• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I really can't contribute anything that hasn't already been said but I will say, this is probably the most fun I've had in my gaming life. It's amazing to be something so huge. We have pushed harder than any other fanbase, and we've saved a character from death.

Morbi

Scavenger
Honestly, it is surreal that we will soon learn the fate of King K. Rool. It sort of reminds me after his costume was revealed, but there were "more announcements coming." The suspense was real; however, that was nothing compared to now, I suppose.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I cast my vote for Inkling, but as far as I'm concerned, K. Rool deserves a spot, if nothing else because of y'all's dedication (though there IS a long list of reasons to put him in). I gotta say, I'm impressed with how persistent you guys have been over the years. All I can say during this final stretch is...good luck, and may you get the happiness you deserve.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
It's unfair that the fighter ballot has a character limit because 500 words don't do justice for me (I'm bad at condensing things...).

Threw in some last minute votes for K. Rool before. I've posted in this thread a few times in the past, but I've mostly lurked after. I hope K. Rool makes it in, I really do. DK series deserves some more recognition, and K. Rool is one of my fave characters in the franchise and villains overall.

I'm sure people here have had a fun yet wild ride. Every single Kutthroat should be proud that they're a part of a fantastic community and shared many wonderful moments together. Especially of the accomplishments, because damn, never underestimate the power of a fanbase. And if life taught me anything, it's to never give up. Even if **** gets thrown at you from every direction, never ever give up. And that's what a lot of you have done, even through the darkest hours. People respect such perseverance, y'know.

A big shout out to BKupa666 BKupa666 for being such an amazing leader and creating such a great thread! And shout outs to all the Kutthroats! Ya'll are awesome. Best of luck!

StormC

Smash Hero
It's been a hell of a ride, guys. Even if we don't win, we shook the world with our momentum and our voices. Nintendo knows. The ball is in their court at this point. Now I think we can just relax a bit... and wait.

Really, at this point I'm just starved for a new character, period.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
It's been a thrilling ride with you lot. Through hell or high-water (and mii costumes) we managed to pull through to the end. Whether we sink or swim, this thread accomplished much in its time during this Ballot. Getting K. Rool to be mainstream and on people's minds, getting him back in Donkey Kong Country, and getting him in Super Smash Bros. We achieved one of these goals already and another is looking extremely likely because of Retro's interest in our campaign. Now it's left to Smash.

I've dedicated more of my free time to this site, this thread in particular, than I'd care to admit. I've invested so much into this and I will see it through. I wouldn't have done this for any other fanbase, you Kutthroats deserve to have your character in the game. I've never seen quite this level of dedication, amazing fanart, and actual campaigning before in Smash, let alone been part of. It's been a pleasure to be a regular on this thread.

Let's hope this Smash CSS gets a little more green and a little more scaly within the next few weeks. Recent rumors and the addition of a character placeholder in the code are in our favor, for once.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well....

It's been a good run folks.

Whether it ends now or at the end.

This is the day.

It's odd I'm getting emotional about this.

I guess it isn't Smash per say.

It's not even a character.

It's getting excited and having fun with people.

So Kuthroats.

Whatever happens from here on out.

Hold you head high.

StriderTheReaper

Smash Rookie
NNID
StriderHedgehog
3DS FC
2423-3029-0103
Well, today's the day! After months of kamaraderie, khaotic kontroversy and all around kraziness, the ballot is over and I really don't think that any one fan base has done so much and worked so hard to kampaign for their kharacter as DLC and it has been a fantastic ride.

I may not have been an active speaker on this thread, but I've stood by it through thick and thin. Thanks to BKupa666's glorious leadership and bellboys magnificent piece of artwork among other factors, I kan't think of another fan base more deserving of their kharacter than the Kutthroats and whatever the result, be it heartbreak or honour, it has been one hell of a ride!

Will it be the King's and ours' finest hour soon? Somehow, I truly think it will.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's been a good ride with you, Kutthroats! It's great to see the support going strong to even now! I finalized my K. Rool vote one last time, and am ready to see this ship sink or sail!

I'll always be one of us. TO A MORE GLORIOUS DAWN!

StormC

Smash Hero
So...how many of you have some cash on the side for purchasing our King when/if he gets chosen?
Five dollars is a chump change for a lifetime investment like that. I'm giving up lunch one day to play as K. Rool in two Smash games for years and years.

