• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well, Kutthroats, it's been an absolute honour serving on this galleon with you all. It really is surreal to think that we've all taken part in something that, one way or the other, is going to make the Nintendo history books!

Win or lose, there is little doubt that King K. Rool will surely return to the Donkey Kong series in the future, and that alone is an amazing achievement. Now we just have to hope that the efforts put forth will get him into Smash, too!

Thankyou to everyone here - it's been great fun from the moment I first became one of you - and thanks especially to BKupa666 BKupa666 for uniting us all under one Kremling flag. If not for you, I probably wouldn't have realised that there were so very many other fans out there who missed K. Rool the same as I did, and I imagine that that goes for a lot of other people around here, too. Most sincerely, thankyou.

King_K_Rules

Smash Journeyman
I think K. Rool had a very strong presence in the Ballot. Hopefully we'll see him in Smash, but I think we will surely see him return in the next DK game.

Thank you to everyone who supported K. Rool.

Last edited:

BlueSmasher73

Smash Rookie
I submitted one final vote for the King on my Wii U. I don't post much, but I am reading posts here everyday. It's been really awesome being a kutthroat; through the good and bad we endured and kept the support strong. May great things come from all of the support that we gave.

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
Even if I've been mostly a lurker, It's been one wild ride, reading through all these great conversations. Whatever comes of the ballot, I'm glad it brought me here.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I'm glad its nearly over tbh. Way too stressful for me to tolerate it for much longer.

Whether we succeed or fail, we've done absolutely everything we can. Ball is in their court now.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
So I haven't been as active on these boards the past couple months as they have been real tough. I recently lost my brother this past August, I have a lot of fond memories of playing DKC together with him. He loved pirates and always liked King K. Rool. I hope I get to see K. Rool comeback for so many reasons....

Either way sorry, I didn't want bring anyone down with my personal life. Just wanted to share my current thoughts with like minded folks. I've seen come beautiful art on here especially from you @bellboy64 what an amazing K. Rool tribute it's currently a background on my phone! I can't believe the ballot is almost over, it's been a long road. I don't how much I'll be back life is getting hectic. I hope to see K. Rool soon and I think we will I've been optimistic this whole time and im not changing my outlook. I think we will see K. Rool soon! Good luck Kutthroats I hope we get to celebrate in the coming months
I'm really sorry to hear that. Condolences. And I sincerely hope K. Rool gets in too.

Less than 30 minutes until the ballot ends, where I live...
I know I wasn't around a lot, but I would like to thank every single one of you for putting King K. Rool where he is today. After all these years of being ignored by Sakurai, the King shall be in Smash. Who knows, maybe the Kremlings might come back in a future Donkey Kong game (like King_K_Rules said).

SuperSmashSean

Smash Journeyman
Wanted to tell ye something: if K.Rool somehow will not be playable in 4 even as a DLC character (nothing is 100% safe with Sakurai), im preparing contingency plan for ye all.
What exactly it is? Well, a Brawl/PM mod (i've done enough research on him for that) with custom model by Fhanel (same guy who made the model used on BKupa666's profile pic) with few things added or changed to make him more accurate to DKC design (for example, a tail). Model itself is ~70% done at this point and its been requested like 1-2 days ago, so, it should be ready soon. This won't be same as K.Rool in Smash 4, but better than nothing. Posting this here because, well, this is the best place for it and im still supporting K.Rool and stuff. Still confused why K.Rool isn't in the game since release.
That is awesome! I know you can make it great too!:)

*Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee-!*
Great job, I'm very happy for you!:)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, here we are kuttthroats. The final hours before this wild ballot ends. Undeniably, tears will be shed while some jump for joy as their character is picked.

I remember the ballot announced, I was there in such awe and excitement. Before the ballot, I knew who K. Rool was. I loved his theme and always thought it was a cool character. I didn't think he had much of a chance since he wasn't in returns or tropical freeze. When the ballot came, he was one I thought completely deserved to win. Over time, he grew to be my #1 pick.

Then disaster struck.

The mii costume was announced. I was angry, disappointed, sad, I was so confused and hopeless. I decided to make an account finally on smashboards to join the kutthroats. From there, the rest is history.

We all came to support the king, and we all did that. We hopefully "win" or not, but we still gave K. Rool a future. There are so many nice people on this thread, and it is sad and hard to say goodbye.

I want to thank @StormC for initiating me into this, BKupa666 BKupa666 for creating this thread and being a great leader, without you K. Rool's support in the ballot would be nowhere as close as it is now. And especially, everyone else in this thread, you all helped make this a reality. This group made me feel truly part of a community, and that is a feeling I won't forget. Where ever the road may take us, let us look back and remember what we did.

