• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
So... how would you react to K. Rool being in Mario Tennis?
I would be very confused. Kinda happy, but confused. And a little worried to be honest.

You'd think it'd open up opportunities for for him to show up in more spinoffs, but Mario Baseball didn't do it for him. And if he's going to make a real comeback, he needs to do it either in Smash or his own series. Delegating him out for a minor spinoff that's not even DK's overall... It wouldn't make it feel like they truly value the king.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
It'd be an instant buy for me. I've always loved the Mario Tennis games since the first one for n64(and that was mainly because of the debut of one of my favorite Mario characters Waluigi)but if K. Rool is in it, it'll probably be my favorite game in the mario sports franchise.

It still makes me wonder why Nintendo does'nt use him more often, how does he NOT look marketable?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well, K. Rool is literally the only reason I bought Super Sluggers (OK, maybe Funky and his surfboard bat had some role.) so I'll be instantly grabbing Tennis Ultra if K. Rool is in it, because I already love the Tennis series.

JUST USE K. ROOL FOR STUFF DAMN IT. WHY DID YOU GO THROUGH THE TROUBLE OF MAKING HIM MARKETABLE IF ALL YOU'RE GOING TO DO IS MAKE A MII COSTUME?!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
What Banjodorf Banjodorf said. Loves me some Mario Tennis, I'd snap it up in an instant if K. Rool was in it!

I love Mario Baseball even more, so the only reason I don't have Super Sluggers is because it was never released in the EU. If there's ever a new Mario Baseball game that features the wonderful re-return of K. Rool, you can be sure it's a day one purchase for me!

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
the more i hear about shovel face, the more depressed i get. Seriously Nintendo at least make him one of the ballot winners. Its torture for the people that have been fighting for him for years... :/
...Shovel Face?
Shovel Face. What is that, the unholy offspring of Shovel Knight and Metal Face?

Last edited:

bellboy64

Smash Journeyman
It could be the case. As in, his arm OVER the shoulder kind of deal. What you would do with a friend while taking a picture or something. But my basis is that, the more 'defined' could be the position of the hand/claw of our King. And would you look at that, it is at her CHEST...

But I'm no artist so I would know exactly if that's the case, so, if bellboy64 bellboy64 could clarify that, for funsies, it'd be appreciated. :p

:bowser:
Well...in the grand scheme of thing I'm trying to be more vigilant of these kind of mistakes. (It's a rarity. I'm pot nerfect.)
For instance I completed Klump and Diddy on my poster months ago, and through fatigue and frustration I missed the fact that Klump looks like he's giving Diddy the "bad touch" as someone from GAF noted... http://i.imgur.com/BwWjcQm.png

...Amusing how that is seemingly the first thing to be noticed. But I digress. Whoops.

Anyway on Rosalina. I'm working out her finished design and then K. Rool's grubby mitt round the waist. (Like he's pulled her into it) Like I did with Lucina. The worklines mean nothing right now.

I'd be considerably more damaging if I made the same mistake here. o_O

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
I said it before and I'll say it again. If K.Rool gets in and he has his boxer costume, We have GOT to get DK's boxer costume as well.

VS.

Project M got it, why not Smash 4?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I said it before and I'll say it again. If K.Rool gets in and he has his boxer costume, We have GOT to get DK's boxer costume as well.

VS.

Project M got it, why not Smash 4?
YES. Please. I need it.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
As previously stated, I can dig that. Also I agree with the others, K.Rool would make a perfect foil to Bowser if there is a story mode of sorts, since you've got reserved Bowser who's a heavy hitter next to K.Rool, a deranged schemer who's probably modified his racket!

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Hello Kutthroats, back again with some data and a new tier list. Input for this list came from this thread and the General DLC Character Discussion thread.

“I’m aiming to make this the number one character game in the world.”
Masahiro Sakurai

How to read this data:
  • Compare values on the table for those DLC characters' likelihood in reference to one another.
  • Example: Isaac's odds when 2 characters are released are comparable to Ray Mk III's odds when 6 characters are released.
  • This data does not account for 'decreasing probability' for a character when another character from his/her franchise has been selected. i.e. if Dixie has less of a chance when King K. Rool makes it in.
  • Wolf is omitted on the assumption his inclusion is inevitable.
  • Ice Climbers are absent on the assumption their return in unaltered form is impossible.
  • This data does not account for the non-indie potential third party newcomers.
  • This is far from 'concrete' observation. Hell, who even knows how I came up with these numbers. This is purely speculation for conversation's sake.

Features of this data:
  • The likelihood for characters in D tier makes a noticeable jump when 6 characters are released.
  • The likelihood for characters above D tier makes a significant jump when 6 characters are released.
  • The likelihood for one character below C tier is comparable to the likelihood for King K. Rool when any amount of characters are released.
Anybody curious to the reasoning behind character placement I will attempt to answer your questions. What do you guys think about this one?

The very idea that you can quantify the likelihood of potential characters in smash is... naive.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I found RogerBase's tweet quite suspicious. He's basically been the talk of the town recently (about DLC and whatnot) and he posts a random Gif of his K. Rool video. Could he be meaning something? I have no idea.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Last thing I'll say regarding roger, is he posted this 7 hours ago https://twitter.com/RogersBase/status/653110393481486336 . With NO text. A bit odd.
I suspect that either means that K. Rool is confirmed and that's just a teaser, or he's literally trolling us with the GIF to mess around. If he isn't talking about K. Rool, though, I still think his hints point towards Ridley. You can call me crazy, but I am suspicious.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have an idea: Sakurai should give Donkey Kong a new costume where he has his boxing gloves from Punch Out Wii and, if K. Rool is in, add his DK64 Krusha K Rool outfit as a costume. That way, we can literally have DK and K. Rool duke it out in a boxing match!