Last edited:

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
listen while reading!

My fellow Kuttthroats
How far have we've come
Will it end this way?
Or has this costume put us all to shame?

For years we've fought for our king
seems like forever ago
maybe its time to let this grow

What would it be like?
To see the the mighty king
Finally in smash
going to feel like a strike

What would you do
to get him into smash
Are you willing to fight one more day?
Or are you going to let it wash away?

Our voice is strong!
We've waited for so long!
because this is where he belongs

All the support
all the love you've been showing him
i want to say thank you
for being such a sport

Each one of us are gifted
using our talents for him
feels like i'm being lifted

Its time for this contest to descend
All these months
I'm glad to call you my friends
Its been an honor standing beside you
Til the very end

As these passing minutes go by
let us be proud
of what we've accomplished
Look into your eye
be happy for how far we've come
Its ok to cry

Let us remember
No matter what happens
we have each other
We are all brothers
Kremlings alike
Family? Isn't that it?
thats some real ****

We are Kutthroats!
insult us
we'll put up a fuss
join our army right now
and become One of us!

I say to you go
Tell Sakurai what you wrote
one more time to show
I say to you all
Kroc the vote!

Thank you all for voting and supporting King K. Rool over the past years and months! Never have met such committed people for a simple character. If k rool is in the game, we shall have a celebration. I've been going through a tough time lately, and it has been really hard for me. Sometimes it feels like hell. My days have been getting darker by the minute. Supporting K Rool was one of the few things that putted a smile on my face full of joy and happiness. K rool in smash would mean everything to me, ever since I started playing smash at the age of 10. Lets all hope King K. Rool finally has his finest hour! rooting for you big guy! long live the king

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Well done, everyone. This has been one of the most impressive and active internet campaigns I've seen, at least in terms of gaming related matters; we can at least take solace in knowing K. Rool was, objectively, likely the most requested character for DLC. This was the grassroots movement to remember in Smash history, I can safely say.

Let's not lose momentum. We need to keep our heads. Whatever the news is, it's going to be a megaton.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Woah I just realized that Retro is actually following the Kremling Kampaign on twitter. :079:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*wanders to the Miiverse stage as DK and Diddy*
*sits down*
*begins tearing up at all the #KrocTheVote posts*
YOU DID GOOD, MIIVERSE.
I ****ING HATE YOU
BUT YOU DID GOOD.
JUST THIS ONCE.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990

Oh boy, oh boy...So it's finally coming to an end, isn't it?

Back when the ballot was announced, today seemed to be so far away, yet here we are.
We underwent numerous trials along our way...

May it have been a Mii costume
or elevating K. Rool back on the A-list of Nintendo Villians in the minds of many people
or restoring hope in the hearts of depressed and sore kutthroats.

We never backed down. We never surrendered. Our fanbase kept going strong, fighting, reasoning, for their favorite DK-Character to be added to Nintendo's All-Star brawler.

We were compared to lunatics. We have been insulted. We have been confronted with the same BS arguments the Ridley fanbase had to deal with, but nothing of that kept us down.

So, my fellow kutthroats.

Raise your had up high,
let them see your sparkling crown,
your polished crest,
Your magnificent golden girth,

Let them feel the cold scales of your rigged skin,
the swiftness of your royal cape,
the razor sharp points of your teeth

it's time for the King to make his debut!

Vive La K.Rool!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So...how many of you have some cash on the side for purchasing our King when/if he gets chosen?
I have money on hand for any fighter/stage that comes my way.
Priority;
Bandana Dee > King K. = Balloon Fighter > Anyone Else > Stages >> Mii Costumes
I got my cash on hand fer the next fighter. :4pacman:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The ballot still running so

I got one grande finale king k rool vote in

(Mentioned everything but the part about he may benthe most voted for character.)

Even threw in a bandana dee vote

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Ballot finally closes today. If we get our King in this final stretch, then we get our character and the added benefit of ridiculing all who doubted us. It's not over until it's over and if we don't get him, oh well. Maybe next time.

Well this is the end. I mostly lurked as I preferred other characters (although I do want K rool) but I definitely respect you guys. You guys fought harder than any other fanbase and to be quite honest (most of you at least. . .) were more respectful than most fanbases as well. It might be because your leader is a mod but whatever.