Good luck Kutthroats, and I wish you all the best of luck.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Incredible to think that just some months ago the ballot was being announced for us to choose what characters did we want it the game as DLC. And now, that has come to an end this day. It surely adds to the saying, time flies by fast when you're having fun, and this guys, was no exception. Even if I wasn't that much a long-time supporter compared to some of you, I do still am a fan and supporter of the King of Kremlings and pray for his success. Hopefully, he does considering the much attention our fanbase has gotten with K. Rool being a topic of discussion not only with ourselves, but with high-tier people that have a hand in the industry, in a way.

Truly shows that when people unite for one goal, they can really reach out for so many people.

From now, let's hope and see that he does make his triumphant appearance not only in the game as a playable character, but in the series that he's part in with insanity, style, charisma, and entertaining traits that made us fond of him.

Let's hope that luck that is in our side, and that our passion, love and attention for the King reaches out to not only Sakurai, but Nintendo as a whole.

It has been a blast so far, and I'm sure it'll still be, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

#K.ROOL4LIFE

Uzume

Orange Heart
Heh heh. Thanks! This topic is where I first heard many of that show's songs. I've been following you guys here and there.
I haven't posted here before, but I've wanted K. Rool since Melee.
Welcome to the Krew, just gonna say you have an amazing avatar, Etrian Odyssey is so underrated.

D

Deleted member

Okay, emotional speech incoming:

To be honest, i can believe how much i grew up to like K.Rool.
It all started back in 2013, when i decided to lurk on these forums frequently.
Back then, K.Rool was more of an afterthought for me rather than a top priority of mine. It's hard to believe really.

Mega Man, Mewtwo, Little Mac and a whole bunch of others took more priority for me that K.Rool and it wasn't until March of 2014 in which i started to really back up the King.

The joy of speculating is something special for me. It may have spoiled my view on the roster, but goddamn i had fun lurking in these boards during late 2013 and 2014. The memories of E3 2013, the Smash Direct, The Invitational, The 50 Fact Extravaganza and so on.

While i really like this game's roster, the newcomers are the one part that didn't feel that special for me.

As of now, 4 of my most wanted characters are in the game:
:4megaman::Obvious choice, but among my favorite choices none the less. Mega Man 1 was one of the first games i ever played and enjoyed, and as such, Mega Man has a lot sentimental value for me.

:4littlemac::Little Mac for me shows how much western popularity can matter sometimes. It gives me hope to see other ATs have promoted roles from NPC to playable. I can only hope.
He may not be an air fighter, but he ain't no joke. He truly is a Nintendo All-Star in my eyes. No matter what others say to me.

:4mewtwo::This guy, oh dear. Mewtwo's absence in Brawl, for me, was the biggest problem i had with the game.
I have a ton of big memories whenever i remember Mewtwo Strikes Back. His appeareance, his way of acting, his powers, i love everything about this little Physic Type Pokemon. He may be competitive trash, but frankly my dear, i don't give a damn.

:4feroy::Yes, i wanted Roy back, deal with it. Ever since i visited the Roy support thread, my view on him changed. Once a character that i was indifferent about is now one of my favorite Smash characters, and it's all thanks to those Roy supporters (especially you Chronobound, thank you). Sorry Lucina, sorry Robin, but Roy's my boy.

To be honest, all the characters that i want that get in the game is just something so magical for me. All this feverish hype, all this talk and limitless what if-scenarios are what made me join SmashBoards. However, nothing can live forever, and i know that Smash 4 DLC will end very soon and with that so will Smash 4 speculation.

When that happens, i will leave these boards. Why? Because that's the only reason i joined in.

I understand that there's more to SmashBoards than just speculation, but the other things like the social forums are not the reason im here. Im not the most social guy ever and i prefer beign alone most of the time. Reflecting my life and staring at the skies all in my own, while i play my favorite video games.

However, when the next game arrives, there's a chance i may return. If that happens, i will talk on how strong and hopefull this fanbase was. We tried to get our message, we wanted to show how important K.Rool is to us. They may not listen to us sadly, but that doesn't mean we did a bad job.

Look at everywhere, you will see how Popular and recognized K.Rool is now. His current popularity puts his pre-release populaity to shame if you ask me. Youtube, Twitter, Facebook and so many other websites in which we made our word heard. The haters simply can't stop us. They may taunt us and maybe even bully us, but their attempts are worthless. K.Rool is popular, and they know in deep in their minds no matter what kind of bull they say.

K.Rool might not make it, but we proved how much he was worth to us.

I will miss those days of speculation, but i will always have fond memories of beign here on SmashBoards. Thank you Swampasaur, ChronoBound, Bkupa666, Chandelure, FalKoopa, Wintropy and others.

I can only hope that K.Rool makes it in.

-Branko.

Thanks for letting me be part of this journey.

Last edited by a moderator:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Maybe when it ends? It just hit midnight Oct 3rd for the EST and it's still up. The deadline is Oct 3rd so maybe it will stay active as such until OCt 4th.

Lunatros

Smash Cadet
If K. Rool isn't in, I'll be here again for the possible Smash 5. But if he is in, then let me say that you have all made a long and wild ride wonderful.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, Kutthroats; I just submitted a vote via my phone for the King. It's good to have been in this thread ever since I first joined back in May of this year. It's been a long journey for all of us, and we'll just see what happens in the end. I honestly do hope he gets in. (Btw, just to clarify, voting from your mobile device won't affect any votes that you may of done previously, such as on your own computer, right? I know its a bit late to ask, but I'm just curious).

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Just want to say it's been an honor being part of the krew, I've wanted K. Rool since Melee and was actually surprised that Nintendo seemed to have been ignoring him for the past 7 or 8 years, I mean c'mon how does he NOT look like an iconic gaming villain all star? If K. Rool gets in SSB4, my new years resolution will be complete, you've all helped me get Nintendo to put the original DKC games back on the nintendo e-shop and DK64, King Of Swing, and Jungle Climber were good bonuses (as well as the DKL games for the 3-DS e-shop). We've gotten Retro Studios including their CEO Michael Kelbaugh to recognize us as well as the original Rare developers now known as Playtonic. Getting K. Rool in will be the last cherry on top. debut in SSB game, returns in a new nintendo game=my new years resolutin Komplete.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
If K. Rool makes it in, I need EVERYONE to promise to play the Rocky Theme: Final Bell, because that's what it's going to feel like.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I did what I needed to.
Now If Nintendo ignore us, is because nothing would change it at all.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
There are two things I've gotten from this thread over these last few months.

1) Even though I've always liked K. Rool as a character and as a boss, this thread has made me appreciate him even more. I thank you for that fellow kutthroats.

2) The K. Rool fanbase is one of, if not, the most dedicated fanbases I've ever seen. You all deserve a golden banana made of pure gold for sticking with K. Rool despite everything that's been against you over the years. Talk about loyalty to your king!

The K. Rool fanbase is almost like K. Rool himself in a way: repeatedly (and sometimes brutally) knocked down, but never out. You keep getting back up no matter how bad things get, and that demands respect if you ask me.

It's been a great ride kutthroats, and I hope that the end of this ride will result in the return of the King in all of his glory.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This ride has been an experience that is not easily forgotten, Kutthroats. You've been some of the best peers to share my love for a character with, and no matter what happens, I will have no regrets for the time I spent here. Thanks for the good times!

Hebrew Hammer

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5154-5209
Im mainly a lurker on this thread but K Rool is my most wanted character (duh). I just wanted to say, no matter what happens, that its been a wild ride

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
This song is somewhat fitting. And it doesn't help that it sounds like he is saying "KRoolus". Too bad its too slow paced to make a combo video with it.
Imagine some related lyrics.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Made one last personal vote for sentiment's sake. That's a wrap.

It's been a wonderful ride with you all, bumpy as it may have been along the way. We'll all be waiting breathlessly for the outcome and emotions will run high no matter what, but regardless, what we've accomplished over the last six months is absolutely something to smile over.

We 100% saved a great character who was on the brink of being lost to the ages. Through the sheer force of our will, K. Rool's name is now ubiquitous among Nintendo fans online, let alone Smash and DK ones, and he will be back soon, mark my words. The days of him being "LOL DEAD IRRELEVANT RETIRED N OBSCURE" have drawn to a close.

I couldn't have asked for a more amazing fanbase of fans among whom to speculate and support my favorite villain. Thanks for everything! Now, let's see what sort of impact we had on those votes!

petrichorcandle

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the ride Kuttthroats, it is rare for an adamant internet troll like me to say that he feels welcomed by any section of the internet, but this is probably one of the few communities where I genuinely do. It's tough being a full-time troll, okay, but you guys have made my life significantly easier. Tonight I will raise my glass of wine, here's to hoping K. Rool is konfirmed and anything pink gold is dekonfirmed. This is petrichor signing out until I hear any further news from official sources :) :) :)

Top Bottom