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Whats weird?

Its just a gif of the mii on the monkey suit from pack 1 throwing bananas at the k rool suit mii

He could have just posted that just for laughs and likes.
He could've posted the exact same GIF as soon as the King K. Rool Mii costume went up. With the recent rumors of a first party character getting revealed in a week being started by Roger himself, why would he wait to post it until now?

D

Deleted member

I just think we are all desperate (myself included) to hear actual news and in our attempt to search for them, we listen to every single "reliable" person we find under the sun for Smash leaks.

But that's just me.

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
Also, I'm pretty sure that video is from HIS K. Rool Mii costume joke video (from 3 months ago). Why would he post a nameless GIF of it now? He's not even a jerk to K. Rool fans, either. When the costume first arrived, he was apologetic and sincere when it happened (it's not an Etika situation where Etika would probably do it as a joke). There's something suspicious going on.
Smash "leaks" in a nutshell.

View attachment 77572
Yeah, this sums it up pretty nicely.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Last thing I'll say regarding roger, is he posted this 7 hours ago https://twitter.com/RogersBase/status/653110393481486336 . With NO text. A bit odd.
I'd love to believe this means something, but frankly, it's easy to think Rogers' just riding the hype train and doesn't know anything himself.

I'd love for this all to be some big konspiracy and K. Rool is coming soon, but who knows. People say and do things on the internet all the time for some reasons to no reasons at all.

A little hope doesn't hurt, though.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I'm sorry, this feels a like too much of a "teaser" to mean anything.

I'm in the camp that believes Roger is full of it, but even so, if he so seriously refused to give anything substantial out about his information, why would he post something that so obviously seems to cry "K. Rool" all of the sudden?

Last edited:

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Evidently the Smashified guy knows who the next newcomer is. I'm on my phone otherwise I'd link his Twitter..

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm sorry, this feels a like too much of a "teaser" to mean anything.

I'm in the camp that believes Roger is full of it, but even so, if he so seriously refused to give anything substantial out about his information, why would he post something that so obviously seems to cry "K. Rool" all of the sudden?
To be fair, it doesn't explicitly say it's K. Rool, because there's no context and it could be entirely unrelated. That said, it also doesn't mean anything without context.

I'm hoping it means something almost entirely because I want K. Rool, but I'm not so much of a fool I'll just believe anyone who says anything. That's rookie ****.

If any of the most supposedly credible sources are correct, we might know this week. If not, what else is new?

Evidently the Smashified guy knows who the next newcomer is. I'm on my phone otherwise I'd link his Twitter..
I don't want to pull the "Oh, my cousin's uncle's dad's mistress knows the newcomer too" but at this point is there some inner circle of game related Youtubers having a leak circle jerk? (Eww...)

Last edited:
Guys that tweet is from his youtube video. calm down. He isn't hinting at anything. Zef even said it isn't k rool lol

Some of you really need to stop jumping on every single thing like it's a hint.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
BKupa666 BKupa666 What do you think this means..? I'd like to hear your opinion on this tweet. Do you think it really is a hint at something or since it is just a .gif from the video he put on YT, maybe its just a laughable random joke?..

Edit: Never mind I guess...

Guys that tweet is from his youtube video. calm down. He isn't hinting at anything. Zef even said it isn't k rool lol

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

While I give zero ****s about what Zef has to say after he came in here being such a piece of ****, nor do I think he's credible, this sort of thing does speak volumes about how easily you can rile up a hopeful fanbase.

Not that we haven't experienced that in the past. Alot.

It'd be nice if "higher ups" in the Smash community would stop being *****, though.

Something that's also worth pointing out is that on the day Zef supposedly deconfirmed K.Rool on our board, he tweeted out that he was going to be trolling on smashboards that day.
Another thing to point out is that it's still not known whether Rogersbase actually knows anything, which is how Zef would know this kind of information, seeing as though they're all in the same circle of friends. Roger could just be doing all of this to get attention.

Maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:

oinkers12

Smash Apprentice
I knew it was from his previous video. My question is why would he post it? Was there any other context or did he just post it out of the blue? There's still a lot of unanswered questions and while I don't think this is a huge breakthrough, it's something to talk about since Nintendo themselves haven't said anything.

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it be AMAZING if we got our beloved King without the ballots help at all??!! If this character is indeed, not a ballot character, everyone may suspect a veteran or clone/semi-clone. The next character we get may just be the biggest surprise yet! It is time for this damn news drought to end!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So I'm gonna set my sights on Inkling, just because. Hype may vary. Which is also good for K. Rool because it destroys the flimsy Mii costume argument.

Unless it's like Bomberman or something. In which case, K. Rool confirmed anyway. (That one leak with Pirate Ship and Bomberman. I can dream goddamn it.)

This will be an interesting week.

That aside, I want to know (if it's actually anything*) HOW THESE PEOPLE KNOW SOMETHING THIS DETAILED.

Like seriously, what the **** is happening. (If anything.)

Top Bottom