. Then I got bit by the jumping Kritters right after it lol. Keep in mind, on my Wii U's save file I've got 101% completion.
Oh god...More millstones...

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
This is doing the rounds in the other threads that I frequent a the moment, and if nothing else it's an interesting distraction from the lack of news at the moment. I'll leave the video out, though, since it's by that Etika channel.

Anyway, a chap on Reddit claims to have shaved four pixels off of each character portrait on Smash 3DS' character select screen, and found that making the portraits square results in six more spaces becoming available.

It may very well mean nothing, and probably does, but I thought that it was an interesting little thing nonetheless. ;)

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
This is doing the rounds in the other threads that I frequent a the moment, and if nothing else it's an interesting distraction from the lack of news at the moment. I'll leave the video out, though, since it's by that Etika channel.

Anyway, a chap on Reddit claims to have shaved four pixels off of each character portrat on Smash 3DS' character select screen, and found that making the portraits square results in six more spaces becoming available.

It may very well mean nothing, and probably does, but I thought that it was an interesting little thing nonetheless. ;)
I want this to happen just because the actual series are in better organization.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Ok, so I've decided to predict who I believe will be those 6 DLC character slots (if it turns out to be true, anyway, but this is just a guess).

In no particular order or ranking (with some text to distinguish them as Sakurai once did):

1. King K. Rool (Big Burly Krokodile)

2. Bandana Dee (Little Spear Wielder)

3. Isaac (Blonde Spell Master)

4. Wolf (Ferocious Melee Attacker) OR (Stellar Canine Brawler) :3

5. Shantae (Magic Genie Girl)

6. Rayman (Limbless Punching Hero)

To me, this is a very reasonable roster with a variety of characters that I think everybody would be happy with (although that's an understatement in a way). What do you guys think? Let's not start any arguments or anything though; that's not what I am intending.

Also, this is my 400th post! What a coincidence! :3

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
If that's how many DLC spots we have left, it's tough to invent scenarios where K. Rool doesn't fill a measly one of them. Unless all of the extra ones get sold out to the muhrelevant-est bidder, but even then, if we get DLC extending into next year, K. Rool could even fill one of those spaces alongside the release of a new DK game.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Ok, so I've decided to predict who I believe will be those 6 DLC character slots (if it turns out to be true, anyway, but this is just a guess).

In no particular order or ranking (along with some text to distinguish them as Sakurai once did. And yes, any veteran I have listed is counted):

4. Wolf (Ferocious Melee Attacker)

To me, this is a very reasonable roster with a variety of characters that I think everybody would be happy with (although that's an understatement in a way). What do you guys think? Let's not start any arguments or anything though; that's not what I am intending.

I like your list.
Somwhat. I see Inkling also being quite possible. As well as maybe Chibi-Robo. (wishfull thinking on the last one.)

If that was the case, though. I will believe K. Rool to be a safe bet of those 6.

Burruni

Smash Hero

In no particular order or ranking (with some text to distinguish them as Sakurai once did):

4. Wolf (Ferocious Melee Attacker)

Wolf? A Ferocious Melee Attacker?

More like the Stellar Canine Brawler.

Anyway, a chap on Reddit claims to have shaved four pixels off of each character portrait on Smash 3DS' character select screen, and found that making the portraits square results in six more spaces becoming available.

Shave six pixels of each icon vertically and you can fit a seventh row. We could be doing this forever, until selecting a character means placing the token on the right pixel. :urg:

We'll just have to assume that there always be some unused space on the screen.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Shave six pixels of each icon vertically and you can fit a seventh row. We could be doing this forever, until selecting a character means placing the token on the right pixel. :urg:

Well, yes, exactly but the difference in this case is that currently, the portraits are apparently 40x44 pixels. That's why it's interesting what happens when you make them square instead of not-quite-square. :laugh:

Like I said to begin with, though, it probably means nothing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Reasonably, six is probably the max. And no, you can't do it indefinitely, because eventually the icons are too small to fit four tokens on each character (8 on the Wii U).

I don't think we'll be getting six, but its definitely possible now that they may not have a separate page for more characters and will instead just do this; shave a tiny bit off of each character and squeeze them in.

itburns.jpg

Here's how it's looking if three is indeed our number of remaining DLC characters (still not certain). I feel badly for any 3DS players who can't stand disorganization.

And no, you can't do it indefinitely, because eventually the icons are too small to fit four tokens on each character (8 on the Wii U).
I'm not sure if I communicated well enough, but that's precisely what I was joking about.
:smirk:

Last edited:
Top Bottom