You guys couldn't have done much more for him. You are all true Kremlings. You have all made you cries.

Now it's all up to sakurai.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
seems like GameXplain and BitBlock are on our side! (and pretty confident that K. Rool will be added in the game).

or at least they changed their minds through the time (I don't really remember if someone there was against K. Rool).

"when you realize that the ballot didnt close midnight on the 2nd and we were posting like it was going to close within the hour, but its still open for another 24 hours"

k rools not in the waiting room because he made it in :)

Last edited:
I think they changed their minds, I seem to remember GameXplain being a bit meh on K.Rool before. But now they're mentioning how unique he could be. Oh well, at least they are being more positive towards K.Rool.

Let's hope after all this he gets in fellow Krocs. He totally deserves it.

Long live the King!

And to all the people against K.Rool!

Last edited:
its been an honor to be a kutthroat, we stood our ground through good times and bad times and remember even if we lose the battle and k rool does not make it into smash,dont get sad because if you take a moment to look around you would realize that we have accomplished so many things along the way.

k rool got trademarked
k rool is the most wanted newcomer
k rool is now a retro character like duck hunt and game and watch
k rool got a mii costume
k rool won almost every poll that was thrown at him,if he wasnt number 1 he was in the top 5 always.
k rool's name is on more lips that ever before,once forsaken now he is well known
k rool got smashified
big names like retro studios followed us on twitter
k rools creators support us
a k rool picture won the miiverse photo contest
all of k rool's games that feature him as the main villian are now on the eshop,and the descriptions always mention his name specifically.

and you can bet that k rool will be in the next donkey kong game and its all thanks to you guys because if it wasnt for us none of this would of happened. so the battle could be lost(which we dont know yet) but the war is already won... we brought back k rool.

not to mention all the "kool" fanart and conversations we had along the way.

dont forget the kutthroat pledge "we are kutthroats we dont give up,we take a beating but we always get right back up,we go down with our ship or our island...even if everything fails we will always come back fighting." this is the way of the kutthroat.

stay strong kutthroats because...

this may be a reality sooner than you think :)
a big thank you to everyone who voted for the king and a big hello for all the new people joining us, have a nice "kroctober" kutthroats

Last edited:

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to lie, I don't like any of you. Your attitudes are pathetic, you don't show the initiative and devotion to the cause that I think is necessary, and most of you are also supporting characters other than the King which is just counter intuitive and lame.

BUT

you are all Kutthroats and we only got this for because of people like you. K. Rool's fate rests in all our hands, and soon the everything we've worked for will come to a head. This is it people! The final stretch! We Kutthroats cannot and will not compromise!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hmmm.....maybe the Ballot Voting will end tomorrow. The website does say that 10/3/2015 is the deadline:
Untitled.png

Meaning, that today would be the last chance for people to vote.

Last edited:
Hmmm.....maybe the Ballot Voting will end tomorrow. The website does say that 10/3/2014 is the deadline:
Meaning, that today would be the last chance for people to vote.
"10/3/2014" hello time traveler welcome to the future! in the future we all wear our pockets inside out because its the new fad,also try our new hoverboard :)

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
It's been a thrilling ride with you lot. Through hell or high-water (and mii costumes) we managed to pull through to the end. Whether we sink or swim, this thread accomplished much in its time during this Ballot. Getting K. Rool to be mainstream and on people's minds, getting him back in Donkey Kong Country, and getting him in Super Smash Bros. We achieved one of these goals already and another is looking extremely likely because of Retro's interest in our campaign. Now it's left to Smash.

I've dedicated more of my free time to this site, this thread in particular, than I'd care to admit. I've invested so much into this and I will see it through. I wouldn't have done this for any other fanbase, you Kutthroats deserve to have your character in the game. I've never seen quite this level of dedication, amazing fanart, and actual campaigning before in Smash, let alone been part of. It's been a pleasure to be a regular on this thread.

Let's hope this Smash CSS gets a little more green and a little more scaly within the next few weeks. Recent rumors and the addition of a character placeholder in the code are in our favor, for once.
All of this and more! There kould not have been a better krew to spend my time with. Fellow Kutthroats..we have done...the impossible..and now we look to the other side of the Kremkoin to see what fate has brought us. Whether we steal every last banana from the hoard or slip on one on the way out..it has been an unforgettable experience sailing with all of you.

"ARR MATEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom