• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: PM BKupa666 for an Invite to the New K. Rool Thread

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
So, if K. Rool makes it in as his normal Kingly self, we'd all love it and play the hell outta him. But let's be real, here; if Sakurai blesses us with a Kaptain alternate kostume, that's the one we'll play as 99% of the time. Am I alone in thinking this?
No, no you're not. :laugh:

If K. Rool gets in, and he has that alt, I fully expect that that's the one I'll be encountering the majority of the time.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
he actually never said that.Tamaki said 1-2 months from the bat and ash's(gamexplain) source said he'll be revealed at PAX people got the two confused and blamed Tamaki.Doesn't change much as even if shovel knight gets in The king is still overall popular enough in on his own merits
I can't hold all these leaks.

*leaks fall out of hands*

There's just too many.

Apologies for spreading misinformation.

Edit: @bananija the PushDustIn poll results are terrific! K. Rool has a clear, solid lead in both A and B sections with Isaac a ways behind with everyone else a ways behind Isaac. I'm very confident in K. Rool and Isaac's chances right now. This is Sakurai, however, so we have no clue who could get in at this point.

Just a month to go.

Exactly 30 days to be exact, between September 3rd and October 3rd (as of this writing, which is 8 minutes until September 4th). I think a count down is in order!

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I can't hold all these leaks.

*leaks fall out of hands*

There's just too many.

Apologies for spreading misinformation.

Edit: @bananija the PushDustIn poll results are terrific! K. Rool has a clear, solid lead in both A and B sections with Isaac a ways behind with everyone else a ways behind Isaac. I'm very confident in K. Rool and Isaac's chances right now. This is Sakurai, however, so we have no clue who could get in at this point.

Just a month to go.

Exactly 30 days to be exact, between September 3rd and October 3rd (as of this writing, which is 8 minutes until September 4th). I think a count down is in order!
30 Days and 30 Leaks/Rumors.

Todays Rumor: Metal Mario

https://archive.moe/v/thread/308681604

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Just gonna repost from Wolf thread:

You can't be serious.

Squirtle? Over Ivysaur or Pichu? One who is a grass type and one who actually has more votes in Japan (Ivy and Pichu respectively)

AND METAL MARIO!?

Metal Mario. That would be the single dumbest DLC idea ever and Sakurai would have to be on some sort of Martian heroine to do something like that. I think the only thing worse is Jumpman for DLC. It's basically Mario with a Metal Box item which we already have right now.
I actually think that some people are going insane, lawfully insane, from this wait if you got a couple of people wondering if this is real or not, instead of instinctively knowing it isn't.

A long 29 days it shall be indeed.

Last edited:
The Metal Mario thing is likely false, just like nigh all rumors originating on 4chan. Still, I have no reason to dismiss it; it does sound in line with what Sakurai would do. And tbh, I wouldn't be upset with it if it came to pass. In fourth grade, I had a folder with an N64-era render of Metal Mario and everyone thought it was so kewl. I have a soft spot for him.

Are you lot more or less likely to entertain such a rumor if it involves K. Rool? Are you quick to dismiss it if it doesn't mention him?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
it does sound in line with what Sakurai would do.
It really doesn't, though. Sakurai is a game-designer - why would he ever entertain the idea of a character that represents an already-existing power-up in the game?

Ask how the power-up would work on Metal Mario. How can it be clearly indicated that Metal Mario is Metal Metal Mario? ;)

It is absolutely not something that Sakurai, who puts a lot into balancing the game properly, would do.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I'm quick to dismiss most everything related to "smash rumors" unless we have top people backing it up with proven track records, like Neo Zero and PushDustIn, who are backing Tamaki's Shovel Knight rumor, so that's the only one I'm entertaining for now.

King K. Rool or no, and he has been in MANY fake "leaks" and rumors, it doesn't make much a difference in my eyes.

It really doesn't, though. Sakurai is a game-designer - why would he ever entertain the idea of a character that represents an already-existing power-up in the game?

Ask how the power-up would work on Metal Mario. How can it be clearly indicated that Metal Mario is Metal Metal Mario? ;)

It is absolutely not something that Sakurai, who puts a lot into balancing the game properly, would do.
You have a good point, but the question to me is if he'd actually care about that.

In the heat of a versus match, some colors of Pit and Dark Pit are pretty much indistinguishable. Apparently the wings are supposed to give it away, but it's not good enough. Usually I can't even find where my character is in an 8P Smash without pausing the game. I can see Metal Mario coexisting with a Mario with a Metal Cap.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
yeah sakurai may make some dumb decisions but he's not stupid.

Last edited:

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet

It has been brought up. He'd be Gold mario then.

Which brings up the issue of what happens on Golden Plains in the 3DS version.

Really this whole rumor screams crud. I mean just look at Squirtle's supposed Final Smash. 'Rain Dance, heals half of his status and his teammates if applicable.' Why on earth would he have such a cruddy FS.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
^the same reasons DK's FS is inexplicably still crap? *shrug*(not to mention jiggly's FS..)

Last edited:
Before we dogpile, fellow users, I want to reiterate that I don't believe the rumor. But I also cannot dismiss it rationally. You know what else sounds hard to believe when you first hear it? "The dog from Duck Hunt is in the game! He has a duck on his back!" And to that, one would hear responses like, "Fake! The dog isn't friends with the ducks!" or "That rips off Banjo-Kazooie!" or "Sakurai would never pick that before Isaac!"

And my remark about K. Rool was to help stay on topic, and I was genuinely curious if you avoid rumors that omit K. Rool, because I know ones that do mention him get eaten up.

everything about this leak screams fake to me.

also, hey would you guys think it would be kool for k rool to show in in super smash flash 2 as a newcomer(gangplank galleon is a stage in that game) is there any fangames with k rool in it?

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So about that Metal Mario rumor, didn't Sakurai say that DLC from Ryu/Roy on would be fanservice. I mean clearly Metal Mario is the best choice since all of the internet has been clamoring for this character to get in Smash.
Before we dogpile, fellow users, I want to reiterate that I don't believe the rumor. But I also cannot dismiss it rationally. You know what else sounds hard to believe when you first hear it? "The dog from Duck Hunt is in the game! He has a duck on his back!" And to that, one would hear responses like, "Fake! The dog isn't friends with the ducks!" or "That rips off Banjo-Kazooie!" or "Sakurai would never pick that before Isaac!"

And my remark about K. Rool was to help stay on topic, and I was genuinely curious if you avoid rumors that omit K. Rool, because I know ones that do mention him get eaten up.
Considering the Duck Hunt Dog and Duck are some of the most iconic retro video game characters ever, its not hard to believe. Also, you can't really pull much from just the dog. You could, but it'd kinda be boring. Also the dog isn't friends with the ducks line, explain why Rosalina is letting Lumas get hurt. Doesn't she kinda, you know, see them as her family/children.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Asides from the Metal Mario thing, this rumor at least sounds decently plausible.
But the Metal Mario thing is what damns the entire write up. If he had ANYONE ELSE other than Metal Mario (or Jumpman), then he might have had something.

@ Wanderer from Roseyard Wanderer from Roseyard Duck Hunt is different from Metal Mario. Metal Mario is literally a powerup of Mario, a powerup you can get in Smash Bros via the Metal Box item. The Laughing Dog is infamous among Nintendo fans and gamers in general as being one of the most notable troll characters in gaming. I was pleasantly surprised with Duck Hunt and he's the character I didn't know I wanted.

Metal Mario is just Mario using the Metal Box. It's not even Dr. Mario where he has a different outfit.

If Sakurai put in Metal Mario as an actual character:

Thankfully Planet Earth is safe from my meltdown because this will never happen.

But the Metal Mario thing is what damns the entire write up. If he had ANYONE ELSE other than Metal Mario (or Jumpman), then he might have had something.

@ Wanderer from Roseyard Wanderer from Roseyard Duck Hunt is different from Metal Mario. Metal Mario is literally a powerup of Mario, a powerup you can get in Smash Bros via the Metal Box item. The Laughing Dog is infamous among Nintendo fans and gamers in general as being one of the most notable troll characters in gaming. I was pleasantly surprised with Duck Hunt and he's the character I didn't know I wanted.

Metal Mario is just Mario using the Metal Box. It's not even Dr. Mario where he has a different outfit.

If Sakurai put in Metal Mario as an actual character:

Thankfully Planet Earth is safe from my meltdown because this will never happen.
Replace my example of Duck Hunt with any other new character and my point is the same: people don't react well to summarized leaks, and the ones that have turned out to be true have drawn the most harsh response. It was true of the Wolf/ROB/NoKrystalOrGeno revelation for Brawl, and the DuckHunt/BowserJr/NoRidley revelation of this game.

It's almost like more backlash = more truth behind the rumor. That's an interesting measure I'd like to use if I'm around for SSB5 speculation - which I kind of dread, actually.

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I have a single thing to say to Metal Mario: Enjoy rationalizing a character that can literally be made with an already existing character and an item.

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
^the same reasons DK's FS is inexplicably still crap? *shrug*(not to mention jiggly's FS..)
True, they may not be effective. Just look at Rosalina's. Or, probably the best example, Peach. The THING is, this is literally just 'Squirtle heals half his health.' When has any Final Smash been just 'I'mma heal!' Even PEACH has the option to just thwack people while they sleep. But This just screams utter stupidity.

Besides, I'd argue that those really do fit the characters. DK gets the Bongos. Anything else would just be not as iconic. Jiggly... er, what else is Jiggly supposed to do? Cause I'd love to know.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Let's not entertain such foolish things in the King's own thread. Leave the "leaks" to the backroom groups while we focus on the votes this last month.

Personally, I find "fat***" characters to be far and away the most enjoyable ones to play in the game. Makes me wonder if this crazed Shantae fan (looking at his post histories) would still support her if she were "plus-sized."

Last edited:

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
Let's not entertain such foolish things in the King's own thread.

Personally, I find "fat***" characters to be far and away the most enjoyable ones to play in the game. Makes me wonder if this crazed Shantae fan (looking at his post histories) would still support her if she were "plus-sized."
I'm sure there's fan-art of her like that out there. :troll:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I have a single thing to say to Metal Mario: Enjoy rationalizing a character that can literally be made with an already existing character and an item.
Well, technically, two already existing characters since Dr. Mario and Mario are the same character.
True, they may not be effective. Just look at Rosalina's. Or, probably the best example, Peach. The THING is, this is literally just 'Squirtle heals half his health.' When has any Final Smash been just 'I'mma heal!' Even PEACH has the option to just thwack people while they sleep. But This just screams utter stupidity.

Besides, I'd argue that those really do fit the characters. DK gets the Bongos. Anything else would just be not as iconic. Jiggly... er, what else is Jiggly supposed to do? Cause I'd love to know.
Jigglypuff could sing, make everyone fall asleep, get real mad, and draw on their faces.

Let's not entertain such foolish things in the King's own thread.

yeah thats why i decided to get rid of it ,we dont need any toxic stuff in here.

EDIT:
but if people are wondering what you were reffering to it was this READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
if you dont want to get mad then ignore this link
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3jjy5k/results_from_fan_poll/cuq1run

people need to use the gators gonna gate gif more :)

Last edited:

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff could sing, make everyone fall asleep, get real mad, and draw on their faces.
Clearly just a clone of Bowser Jr's. FS.

In all seriousness though, Metal Mario would be the one character I would refuse to buy. Wolf, would love him back. I enjoyed Squirtle plenty in Brawl. But another Mario that apparently has Luigi's Side B, is heavier and larger then Mario, and also has the tornado? Nope. Not even gonna care if I end up spending more buying all the DLC seperately then.

Only upside would be getting Meta Crystal's music. That track is golden.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Clearly just a clone of Bowser Jr's. FS.

In all seriousness though, Metal Mario would be the one character I would refuse to buy. Wolf, would love him back. I enjoyed Squirtle plenty in Brawl. But another Mario that apparently has Luigi's Side B, is heavier and larger then Mario, and also has the tornado? Nope. Not even gonna care if I end up spending more buying all the DLC seperately then.

Only upside would be getting Meta Crystal's music. That track is golden.
Oh, how many fans that would get pissed if the ballot produced Wolf (Okay choice, should've been a preballot but wutevs), Squirtle (eh, okay choice. Another vet.), and Metal Mario. The most disappointing results ever.

CelerinaTheJackrabbit

Smash Cadet
Oh, how many fans that would get pissed if the ballot produced Wolf (Okay choice, should've been a preballot but wutevs), Squirtle (eh, okay choice. Another vet.), and Metal Mario. The most disappointing results ever.
If this WAS the case, I could only assume we're getting more then. I mean, these are clearly characters they could work on quickly. Two pre-established movesets, and a clone. Super simple and quick... I assume.

But if this was it, I'd seriously question Sakurai's... no, Nintendo's sanity.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I know a lot of you guys have suggested a Smoke cloud that reverses the other player's controls and whatnot. Well, super experienced players are going to get around that at some point, so is there anything else that could be added to the cloud to give it some sort of other property that could be used competitvley? Maybe make it like a wall for K Rool to keep people away?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I know a lot of you guys have suggested a Smoke cloud that reverses the other player's controls and whatnot. Well, super experienced players are going to get around that at some point, so is there anything else that could be added to the cloud to give it some sort of other property that could be used competitvley? Maybe make it like a wall for K Rool to keep people away?
Maybe it could do that thing that Lip's stick does, but just makes you flash green or something.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The hatred directed at heavyweights appears to at least partly come from the requirement to actually learn a little more in order to play as them effectively, because there is less opportunity or reward for rushing in haphazardly. So, I suspect not.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Aw I want a leak with King K. Rool. You can put Penguin Luigi in there for all I care. But if it has K. Rool, I might go "Mmmm it could be true guise".

Reverse controller on a basic move sounds too broken to exist. Casual players could end up falling to their death at 0% from it. And while pro players could attempt to control themselves, it owuld still leave them exposed for a hard punish. Plus, it was annoying in DKC2, it will be annoying here. And I don't want to fight people and them to hate me because I picked K. Rool (I can barely play Sonic because of that).

Instead, if you want to integrate smoke shots. I could have some tamer effects:
-Freeze (it actually does that in DKC2 after all)
-Flower on head
-Cloud lingers and cause constant damage (so you can combo shot cloud+dash grab+pummel while they are on cloud)

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Reversing controls via a standard move? ech.. no thanks.. i hated that crap enough on spear pillar and some assist effects as well as in DKC2.. too broken for a non-boss move.

Last edited:
Top Bottom